The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Stamina Class do you like the most?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe say why? This isn't a who is the BEST post, it's just a fun post.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/578834/which-magicka-class-do-you-like-the-most/p1?new=1 Magicka poll
Edited by francesinhalover on 24 June 2021 11:19
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!

Which Stamina Class do you like the most? 178 votes

Nightblade
30%
Kikazaruamm7sb14_ESOIruil_ESOWirbPurpleDrankMalthornewhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOxeNNNNNphermitgbpavlaprovazBald_templarVevvevAstironNagualVHallothielThe_LexRaddlemanNumber7emilyhyoyeonblkjagArgonianAustin 54 votes
Sorcerer
16%
vailjohn_ESORiptideStxwenchmore420b14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOactoshcyclonus11paulsimonpsTBoismeekmikoaaisoahooterWitzJierdanitJaraalSjuCravencatFiktiusYandereGirlfriendandonemaniacHlanu 29 votes
Warden
14%
mark.alexander5neb18_ESODestaiDalsinthusCasulRupzSkoomaAzOutbackNarvuntienFrancisCrawfordMik195SylvermynxrobprzvavicynicalbutterflyLuke_FlameswordEverest_LionheartamertuimStarlight_WhisperSillanahAzuraFanDarian_Rath 26 votes
Necromancer
10%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOmanny254DaiKahnShagrethWingSpiderg1rlEdaphonEramTheLiarToanisEl_BorrachoLaughingGremlinJB_denAltruzTogalJimmyTortelliniMaegMaegLady_GaladhielCrood_OylNoxiousBlight 19 votes
Templar
14%
Faulgorphaneub17_ESOAlucardoCadburyfizl101BRCOURTNIcy_WafflesSilverIce58TairenSoulcoop500virtus753TelvanniWizardTúrin_VidsmidrGregaSidraWillowskySallymenCirantilleSylaehaelgaanStamPlar_1976 25 votes
Dragonknight
14%
sarahvhoffb14_ESOZigoSidSleep724FischblutSoulKing32OutLaw_Nynxfred4PurpleScrolloXI_Viper_IXovesselwiththepestleSirPawsredlink1979redbeard_howardakillerninja6Wyrd88KatzeUndSuppebmnobleUrusoviteUnkindnessOfRavensMerguezMan 25 votes
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    NB because it was the first character I created and I couldn't bring myself to liking any other stam classes.
    Edited by nukk3r on 22 June 2021 11:06
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    There is only one stamina class😈🦾🦾🦾
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    Warden, just gives me the classic Ranger. Nightblade is a close second. I started tinkering with Stamplar and it's crazy fun, so my opinions might shift soon!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Mine is actually a hybrid with both Magicka and Stamina abilities, Dunmer. I can hit close to 7000 Weapon/Spell Damage with Diamond's Victory and Pelinal's Aptitude, other stats are crap though lol.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorc, with the "right" build. Though mine is closer to a hybrid, it's a special top-secret one that I am sure players love encountering.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    There is only one stamina class😈🦾🦾🦾

Yeah, nightblades :wink:
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Sorc, with the "right" build. Though mine is closer to a hybrid, it's a special top-secret one that I am sure players love encountering.

You spawn a bunch of pets in their face?
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I normally only play healer in pve so I voted acording to my stamcro for pvp.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    All ye bully-rooks with your buskin boots,
    Best ye go, best ye go,
    Outrun my bow.
    All ye bully-rooks with your buskin boots,
    Best ye go, best ye go, faster than mine arrow.

My favourite is stamNB, I like the archetype, the skills, the rotation... I'm also partial to stamNecro and stamWarden, I find both really fun as well.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Very obvious abilities (without being intrusive) in hurricane, crit surge, and bound armaments. The latter is also forgiving if you mis-weave and shoot three daggers instead of four, whereas the nightblade bow recasts the ability if you don't have five light attacks to activate it. Plus the abilities themselves provide buffs and self healing, oh and did I mention there's a spammable that gives you stamina and health :D

Seriously though, I found it to be a more user friendly version of nightblade, which is why I tend to recommend it to new players looking for a stamina class, and though I can respect something like a poison dk, bearden and the rest, sorcs have consistently been strong dps so that no group that accepts stam characters will bat an eye at seeing a stamsorc in the lineup.
    PC NA
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    I dont know

I fancy the "warrior of light" idea :D
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    NB is really hard for me with high ping - warden rotation and having the pet is better for me.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My main is a stam sorc and it has grown on me. Crit surge, hurricane, clanfear, storm atro and bound armaments ❤️.

Why I originally chose sorcerer and decided to go stamina? Well, I've always loved playing stealth + bow + pet combo (in Skyrim, illusion + conjuration made the game easy, bow was only needed for flying enemies) and as a novice in ESO I wanted to recreate it: it was a choice between NB and sorc, and I thought sorcs can sneak too and they provided the pets.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden, they destroy in PvP
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden. It's the only class I feel comfortable playing, It doesn't bore me, and I love the nature theme.

They make excellent tanks, and the Bear is a cute companion I would never give up.
    Edited by Marillea on 22 June 2021 15:19
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I love my stamdk. For PvE anyway but yeah 2H skills and a host of DOTs are fun for routing dungeons. Not the most capable perhaps but it’s all about fun.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    My main is a stam sorc and it has grown on me. Crit surge, hurricane, clanfear, storm atro and bound armaments ❤️.

Why I originally chose sorcerer and decided to go stamina? Well, I've always loved playing stealth + bow + pet combo (in Skyrim, illusion + conjuration made the game easy, bow was only needed for flying enemies) and as a novice in ESO I wanted to recreate it: it was a choice between NB and sorc, and I thought sorcs can sneak too and they provided the pets.

You could try warden i guess
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I never thought for a second stamsorc was a viable character as the class seems to focus on magicka damage rather than physical damage.

While there is a trade-off on damage, the combination has allowed me to make one of the best characters I've ever had in this game, and I absolutely love it.

Two AoE's, magical degeneration of enemies while giving them shaves they never asked for. Purrfection, and this is deliberate because it's also a Khajiit character.

I suppose "hybrid" could be used, but all points are into stamina. My bow (which is my primary weapon, though I'll admit it can be risky at times with more difficult content) works exceptionally well with lightning everywhere and poison filling the room. If things get a bit messy, I whip out the dual blades and start pretending I'm a blender.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    It's a toss up between stamplar and sorc. I used to enjoy my SnB stam sorc back in the day before it was nerfed. Crystal weapon is nice and all, but I never really got into those weird abilities where you cast it then light attack, like the psijic ability. It's just clunky when paired with ESOs poor performance.
    So I'd have to go with stamplar. Decent DD ability, cleanse, cheap and good ulti, PoTL. It's pretty boss.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Stamden hands down. It has the best toolkit in the game to survive and adapt to any situation when you need extra tanking or healing plus access to all the major buffs in class. Switching from PvE to PvP is a matter of swapping equipment and a couple morphs and you are good to go.

Green theme also fits with stam and is aesthetically pleasing meaning it looks and feels good to play.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    The only one I enjoy playing is Warden (the special case of Stamblade thief excepted).

But I play bow/bow much as I would play a magicka build, just with a funny-looking staff.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on 22 June 2021 18:06
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I chose Nightblade. My original character was a Nightblade who is now a stamina Nightblade, but originally was going to be magicka. But unfortunately, the game design didn't really much allow me to build a magicka Nightblade in the way I envisioned, so it became a stamina Nightblade. It has the funnest DPS rotation of the characters I've played
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    babykubrow wrote: »
    Warden. It's the only class I feel comfortable playing, It doesn't bore me, and I love the nature theme.

They make excellent tanks, and the Bear is a cute companion I would never give up.

The lore for Warden is also some of the best. Before reading deeper into the lore I thought the animals were just spirits, then I learned that Wardens are practically creating them from nothing through a form of shaping reality. Which is some extremely powerful alteration/conjuration magic tbh, and it seems to be a very rare gift, not something you can just teach anyone.

The one quest on the Aldmeri Dominion side with the Altmer who was a spinner, leaves me wondering what are the true limits to a Warden's abilities, as they practice similar magic to spinners and the girl in that story was able to shape things on a mass level.
    Edited by vallisas on 22 June 2021 18:36
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade. I mean... Cloak, Surprise Attack, Ambush, Siphonning, Ult passive, Incap... Everything is sooo good, hard to play with but rewarding and SOOO SATISFYING
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

Imo most stam classes look somewhat the same, check online rotation videos... meanwhile at least sorcerer for me has some identity with a conjured monster , a aura , and hurricane ability, for some hurricane can be bad since it makes seeing bound armaments or other animations harder. understandable.
    And i don't see any issue in a assassin that uses storm powers. Anyone can be a rogue!

Imo warden is really good too, since you have bears and some interesting stam skills giving it more identitity.

stam sorcerer isn't hard to play like nightblade and has survival in case i need to kill a world boss, granted i'll still die to one shots.
    Edited by francesinhalover on 22 June 2021 20:54
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    oterWitz wrote: »
    oh and did I mention there's a spammable that gives you stamina and health :D

what? what's the spammable?
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Alucardo wrote: »
    It's a toss up between stamplar and sorc. I used to enjoy my SnB stam sorc back in the day before it was nerfed. Crystal weapon is nice and all, but I never really got into those weird abilities where you cast it then light attack, like the psijic ability. It's just clunky when paired with ESOs poor performance.
    So I'd have to go with stamplar. Decent DD ability, cleanse, cheap and good ulti, PoTL. It's pretty boss.

You can use shrouded dagger or bloodthirst/rapid strikes, bloodthirst has a bit of a visual glow so it does look like a sorcerer ability at least for me. but yeah they might be boring to you.

I tend to use psijic spammable ability (crushing weapon) after a light attack, like i do every other ability , When you swap your bow auto attack still has bonus dmg right? i mean the ability lasts 2 secs.
    Edited by francesinhalover on 22 June 2021 20:59
  • IrishJack72
    IrishJack72
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    It's close between my nightblade and stamplar but the aesthetics of the nightblade skills go well with my Dunmer so that edges it out. Love them both though!
    Edited by IrishJack72 on 22 June 2021 22:13
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    oterWitz wrote: »
    oh and did I mention there's a spammable that gives you stamina and health :D

what? what's the spammable?

I suppose I should have clarified not a damaging spammable, but I meant Dark Deal. I spam it between rounds of enemies in dungeons and arenas to get stam up to full, use it as a pre buff so I get extra recovery during the opening seconds of a fight, and can go from very low health to full in 2 seconds as long as an enemy doesn't knock me back and interrupt it.
    PC NA
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Also, I must say that reading all this love for stamden makes me want to convert my unused tank into one, as I love playing magden as much as stamsorc. Perhaps my favorite will change soon!
    PC NA