The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bastian told me "I like Vampires."

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I took Bastian with me when I fed my Vampire because I was curious how he would react. He didn't seem to mind at all. In fact, right after he said "I like Vampires." He went on to say more but all I caught was "They something something something." because I was taken back to hear him say that.

Did he really say this or did I hear wrong? Has he said anything similar to anyone else?
PCNA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not gotten anything like that, but I have only really fed in front of Mirri. Never had her say anything in regards to vampirism.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to duplicate it later but he didn't say anything.
    PCNA
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange things Bastian says? I can't speak about vampires but I think he may have been a spokesman for the office supply company STAPLES. He keeps saying "That was easy."
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian's secret line:
    I like vampires. They suck well. I mean blood.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that was a joke.
    Edited by SilverBride on 20 June 2021 18:28
    PCNA
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of things like that I have additional chat tab with NPC dialogue. To go there and read in case I missed something and I was curious.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I didn't know we could do that. I'll make an NPC chat tab when I log on today and hope I can get Bastian to say it again.

But does that work with audio chat?
    Edited by SilverBride on 20 June 2021 18:59
    PCNA
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it has a subtitle, yes you can put it to chat..Many (most?) of the companion dialogue lines have subtitles.

On topic: please excuse my while I go do Bastian's quest with my vampire.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on 20 June 2021 19:04
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There wasn't a subtitle but I'll try it anyway.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to turn subtitles on in options I think
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thanks, I'll do that.
    PCNA
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have also NPC lines appear in the chat box. Subtitles are too big and sometimes disappear too fast.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I discovered that I didn't need to have subtitles on. All I had to do was check NPC in the options of any chat window and it would transcribe their audio chat. I did make a specific window for it though.

I went and fed several times and couldn't get him to say it again but I will keep this chat window in case he does again sometime.
    PCNA
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Well he is very interested in magic and the unknown.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spawn of Molag Bal = Cool
    Assassins = bad

interesting moral compass
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Third companions quest: Bastian is a vampire and the son of Fennorian ;)
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Assassins = bad

Not all vampires are bad. All assassins are bad, ez.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Adding to the above, I think it makes sense that he would be ok with vampires. He is from daggerfall is he not? The Daggerfall Covenant literally works directly with vampires in the DC questline. :D
  • VampReworkFailed
    VampReworkFailed
    ✭✭✭
    vallisas wrote: »
    Assassins = bad

The dark elf Naryu is a good assassin that helps us doe.

Assassin's at least kill for a job. Vampires mostly, quite literally, kill to survive and don't have a moral compass.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Assassins = bad

Assassin's at least kill for a job. Vampires mostly, quite literally, kill to survive and don't have a moral compass.

Ahem

sV6Zpvb.jpeg

We've met several decent vampires in Eso. Thing is, most vampires have an urge they can't fight, takes great willpower that even the good ones struggle with. Assassins get paid to kill people they usually don't even know personally. Not saying Assassins can't be good or that a large chunk of vampires aren't bad, but either way they're still mostly killing people for money, and in the DB questline many of those being innocents.
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    I will not stand for this slander of the good people at the Morag Tong
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassins = bad

Morag Tong is still repairing it's rep and thus a Daggerfall character may not have a good view towards it. Bastian is familiar with the noble houses and one of them is a house of vampires that also help us. Count Verandis. Bastian would probably be aware of him and have a good opinion of their work. He'd probably also be sympathetic to the idea that they aren't choosing to kill for a living but rather have a disease that compels them too. Thus the choice they must make is NOT killing and it's a difficult one.
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished the mage guild questline with Bastian he said

"Magic places are always so beautiful and inspiring, well most of them anyway".

Never heard him say that before, I love how he's always so excited about exploration of new places, it's adorable.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that Bastian has a lot more dialog than I first thought. I'm going to add an NPC chat tab on all my characters so I don't miss anything interesting.

I really hope I can capture him saying he likes Vampires again so I can catch what he said after that this time.
    PCNA
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I think they also say different things the more their rep changes/ the closer they feel to you, I noticed he says a lot of stuff now (in a more comedic way as well) than he did back when his rapport was lower
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always like when says 'i hope your going to eat that" when I accidently kill a critter in a AoE.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Morag Tong is still repairing it's rep and thus a Daggerfall character may not have a good view towards it. Bastian is familiar with the noble houses and one of them is a house of vampires that also help us. Count Verandis. Bastian would probably be aware of him and have a good opinion of their work. He'd probably also be sympathetic to the idea that they aren't choosing to kill for a living but rather have a disease that compels them too. Thus the choice they must make is NOT killing and it's a difficult one.

House Ravenwatch being good aligned vampires is very much a secret that only very few people are aware of. In the questline it's often mentioned how they are distrusted, but that's not because they're vampires, but because the Count used to have ties with House Montclair,the instigators of the hostilities around Shornhelm during the quests. Also a likely extra cause for mistrust and dislike is that he's an altmer from what's said to be an old family, I assume his lineage being a holdout from back when the elves ruled over High Rock.

The player character learns of the vampire stuff during the questline, so if you're questing there with Bastian technically he'd learn that as well. But by default I'd say he likely isn't aware, as their vampirism is a well-kept secret known only to a very few. A favourite pastime for the traditionally very quarrelsome Breton nobility is scheming and backstabbing, and outing a rival House as vampires is likely a good cause for any ambitious social climber to incite a political scandal / angry mob uprising and take their lands for themselves. Especially since vampires are generally portrayed as evil in the setting, with the occasional good aligned vampire being very rare.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassins = bad

You take that back. Naryu is a gem.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

House Ravenwatch being good aligned vampires is very much a secret that only very few people are aware of. In the questline it's often mentioned how they are distrusted, but that's not because they're vampires, but because the Count used to have ties with House Montclair,the instigators of the hostilities around Shornhelm during the quests. Also a likely extra cause for mistrust and dislike is that he's an altmer from what's said to be an old family, I assume his lineage being a holdout from back when the elves ruled over High Rock.

The player character learns of the vampire stuff during the questline, so if you're questing there with Bastian technically he'd learn that as well. But by default I'd say he likely isn't aware, as their vampirism is a well-kept secret known only to a very few. A favourite pastime for the traditionally very quarrelsome Breton nobility is scheming and backstabbing, and outing a rival House as vampires is likely a good cause for any ambitious social climber to incite a political scandal / angry mob uprising and take their lands for themselves. Especially since vampires are generally portrayed as evil in the setting, with the occasional good aligned vampire being very rare.

Bastian's family was not only nobility connected to High King before the betrayal, but he also was taken in by another Noble family of far reaching influence and wealth. Add to the fact he is quite knowledgeable on social matters, i'd say it's not much of a stretch that he knows. Not like he was raised by some peasants lmao, he was pretty much brought up within the elite upperclass.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love lamp
    Awake, but at what cost