Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 32 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

• Davedipy04
    So right now, players are testing the new "Stamina Whip" in parses, dueling, and whatever else. I believe everyone's opinion on the new change is somewhat mixed as well. However, I think everyone can agree that the skill is kind of hard to sustain and awkward to use on a stamina set up, considering the skill still costs magicka to cast. Now I'm not sure what everyone else thinking, but what if the cost of the skill was determined by the highest of your two resources instead. Example: If you have more max stamina than you do max magicka, the skill now costs stamina instead of magicka. This could also change the way the animation and damage type works as well though. When you have more max stamina than magicka, it could change the animation into a toxic whip that does poison damage instead of fire damage. The name of the skill would most likely need to be changed a little as well, but you get the point. Now I also think this could be a thing on other classes as well, but it should also only apply to class skills, nothing else. This could be a start to some unique morphs and changes to certain class skills in this game. Especially to pretty useless skills, I'm looking at you malevolent offering. Anyway, that's my take on this, what do you guys think?
    Xbox NA: 1600cp
    PC NA: 1150cp
    PvP Healer
  • Davedipy04
    Please hybridize more skills that simply push a stamina/magicka divide without offering any unique differences.

For example, skills like the Warden's Lotus Flower simply split into two different morphs where one gives Major Savagery and the other gives Major Prophecy. Please combine these into one skill (like you are doing in this patch with DK's Cauterize), which opens up room for another morph that offers a unique effect, instead of asking players to simply choose between a stamina/magicka binary morph that does the same thing.

YES!
    PvP Healer
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davedipy04 wrote: »
    **Volatile Armor Should Be Doing Fire Damage** Firstly lets talk about the animation of being hit by volatile armor, you're literally on fire... flames and everything. Also since most DKs in PvP do not run a large amount of recovery this would help DK's sustain through the combustion passive, in PvP and also in PvE (DK tanks etc...). Its very odd that it does magic damage when that doesn't fit the class in the least. It would make way more sense for volatile to do fire damage and it would help both Stamina and Magicka DKs that tiny bit more.

Volatile Armor is also broken with respect to applying Status Effects.

I went all-in on the PTS stacking Heartland Conqueror + Charged Destruction Staff and the rate that it applied Minor Magickasteal was very close to the base rate of a single-target DoT of 3%.

The thorns damage component was even worse. Since it's a single-target direct damage attack it should have been applying at 100% frequency but it was somehow coming in even lower than its 10% base rate - closer to 5%.

So something is not working correctly with respect to that skill.
  • Davedipy04
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    7q8Xiys.png

On the advanced stats screen can you please include the base 50% crit damage, as in the tooltip you say 125% is the cap, however, you hit the cap when the number says 75%. This is unintuitive for newer players.

I know the 50% is stated in the tooltip, but it should really be included by default.

100%!
    PvP Healer
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabi95 wrote: »
    The Templar fixes are very appreciated. It would be also great if the following would be considered for positive balance changes:

There are some huge disparities for quite a few Templar passives compared to other classes. For instance the "Restoring Spirit" passive needs rework since it's dated: "Reduces the Magicka, Stamina, and Ultimate costs of your abilities by 5%."

Let's compare this with the two following two Sorcerer passives:
    Unholy Knowledge: "Reduces the Health, Magicka, and Stamina costs of your abilities by 6%"
    Power Stone: "Reduces the cost of your Ultimate abilities by 15%"

The cost reduction for normal abilities is 1% higher, and Sorcerers also get a whole 10% extra reduction for all ultimates on top. This is extremely huge! And it makes the "Restoring Spirit" passive with it's humble 5% reduction very outdated, especially because Templars already struggle with sustain anyway. The Dawn's Wrath passive called "Prism" does not compensate here. 3 ultimate every 6 seconds for casting a Dawn's Wrath ability does unfortunately not come close to the flat 15% ultimate cost reduction for Sorcerers. On top, Sorcerers have extra passives for recovery already and a conversion skill.

My suggestion would be to increase the "Restoring Spirit" passive to at least 8%, this would be a great balanced value (this would need testing of course). Also reworking the "Enduring Rays" passive to include some sort of recovery bonus would be very needed, as a 2 seconds extension on some skills feels underwhelming. Please consider some of the recent feedback in the class feedback thread as well: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416459/class-rep-templar-feedback-thread For consistency, I'm going to add this post there too. Thank you in advance for considering!

Ah, the selective comparison. Since you compare sustain, I will compare damage. Piercing spear, buring light, balance warrior, enduring rays, prism, and illuminate are all passives that support templar damage aspect. One the other hand, sorcerer only has, expliotation, enrgized, aptitude, and expert mage. 6 passives for templar and 4 for sorcerer. Templar obly nerd to use 2-3 skills to be top tier damage dealer while sorcerer need to use atleast 5 skills.

Both classes have their ups abd dowbs line most classed, tryibg to compare a small sigmebt of each class gets you nowhere. Templar gas better defense abd damage while sorcerer has better sustain and survivability.

Fyi, you mentioned conversion skill for sorcerer. I almost never seen any sorcerer use it in PvE because it does not fit into rotations and c9mbat flow. Conversion is commonly use in PvP abd even then ut can be easily counter by interupt and for the duration of the channel, the target is not doing anything besude wlk8ng so it make them vunirable to all kind of attack, if you choose to cancel the channel and do aby other attack, they wasted time to get rss back.
  • wolvensol87
    wolvensol87
    Soul Shriven
    Vevvev wrote: »
    So I'm a tad confused on the whole mist from change is it just the damage reduction going away for it and the morphs? or is the DPS and healing from blood mist also only going to work in PVP only?

Damage reduction will only apply to player based damage. The other effects of Mistform still apply, but the issue is the ability is the damage reduction. Essentially it has been removed from PvE entirely with this change as the bonus effects are out classed by other abilities that are more cost effective and don't lock you out of blocking, sprinting, light/heavy attacking, etc.

ah ok, then I can keep using the skill...Myself I don't use it for the damage reduction
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm a tad confused on the whole mist from change is it just the damage reduction going away for it and the morphs? or is the DPS and healing from blood mist also only going to work in PVP only?

Damage reduction will only apply to player based damage. The other effects of Mistform still apply, but the issue is the ability is the damage reduction. Essentially it has been removed from PvE entirely with this change as the bonus effects are out classed by other abilities that are more cost effective and don't lock you out of blocking, sprinting, light/heavy attacking, etc.

ah ok, then I can keep using the skill...Myself I don't use it for the damage reduction

What good is mist form if not for the damage reduction? The major expedition and snare/stun immunity are all extras in coparison to the damage reduction. Just my opinion, but you would have better option if you are using it for speed in PvE.
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    Mistform is now useless in PvE without its main resource, you should compensate vampirism or resolve the issue with it in another way, which was suggested several times, if you're really going to kill a skill's main function, you should at least add another effect to make it worth it all those past nerfs and weaknesses.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB's Malevolent Offering changes... there are some problems with it...

1. Currently, on live server, this skill scales with max health - so NB tanks and both stamina & magicka NBs can use it effectively. On PTS however, this skill costs magicka, and scales with max magicka and spell damage - effectively making this skill Magicka NB build exclusive. Also, this skill can now critically heal.

This change, means that NB tanks & stam NB lose very effective support heal they have in their toolkit. It feels like this class heal should be more or less available to be a viable choice on all NB builds (it is a class ability !). It would help if it would scale with your highest offensive stat or max health instead.

2. Malevolent Offering scaling may seem to be too strong... I have tried it out on one of my hybrid builds. With 15K max magicka & 2.5K spell damage, this skill has 8K tooltip and 4K tooltip in Cyrodiil. On an optimized build I was able to get 20K tooltip and 10K tooltip in Cyrodiil.

10K ranged burst heal on self or an allay spamable in PvP... I like NB buffs, but this is kinda ridiculous...

TLDR:
    1. NB Class heal should be a viable choice on all NB builds. Class heal scaling with magicka & spell damage makes it not a viable choice on tank builds & stamina builds. Some options should left open via morph (so one morph could still cost health) or by making this skill to scale with max offensive stat or max health.
    2. "Questionable" scaling. I understand it is stronger, because it has a penalty attached (dot damage on self).. but despite the healing de-buff in Cyrodiil (Battle spirit) I was able to get insane tooltips. 10K or more, and if the heal crited - it was even more ridiculous...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 11 October 2021 20:44
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Currently, on live server, this skill scales with max health - so NB tanks and both stamina & magicka NBs can use it effectively. On PTS however, this skill costs magicka, and scales with max magicka and spell damage - effectively making this skill Magicka NB build exclusive. Also, this skill can now critically heal.

This change, means that NB tanks & stam NB lose very effective support heal they have in their toolkit. It feels like this class heal should be more or less available to be a viable choice on all NB builds (it is a class ability !). It would help if it would scale with your highest offensive stat or max health instead.

2. Malevolent Offering scaling may seem to be too strong... I have tried it out on one of my hybrid builds. With 15K max magicka & 2.5K spell damage, this skill has 8K tooltip and 4K tooltip in Cyrodiil. On an optimized build I was able to get 20K tooltip and 10K tooltip in Cyrodiil.

10K ranged burst heal on self or an allay spamable in PvP... I like NB buffs, but this is kinda ridiculous...

TLDR:
    1. NB Class heal should be a viable choice on all NB builds. Class heal scaling with magicka & spell damage makes it not a viable choice on tank builds & stamina builds. Some options should left open via morph (so one morph could still cost health) or by making this skill to scale with max offensive stat or max health.
    2. "Questionable" scaling. I understand it is stronger, because it has a penalty attached (dot damage on self).. but despite the healing de-buff in Cyrodiil (Battle spirit) I was able to get insane tooltips. 10K or more, and if the heal crited - it was even more ridiculous...

I'm not playing any sad violin for stamBlades since they have always had access to Vigor.

It's magBlades that have been forever out in the cold in terms of access to a reliable self-heal and this change seems to solve that problem.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TLDR:

I'm not playing any sad violin for stamBlades since they have always had access to Vigor.

It's magBlades that have been forever out in the cold in terms of access to a reliable self-heal and this change seems to solve that problem.
    The problem though still exist from a tank perspective. As a tank, you have a lot of health & health recovery, so you can cast Malevolent Offering a lot and don't waste your valuable resources. It is a very good support heal for a support tank build (PvE & PvP). It is something unique that a NB tank can bring to a group - "almost" free heals (you are literally using your health bar to cast a skill), so that the tank can use resources for other things.

With magicka cost added, you wont be able to cast this ability too often. It is not about stam NB or mag NB. Most tanks are hybrid or they don't have a lot of max offensive resources. This change feels like it is more for NB healers. Because in order to sustain health cost, on live server you need to have larger health pool & health recovery - something that tanks usually have.

I tested it on PTS and health dot is very weak (even if you dont have a lot of resistance). You can probably negate 1 or 3 casts just by having some tiny amount of health recovery, and if you cast more, you can negate that just by casting Malevolent Offering on yourself from time to time.

In general... I know that they are trying to change this skill so healers would use it.... but they are taking away class uniqueness. I mean the ability to cast an ability by using not your magicka or stamina, but your health bar.

With this change, this skill will be basically another generic heal and we have plenty of those in ESO (entire restoration staff basically).

I think that the primary issue with this change:
    Taking away something that is unique, something that makes certain class... "a class" is a bad move.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 11 October 2021 22:07
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, sorry for yet another post, but I think like it is needed. My previous posts were a bit rushed, I only did some minimal testing and jumped into conlusions too fast. Sorry, my bad ;) .

Feedback for Nightblade PTS Patch Notes v7.2.3 Malevolent Offering changes:

I have been testing Malevolent Offering on live & on PTS. I have been running here & there with it, doing various types of content on a couple of builds, so I would have a better understanding of it. After a couple of hours spend on PTS and then on Live and then on PTS again I can finally for sure provide my honest opinion & feedback:

Longer feedback with observations & notes:
    Malevolent Offering - an ability to heal others by sacrificing your own health. On live server, it feels... "correct". I mean it feels right, as it should. You cast it, you lose some health, your characters grunts as you take damage, your ally gets heald. It feels as it should and very satisfying to use. You sacrifice your own live force & transfer it to some one else. If you exaggerate a bit then you start to notice it. Your health bar drops a bit and you have to stop the "transfer" as it may get you killed. This skill has a "mini-game" (health management) build in, which also contributes to this skill feeling rewarding when used right.

On PTS however... well...

Lets just ask ourself a question: What is a Nightbalde healer / support ?
    I mean it is obvious. Nightblade is a blood mage.

They have the power to siphon live force from their foes and transfer it to their allies or themselves. The entire "tree" is called "Siphoning" for a reason. They can also (if necessary) transfer their own live force to heal their allies. It is a primal, primitive but effective magick that Nightblade posses. This is their class theme. This is their class power-fantasy.

On PTS, Malevolent Offering feels nothing like that. It feels wrong. It feels as if I was using some generic single target healing ability. We have plenty of those in ESO (restoration staff skill line for example). After a while, it felt like the only difference is animation. I tried hard, but I could not achieve same effect as on live server - to exaggerate & heal too many times so my own health bar would start to go down. No. I barely even noticed it was moving. And what is worse, it seemed like my character was "grunting" for no reason, as the negative effect (health damage over time) was barely noticeable (even with the stronger, Healthy Offering morph). It felt very unsatisfying to use. Using other healing abilities, like Sap Essence or Strife or even restoration staff feels 100 times better and more satisfying. Malevolent Offering on PTS simply does not feel like a Siphoning ability.

You see, as I have said before, Malevolent Offering is a part of NB's class theme. It is one of the iconic NB class abilities. Just like Cloak, Grim Focus, Soul Shred, Death Stroke is. It is one of NB's "power-fantasy" skills. Also, Malevolent Offering is something unique that NB has. The ability to cast a skill without using magicka or stamina. You are basically using your health bar to cast an ability. This is a unique thing that Nightblade brings to the table - extra "almost" free heals. You dont spend resources on it, so those resources can be used elsewhere to benefit you and your group.

So, by changing health cost to magicka, you are basically taking away a unique class feature that makes class... "a class". It is something that should not happen.

On the other hand, I also understand that Nightbalde is lacking a proper class - heal. But NB has a lot of risk & reward healing abilities. In the past that used to be a thing - that each class play differently. As a Nightbalde you had to deal damage or kill enemies in order to be healed. But I guess times has changed.

I would strongly suggest to keep this ability as it is, so it would cost health, or at least one morph. So the basic morph can be self/target heal costing magicka, one, morph costing magicka, but the other morph, should remain as it is - so it would still cost health as basically... it works better & feels better to use.

Also, a side note: Ideally (but I dont know if this is possible), what if Malevolent Offering self heal would cost magicka, but when casted on an ally, it would cost health ? That would also work, as it would give NB a generic self - heal, while not taking away their class specific feature.

TLDR (Shorter version of feedback & my observations):

- On live server, using Malevolent Offering feels satisfying and rewarding (especially if you will play its min-game of health bar management). It feels like a cheap, but "dirty" blood-magick style healing, as it costs your health.
    - On PTS, using Malevolent Offering feels like using a generic, universal single target healing spell. It does not feel like a "siphoning" skill at all. It is no where near close to be as rewarding and satisfying to use as the Live server version.
    - Nightblade lost one of its class - defying feature - being able to cast a skill without using stamina or magicka. Another thing that NB class can bring to the table ("almost" free heals that benefit group) is gone.
    - Nightblade gained a simple class sealf-heal, but at a great cost. The self heal is very powerful, but not many builds will be able to use it effective. Nightblade tanks, healers, stamina builds and even magicka builds to some degree are actually way more effective with using health-costing Malevolent Offering (live server). PTS Malevolent Offering benefits only a narrow portion of NB builds - PvP mag NB only, and not even all of the builds.

Conclusion: It feels like a health costing healing is still needed. That is why I think that at least one morph of Malevolent Offering should still cost health.

Alternatively, It would be awesome if it was possible to make this skill cost magicka when it is used as a self-heal and health when it is used for healing allies.

^ This would make the skill consistent with the rest of Niightblade's Siphoning skills and with the class power-fantasy, while providing much needed class self-heal, but without obliterating NB support tanks, healers and hybrid & stamina builds that can use this ability. Builds that specialize in support could pick different, health-costing morph, while builds that need a class self-heal would also have an option.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 13 October 2021 12:45
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the change to Malevolent Offering; magicka Nightblades needed a strong self-heal for things like Cloudrest portals, and it's great to get a heal that doesn't require giving up Nightblades' unique Cloak ability. That said, can we please get the icon changed? It's been thorny vines wrapped around a pair of boots since it was Agony.

With the changes to Nightblade I'm wondering if they're supposed to be recompense for the Critical Damage cap. Templars got buffed last patch -- why have Wardens been ignored? They also have a boost to Critical Damage and it's worse than Templars' and Nightblades'...

Wardens' Glacial Presence passive technically does provide 10% Critical Damage and also provides Critical Healing, which Templars' Piercing Spear and Nightblades' Hemorrhage do not. However, it's conditional (requires an enemy to have been Chilled recently), whereas Nightblades' and Templars' passives are not, and the Critical Healing portion is very niche (requiring allies to have been Chilled recently, meaning it won't help if there's no source of frost damage hitting your allies). I think either changing it to simply "Increases your Critical Damage by 10%" would be fine and consistent with the other passives, which provide a flat boost to Critical Damage and some other effect. Alternatively, it could be "Increases your Critical Damage by 5% and increases your Critical Healing by 5%" to keep the healing flavor.

Unrelated to the Critical Damage cap, I think Glacial Presence should probably just be "Increases your chance to apply Chilled by 200%," full stop. The current method is too dependent on using Winter's Revenge, which makes magicka Warden feel very "eggs in one basket."
    Edited by PrinceShroob on 13 October 2021 02:01
  • SandroLordOfDarkness

This problem has already existed for more than one patch, since the release of Elsweyr, I have written about this more than once, although there were no fixes.
    There is a problem regarding the animations of the necromancer, and specifically worried about the fact that when using ANY skill of the "Necromancer" class, weapons "disappear" from the hands (including quivers when equipping a bow).
    I want to ask you for help in resolving such a question - what can be done so that the weapon does not disappear when using the above skills, tk. purely from a role-playing point of view, the necromancer is my favorite class, and since I am inherently a perfectionist (to some extent), this problem is very painful for the eyes, in addition, I express not only my opinion, but the opinion of a huge number of my guildmates / friends / acquaintances who play for this class.
    I understand that you have a lot of work now, but I ask you to help me with solving this problem.
    Thanks
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem has already existed for more than one patch, since the release of Elsweyr, I have written about this more than once, although there were no fixes.
    There is a problem regarding the animations of the necromancer, and specifically worried about the fact that when using ANY skill of the "Necromancer" class, weapons "disappear" from the hands (including quivers when equipping a bow).
    I want to ask you for help in resolving such a question - what can be done so that the weapon does not disappear when using the above skills, tk. purely from a role-playing point of view, the necromancer is my favorite class, and since I am inherently a perfectionist (to some extent), this problem is very painful for the eyes, in addition, I express not only my opinion, but the opinion of a huge number of my guildmates / friends / acquaintances who play for this class.
    I understand that you have a lot of work now, but I ask you to help me with solving this problem.
    Thanks

Here I am wanting the opposite like for example why does Vampire's claw strike use a weapon?
    Edited by Vevvev on 13 October 2021 00:14
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should like to note that I think the Critical Damage cap is too low compared to base critical damage -- 50% is almost half of 125%. Consider altering our base critical damage if you want to keep the cap so low.

However, regardless of whether the Critical Damage cap is increased, you must must must include the base critical damage in the character menu or change the text to indicate that the cap is 75% (the Critical Damage stat visible in the menu plus the base 50%). The current implementation -- where the text says 125% is the cap but the menu does not include the base value of 50% in your critical damage stat -- is incredibly misleading.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healthy/Shrewd Offering change is absolutely fantastic and I know a lot of magblades out there that will agree.

After playing around with it on the PTS for a few hours yesterday, I can say that this is the single most important change to the NB toolkit that I've seen since I started playing ESO 3 years ago — it's game-changing.

Thank you for finally giving this to us.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the change to Malevolent Offering; magicka Nightblades needed a strong self-heal for things like Cloudrest portals, and it's great to get a heal that doesn't require giving up Nightblades' unique Cloak ability. That said, can we please get the icon changed? It's been thorny vines wrapped around a pair of boots since it was Agony.

With the changes to Nightblade I'm wondering if they're supposed to be recompense for the Critical Damage cap. Templars got buffed last patch -- why have Wardens been ignored? They also have a boost to Critical Damage and it's worse than Templars' and Nightblades'...

Wardens' Glacial Presence passive technically does provide 10% Critical Damage and also provides Critical Healing, which Templars' Piercing Spear and Nightblades' Hemorrhage do not. However, it's conditional (requires an enemy to have been Chilled recently), whereas Nightblades' and Templars' passives are not, and the Critical Healing portion is very niche (requiring allies to have been Chilled recently, meaning it won't help if there's no source of frost damage hitting your allies). I think either changing it to simply "Increases your Critical Damage by 10%" would be fine and consistent with the other passives, which provide a flat boost to Critical Damage and some other effect. Alternatively, it could be "Increases your Critical Damage by 5% and increases your Critical Healing by 5%" to keep the healing flavor.

Unrelated to the Critical Damage cap, I think Glacial Presence should probably just be "Increases your chance to apply Chilled by 200%," full stop. The current method is too dependent on using Winter's Revenge, which makes magicka Warden feel very "eggs in one basket."

The crit dmg to chilled enemies is pretty flavourful and rewards applying our specific status effect similar to how dk gets bonuses to poisoned and burning. i don't think they should change that since it would hurt frost dps a bit, it's both flavour and function. crit healing to chilled allies is so weirdly specific it's probably better if they just kinda removed that or even replace it to include hemorrage for the crit dmg buff as well so stamdens can better get in on it.

Magicka Wardens have been asking for a new and powerful frost damage skill they can use in pvp and pve for a long time on the winter's embrace line since we are the frost damage class, but we still haven't gotten that yet despite being the class with the fewest effective non ultimate damage skills of any class and 3 of those 4 being magic damage. our Class identity is in shambles.
    We also lack a class offensive stun, getting arctic blast as a defensive one in place of it with added health based healing on top(?). Since the rightful blast nerf we have frankly awful self healing even though we are the class with major mending in our passives. since all of our options are either really poor, or require more than 1gcd to heal as much as some other class options. I was not a fan of health stacking at all since it made us obnoxious to fight, but now our mag and spell dmg based heals are atrocious.

The last time we were directly buffed in even a niche way was back during harrowstorm when we got this crit damage bonus to chilled enemies in the first place, during markarth, stamina warden's sub assault was changed to be better, and now we as magdens use it because it's beating our deep fissure morph...

magicka warden really needs to be looked at soon.

here's hoping to at least frost shalks next patch.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on 13 October 2021 05:16
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davedipy04 wrote: »
    **Volatile Armor Should Be Doing Fire Damage** Firstly lets talk about the animation of being hit by volatile armor, you're literally on fire... flames and everything. Also since most DKs in PvP do not run a large amount of recovery this would help DK's sustain through the combustion passive, in PvP and also in PvE (DK tanks etc...). Its very odd that it does magic damage when that doesn't fit the class in the least. It would make way more sense for volatile to do fire damage and it would help both Stamina and Magicka DKs that tiny bit more.

Volatile Armor is also broken with respect to applying Status Effects.

I went all-in on the PTS stacking Heartland Conqueror + Charged Destruction Staff and the rate that it applied Minor Magickasteal was very close to the base rate of a single-target DoT of 3%.

The thorns damage component was even worse. Since it's a single-target direct damage attack it should have been applying at 100% frequency but it was somehow coming in even lower than its 10% base rate - closer to 5%.

So something is not working correctly with respect to that skill.

Wish Volatile Armor spikes would pulse every 5 seconds for 5 seconds of damage for the duration of the skill instead of once at the start for 10 seconds of damage. Always felt DK’s where missing part of the damage on it since you want to pre-buff before starting most fights. It would really be nice if the damage was either poison or fire instead of magic damage also.

The shield on Hardened Armor is mostly a joke. No one cast Hardened Armor for the shield. Really wished it would give Minor Resolve instead or something like another 2000 health while active.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey :)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The crit dmg to chilled enemies is pretty flavourful and rewards applying our specific status effect similar to how dk gets bonuses to poisoned and burning. i don't think they should change that since it would hurt frost dps a bit, it's both flavour and function. crit healing to chilled allies is so weirdly specific it's probably better if they just kinda removed that or even replace it to include hemorrage for the crit dmg buff as well so stamdens can better get in on it.
    Wish they would do the same for Sorcerers and shock damage / concussed. Ever since losing the champion perk that increased damage against off-balance enemies, concussed has been largely superfluous.

Sorcerers also don't have a shock spammable, which would have been nice to get with the Destructive Reach rework. Apparently, the quintessential shock mage doesn't even use Lightning Flood anymore.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Wish they would do the same for Sorcerers and shock damage / concussed. Ever since losing the champion perk that increased damage against off-balance enemies, concussed has been largely superfluous.

Sorcerers also don't have a shock spammable, which would have been nice to get with the Destructive Reach rework. Apparently, the quintessential shock mage doesn't even use Lightning Flood anymore.

i think shock clench would make a great spammable if it did the same ST burst as reach, would seperate it a bit from frost reach as well since it would be an excellent spammables for both groups and single targets. it'd be interesting if on sorc, concussed did something unique as well. if they want us to use the charged trait they need to actually help staus effect builds out by giving us ways to boost the status effects via class passives and item sets.

a set like this:
    unknown.png

would reward frost dps for each individual application of chilled and increase their damage by making it naturally execute over the course of a fight. because right now we're only rewarded for making sure the uptime is consistent. not applying it as much as possible.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on 13 October 2021 07:54
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    Those Nightblade changes are awesome, but what about Mist Form? Are you guys going to ignore all the feedback?
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering, since I am new to the PTS and forums.. is it the norm that ZoS post these feedback threads and then don't respond to any of the comments?

I'm sure it could be a slippery slope to respond to comments, but I can see a frustration here that our concerns are being ignored. I think this would be helped an awful lot if ZoS members would provide a little bit of feedback as to why certain changes that have been requested are not making it into the patch notes. It doesn't really inspire much trust when the majority seem to request something (cough stam-whip.. cough fix stone giant..) that never makes it into the game. How are we to know the devs are listening if they don't ever reply?
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering, since I am new to the PTS and forums.. is it the norm that ZoS post these feedback threads and then don't respond to any of the comments?

I'm sure it could be a slippery slope to respond to comments, but I can see a frustration here that our concerns are being ignored. I think this would be helped an awful lot if ZoS members would provide a little bit of feedback as to why certain changes that have been requested are not making it into the patch notes. It doesn't really inspire much trust when the majority seem to request something (cough stam-whip.. cough fix stone giant..) that never makes it into the game. How are we to know the devs are listening if they don't ever reply?

Yes this is the regular process, which is also why people feel their feedback isn't being heard or isn't relevant unless something actually makes it into the patch notes.

That's one topic that Zos should heavily improve on, they don't have to answer every single comment but at the very least there should be an indicator if a dev has read a post (which they apparently do every day)

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think shock clench would make a great spammable if it did the same ST burst as reach, would seperate it a bit from frost reach as well since it would be an excellent spammables for both groups and single targets. it'd be interesting if on sorc, concussed did something unique as well. if they want us to use the charged trait they need to actually help staus effect builds out by giving us ways to boost the status effects via class passives and item sets.

a set like this:
    unknown.png

would reward frost dps for each individual application of chilled and increase their damage by making it naturally execute over the course of a fight. because right now we're only rewarded for making sure the uptime is consistent. not applying it as much as possible.

Heh, that set reminds me of the old Sorcerer explosion passive ... disintegrating low health enemies was so much fun.
    It was always strange that its damage scaled with health, but the rework never seemed that interesting to me.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭

They don't listen, put something out then never change it when people don't want it. Blizzard has better interaction with players. Rogue Company, Insurgency. Ubisoft only listen to pros (less than 100 players) where as Zos only listen to their stream hosts who rarely do low level PvE
  • Brahma_Br
    Brahma_Br
    ✭✭

Magicka Wardens have been asking for a new and powerful frost damage skill they can use in pvp and pve for a long time on the winter's embrace line since we are the frost damage class, but we still haven't gotten that yet despite being the class with the fewest effective non ultimate damage skills of any class and 3 of those 4 being magic damage. our Class identity is in shambles.
    We also lack a class offensive stun, getting arctic blast as a defensive one in place of it with added health based healing on top(?). Since the rightful blast nerf we have frankly awful self healing even though we are the class with major mending in our passives. since all of our options are either really poor, or require more than 1gcd to heal as much as some other class options. I was not a fan of health stacking at all since it made us obnoxious to fight, but now our mag and spell dmg based heals are atrocious.

The last time we were directly buffed in even a niche way was back during harrowstorm when we got this crit damage bonus to chilled enemies in the first place, during markarth, stamina warden's sub assault was changed to be better, and now we as magdens use it because it's beating our deep fissure morph...

I’m a Magden pvp player on PS4, and one of the lasts non-healer magicka warden in PvP….
    Magden have been greatly harmed by the latest nerfs, especially with the Artic Blast healing reduction.
    Today the Artic Blast is the most expensive burst heal in terms of magicka and the least effective in healing, compared to the other magicka classes.

Besides, well thought out message above, about the dmg (Frost Shalks plzzzzz!!!!!)

Please Zos, give Magden some love!!!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brahma_Br wrote: »

I’m a Magden pvp player on PS4, and one of the lasts non-healer magicka warden in PvP….
    Magden have been greatly harmed by the latest nerfs, especially with the Artic Blast healing reduction.
    Today the Artic Blast is the most expensive burst heal in terms of magicka and the least effective in healing, compared to the other magicka classes.

Besides, well thought out message above, about the dmg (Frost Shalks plzzzzz!!!!!)

Please Zos, give Magden some love!!!

I think the arctic blast morph should lose the healing entirely to focus on dealing solid damage(enough to be useful in endgame pve) while also offensively stunning (a ranged frontal line aoe that we can aim at our target would be incredibly interesting and combo nicely with our whole "frontal aoe burst" playstyle) It should combo at least half decently with deep fissure.

The healing should be contained within the green balance line. Since it's entirely dedicated to that but none of the options really come close to being really solid 1 gcd burst heals. I've seen so many people ask for blast's healing to scale off magicka but all that does is yet again deny us another damage skill that we've been begging for while giving us the 6th non ultimate magicka based heal. Again, we have an entire line dedicated to that. And I'm a firm believer that we don't need 2 tank heal morphs when we have 4 non ultimate damage skills when 3 of those skills deal magic damage. On the frost damage class.

I'm not asking for a heal that is as strong as resistant flesh at base. But i think it would be fair if we had a burst heal that was able to reach as high as that WITH major mending procced.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on 13 October 2021 19:58
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a set like this:
    unknown.png

Heh, that set reminds me of the old Sorcerer explosion passive ... disintegrating low health enemies was so much fun.
    It was always strange that its damage scaled with health, but the rework never seemed that interesting to me.

Oh how I miss that passive maybe zos will bring it back in 2022 when nobody is playing the game anymore, because devs seem occupied doing events and neglecting player feedback on the game and don't bother fixing the game.
  • Karunama
    Karunama
    ✭✭

I have to ask, exactly what are you using it for? The only other effects on it are minor and can be received from a number of other, frankly superior skills. To be blunt, even sprinting is a better disengage 'skill' than Evasive Mist, never mind actual movement themed abilities. And to be clear, I'm saying that Evasive Mist is a subpar choice for disengaging on the *Live* servers, pre-nerf. Never mind after the heart has been ripped out of it.

I myself am pretty salty about the whole thing because I've been using mistform to vamptank since the vampire skill line was first released, even through all of the changes and nerfs. This one though, this one would be enough to make me just drop the character in its entirety. What would even be the point of being a vampire? I wish they'd just delete the skill line already if they hate it so much so I could just delete my main and reroll.
    Edited by Karunama on 16 October 2021 23:51