The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is 30 world bosses overkill compared to other options?

• oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for midyear mayhem to do this, 30 is just a few rounds of event style pages farming in district and I can pick up some IC monster helms, 3 birds.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    if you want it fast go Cyro obviously, but wb's can get you some gear to sell
    A lot of cyro sets worth a ton.

Requires way more knowledge from newbies like traits, which town drops what, currency bfor coffers etc., Deshaan or Bangkorai are pretty straightforward.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killed 1 WB. Then thought Frikk it. Gonna go to cropsford. That took all of around ten minutes to complete without any interruption
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a healer main I will just point out that this week will be kind of difficult for me to complete the weekly endeaovers.
    While Cropsfors dailies aren't an option for me because I refuse to get killed like each few minutes by some gankers,the 30 worldbosses are all what is left.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the quests in cyrp cause people camp those spots all of them are equal really, siege gear does a lot of damage and doesn't have to be on pc, juust sneak attack a resource keep spot and fire away with a weapon they clump up so going to get that damage easy like someone said, and run off before someone peeks in

Sorry for typos, the weekly stuff are major time sinks more then anything
    Edited by RedTalon on 21 June 2021 11:39
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do what world bosses were originally intended for and join a group, they die in seconds.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I'd been looking forward to seeing the weeklies. That's what I get for not following the PTS, I suppose. :|
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    No, weeklies were similar on PTS, there were some PVE and some PVP. I remember the 30 world bosses one being there on PTS, I think another was complete 5 dungeons or something (which is quicker, can grind that in FG1 in 20 minutes, but you'll probably do it anyway without making any special effort). This is the worst of the pve ones from memory, as unless you're busy clearing zones or farming the kill 30 zone world boss achievements, it's not something everyone would necessarily do, at least not 5 per day. Whereas almost every pve player averages a dungeon per day,...

I'm unsure if I've killed 30 world bosses the entire time I've played. Probably have (things you do randomly months apart add up over time without it registering), but it's not certain.

And I definitely haven't run more than a dozen dungeons (only time I ever ran them was during the Million Stories event, to get the Dark Shaman costume. And that put me off ever running another one. So..... yeah. Seems likely I'll never be doing any weekly endeavor, if they're all like that, or PvP.)

Edited by Kiralyn2000 on 21 June 2021 11:51
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a healer main I will just point out that this week will be kind of difficult for me to complete the weekly endeaovers.
    While Cropsfors dailies aren't an option for me because I refuse to get killed like each few minutes by some gankers,the 30 worldbosses are all what is left.

No, there's also the siege weapon weekly, by far the easiest and fastest of them.

You don't even have to hit a keep or enemy player, any NPC will do. Just grab a cheap fire ballista and shoot the first wolves or bandits you come across. Only takes a few minutes and there's no risk of ever encountering another player somewhere in the wild, far away from any keeps or resources.
    Edited by Edaphon on 21 June 2021 11:52
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try the siege weapons one, I did it in 5 minutes as I am a mediocre PVPer and there were people camping. Grab a fire trebuchet, take it to a resource like a lumbermill you don't own, set it up as far away as possible that you can hit the flag without pulling the guards, and fire it. I got the achievement in 3 hits, then rode back to a keep and travelled back to the wayshrine
    Soupy twist
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did the 30 WB, it took just under 6 hrs to solo them, (some were already in progress). So not too hard at all, plus I got leads and a few good bits of gear to sell.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IT SUCKS that 2 of 3 weekly options are PvP
    when probably 90% of players only do PvE.

Well, technically, only one is PVP, and even that one is only PVP if you target another player. :smile:
    In Stormhaven, there is a strange "boss", somewhere in the center, consisting only of 3 bannekin. Takes 10 seconds to kill this "boss"

The "strange boss" is a giant daedroth and the "bannekin" are scamps. It could be the easiest boss to kill in Stormhaven, as daedroth are strong, but slow and stupid. All you have to do is keep out if the way and you can take them down with light attacks (and enough time to pinprick them to death).
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I even liked PvP before, but after Update 30
    there is NO WAY I go into Stamina-PvP again with my patch-crippled MagToons.

So the 30 WBs are a MUST this week.
    Even though 30 is a bit much in my opinion because this will need HOURS of boss riding/waiting.

How are any of these Cropsford quests PvP?
    • Seeds of Hope: Enter the lair of the Bloody Hand goblins in search of seeds.
    • Offerings to Zenithar: Persuade the villagers to give offerings to Zenithar.
    • Harvest Time: Help collect produce for the people of Cropsford.
    • The Dead of Culotte: Cull the undead that gather at Culotte.
    • Crown Point: Light a nearby watchtower to cheer up the people of Cropsford.
    • Bloody Hand Spies!: Kill a goblin skirmisher spotted scouting near Cropsford.
    • The Hedoran Estate: Investigate a destroyed manor that was overrun by bandits.
    • Securing Knowledge: Hide books in preparation for a goblin attack.
    • Goblin's Delight: Help with the murder of a cook's pet goblin.
    • Timberscar Troubles: Kill the goblin leader at a nearby camp.

Mag toons are honestly fine this patch, yes they feel somewhat underpowered compared to stam but they're not unplayable. In fact there are a lot of people rocking their mag toons everyday in cyro.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every day majority of players go to cyrodill to play with siege weapons a bit, then do some repeatable quests in a pvp zone, then kill several dozens of world bosses. That is why we got these activities as weeklies - it's what people do anyway, so there is no harm.

I remember once FFXIV released an update where you can upgrade your relic weapon, but you needed to grind activities (similar to dolmens) in low lvl areas with newbies for weeks. All high lvl players were very excited and thankful for this.
    Edited by ixthUA on 21 June 2021 12:26
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hopped on earlier and hit up world to see if I had better companion drops so I can milk people's money while that lasts.

By the time I was on about 17 or so bosses in I realised it was a weekly.

It took me like a bit over an hour to kill all 30. All apart from one was solo. Most base game world bosses you can kill just before or just after your potion comes off cool down.

Cropsford one is definitely shorter. So is the siege maybe. I dunno, I never counter siege, I'm at the door waiting to engage enemies.

So it probably is more work to do world bosses, but it isn't that much work either.
    Edited by Brrrofski on 21 June 2021 12:34
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »

Even though 30 is a bit much in my opinion because this will need HOURS of boss riding/waiting.

They're in Cyro, so they're automatically pvp (it's a pvp zone). Also, while going to & from the quest givers, pvp players can/will pvp you.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Well, technically, only one is PVP, and even that one is only PVP if you target another player. :smile:
    In Stormhaven, there is a strange "boss", somewhere in the center, consisting only of 3 bannekin. Takes 10 seconds to kill this "boss"

The "strange boss" is a giant daedroth and the "bannekin" are scamps. It could be the easiest boss to kill in Stormhaven, as daedroth are strong, but slow and stupid. All you have to do is keep out if the way and you can take them down with light attacks (and enough time to pinprick them to death).

interesting, I passed my there 3 times randomly and never had the daedroth, just the scamps. Maybe it is bugged on xbox, but it counted as clearing the boss each time (used different toons, and the boss marker on the map turned from black to white).
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

interesting, I passed my there 3 times randomly and never had the daedroth, just the scamps. Maybe it is bugged on xbox, but it counted as clearing the boss each time (used different toons, and the boss marker on the map turned from black to white).

Yes I popped there to try it after you mentioned it, and there was a giant daedroth to kill after you kill the summoner
    Soupy twist
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's likely that there are two PVP ones this week because mid year mayhem starts on Thursday. But yeah, 30 world bosses is easy. Did 4 casually this morning, most likely knock out the rest tonight.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're playing solo it might be hard, but with this endeavour active I'm sure there will be plenty of people calling for groups in zone chat. And guilds often have world boss runs (my two active guilds do it once a week.)
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have prefer if dragons were counted for the achievement (they're not), it would made this goal easier.
    At the moment it's not annoying because i'm leveling my companions but after that, not sure.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have prefer if dragons were counted for the achievement (they're not), it would made this goal easier.

I assume there's a "700 world events" one that dragons (and dolmens, geysers, etc) will could for.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're in Cyro, so they're automatically pvp (it's a pvp zone). Also, while going to & from the quest givers, pvp players can/will pvp you.

They are PvE quests in a PvP enabled zone. Their objective doesn't involve fighting other players, they're not PvP quests by any means. "Kill 40 players" is a PvP quest, "Gather some apples" isn't one.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get ready for the swamp of NERF SIEGE posts....
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are PvE quests in a PvP enabled zone. Their objective doesn't involve fighting other players, they're not PvP quests by any means. "Kill 40 players" is a PvP quest, "Gather some apples" isn't one.

But Cropsford is a PVP objective, with PVP spawn point and relay, as well as a PVP capture quest. So expecting not to face PVP in Cropsford is ridiculous.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw, 30 isn't terrible, I usually end up killing 15 a week anyway just wandering around picking up skyshards and the like.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World Bosses Solo 1v1(NPC) Arena coming soon to Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven.
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I started with the 30 world bosses challenge so I could complete some zones but only one of ten bosses I visited, including Blackwood, had anyone around. Tried but failed to solo a couple (although I did better than expected with Bastian’s help), so I decided to try Cropsford on my magnb and completed it super quick. Only spotted a few other players and they were in my alliance. I don’t play PVP unless there is an event, but find myself really enjoying it. I expect to die and just stand still when attacked as I don’t stand a chance =^.^=
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

But Cropsford is a PVP objective, with PVP spawn point and relay, as well as a PVP capture quest. So expecting not to face PVP in Cropsford is ridiculous.

Expecting to meet enemy players in a PvP enabled zone is natural. But fighting them is not the objective of any of the town quests.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Expecting to meet enemy players in a PvP enabled zone is natural. But fighting them is not the objective of any of the town quests.

But it is the objective of the town. Especially Cropsford. The quests that lead to that town are there with the explicit threat of PVP, even if the quests themselves aren't exactly PVP. Other players are supposed to try to stop you from completing the quest. That is the literal point of the zone.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is the objective of the town. Especially Cropsford. The quests that lead to that town are there with the explicit threat of PVP, even if the quests themselves aren't exactly PVP. Other players are supposed to try to stop you from completing the quest. That is the literal point of the zone.

Realistically when was the last time you fought anyone in Crops/Vlast when not pushing for yellow scrolls or running back with them?