The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How good is Kinras' Wrath?

Sleeping_OwI
Sleeping_OwI
✭✭✭
I run Leviathan + Deadly Strike on my PvE stamina DK. Is Kinras worth farming? Is it much stronger than Deadly? And which of these sets should I pair with Kinras?
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinras is flat bonus to all damage where deadly in its current state in conditional damage to bleed, poison and physical dots. To get the most out of deadly you have to build for it. Next patch deadly damage is nerfed but it will buff all dots so don’t throw it away just yet.

Also FYI Relequen is still the #1 body set for stam and for good reason. Most people run either deadly, Kinras or AY with it. I find AY hits the hardest, with Kinras a close second, Kinras is easier to use though. Deadly requires great dot uptimes to be effective.

Next patch is going to be wild though. I find flat damage to be an interesting option and with the armor changes I’m looking at Bahsei body on my Stamden with a vMA inferno back bar. That with winters revenge and consuming trap it’s an easy mag dump. With deadly losing its conditions to proc I think it’s easy enough to keep ~12% bonus to Bahsei plus 18% deadly bonus for a 30% bonus to dots. Throw on kilt and medium slimecraw and you are running enough crit plus crit dmg to really push some big numbers.
  • Sleeping_OwI
    Sleeping_OwI
    ✭✭✭
    Kinras is flat bonus to all damage where deadly in its current state in conditional damage to bleed, poison and physical dots. To get the most out of deadly you have to build for it. Next patch deadly damage is nerfed but it will buff all dots so don’t throw it away just yet.

Also FYI Relequen is still the #1 body set for stam and for good reason. Most people run either deadly, Kinras or AY with it. I find AY hits the hardest, with Kinras a close second, Kinras is easier to use though. Deadly requires great dot uptimes to be effective.

Next patch is going to be wild though. I find flat damage to be an interesting option and with the armor changes I’m looking at Bahsei body on my Stamden with a vMA inferno back bar. That with winters revenge and consuming trap it’s an easy mag dump. With deadly losing its conditions to proc I think it’s easy enough to keep ~12% bonus to Bahsei plus 18% deadly bonus for a 30% bonus to dots. Throw on kilt and medium slimecraw and you are running enough crit plus crit dmg to really push some big numbers.

I personally don't like Relequen cuz it's only good for bosses, and I want trusty sets that work everywhere. So between Leviathan, AY & Deadly, which of them should I pair up with Kinras?
  • shezof
    shezof
    ✭✭✭
    Kinras relequen is the stam dps meta,sure you lose some aoe for it but AoE dmg isn’t the strong suit of stamina anyway.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Now this is the kind of out-the-box build that I really enjoy seeing!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I personally don't like Relequen cuz it's only good for bosses, and I want trusty sets that work everywhere. So between Leviathan, AY & Deadly, which of them should I pair up with Kinras?

I'd probably go with Leviathan if you want a constant bump to all damage, even though that would be the lowest performing combination. Deadly would hit harder, but only your DOTs and channeled skills, so that has a lot to do with your build. AY would outperform both, but only if you can build and maintain stacks, like Relequen and Kinras.

I have never had a problem with Relequen on non-bosses. Maybe I'm not understanding, but why do you want a combination of sets that work better on trash mobs and are weaker on bosses in PVE?
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd probably go with Leviathan if you want a constant bump to all damage, even though that would be the lowest performing combination. Deadly would hit harder, but only your DOTs and channeled skills, so that has a lot to do with your build. AY would outperform both, but only if you can build and maintain stacks, like Relequen and Kinras.

I have never had a problem with Relequen on non-bosses. Maybe I'm not understanding, but why do you want a combination of sets that work better on trash mobs and are weaker on bosses in PVE?

Could be for a solo build, but for that I would still run Rele + either deadly, Kinras or AY and use caltrops + endless hail with a 2H front bar and spam brawler.
    Edited by Everest_Lionheart on 3 August 2021 23:42
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    if you not able to active sorc's atronach synergy,kinras was in the same line with AY,but that's means another members can get that,so also very well
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    For your damage Deadly is (in two weeks) going to be 18% bonus to any dots or channeled skills, which DKs have quite a few. Kinras's is 15% damage bonus once stacks are up (which does not take long at all) to all your damage and 5% to any group member standing nearby. Have not tested on DK I stopped playing mine because of poopfist but I would imagine with the rework of Deadly Kinras's would probably be your stronger set to pair with Leviathan.
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    I'd probably body Kinrah over Leviathan and use relequin only in fights that are mostly single target based. Leviathan is not going to be that far behind though.

I don't really play stam but basei mania is slightly stronger than mother's sorrow and bahsei's doesn't even give you the full 15% until you're almost completely out of mag.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For your damage Deadly is (in two weeks) going to be 18% bonus to any dots or channeled skills, which DKs have quite a few. Kinras's is 15% damage bonus once stacks are up (which does not take long at all) to all your damage and 5% to any group member standing nearby. Have not tested on DK I stopped playing mine because of poopfist but I would imagine with the rework of Deadly Kinras's would probably be your stronger set to pair with Leviathan.

If you wear it you only get Major Beserk.
    Minor Berserk is only for group members.
    PS5|EU
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

If you wear it you only get Major Beserk.
    Minor Berserk is only for group members.

Not sure when they fixed that But Sun7dance is correct it now does just what it says and you only get the major for 10%. It had been applying both. Kinras's still outparses Leviathan but as hackdrag0n said not by much. Also will say if when you are fully buffed you want to be 65% or higher crit chance so if not Leviathan would be the way to go.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes my eyes bleed.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr