The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is 30 world bosses overkill compared to other options?

• ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not so much killing 30 world bosses as it is how the PVP options are so much easier and faster to complete compared to the PVE option.

I think Zos want to push us more into PVP...

If they wanted people to do PVP, they could have just improved pvp instead of dangling a less rotten carrot in front of the horse.
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is just another way of forcing PvE players into PvP, as others have said. And to coin an Americanism it sucks
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not so much killing 30 world bosses, as finding 30 world bosses alive to kill :D I can already see the groups roving around killing bosses. It's quite handy for a low level toon. No more standing around watching bosses and hoping somebody will pitch to help you. Now if I arrive at a boss, it's usually a corpse or, even better, a missing corpse. At least one or two people will arrive while I'm waiting for it to spawn. Good times ;)
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on 23 June 2021 04:58
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just another way of forcing PvE players into PvP, as others have said. And to coin an Americanism it sucks

You’re not forced to do anything. There is a pve option available and even if there wasn’t there is nothing you can get from endeavors that is needed to play the game. On the other hand pvp players are forced to pve just so we can get gear, skill lines, and skill points so that we can pvp.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PvP player I did the 30 world bosses. lmao
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a healer main I will just point out that this week will be kind of difficult for me to complete the weekly endeaovers.
    While Cropsfors dailies aren't an option for me because I refuse to get killed like each few minutes by some gankers,the 30 worldbosses are all what is left.

You don't need to expose yourself to gankers at all for the siege weapon weekly. You can do it inside your alliance safe area, take a siege weapon to the hammer spawn point and kill the golden saints there until you do enough damage. If your gate is closed it's literally impossible for another player to kill you, and even if it's open it's still extraordinarily unlikely.
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think?
    As a developer, I understand the techniques used to get people to use a product or service. There's nothing inherently wrong with such attempts, but many toe the line between customer appreciation and shady practices.

Endeavors is a shady practice to me.

The entire purpose is to entice players to return to the game, and keep them playing. It may seem like this is a "reward" system, but it's not.

This is the type of system I see implanted when usage numbers drop, which causes concern for executives and investors. When I continue to see the majority of new players are bots on starter islands, this leads me to believe the game's audience is diminishing.

This isn't the same thing as saying ESO is dying. More like sustaining itself on life support. Those who have acquired enough in the game probably return during events and new content, while a handful of new players come to the game.

Anyone who plays the game enough can see this.

Notice the new champion system has allowed us to see people's true CP level. What's the range you typically see? I'm betting it's between 1000-1400. The game's been out for 7 years, and of those, about 5 years were using the CP system. Where are the 2000+ players? They exist, but they're rare in game.

This is what the executives are asking too. You can bank on it. Instead of making a game that brings players back because they want to play the game, they've instead chosen to introduce another reward system.

It's not a bad idea, honestly, but the implementation of this system is absolutely insulting to every player.

This is my opinion, of course, but to see the "prices" of the store makes me just absolutely livid some individuals think our time should be spent chasing coins that, by the time we acquire them, the options will be long gone.

It's baffling such a decision was made in this manner and leads me to believe those who control the game have no clue how to interact with the audience properly. "Just build this. They'll come. You'll see."

Why is it baffling? Because every other game on the market which tries this very technique fails both the delivery and the goal of getting players back.

What should be happening to get players back is stop introducing the same DLC with gimmicks.

One idea I'd recommend would be to offer a level scaling option so PvE bosses can be leveled up well beyond the player so that if they defeat the boss, better items or rewards are given. The higher the level, the better the reward.

A simple task like this means all parts of the game are refreshed, granting a new refreshed approach to existing content.

I remember when world bosses turned from easy to hard, and this literally changed the game for me as it forced me to improve both my play and my gear! It was great!

Now, I can pretty much solo many world bosses (screw that guar in Deshaan), but I can solo most Undaunted non-vet dungeons.

The current level of design leads to boredom, and boredom leads to players leaving the game.

No amount of low-offered coins to get an "apex" mount (and hopefully in time before the change out) is going to bring these players back.

They're only "rewarding" those who are still logging in.

Another idea would be to finally sit down and separate PvP from PvE. Just rip the bandaid off and do it. Everyone knows what problems it causes, yet after 7 years, this belief it can all be balanced refuses to go away.

Regardless what is done to the game, one important fact must be remembered and followed: appreciate the players.

Refuse to do so, and, well, the current situation speaks for itself.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    IT SUCKS that 2 of 3 weekly options are PvP
    when probably 90% of players only do PvE.

I even liked PvP before, but after Update 30
    there is NO WAY I go into Stamina-PvP again with my patch-crippled MagToons.

So the 30 WBs are a MUST this week.
    Even though 30 is a bit much in my opinion because this will need HOURS of boss riding/waiting.

How are any of these Cropsford quests PvP?

They're in Cyro, so they're automatically pvp (it's a pvp zone). Also, while going to & from the quest givers, pvp players can/will pvp you.

They are PvE quests in a PvP enabled zone. Their objective doesn't involve fighting other players, they're not PvP quests by any means. "Kill 40 players" is a PvP quest, "Gather some apples" isn't one.

But Cropsford is a PVP objective, with PVP spawn point and relay, as well as a PVP capture quest. So expecting not to face PVP in Cropsford is ridiculous.

Expecting to meet enemy players in a PvP enabled zone is natural. But fighting them is not the objective of any of the town quests.

But it is the objective of the town. Especially Cropsford. The quests that lead to that town are there with the explicit threat of PVP, even if the quests themselves aren't exactly PVP. Other players are supposed to try to stop you from completing the quest. That is the literal point of the zone.

Realistically when was the last time you fought anyone in Crops/Vlast when not pushing for yellow scrolls or running back with them?

Vlas has some strategic importance between blue and yellow. As a yellow I find that if blue holds vlas we will be on the back foot and constantly defending home keeps as they can use it as a respawn point deep in
    What do you think?
    As a developer, I understand the techniques used to get people to use a product or service. There's nothing inherently wrong with such attempts, but many toe the line between customer appreciation and shady practices.

The entire purpose is to entice players to return to the game, and keep them playing. It may seem like this is a "reward" system, but it's not.

This is the type of system I see implanted when usage numbers drop, which causes concern for executives and investors. When I continue to see the majority of new players are bots on starter islands, this leads me to believe the game's audience is diminishing.

This isn't the same thing as saying ESO is dying. More like sustaining itself on life support. Those who have acquired enough in the game probably return during events and new content, while a handful of new players come to the game.

Notice the new champion system has allowed us to see people's true CP level. What's the range you typically see? I'm betting it's between 1000-1400. The game's been out for 7 years, and of those, about 5 years were using the CP system. Where are the 2000+ players? They exist, but they're rare in game.

This is what the executives are asking too. You can bank on it. Instead of making a game that brings players back because they want to play the game, they've instead chosen to introduce another reward system.

It's not a bad idea, honestly, but the implementation of this system is absolutely insulting to every player.

This is my opinion, of course, but to see the "prices" of the store makes me just absolutely livid some individuals think our time should be spent chasing coins that, by the time we acquire them, the options will be long gone.

It's baffling such a decision was made in this manner and leads me to believe those who control the game have no clue how to interact with the audience properly. "Just build this. They'll come. You'll see."

Why is it baffling? Because every other game on the market which tries this very technique fails both the delivery and the goal of getting players back.

What should be happening to get players back is stop introducing the same DLC with gimmicks.

One idea I'd recommend would be to offer a level scaling option so PvE bosses can be leveled up well beyond the player so that if they defeat the boss, better items or rewards are given. The higher the level, the better the reward.

A simple task like this means all parts of the game are refreshed, granting a new refreshed approach to existing content.

I remember when world bosses turned from easy to hard, and this literally changed the game for me as it forced me to improve both my play and my gear! It was great!

Now, I can pretty much solo many world bosses (screw that guar in Deshaan), but I can solo most Undaunted non-vet dungeons.

The current level of design leads to boredom, and boredom leads to players leaving the game.

No amount of low-offered coins to get an "apex" mount (and hopefully in time before the change out) is going to bring these players back.

Another idea would be to finally sit down and separate PvP from PvE. Just rip the bandaid off and do it. Everyone knows what problems it causes, yet after 7 years, this belief it can all be balanced refuses to go away.

Regardless what is done to the game, one important fact must be remembered and followed: appreciate the players.

Quite the essay, but a misunderstanding. ZoS were quite happy to let us buy crates to grind into gems. Microsoft bought them and said they couldn't keep doing that because they have a policy against paid loot crates being the only way to get something. I guess giving out endeavours for daily login rewards was deemed too simplistic so we've ended up with endeavours, which are marginally more involved than daily login rewards.

Your point about endeavours being designed to entice us to play is true of course, but *so is literally everything in the game*, and it's kind of axiomatic. The whole point of designing any kind of product is to make people want to use it.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Even though 30 is a bit much in my opinion because this will need HOURS of boss riding/waiting.

“Foooorrccced PVP!!” 😊

Jeez. The Cropsford weekly are super simple “fetch my wallet” quests.

I think for the other “PVP” one, you can play Siege Master on oils etc and it counts.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think?

It's Microsoft related change actually. They have a policy on loot boxes items being obtainable in game
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »

How are any of these Cropsford quests PvP?

They're in Cyro, so they're automatically pvp (it's a pvp zone). Also, while going to & from the quest givers, pvp players can/will pvp you.

They are PvE quests in a PvP enabled zone. Their objective doesn't involve fighting other players, they're not PvP quests by any means. "Kill 40 players" is a PvP quest, "Gather some apples" isn't one.

But Cropsford is a PVP objective, with PVP spawn point and relay, as well as a PVP capture quest. So expecting not to face PVP in Cropsford is ridiculous.

Expecting to meet enemy players in a PvP enabled zone is natural. But fighting them is not the objective of any of the town quests.

But it is the objective of the town. Especially Cropsford. The quests that lead to that town are there with the explicit threat of PVP, even if the quests themselves aren't exactly PVP. Other players are supposed to try to stop you from completing the quest. That is the literal point of the zone.

Realistically when was the last time you fought anyone in Crops/Vlast when not pushing for yellow scrolls or running back with them?

Vlas has some strategic importance between blue and yellow. As a yellow I find that if blue holds vlas we will be on the back foot and constantly defending home keeps as they can use it as a respawn point deep in
    What do you think?

Quite the essay, but a misunderstanding. ZoS were quite happy to let us buy crates to grind into gems. Microsoft bought them and said they couldn't keep doing that because they have a policy against paid loot crates being the only way to get something. I guess giving out endeavours for daily login rewards was deemed too simplistic so we've ended up with endeavours, which are marginally more involved than daily login rewards.

Your point about endeavours being designed to entice us to play is true of course, but *so is literally everything in the game*, and it's kind of axiomatic. The whole point of designing any kind of product is to make people want to use it.

I don't even like the rewards but daily 3 quests are interesting. Makes me go try something out of routine or how to say makes me curious to do something new... except world bosses..are just boring
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 in a week is super easy man. I got about 5-6 people together and we went and nuked bosses for less than an hour. I'm already at almost 20 boss kills at the end of Day 2. I may finish tonight or I may just dally and kill a few, depending on what else we have planned (Trials maybe?). Its not going to be that hard.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Just love how you all keep saying it's easy.

Get on 0600 CST & tell me how many people you will get to help....Big Fat ZERO(0)....

Game is a Ghost Town that early....

Then take today, PS5 isn't patching properly, so we are still NOT ONLINE....

Let alone, maintenance killed my whole game session anyway, so I'm glad I'm at work, and not at home wanting to play, only to find out that it's going to be several more hours being DOWN....

So please, get off the EASY train...

It's NOT!
  • Dagre2
    Dagre2
    ✭✭✭
    yes it's overkill in comparison to the cyrodiil ones. takes about 5mins to do cyrodiil siege if you're hitting npcs. that's counting the travel time.

I also think 30 world bosses is approximately the right spot for the length of time it takes to do a weekly though somewhere between the world boss one and the current cyrodiil ones would be nice for people that play less. I was at 21 WB and not trying to do weekly when we decided to play in cyrodiil a bit. finished weekly doing one outpost, which is ridiculous in comparison to 30 world bosses.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    30 wbs is super easy. I'd probably do it anyway endeavor or not.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think?

I don't think this is accurate. I played in the beta and then bought the game 1/1/2015. I have not taken any extended breaks from the game. I have a full time job, kids, wife, mortgage, etc so I don' t spend 6 or 7 hours a day in the game. I play when I can, have one set night a week I play for 3 or 4 hours, the rest where I can. I am currently just over 1300 cp. I think this rate of CP accumulation is probably pretty standard.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    It's not so much killing 30 world bosses, as finding 30 world bosses alive to kill :D I can already see the groups roving around killing bosses. It's quite handy for a low level toon. No more standing around watching bosses and hoping somebody will pitch to help you. Now if I arrive at a boss, it's usually a corpse or, even better, a missing corpse. At least one or two people will arrive while I'm waiting for it to spawn. Good times ;)

Get on when I'm on.

Ran past over 30 WB's today, all alive and well, nobody in sight.

I can't touch them though, as I'm solo & a noob. They faceplant me in 5 seconds...

So I won't get this "WEEKLY" done...

As I won't step foot into PvP until I really really need my Vigor skill...

My Play Time: 0600 - 0930 CST
  • GodsGrief
    GodsGrief
    ✭✭✭
    people complaining about 30 WB a week...? Bloody hell that's sad. you can literally do 5 a day and get it done or do one of the other 2 options. Games destined to become a casual snoozefest with this weak mentality around "We should just get things and not work hard for it" no wonder this games progression feels bad af.
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. That's why I did one of the other weeklies instead.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished my 30th WB today*. It wasn't too bad, I mostly did the easy WBs closest to Davon's Watch (the kwama warrior and the blue crab on the coast). There was usually a crowd hanging around waiting for them to spawn. Also did a few in Wrothgar and they were well attended by other players.

*Actually 31, but when my wife and I did Dubdil Alar Tower in Vvardenfell today, we didn't get any loot and it didn't count toward the endeavor, for some reason. Presumably a glitch.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point people seem to keep missing is that even if you kill 1 WB per minute and they all magically appear in front of you, You can still do the other two quests faster than the WB quests. Cropsford quests can be done in 10-20 minutes for example. There is no reasonable way to do the 30 bosses in even an hour. It would take several hours for a large majority of players( like 99.5%) and at least 2-4 hours for even the most skilled players. Again compare this to 10-20 minutes to do cropsford...30 min if you figure time getting in and getting to cropsford.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos should check the destiny 2 weeklies and learn from them. They are more complex than these. Harder yet easy, yet not a joke ones.
    Based on destiny. These could be a really nice weeklies in eso:

Imperial Battleground: do X amount of battlegrounds. Wins grant more. (in theory thats 20% per win, 13 per lose)
    Featherly love: kill 10 gryphon
    Bonecrusher - kill x amount of skeleton with hammers. (100)
    Let the flames b... - with flame abilities/weapons kill x amount of enemy in morrowind
    For the queen - Do 10 daily quest in Auridon
    Thats gonna leave a mark - Capture 10 fortress in cyrodiil
    Bold moves - Complete 3 veteran random dungeon
    By the nine! - visit the nine (8) divines shrines.

If the weeklies would be like this. And you could actually do more than one. Then sure give us moar like these :3
    Obviously these would give 75-150 tokens instead of current. But thats still more. Much more

• Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pro tip: Keep calm and siege NPCs. It's easier than logging into the game.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6Kyojin6 wrote: »
    people complaining about 30 WB a week...? Bloody hell that's sad. you can literally do 5 a day and get it done or do one of the other 2 options. Games destined to become a casual snoozefest with this weak mentality around "We should just get things and not work hard for it" no wonder this games progression feels bad af.

There is tons of hard content in this game and endeavors are intended to be easy things you can do while playing normally because it takes months to get anything out of them. Not every system is supposedly to just mindlessly be "difficult" for difficulty's sake. Some things are meant to be a challenge and some things are just supposed to be quick and easy. That's a critical element of good game design.