The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Coldharbour wayshrines more accessible!

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else tired of having to unlock all the wayshrines on new toons to scry or do other things? I get so sick on new toons of begging for ports from quildies on new toons to unlock the wayshrines. I hate that entire zone due to that alone.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are in a nice guild. Mine only talk about money or combat
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else tired of having to unlock all the wayshrines on new toons to scry or do other things? I get so sick on new toons of begging for ports from quildies on new toons to unlock the wayshrines. I hate that entire zone due to that alone.

I get the northern ones fairly frequently on lowbies just by paying attention to if Coldharbour is showing up in Beam Me Up's list. You can't always guarantee getting one of the more inaccessible ones, but it does seem to happen often enough for me.

On PC NA my two account mains have both done the game MQ to the end, so have all the wayshrines unlocked, so when I want a lowbie to grab all of them, I load up the main on the other account and just port around for that character to port to.

On PC EU, my mains haven't done the MQ yet, so that's where I tend to watch BMU for Coldharbour more. And sometimes if I want to scry on a lowbie without all the wayshrines, and BMU isn't "cooperating", I just abandon a scry with a dig site that character can't get to, and rescry until he or she CAN get to the dig site.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on 21 June 2021 22:22
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

I'm with you. Hate that zone. I have a couple Scrying spots I can't get to. Going to have to set aside some time to finish the quest so I can't get to the area before the 30d timer
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this was isolated or not, but yesterday I tried to help let a lower level character in Coldharbour get to a couple wayshrines but it wouldn't let them.

Grouped up, they ported to me after I went to the Manor of Revelry wayshrine and the Orchard wayshrine, they kept getting teleported to easier to reach wayshrines instead.

This was with my character who hadn't done any Coldharbour quests, but previously unlocked the wayshrines from help of others.
    Edited by Fennwitty on 22 June 2021 00:43
    PC NA
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Not sure if this was isolated or not, but yesterday I tried to help let a lower level character in Coldharbour get to a couple wayshrines but it wouldn't let them.

Grouped up, they ported to me after I went to the Manor of Revelry wayshrine and the Orchard wayshrine, they kept getting teleported to easier to reach wayshrines instead.

Some I believe are still quest locked, but it's been a long time since I tried so I would take that with a grain of salt. Before when I had someone pull me around, I'd end up in the same place as you did until I got to that point in the questline where I could access it.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭

Ha!

At least you're in a Guild.

I play so early, the game is like a Ghost Town.

And no Guild, so far, will take a lowbie like me, let alone, are FREE.

I don't trade, I'm poor, I solo 98% of the time, and I speak English.

So that leaves me SOL for early AM Guilds who are ACTIVE.

Hell, this AM, I seen a whole 3 people at the way shrine. It eventually picked up, but hey, I'm new, and was out Solo'n PvE Quests....
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only wayshrines I've had problems with "port to friend" are Eyevea and Earth Forge. You just do not get to do those.
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do the quests.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the quests twice. That's it. I'm not interested in doing them ever again. For those who say Molag Bal is a pushover.... nope. It's a LONG SLOG for me with satellite high ping. Not doing that again.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't help you with the time part, but a decent social PvE guild should never charge dues or refuse to take newbies. The playing solo 98% of the time part, well, they do typically want you to take part in some events, but I am in and have been in guilds where activity requirements were only "log in at least once every 5 days" and I am/was never required to participate in anything.

That is, unless things are radically different in EU? (It sounds like you're in EU with the "I speak English" part but I could be wrong.) There's an ESO guilds Reddit you could check out and possibly find a guild that will work for you. If you just want easy transport and are on PC you can download the BeamMeUp addon and join one of the BeamMeUp guilds and discover a whole bunch of wayshrines everywhere very quickly.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭

I can't help you with the time part, but a decent social PvE guild should never charge dues or refuse to take newbies. The playing solo 98% of the time part, well, they do typically want you to take part in some events, but I am in and have been in guilds where activity requirements were only "log in at least once every 5 days" and I am/was never required to participate in anything.

That is, unless things are radically different in EU? (It sounds like you're in EU with the "I speak English" part but I could be wrong.) There's an ESO guilds Reddit you could check out and possibly find a guild that will work for you. If you just want easy transport and are on PC you can download the BeamMeUp addon and join one of the BeamMeUp guilds and discover a whole bunch of wayshrines everywhere very quickly.

PS5 Console

And no active guilds.

I'm on at the a-crack of dawn.

Bots abound when I'm on...

As I said, I log in it's a ghost town and takes about 2 hours to pick up.

Which is when I get back off to do R/W shiiite.

I work for a living, gaming is a hobby...
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was with my character who hadn't done any Coldharbour quests, but previously unlocked the wayshrines from help of others.

This same thing happened to me last night which is why the post. I had a guildie who needed to port to a few those same two wayshrines and it would not allow him to port to me.

About a month or so ago I had someone port my character I was using last night (who had never even been to the zone) to all the CH wayshrines so something has changed. Either it's a bug or a deliberate change. Perhaps someone from ZoS can check on this for us?
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on 22 June 2021 12:34
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the old days when you get into a group for Vaults of Madness and when you stepped out of the instance it would be in that part of the zone, giving you access to the upper half of Coldharbour without having to do any of the quests prior to that point. Not like today where it sends you back where you were before.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha!

At least you're in a Guild.

So that leaves me SOL for early AM Guilds who are ACTIVE.

Hell, this AM, I seen a whole 3 people at the way shrine. It eventually picked up, but hey, I'm new, and was out Solo'n PvE Quests....

Several of my guilds have people playing from all around the world, and they charge no dues. (One has a minimum age requirement of 50 though.)

Basically log in once every two weeks and your fine. Finding a guild should not be that difficult.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I may ask, what other things besides scrying?

Scrying can be done on any character, and maps can be transferred to other toons through your bank. So maybe just do the activities in cold harbor on a toon that has everything unlocked?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I hope what I suggested helps! Gtg
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are accessible by playing the game as you are supposed to.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes we COULD do the quests, but that's also the reason the zone is a ghost town. Other than those in town the zone itself is devoid of people most of the time.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on 22 June 2021 13:49
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. Whatever happened to play how you like? I'm not going to mess with the MQ ever again - twice was MORE than enough.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes we COULD do the quests, but that's also the reason the zone is a ghost town. Other than those in town the zone itself is devoid of people most of the time.

So what are you doing there on new characters? Why not just use the characters you have that have that area unlocked?

It just feels like you are making things harder on yourself.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

So what are you doing there on new characters? Why not just use the characters you have that have that area unlocked?

It just feels like you are making things harder on yourself.

That's a good question actually. I just have one toon I use for scrying. He's max level. I don't have anything against scrying just don't care to level it up on other toons as much.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Hmm. Whatever happened to play how you like? I'm not going to mess with the MQ ever again - twice was MORE than enough.

You said it much better. I've done the zone quests a few times on other toons and that's quite enough. Just to go through that again to get to a stupid portal sucks.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask someone to taxi you to the inside one of the delves close to wayshrine you want to go.
    Once you are inside the delve just go out.
    And run to the wayshrine to open it.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since when did "play as you like" usurp rules of a game?
    Best part of making an alt is playing through again.
    But cheese seems the the way the world goes these days.
    Edited by TequilaFire on 22 June 2021 15:15
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »
    Ask someone to taxi you to the inside one of the delves close to wayshrine you want to go.

Good idea, maybe someone can test later.
    PC NA
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not cheese. It's the same reason many people don't care to watch the same movie more than a few times. After the third time it's not fun. Everyone is different though, some people like that and that's ok. What's not ok is after running the same zone story about a zillion times on alternates you need to run it again. If some like running the story through again then they can still do so. Nothing stopping them.

Not cheese. It's the same reason many people don't care to watch the same movie more than a few times. After the third time it's not fun. Everyone is different though, some people like that and that's ok. What's not ok is after running the same zone story about a zillion times on alternates you need to run it again.

Edited by Veinblood1965 on 22 June 2021 16:31
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then why make an alt in the first place?
    I have six accounts and over 30 alts and none had to taxi.
    Besides there is a skill line advanced by the main quest.

Edited by TequilaFire on 22 June 2021 16:42
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to make alternates for the different combat styles. Tanks, Healers, DPS etc. I do enjoy the quests but after the first or second run through on the longer quest lines it almost makes me want to quit. Hence my post.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to make alternates for the different combat styles. Tanks, Healers, DPS etc. I do enjoy the quests but after the first or second run through on the longer quest lines it almost makes me want to quit. Hence my post.

Ok but I fail to see why coldharbor is IMPORTANT for these alts. Why are you bringing new alts there?

Treasure maps? Scrying? Surveys? Resource farming?

Just do them on the characters that have the area unlocked.

Lastly, just port to fellow guild member who is in cold harbor. You don’t need to group with them or anything.
    Do you have “port to friends”? Just use someone’s coldharbor house.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »

Good idea, maybe someone can test later.

It works. I did it with my 16 other chars.