The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I know I'm beating a dead horse but hip plates and crotch flaps need a hide option

FaylenSol
FaylenSol
✭✭✭✭
Torso pieces really need a hide "Crotch Flaps" and "Hip Plates" option. So many torso and legwear combinations clip due to hip plates or crotch flaps. That or the hip plates are floating.

That's it, that's the thread.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget shoulders, too!
    PCNA
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    YES YES AND YES to the shoulder too.. I know all caps, but whyyyy dont they hear us? 😭
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whyyyy dont they hear us? 😭

Ear flaps.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulders are the worst.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want more longer hip flaps ala the Light Mazzatun Chest pieces. And I want more motifs that don't have any hip or crotch flaps at all.

I also want an option to hide shoulders, hands, feet, and gloves. As long as we have a chest and leg pieces, the rest should be hidable imo
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see hide options for all pieces. Regarding the hip/butt/crotch flappers, I'd like to see those (and pouches, scroll cases, books, etc) moved from their respective chest pieces to belts. That would transform so many chests from reject to usable and give belts an actual purpose beyond a silly buckle. You could choose which (if any) waist mounted accessories you wanted by selecting a supporting belt - independent of your chest choice.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on 16 October 2021 20:52
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see hide options for all pieces. Regarding the hip/butt/crotch flappers, I'd like to see those (and pouches, scroll cases, books, etc) moved from their respective chest pieces to belts. That would transform so many chests from reject to usable and give belts an actual purpose beyond a silly buckle. You could choose which (if any) waist mounted accessories you wanted by selecting a supporting belt - independent of your chest choice.

Not a fan of this idea. I dont want my belt linked to anything but being a buckle, since with some outfits the buckle you choose is pretty important. It would be way better if the hip/crotch flaps were totally separate. I don't want outfits that utelize one style to suddenly have a hip flap style I never wanted that completely breaks my existing outfit because hip flaps I hate are suddenly linked to my buckle.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not lying when I saw 19/20 combinations I'd like are ruined by overlapping crotch flaps from a leg and torso clipping through each other.

2 different body parts do not BOTH need crotch flaps.

Why?!?!?

Please be consistent and make all crotch flaps tied to the belt buckle and not anything else. So we don't have crotch flaps over crotch flaps.

Edited by Red_Feather on 16 October 2021 21:05
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should just be toggle options in the menu for this like there are for your mount’s training-based visual accessories
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed....
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not lying when I saw 19/20 combinations I'd like are ruined by overlapping crotch flaps from a leg and torso clipping through each other.

One of my favorite Motif chest pieces, Sea Giant, has annoying hip plates and a crotch flap that just don't work well with a ton of leg motif styles. Any leg motifs that add anything to the hips or posterior immediately clip and look bad.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's only 3-4 styles I actually use - Sunspire, Order of the Hour are two off the top of my head. Anything without flaps, which doesn't leave much of a choice. :|
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    agreed we need toggles for these too.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    And, a toggle, volume slider for battle music. *another hugely beaten dead horse*
  • Rumancek
    Rumancek
    ✭✭✭
    FaylenSol wrote: »
    Torso pieces really need a hide "Crotch Flaps" and "Hip Plates" option. So many torso and legwear combinations clip due to hip plates or crotch flaps. That or the hip plates are floating.

That's it, that's the thread.

Agreed. Would also like the option to hide shoulders.
    "I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
    CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
    PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
    Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
    Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
    Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
    Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
    Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
    Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, a toggle, volume slider for battle music. *another hugely beaten dead horse*

I.... don't even hear it any more. As with so much else, human hearing is selective; if you are annoyed by something enough, you can subconsciously just not hear it.

Eh. At least that's how it works for me....
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it suggested before that the mud and crotch flaps be part of the belt instead. That would be a great solution because it would be easy to remove or keep them.
    PCNA
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it suggested before that the mud and crotch flaps be part of the belt instead. That would be a great solution because it would be easy to remove or keep them.

Totaly agree, some times I like flaps on gear but yes I really want free will with outfit and move this to belt would be great!
    And hide shoulders needed... I saw screenshot from beta? and there was option to hide everything...
    Really sorry for my english
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was probably been told already that there are actually hidden options for a toggles that doesn't work yet so it's in works probably. It's the absolute best solution as any other like link them to another piece just ruins other's outfit that needed some specific belt or something. Even better one would be a toggle not in menu but in an outfit station itself.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ones that float, yes. I'm sure those can be removed with minimal effort from the 3D and rigging team. But the ones that are attached to the torso are not possible most likely (a la the strips of cloth that go down the front and backside). The geometry there is attached and would need to be redone. Even if they're using a script or a program like 3D coat, they would need to have the files and ability to edit them to get rid of those flaps, make sure the geometry is solid, and remap them for animation so there is no clipping. For every torso armor piece. This would be a few hours of work per piece (for a single employee mind you), and there are hundreds of pieces. Keep in mind, male and female versions have their own geometry and would need to be made separately.
    I'd love for it too, but as a 3D artist, I know it's probably not possible without some effort, and effort=money spent on something that is free for players, therefore it won't happen. Floating pieces and shoulders? minimal effort so it's possible. Let's just hope the feedback (that's been coming in for years so probably a no) makes them realize that we don't want the mud flaps, so less sets in the future have them.
    Edited by merpins on 18 October 2021 17:48
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has ZOS ever explained why they keep adding hip flaps etc? Lore? Aesthetic? It’s the strangest armour design especially the ones that stick out side wise.

And yes, this one agrees that they should have “hide” option.
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest question is why does ZOS continue to design the newest motifs and outfits in the same fashion and slap those abominations on everything still. Literally never seen a single person who'd say "Yep, love the flappies, keep 'em coming devs!"
    Yet the requests to be able to hide hip plates, shoulders, etc. come up regularly. To fall onto the deaf ears.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they should be optional. I would not have a single flap on my outfits.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose those flaps serve a purpose on heavy armor but certainly much less so on medium and not at all on light armor. A mage robe with hip flappers? How silly is that?
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm amazed how universal the opinions on this matter has been so far.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even when they don't clip, they just don't look good. It reduces the number of usable styles drastically.

Please let us hide them, or tell us why they are so integral to the game that they have to be there!
    PC - NA
  • tripp
    tripp
    ✭✭✭
    Everything should be hide-able. If someone wants to run around in their undies, let them. You're free to pelt them with mudballs or pies. I should be free to adventure wearing nothing but boots and trousers.
    big, green, buff, but surprisingly not the Hulk
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally with you here. I would *really* prefer to see and use the armor styles totally without the flaps and hip things. Usually those don't even display properly, so you've got these things in front and back that stand up as if you've packed two bags of flour in there, and the hip flaps aren't attached to anything and just float around meaninglessly.
    Both distort the lines of the armor and often make a character look like a collection of scrap instead of elegant.

I'm definitely all for being able to hide those.

And yes, being able to hide *everything* would be really awesome!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems their primary purpose is to clip with everything.
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add my voice to this. We've been asking for options to hide pieces for a long time. Hip plates, crotch flaps, shoulders. I'd like to see more options to hide than just those but at this point I will take anything more than what we currently have.