Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I leveled excavation and now i can't even use it.

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
I was excited for free eso plus and enjoyed it has much has i could , but unfurtunaly i had to say no to clockwork city... i really wanted to be able to do the zones story.

So i'm told i can't pogress further on the skill lines after eso plus ends, and i'm ok with it, i have used eso plus before for thieves and dark brotherhood.

I spend 2 days leveling excavation in a rush so i could be level 7 and not waste every lead i receive and i did it , i felt proud :D , so i loggin today and decide to excavate some antiquities because it's kind of fun, and my face just goes :( because it says i need the skyrim dlc... this sucks man. I wish people had warnings, i searched on the internet and didn't find anyone talking about it, so perhaps people can see this post in the future.
Edited by francesinhalover on 22 June 2021 01:34
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, this is the first situation for anyone to test what would happen. ZOS could have told players that you can't scry/excavate without owning the DLC, but we were left to find out on our own for sure. Rest easy knowing that when people search for this answer in the future, you will be the google result.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    But now you get the glowy treasure chest passive which is really great
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The antique system is part of the Greymoor chapter, what made you think you could keep using it after the free trial?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But now you get the glowy treasure chest passive which is really great

I'd be interested to hear if that works or not despite having access.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chips_Ahoy wrote: »
    The antique system is part of the Greymoor chapter, what made you think you could keep using it after the free trial?

The Thieves Guild skill line is part of a DLC, but you can still keep opening Thieves Troves even if your sub lapses. You just can't go to Hew's Bane or do Thieves Guild quests. You don't need to go to Western Skyrim to scry and dig leads, so I can see the logic in hoping you'd be able to continue using the system even if not levelling up the lines further.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Thieves Guild skill line is part of a DLC, but you can still keep opening Thieves Troves even if your sub lapses. You just can't go to Hew's Bane or do Thieves Guild quests. You don't need to go to Western Skyrim to scry and dig leads, so I can see the logic in hoping you'd be able to continue using the system even if not levelling up the lines further.

Yep.

Ditto with the Blade of Woe. All the previous unlockable abilities you could get from DLC, continued to work after ESO+ ended.

I'd definitely assumed I'd be able to continue doing Antiquities, you just wouldn't have access to all the zones.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on 22 June 2021 02:48
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Conversely, you don't get the Warden or Necro classes without a separate purchase unless you have the respective Chapter, and Jewelry Crafting is unavailable unless you have an active ESO+ or the Summerset Chapter/DLC.

The TG 'Finders Keepers' passive specifically states that it allows you to open the thieves troves, which is only available with the DLC or with an active plus account. Likewise the Blade of Woe. However, none of the Chapter content (classes, Jewelry crafting) is available without the DLC or an active account, so it seems reasonable that Antiquities would follow in that trend rather than those of just a DLC line.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conversely, you don't get the Warden or Necro classes without a separate purchase unless you have the respective Chapter, and Jewelry Crafting is unavailable unless you have an active ESO+ or the Summerset Chapter/DLC.

The TG 'Finders Keepers' passive specifically states that it allows you to open the thieves troves, which is only available with the DLC or with an active plus account. Likewise the Blade of Woe. However, none of the Chapter content (classes, Jewelry crafting) is available without the DLC or an active account, so it seems reasonable that Antiquities would follow in that trend rather than those of just a DLC line.

While that is reasonable, the opposite would also be a reasonable assumption, but up until yesterday, both were just assumptions. We know for sure what happens at this time, which is helpful to others the next time a free ESO+ event happens.

I didn't go out of my way to level up to 7, but I did go unlock antiquities on my alt account just in case it would be a permanent unlock. ZOS didn't say it wouldn't be and I figured it was worth 5 minutes of my time just in case.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep.

Ditto with the Blade of Woe. All the previous unlockable abilities you could get from DLC, continued to work after ESO+ ended.

I'd definitely assumed I'd be able to continue doing Antiquities, you just wouldn't have access to all the zones.

I get that it sucks, but eso + isn't that expensive and you get a lot of bang for your buck.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats odd. Till now skill lines have worked after expired ESO Plus always. As far as I am aware even jewelry crafting did still work as long as you had leveled it out.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Yep.

I get that it sucks, but eso + isn't that expensive and you get a lot of bang for your buck.

If people wanted to pay money to play every month they would play wow.
    Eso plus doesn't give you anything for free. and just because you can afford it any time you want, doesn't mean the same works for the rest of the people that play the game.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Yep.

If people wanted to pay money to play every month they would play wow.
    Eso plus doesn't give you anything for free. and just because you can afford it any time you want, doesn't mean the same works for the rest of the people that play the game.

True enough, but a lot of players do pay one way or another for all the additional content that gets released for an evolving game, and then they see other players who don't do so wondering why they don't have full access to it all once a free trial has ended.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand small perks like troves carrying over after a trial ends, but not a whole new game system like Warden, Necro, Antiquities, or Companions. Would kind of defeat the purpose for those of us that pay for them.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same happened to me, I was like oh fffffffudge!, but luckily I had a plan, busted my tail in case it wouldn't work afterwards, got scry to 7, got all leads for pale order, so at least I have a ring I can use when my character hits cp160 on the PC server.

Next eso+ trial, I reckon I'll get the skill to 10 and get the Al-Esh Ascension Coin, being new to PC, that 100K will come in handy!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    same happened to me, I was like oh fffffffudge!, but luckily I had a plan, busted my tail in case it wouldn't work afterwards, got scry to 7, got all leads for pale order, so at least I have a ring I can use when my character hits cp160 on the PC server.

Next eso+ trial, I reckon I'll get the skill to 10 and get the Al-Esh Ascension Coin, being new to PC, that 100K will come in handy!

next eso plus free trial will be probably next year. they usually only do 2 a year, hopefully i'm wrong.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if there aren't anymore trials this year, is not end of world, my main account is on xbox, I just wanted to see how the pc server was, and have to admit, was /is kinda fun being poor broke and hungry lol, when I finally dug up the last piece and completed the ring, I grabbed Blinx( my cat), and did a little dance!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    if there aren't anymore trials this year, is not end of world, my main account is on xbox, I just wanted to see how the pc server was, and have to admit, was /is kinda fun being poor broke and hungry lol, when I finally dug up the last piece and completed the ring, I grabbed Blinx( my cat), and did a little dance!

I couldnt get it unfurtunaly, I wanted it for the mount and ring so i could do a easy mode vma

with stam sorce + briar + hunding + pale order and maybe also two handed
    I just want to be inmortal in vma, but one shots man...
    Edited by francesinhalover on 22 June 2021 22:22
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on the mount, was just trying for sake of trying, not a fan of the look tbh, got all the leads except for the dwarven horngrip(got tired of bad rng after a while decided wasn't worth it) the ring however I use regularly on xbox, so being on pc as new toon, it will help if I decide to stay for a while
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a chapter feature which have always been treated different. Jewelry crafting is the same. Unless you permanently own the chapter the skill line will be disabled.

Psijic is actually very much akin to TG/DB. The passives and skills you can use after access to the DLC has ended. However you require access to Summerset to further progress an incomplete skill line. Psijic portals are essentially slightly augmented rune nodes and your ability to “see” them is merely a skill functioning. Denying you the ability to access them would actually take away a fundamental base game item you can regularly interact with. The same with jewelry nodes. You can collect, but you can’t craft or refine if you don’t own or have ESO+.