The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

67 Blue/Gray Screen Crashes on PS5

• Petah_Raven
    Petah_Raven
    Soul Shriven
    Gadget4 wrote: »
    Comaburr wrote: »

The same happened to me a few weeks back, Reapers March as well ... log onto another character, send a report in, use ‘character issue’, include the character’s name & briefly explain the issue ... someone will move your character (maybe to your alliance capital). ;)

UPDATE:
    I can login in to my 'new' character and play, with intermittent crashes (all reported) and then I can login again and continue playing. But it's very frustrating to be back at the start, having to get certified again, and so on.

Main character is still completely unplayable.
    🙄😫
  • ConjuringFire
    ConjuringFire
    ✭✭
    Gadget4 wrote: »
    Comaburr wrote: »
    Originally it crashed as I was playing, I was just happily strolling along the road in Reaper's March. Ever since then, I can't even get past the load screen after character selection.

Same here. My main character is doing Cadwells Almanac and I'm going thru the Reapers March area. I left the main city, turned right to go towards the next mission, walked for a while and crashed. Now every time I try to log on to that character, the game crashes.

The same happened to me a few weeks back, Reapers March as well ... log onto another character, send a report in, use ‘character issue’, include the character’s name & briefly explain the issue ... someone will move your character (maybe to your alliance capital). ;)

This is identical for me too. Was in reapers march just found that fishing camp point of interest and the game froze since then I can’t login without it crashing. Have tried to log tickets but zenimax seem to not care if your subscription is ticking over
  • True_Blitz
    I tried complaining to ESO directly and logging tickets…first one got told to reinstall the game, clear the cache etc you all know their spiel…then next ticket got deleted without a word as a duplicate even though I explained that was not a great solution…finally I had had enough, the last one same spiel again…it is not acceptable. Really aggrevates anxiety!
    Wayshrine somewhere - crash
    Logout - crash…the irony
    Go into battlegrounds - crash…the occasionally get a deserter penalty…
    Leave somewhere or enter - crash
    Randomly because I looked at the game wrong???!? - CRASH
    Bethesda and ESO will have to pull a big thing out of their hats for the amount of stress it is causing everyone
    A lot of us spend a LOT of time and effort on this me first on xbox then again on PS
    I said about compensation and they declined XD
  • ConjuringFire
    ConjuringFire
    ✭✭
    True_Blitz wrote: »
    I tried complaining to ESO directly and logging tickets…first one got told to reinstall the game, clear the cache etc you all know their spiel…then next ticket got deleted without a word as a duplicate even though I explained that was not a great solution…finally I had had enough, the last one same spiel again…it is not acceptable. Really aggrevates anxiety!
    Logout - crash…the irony
    Bethesda and ESO will have to pull a big thing out of their hats for the amount of stress it is causing everyone
    A lot of us spend a LOT of time and effort on this me first on xbox then again on PS

They should at least compensate you on the time lost if you have an ESO+ subscription. I've been locked out a week now and will chasing it up with my local ombudsman if I lose that time. It's unacceptable to offer a subscription then lock someone out and not be expected, at the very least, to give them that time back!
  • desndb
    desndb
    ✭✭✭
    I Grey Screen about every 10 mins or so on Performance mode. Granted it depends on what I'm doing, but if I happen to be running the main story quests (any zone), I'll crash every 2nd door.

My additional complaint is probably limited to just a few others...

PSN has been giving me a hard time, constantly failing to log me in. Why is this relevant? Because, once I'm in ESO, I can play ... Once I get that grey screen though, it can be hours for me to be logged back in to PSN.

I switched back to the PS4 for now, it's laggy and slow and a loading nightmare, but it stays connected to both better.
  • True_Blitz
    True_Blitz wrote: »
    Logout - crash…the irony

They should at least compensate you on the time lost if you have an ESO+ subscription. I've been locked out a week now and will chasing it up with my local ombudsman if I lose that time. It's unacceptable to offer a subscription then lock someone out and not be expected, at the very least, to give them that time back!

I don’t have + but still…they keep doing this 4 in the last 20 minutes, 2 times on battlegrounds in less than 5…and got a desserter penalty for second time!!!
    Im losing out here and it is making mental health for me and others worse not better!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Counted crashed 57 times. On my second delete, redownload and rebuild database right now.

Stay safe everyone and ZOS please fix the green tree micromanaging :)
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Its not ESO, its ps5. Go to reddit or youtube and type in "ps5 crashing", you will see hundreds of videos about it. Literally.

My old raggedy 2014 ps4 is still healthy as a horse.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePianist wrote: »
    Its not ESO, its ps5. Go to reddit or youtube and type in "ps5 crashing", you will see hundreds of videos about it. Literally.

My old raggedy 2014 ps4 is still healthy as a horse.

UPDATE: 82 CRASHES.

2 crashes of Elder Scrolls: Tamriel Unlimited aka PS4 Version. 80 crashes of the Elder Scrolls Online PS5 Version. All since June 15th.

OTHER CRASHES:
    1 Star Wars: Fallen Jedi PS5 Version (Game started and beaten within the month)
    1 Final Fantasy VII PS5 Version

It’s definitely ESO, not the system. If it were the system ALL PS5 games would be unstable and crashing constantly. Instead it’s a single game with a crash rate literally 75 to 100 times greater than other upgraded titles.
    Edited by trackdemon5512 on 20 July 2021 05:28
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    any updates on this issue? Did the recent patch make the PS5 version playable?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So yeah, ignoring that nonsense above...
    Is the fast-travel / loading screen crash issue fixed yet? I haven't played since PS5 launch.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: As of July 28th I’m now at 108 system crashes total from ESO on PS5

TOTAL FROM ALL OTHER GAMES NOT BEING ESO: 3
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not PS5, I'm getting crashes on PS4 Pro too. The patch yesterday seems to have made lag in PVE worse and blue screen crashes more frequent.
  • Petah_Raven
    Petah_Raven
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE Post-Patch

I was very excited when a fellow guild member who'd been experiencing the same issue told me it seemed it had been fixed.

Getting home from work, I didn't have time to play, but really wanted to see if the patch had fixed the issue.

Sure enough, I logged into my lvl45 character I hadn't been able to play since getting the PS5.... AND IT WORKED!!

HUZZAH!!!

Given it had been months, I claimed my daily rewards, went through my inventory again and skills to get re-acquainted, and then logged out since I had to go out, very excited that I'd be able to play him again.

As it logged out - CRASH. Weird. Oh well.

Come home, go to log in. Crash. Same problem. Over and over again, several times tonight. Still stuck in the same place in Reaper's March, still crashes as I go to log in.

I could play my other character, no crashes although I was really just doing some craft stuff, so no major transitions or anything like that.

I guess I can let go of that character and not worry about it, just re-do him and start from scratch (again!!!).... but it still makes me uneasy about getting an ESO+ subscription if this problem is going to persist.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ESO DEVS FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in performance mode where its more stable i’m still getting rather frequent crashes, in comparison cold war’s crashed on me only a few times

Haven’t gone back to fidelity mode but that was crash city in comparison
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on 29 July 2021 12:46
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPDATE Post-Patch

I was very excited when a fellow guild member who'd been experiencing the same issue told me it seemed it had been fixed.

Getting home from work, I didn't have time to play, but really wanted to see if the patch had fixed the issue.

Sure enough, I logged into my lvl45 character I hadn't been able to play since getting the PS5.... AND IT WORKED!!

HUZZAH!!!

Given it had been months, I claimed my daily rewards, went through my inventory again and skills to get re-acquainted, and then logged out since I had to go out, very excited that I'd be able to play him again.

As it logged out - CRASH. Weird. Oh well.

Come home, go to log in. Crash. Same problem. Over and over again, several times tonight. Still stuck in the same place in Reaper's March, still crashes as I go to log in.

I could play my other character, no crashes although I was really just doing some craft stuff, so no major transitions or anything like that.

I guess I can let go of that character and not worry about it, just re-do him and start from scratch (again!!!).... but it still makes me uneasy about getting an ESO+ subscription if this problem is going to persist.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ESO DEVS FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!

Maybe put in a ticket and see if they can put your character somewhere else than Reapers March to see if that sorts it
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we wanted to share a quick update on this. First, thank you all for providing your feedback and experiences with the screen crashing issue. The dev team has these comments and have been referencing the thread while working on a solution. As we continue to work on a solution, feel free to add any additional crash examples, as they may help when working out a fix. We will update when we have a solution ready. Thank you.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we wanted to share a quick update on this. First, thank you all for providing your feedback and experiences with the screen crashing issue. The dev team has these comments and have been referencing the thread while working on a solution. As we continue to work on a solution, feel free to add any additional crash examples, as they may help when working out a fix. We will update when we have a solution ready. Thank you.

Its really bad going in and outta the harborage and when leaving the cp menu
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game just crashed on PS5 while sitting at the login screen AFK. So you don’t even have to be doing anything to get ESO to crash on PS5 right now.

But the crash I’ve gotten most often is when leaving group and then leaving instance at the end of a group dungeon.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sincere question do you not see the crash reports sent in with video clip attached? Or do we need also come to the forums and detail our experience as well as the crash reports?

Just seems like double the work for the player for the same benefit. If it would help I can but I still crash everyday it seems sometimes a couple of times a day depending on how long I play.

After my 2nd delete and re download and database rebuilt it has decreased but not gone away.

• trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Sincere question do you not see the crash reports sent in with video clip attached? Or do we need also come to the forums and detail our experience as well as the crash reports?

Just seems like double the work for the player for the same benefit. If it would help I can but I still crash everyday it seems sometimes a couple of times a day depending on how long I play.

After my 2nd delete and re download and database rebuilt it has decreased but not gone away.

I would believe that those reports go directly to Sony, not ZOS. They seem more for the purpose of Sony logging what’s going on and then Sony can forward those to the respective developers.

That said I expect Sony to be intensely looking at all crash reports now that the new PS5 beta is up and running. That beta is key to examining how well player installed SSDs fare with games.
  • Petah_Raven
    Petah_Raven
    Soul Shriven

Hey @ZOS_Kevin
    So this afternoon I was able to log back into my character, and did some questing and did the zone stuff in Arenthia... huzzah!!

Then I went wandering along the river there westwards finding items for the ‘Over The Edge’ quest, and it crashed. This was roughly the same area I was stuck in, near the fishing dock site of interest west of Arenthia (Reapers March). I’ve been able to log back in, but obviously a glitchy area, methinks?

Hope that helps.
    😊🙏🏽☯️
  • desndb
    desndb
    ✭✭✭
    I started a new toon to run thru the game (I want my trophy's back). If I am running around doing dailies or just randomly killing stuff, I don't grey screen very often: maybe once per hour. On the other hand, if I am attempting to actually quest (you know, for trophies and skill points), it's a guaranteed grey screen when entering or exiting every 2nd door (super fun in the harborage).

It's gotten to the point where I can tell those I'm in chat with "hang on, this one will crash me, I'll be back in a minute". (And it will, without fail.)

Entering and exiting houses is a bit of a crap shoot. I had 1 character stuck in a house for 2 days before it finally let me out without a grey screen.

And for anyone who claims this is a PS5 issue... Uh no. I regularly play 5 other games and have grey screened on them less than 5 times combined.

(It would be nice if all those crash reports were sent to the right people so a fix could be narrowed down)
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a friend who plays on PS5 and it's disturbing how many crashes she seems to get a night. She says that restarting the console temporarily alleviates symptoms. She also says this started when she upgraded to console enhanced and she has regrets.

I'm on a PS4 Pro. I do get blue screens now and then, but more commonly my game just freezes. I've gotten sadly accustomed to microfreezes that happen about every 5 minutes. At least 1-3 times an evening it freezes hard and I have to force quit. I also get incidents of rubber banding, inability to weapon swap or interact.

We both get the "failed to load profile" error lately.

We're both working with relatively fresh reinstallations.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed exiting Hammerdeath Bungalow house. For what it is worth I also start a new session each time I play ESO or I should say I always close the app at the end of the day and not just pause it. Seems to save me an early crash in my play time. Every time I don't do this, I always crash in the first 5-10 minutes of playing.

Only on long enough this weekend due to real life work to collect tickets and do one or two other dailies. Crashed yesterday once when I came upon a dragon and hitting him 2-3 times. By the time I logged back end the dragon was dead, but I still got to loot the body, but it did not count toward the kills needed for the daily kill 3 dragons.

Still waiting on an answer as do you get the crash reports, we send in thru the console we do when the game crashes or do they only go to Sony.

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would think there's some transactional tables logging network activity. Obviously the characters state is stored in some fashion, along with transactions that aren't completing. Can't the network engineers spot trends in disconnects on zone changes? That should give a fairly accurate picture of how frequent these disconnects are.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE 3: I spent this week playing the PS4 version on the PS5. No hard crashes to the launcher but several instances of loading hang ups when switching instances or fast traveling.

These hang up instances however, which on a PS4/PS4 Pro would necessitate a closing and restart of the game, can often be fixed by holding down the PS Home button on the controller and forcing the full dashboard to come up. Instantly returning to the game from there fixes the issue.

This also works in cases where on a PS4/Pro would stop responding and your character cannot bar swap/fire attacks leading to an almost certain server disconnect. Holding the PS Home button down seems to fix disconnection issues immediately most of the time.

My other games when played still rarely or never crash leaving the PS5 enhanced version of ESO with a system crash rate of over 100 times greater than other titles.
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me, over 70 crashes in this month.

Spending CP, screen freezes then crash
    Traveling into my house and exiting then crash.
    Main Quest crashing every time after entering the cave with the prophet.

City of Ash 2 is unplayable, crashing all day in there.

Pathetic

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed coming out of Reliquary vault today after doing quest for the easy skill point and Dragonguard daily.

Also still wondering if you get the error reports we send thru the console when it crashes?

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed again exiting Hammerdeath Bungalow house. Just quit for the day as I had already picked up my final tickets for the day.

This discussion has been closed.