The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Plentiful Harvest

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm curious if this is my extraordinarily bad RNG, or if it is a shared perception. With 50 points into Plentiful Harvest we are supposed to get in return a 50% chance on doubling the increase on material nodes. I do anywhere from 7 - 12 surveys everyday and I am consistent seeing nowhere near that return. Too often I see literally no doubling off any of the 6 nodes in a survey. Typically I get 1 or 2...or if I'm really lucky, I'll see 3.

While I don't write any statistics down, I do take careful note of the rate of return whenever harvesting a survey node, so this is just my perception after doing what probably amounts to several hundred surveys since CP 2.0 was released. I would say the average I'm seeing is more around 17 - 33% (1 - 2 nodes doubled per survey).

Now I know the 50% increase applies individually to each node and cannot be guaranteed to be spread across all nodes. But a simple law of averages would dictate that if you're seeing LESS than 50% return across all nodes in a survey, that you would just as often see MORE than 50% of the nodes showing an increase. But I could probably count on one hand the times that has happened since this feature was released, and as noted, I do a LOT of surveys.

So something just feels off about this. Do others have this same perception? Or is this really just me and my bad luck?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s bugged:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564705/plentiful-harvest-cp-star-underperforming

I’m not aware whether Kevin ever followed up when they went to go check on the bug reports several weeks ago.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems pretty variable to me. I have one account main who regularly gets two to four doubled nodes (especially on wood and jewelry nodes), and the second account main who almost never gets even one. Both are at 50/50 in Plentiful Harvest.

So it's a really good bet that it's buggier than an anthill!
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm not sure plentiful harvest actually applies to survey nodes.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh? I thought it did - not sure why I'd get doubled nodes if not?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From personal experience, I know that Ancestor Silk I get a LOT less than ore or wood. I can complete an hour run, and Ancestor Silk is less than half the amount of the other two with similar number of nodes harvested.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    From personal experience, I know that Ancestor Silk I get a LOT less than ore or wood. I can complete an hour run, and Ancestor Silk is less than half the amount of the other two with similar number of nodes harvested.

Yes, that's my experience as well.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not sure plentiful harvest actually applies to survey nodes.

It does

And as linked above, PH is most certainly bugged and *not* giving you 50% ...
    dry.gif

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I heard, this was still bugged with no confirmation that anyone from the appropriate team has any idea. It would be nice if someone on the inside could take a look at that code and see if there is a 0.4 where there should be a 0.5.

I know it's more complicated than that, but it would be nice to let players know they are aware of an issue when some have put in hours of testing and thousands of data points to check a variable that could be checked from the other side much faster than that.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure did most of the surveys I had been hoarding for the past few months the other week and wrote down how many mats I got:

Jewelry Surveys: 342, plat dust 55100 average of 161 per survey.

Clothing Surveys: 480, A silk 50600 R leather 36600 total 87200, average 181 per survey.

Blacksmith Surveys: 609, R ore 97000, average 159 per survey.

Woodworker Surveys: 637, R ash 101900, average 159 per survey.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plentiful Harvest definitely applies to survey nodes. Dunno if just lucky but to me seems to be close to 50% of gear resource nodes. Not so sure about Achemy or Enchanting nodes and dunno if it applies at all to Provisioning drops from environment.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Plentiful Harvest definitely applies to survey nodes. Dunno if just lucky but to me seems to be close to 50% of gear resource nodes. Not so sure about Achemy or Enchanting nodes and dunno if it applies at all to Provisioning drops from environment.

I tracked over 200 jewelry crafting surveys and was in the low 40% range for doubling. I wish I could find my paper with the exact numbers. I suppose I should do this online and not let the cats abscond with them.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No statistics were tracked, just how it feels:
    For surveys I definitely get way less than 50% of doubles, I always pay attention to this.
    For normal nodes, it does feel fair.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did about 50 surveys a week or two ago, and on average 4 out of 6 of the nodes doubled my harvest. Some survey nodes gave me 0/6 double, and some gave me 6/6 double. Most were 3/6-4/6 though.

This sort of works like flipping a coin. The odds are 50%, but sometimes you see 10 of the same side in a row, and sometimes you see 10 of the other side in a row.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At the very very very best rng chances we can get 50% but at the end of the day we usually we will get less: several players have already been collecting data and you can know more in the "Crafting" tab.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very very very best rng chances we can get 50% but at the end of the day we usually we will get less: several players have already been collecting data and you can know more in the "Crafting" tab.

I have never gotten 50% when tracking data in amounts larger than 10 or 20 nodes at a time. Anything larger - for a small batch, I usually gather about 200ish nodes - and it quickly becomes apparent that the numbers are off. 60% single, 40% double is my usual.

If you are getting 50% doubled in a sample of reasonable size, it'd be nice to see that data.

ZOS_Kevin has already seen my data, on these threads.

1. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564705/plentiful-harvest-cp-star-underperforming#latest

2. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/566457/plentiful-harvest-passive-does-not-equal-50-tested#latest
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Did about 50 surveys a week or two ago, and on average 4 out of 6 of the nodes doubled my harvest. Some survey nodes gave me 0/6 double, and some gave me 6/6 double. Most were 3/6-4/6 though.

This sort of works like flipping a coin. The odds are 50%, but sometimes you see 10 of the same side in a row, and sometimes you see 10 of the other side in a row.

Obviously, something is bugged. I've never seen anything close to results like this. I can't ever remember seeing 6/6 from a survey. I have, however, seen plenty of 0/6. Mostly I get 1 or 2 out of 6, with a very occasionally 3 or 4.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »

Obviously, something is bugged. I've never seen anything close to results like this. I can't ever remember seeing 6/6 from a survey. I have, however, seen plenty of 0/6. Mostly I get 1 or 2 out of 6, with a very occasionally 3 or 4.

I have never gotten 6/6 from one single survey, but I have seen streaks of 6 doubles in a row across surveys when doing multiple surveys in the same spot. Unfortunately the overall rate still comes out as less than the stated chance over large quantities of pulls.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My average is just over 33%