The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would your character romance the companions?

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not with the annoying comments Mirri makes. Anyone want to make up some comments for ZoS to implement after Mirri sex?

They're already in the game:

"I like to think I'm agreeable."

"Don't suppose you'll work this knot out of my shoulder while you're at it?"

"Yeah! Keep knocking them around!"

"Ow, that fetching smarts!"

"All right, but next time you're helping me with something."

"You can make it! Keep moving!"

"Problem, sera?"

"If you want to take a break, I won't complain."

"I'm still here. Thanks for asking."
    PC NA
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Not with the annoying comments Mirri makes. Anyone want to make up some comments for ZoS to implement after Mirri sex?

They're already in the game:

"I like to think I'm agreeable."

"Don't suppose you'll work this knot out of my shoulder while you're at it?"

"Yeah! Keep knocking them around!"

"Ow, that fetching smarts!"

"All right, but next time you're helping me with something."

"You can make it! Keep moving!"

"Problem, sera?"

"If you want to take a break, I won't complain."

"I'm still here. Thanks for asking."

You forgot my favorite two:

"You're like a legend of Vehk!"

"That's a slaughter Dagon would envy!"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fennwitty
    Thanks, now I won't be able to take Mirri seriously at all! That was just too funny.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    I do like how most people answer this like you asked if they personally have emotions for one of them. "How awkward, I like real life gurls!!!"
    Ew. Who said anything about gurls?

Hey, some of us like gurls, ok? :D
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What my characters do on their own time when they are not teaming with me killing skeevers is their own business.

For me personally I vote no because long distance relationships almost always end in disaster and besides why would I want to be inadequate in yet another world.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fallout 76 let's you romance the first two NPC allies you can obtain. There is an advantage to romancing for a better legendary weapon at the end but it feels really weird.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might romance Mirri with my Nord character (the rest of my characters are Argonians...sooo probably not until they add a Female Argonian Companion)
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have u seen what bastian looks like? i really want that...
    at a place nobody knows
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    Make these to romanceable Companions then we can talk.:
    - Khamira
    - Fennorian
    - Xukas
    - Valsirenn
    - Alwinarwe
    - Razum-dar
    - Varuni Arvel
    - Naryu Virian
    - Quen
    - Eveli
    - Drake-of-Blades

Don't forget about Gwendis!!!
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because it's weird.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would I ? Absolutely not

Would my character(s)? Probably. Hookups happen on adventures and road trips.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Bastian thus far is quite waifuable. Still holding out for a tall gruff nord akin to Vilkas or Farkas in Skyrim who doesn't mind leaning on the grey side of things. Bastian's really pure, like super pure. But not a bad choice at all. So many times with the male companions devs create toxic characters, so it's refreshing atleast to have a non-edgelord/non-overly forward and flirtatious good one for once.

As for Mirri I see her as being a friend on all my characters, mainly because just don't find her model that great, they could have did more with her model to make her standout from every other dark elf in the game. If only the actual dark elves in-game looked like Naryu in the cinematic trailer also, but alas they do not. Now if Mirri was an altmer qt, maybe, just maybe.
    Edited by vallisas on 22 June 2021 19:53
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, too creepy/cringe-inducing.

I get the hots for real people, not a bunch of pixels with a few pre-recorded lines.

Companions are fine as background noise, I enjoy Mirri's comments on things, but that is it.
    PC-EU
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    Make these to romanceable Companions then we can talk.:
    - Khamira
    - Fennorian
    - Xukas
    - Valsirenn
    - Alwinarwe
    - Razum-dar
    - Varuni Arvel
    - Naryu Virian
    - Quen
    - Eveli
    - Drake-of-Blades

Oh god no, not the cats!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some posters are reading too much into what romancing would entail. To me it would be like the Sims where you can get married and have children and a family. Not actually roleplaying romantic interludes with them. The most I can see happening is them flirting a little.
    Edited by SilverBride on 22 June 2021 19:58
    PCNA
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Nah. Neither one is my type, and honestly I don't know if they are really close friend material either (not one of them has offered me TMI on anything yet, what's what *that*??) but they are nice to adventure with.

To be honest, that is actually a real beef for me with them. If I have to jump through that many hoops to befriend someone, I just usually don't. "You have to travel to the vatican 5500 times with me, and then will be besties" or "if you kill 5500 endangered anacondas, I can come over to your home" or "if you go to Afghanistan with me 44 times and risk your life with me, I'll help you with my bestest skills" just doesn't motivate me one single bit to try be friends with someone, honestly. ;-)
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Would you romance the companions?
    Me? What kind of weird question is that? How would that even work?
    confused24.gif

Now, if you are talking about one of my 10 characters, i'd have to vote "maybe" ...
    shades.gif

Lol. That was one of the possibilities raised by the developer, that your character may have romance options with the companions.

English is this one’s second language so it maybe should have been phrased as “would your character be interested in the companions?”

Western readers are very literal :*
    Edited by SammyKhajit on 22 June 2021 20:10
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waiting for Mirabelle. she is the one and only ;)

grafik.png
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ Poor Mirab
    Inaya wrote: »
    Not the ones we have now, Bastian is too straight laced and Miri seems a bit needy and child like. With either of these it wouldn't work for me lol.

BUT...Not sure, depending on how it's done I guess, but feels a bit creepy. Right now they just seem like little kids following me around that I have to not only clothe but listen to them complaining when I do something they don't like.

I'd like to see the companions adapt to US in some ways... "Oh, I never tried fishing, looks like fun", have them suggest activities - "Let's go farming"... or something. Maybe some quests outside of getting them as house guests. Put together a picnic, have them give us gifts based on what they've done with us... a gold mat now and then when we've farmed a lot, a furnishing or plan when we've decorated a lot.. anyway you get the idea.

They would have to be more relatable for me to consider it.

PS: If you do all this AND give me Verandis then it's a YES :D

In Skyrim, sometimes NPCs (for whom you saved/helped in a quest) would walk up and give you gifts. That was a nice random encounter. It’d be nice and make the companions more interactive if they give you something, or a random short quest.

Another thing, at the moment they feel strangely compliant - you summon, they appear. This won’t be a popular option but this one would like to go and find the companions (e.g. Bastian at the mages guild or Mirri at the taverns) and ask if they want to come along adventuring. Or once they become house guests, you can go to your home and ask them to join you.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Romance them? I haven't even let her out of her box since I got her. Wish I could delete her so I am not reminded of my foolish waste of time getting her.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Eveli was a companion, sure.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a companion like Captain Rian Liore. I could definitely get romantic with this. ;)

pgawnvpjdni9.jpg
    Edited by SilverBride on 22 June 2021 21:37
    PCNA
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    waiting for Mirabelle. she is the one and only ;)

grafik.png

Somebody else wanna tell him or should I? lol
  • ihazzit
    ihazzit
    ✭✭✭
    No. It's so unpleasant to hear Bastian speak that every time he opens his mouth it makes me wish I had the ability to use the blade of woe on him. He's weak-willed and weird looking anyway, plus I think he's a closet Ramsay Bolton.

Mirri at least has a backbone and is actually tolerable. The only thing she needs to do is to take a drink every time she starts to say something and then keep drinking until the thought has passed.
    If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropstitch wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I do like how most people answer this like you asked if they personally have emotions for one of them. "How awkward, I like real life gurls!!!"
    Ew. Who said anything about gurls?

lol, sorry, "How awkward, I like real life gurls/bois/NBs!!!"

A few issues there: -

1) the question was worded "would you be interested in a romantic relationship with either of them?"
    2) I only actually saw one person respond as you suggested with any degree of seriousness.
    3) the main character is an audience surrogate.

I interpreted it as "would your characters be interested in a romantic relationship" simply on the basis that it would make no sense at all to ask if the real person playing the game would want a relationship with a fictional character inside it.

Also while I agree that the player character can be an audience surrogate (which is probably why they never speak) they don't have to be. Otherwise we'd probably be limited to playing humans to make sure we all make a character who looks like us. None of my characters are me, either as I am or as I'd like to be. Otherwise they would never kill anyone and would spend their time doing something quite different, probably running a shop or a stable somewhere.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Imperial sorceror might like Bastian though she hasn't met him yet and I know very little about him yet. Not met Mirri yet.
    My main character likes Bastian but so far as a friend only.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a companion like Captain Rian Liore. I could definitely get romantic with this. ;)

pgawnvpjdni9.jpg

Were you born in the late 70-ies, early 80-ies perhaps? ;-)
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    ihazzit wrote: »
    No. It's so unpleasant to hear Bastian speak that every time he opens his mouth it makes me wish I had the ability to use the blade of woe on him. He's weak-willed and weird looking anyway, plus I think he's a closet Ramsay Bolton.

Mirri at least has a backbone and is actually tolerable. The only thing she needs to do is to take a drink every time she starts to say something and then keep drinking until the thought has passed.

A person who enjoys fighting is not "weak willed", unless of course you're under the impression being a good person makes someone weak and that being an ultimate edgelord makes someone a "chad". There's a difference between being a good person and being a pushover, the latter he is not. A pushover does not engage in adventuring dangerous dungeons and fighting dragons and bandits lol, and personally I don't understand the complaint for his voice tbh he's a better voice actor than 99% of the people voicing the nords and dunmer in the game which comes off as over the top and comical at times, a parody, especially the nords lol.

pgawnvpjdni9.jpg

I know it won't happen, but Jakarn pls lol
    Edited by vallisas on 22 June 2021 22:16
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a romance option, but I would want it to be remain an option and not an inevitable end at the rapport levels. It would be VERY awkward if we had several companions that were all in love with our characters just because we reached max rapport, lol

There are a number of my toons who I would want to remain simply friends with Mirri and Bastion and nothing more.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you born in the late 70-ies, early 80-ies perhaps? ;-)

No, and I am afraid I am missing the connection.
    PCNA