The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dread Cellar quest npc missing at the end of dungeon PC/NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sad to hear this is still a problem.

I was planning on queuing up for the new ones plus Red Petal but it would be a huge disappointment to run all the way through them and not be able to turn in the quest. That’s really the only reason I run dungeons, not to farm gear or anything.

Before you suggest it, I can rarely get guildies to group up with me to run them together.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the other/older thread about it--> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588559/the-dread-cellar-dungeon-cant-complete-quaking-dead-quest ...which also has a work-a-round that i just had to use a couple nights ago (and it worked) .
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening to me too, PC EU.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin can we get this looked into please? Appears to be an ongoing issue.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    Here's the other/older thread about it--> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588559/the-dread-cellar-dungeon-cant-complete-quaking-dead-quest ...which also has a work-a-round that i just had to use a couple nights ago (and it worked) .

If you’re talking about logging out and back in, that is not an option for queueing in the group finder. You’re not going to get randoms to stick around while you do that. You’d need two people to do it.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on 12 April 2022 04:55
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you’re talking about logging out and back in, that is not an option for queueing in the group finder. You’re not going to get randoms to stick around while you do that. You’d need two people to do it.
    Well um, i got randoms to stick around lol , so yeah i guess it all depends on how--and who--you ask.

Regardless, the BUG should be fixed. (obviously)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well um, i got randoms to stick around lol , so yeah i guess it all depends on how--and who--you ask.

Good for you, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a problem for anyone else.

As soon as the last boss is dead, everyone instantly leaves group when I queue for a dungeon.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As soon as the last boss is dead, everyone instantly leaves group when I queue for a dungeon.

As others have said this is still happening.

I have been really lucky and in the two instances it occurred recently I was grouped with patient players that chose to stick around while I relogged but having to rely on the kindness of strangers to complete the quest is not ideal.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on 13 April 2022 08:36
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

As others have said this is still happening.

I have been really lucky and in the two instances it occurred recently I was grouped with patient players that chose to stick around while I relogged but having to rely on the kindness of strangers to complete the quest is not ideal.

Yes, the same thing happened to me one on of my runs, but the group were nice enough to wait for me to re-port to the instance, and luckily the NPC showed up after that.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    just did this dungeon with quest and STILL no NPC to complete the quest :/
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin can we get an answer on this bug please?
  • RawBrightSilver
    Yep, still a problem. Just happened to me and my group. Please fix!
  • RawBrightSilver
    We had just finished the final boss in Dread Cellar and were prompted to speak to the quest NPC, but she failed to appear. The quest arrow/indicator showed where she should be, but she did not turn up.
    Two of us tried going back to the start (through the portal) and coming all the way back through the dungeon to see if that would fix it, but it did not. One player even exited the game and rejoined while I stayed to hold the group, but that also had no effect.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xm2349rzbht4.jpg

We are still screaming in the desert... no answer from ZOS...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    STILL. NOT. FIXED!!!!!!!!!!
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Three times today. No NPC to finish quest.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue since August 2021.

Since August 2021.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on 4 November 2022 16:04
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this one happens frequently
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a random, most of the time, and I have stuck around for a player to relog to turn in. Luckily it worked and the player could turn it in. It's lame that this continues to go unfixed.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    Really crazy that this has been an issue for so long and still no comment from ZOS.

This quest/dungeon is bugged and needs to be fixed. Surely with all the patches they've been doing, this one could have been fixed.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nov 6, 2022 and still happening. Found a locked thread that said issue was solved but nope. Thanks to those who said to teleport to a group member. That worked.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588559/the-dread-cellar-dungeon-cant-complete-quaking-dead-quest
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    Still happens, today.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for bringing this up again, when this was the pledge a few days ago the quest giver was not there for me.

My group left immediately after the boss was killed so I will have to wait for the pledge to come around again to do it again. Need the skill point.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken as of today, about 1.5 years later then the bug thread was started....
  • mrLuckyCat
    Here are a tip that helped me with this bug:

Do not take the dungeon quest from the dungeon dlc menu.
    Do not pre-grab the quest from the quest giver.
    Do not accept a quest share.

Only take the quest from the quest giver when you start the dungeon.

That's how I did it with my alts.
    Maybe I got lucky though.

If you have the quest in your log, maybe loging out and back in would be a good idea. But i don't remember doing that.

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it will get fixed in Q3... two full years after it was first reported :sweat_smile:
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to someone in a group I was in today.

I could be mistaken but, my impression is that the bug occurs when a player is pulled into an encounter in progress during the portal phases of the last boss fight.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Maybe it will get fixed in Q3... two full years after it was first reported :sweat_smile:

Yes, fixed
    :)
    PC | EU
  • gembone_ESO
    gembone_ESO
    ✭✭
    This is still happening! Over the past 2 weeks it has happened to several of my toons.
    When running pug randoms, everyone leaves before you can leave and return to fix.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We are aware of an issue that causes Lucilla and Martus in the quest “Quaking Dread” to not appear after the final boss has been defeated.

While we work to resolve this issue, here are a few basic quest troubleshooting steps:

There now follows the usual spiel about reload ui etc.
  • Deanathrae
    Deanathrae
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed.