The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is 30 world bosses overkill compared to other options?

• Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do "World Boss" really mean only the group bosses ? If I remember correctly ZOS used the term "World Boss" during another event (guess it was the Jester's Festival) for all bosses, including delve and dolmen end bosses. Has anyone tried this ?

Can't try it for myself because I finished the siege quest yesterday.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so it's "only" 4.3 WBs a day, but... if you only have 2-3 hours a day and you're trying to level your Companion in MG and FG and also yourself in Undaunted, doing Bolgrul quests and a pledge or two... yeah, nah. At this rate I'll be lucky to get to Cadwell's Silver as it is.
    My only character is DC, so that's a hell of a ride to Cropsford IF the map isn't blue. Not to mention that said character is <300 CP and far from being properly geared.

And yes, I know no one is making me do the weekly endeavour.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was steep at first but I farm the WB dailies for style materials anyway so it's not something I go out of my way for. I just have had to log in when the NA server is busy and people are doing them though. I can't find people to do them at OCE times.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few more WBs to go but must say, the drop rate, even with two or three players, has been disappointing. Mostly blue gears, no motifs. If you do the weekly WB quest in conjunction with the daily WB quest then the motif drop improves a little bit.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's potentially faster to get into Cyrodiil, buy siege and hit stuff with it or go to the town and do the quests, but players will try to kill you. Players trying to kill you is the difference.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 wb may have been more equivalent, but they probably designed it to encourage more players to enter pvp zones.

The other weekly alternatives are far faster/easier to do in my experience. The siege damage endeavor in particular is relatively risk-free; just do it. Sometimes players will even ignore each other in Cyrodill if they are just questing. It's usually when someone starts attacking/ganking that factions get riled up.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought it was a lot at first, but was surprised at how quickly they added up with groups of people farming them. It may be much more difficult for a new player (just getting to and from WB locations, etc.), but for most established players, it shouldn't be too bad I don't think.

Suggestion though, my guild is making an event out of this endeavor - we're going to do a WB grand tour on Wednesday night, so that should help get people's counts up as well.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Six WBs a day for five days, especially when there brand new dailies that drop a brand new motif, is nothing.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought it was a lot at first, but was surprised at how quickly they added up with groups of people farming them. It may be much more difficult for a new player (just getting to and from WB locations, etc.), but for most established players, it shouldn't be too bad I don't think.

Suggestion though, my guild is making an event out of this endeavor - we're going to do a WB grand tour on Wednesday night, so that should help get people's counts up as well.

Or for the new players, you can invite them to team, and then explain them how to teleport to you :) i did that a lot, and i was really happy to hear how happy they were to learn and to be able to do those WB which seemed impossible to them.

I may have lost 30min grand total for waiting people after i alerted the ZONE, but that was worth it for me and for them :)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all 30 at the gold coast, people are always doing1 boss or another, and they don't take very long to spawn, sadly all I got was motifs I already had (xbox) ((on + off not consecutive cause get glassy eyed after a while))

on PC since I'm low level, just joining the western overlook boss in glenumbra he's popular only need 5 more, plenty of time.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you think?

Don't think so really, we made a guild event of it yesterday and most of us finished it up in an hour or two.
    20210621220256_1.jpg?width=1210&height=681
    love is love
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thirty world bosses in a week 😂😂😂😆😆😆............. err no 🤨

I got a job thanks 🧐

It's only 5 a day with a day off. 95% of WB are soloable and honestly, it would be hard to find a WB with no one around it anyway right now...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

I got a job thanks 🧐

It's only 5 a day with a day off. 95% of WB are soloable and honestly, it would be hard to find a WB with no one around it anyway right now...

SOLOable....NOT....

Brand NEW players have no CP/NO GEAR/NO GUILD help....

Please rethink your answer....
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, 4-to-5 WBs a day can be done with WB dailies, if you plan on doing those anyway. But I plan to keep using this as an excuse to complete WBs in zones where I'm still missing a few, at least on PC EU. On PC NA, I plan to do one of the Cyrodiil options-- probably the Cropsford quests, but if I get credit for the siege damage first, then so be it. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    To speed it up, some zones have world bosses almost on top of each others, like the 2 in Greenshade.

For the re-spawn wait, there are often delves/anchors/fishing holes/nodes around ;)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a job thanks 🧐

SOLOable....NOT....

Brand new players who need help can do exactly what brand new players have always done: ask for help in zone chat.

Most base game world bosses are equivalent to normal dungeon bosses, so four level 10+ players with no CP should be able to handle them. DLC world bosses are much harder, but they have a daily quest so it's much easier to attract interested players if you are willing to share the quest.

The good thing about this being a weekly is that as long as you aren't trying to cram it all at the last minute on Sunday like a high schooler who forgot they have a paper due on Monday, there will likely be other players around who need the same endeavor
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I have discovered that you can bounce between the two WBs in Markarth without much, if any, waiting so I’ve managed to complete 14 so far this evening as they seem to be well populated too (XNA).
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭

I got a job thanks 🧐

SOLOable....NOT....

Brand new players who need help can do exactly what brand new players have always done: ask for help in zone chat.

Most base game world bosses are equivalent to normal dungeon bosses, so four level 10+ players with no CP should be able to handle them. DLC world bosses are much harder, but they have a daily quest so it's much easier to attract interested players if you are willing to share the quest.

The good thing about this being a weekly is that as long as you aren't trying to cram it all at the last minute on Sunday like a high schooler who forgot they have a paper due on Monday, there will likely be other players around who need the same endeavor

I do use "ZONE" chat.

Only once has more than one player arrived to help.

Normally NOBODY shows....

I play at 0600 and ONLY botters are around. When NOT questing, I go steal the nodes before the bot reaches it....LMFAO!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why people think killing an npc is cheese. NPCs are a legitimate target and have been part of Cyrodiil since launch.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I don't know why people think killing an npc is cheese. NPCs are a legitimate target and have been part of Cyrodiil since launch.

I would be surprised if ZOS intended players to use siege weapons on the Volendrung guards from a position of complete safety.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see if ZOS changes this endeavor to either eliminate NPCs, to require more damage, or does nothing about it.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a job thanks 🧐

SOLOable....NOT....

I did. Please see the last point. I couldn't solo a wb right now if I wanted to there are so many people doing them!
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm up to 25 already.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I'm up to 25 already.

Nice! I just finished mine. Took maybe 45min total.
    Obituary:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get a hate whisper from someone while doing them, though. Dude got mad because waiting for WB to spawn I challenge people to duel to pass the time. Guy accepted, I beat him on my pve toon. He razed came back and challenged me, I fought home and killed him again. Then I got the whispers..." 1v1 me bra on my dk. You're horrible. I'm on my healer and you had problems. 1v1 me, bra!" It was kinda sad...
    Obituary:
  • notafinerughiss
    Find some people in guild, build a team and spend 2hr to Finish it, this lazy khajiit feels it is easier than other quest but so unfriendly to those lone ranger.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    30 bosses isnt' overkill, its just the PVP options are ridiculously easy. 7 Quests? So like 10 minutes in PVP? Pathetic.
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took me around 2 hours overall, mostly solo because of the time I was doing this, some people appeared along the way, later at the day I took a friend. So no, for me it's not overkill per se. Compared to other options also no. These are tasks you can choose from. And you can choose not to do them as well. ZOS has no obligation to put tasks that absolutely everyone will like so that everyone gets their seals. Yet they made choices for both PVE and PVP.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the Cropsford ones done on the first day. Wasn't that bad.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all of mine last night in a few hours. Knocked out most bouncing around to different zones based on closeness to wayshrines. And then knocked out the last 5 or so in Deshaan at the WB right next to the dolmen. Bounced back and forth between the two for companion xp and loot as well as mother's sorrow gear to sell. Landed a few rings so it was profitable.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some the PvP is overkill. In the end, it is all a choice.