The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU is now up

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK this is a new one.

I have logged in but 99% of the contents of my crafting bag are gone. No kidding.

EDIT: Going to log out, take a deep breath, make a cup of tea, log in again in 15 minutes and hope this was a glitch of some sort and the mats will be there.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on 17 May 2021 19:14
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, just letting you know we're aware of the issues called out here and the team is on it.
    It happens ALWAYS on EU when maintenance takes so long to complete. If you pass the magic 17:00 - 18:00 UTC on EU, you are 100% Guaranteed to have login issues as too many players are trying to login at the same time. Same thing would happen if You had too long maintenance on NA server, so the server would open during prime time.

You could possibly pass this feedback information further to the dev team and maybe change something in the future for scheduled maintenances, as it will continue to happen in the future whenever there is extended server maintenance.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 17 May 2021 19:15
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in the Login Queue here also. PC-EU
  • Evo95
    Evo95
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    OK this is a new one.

I have logged in but 99% of the contents of my crafting bag are gone. No kidding.

I hope it's just you because if I lost my 400 dreugh wax and my 40 gold plate I would go crazy.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Error 308 after Charlogin :( Disconnected for inactivity - afer loading about 10 minutes.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evo95 wrote: »
    OK this is a new one.

I hope it's just you because if I lost my 400 dreugh wax and my 40 gold plate I would go crazy.

Well yes, I would not wish this on anyone.

I had to do a double take when I went to do my writs and Lazy Writ said 'you don't have enough materials'.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A day in the life of the ESO maintenance team...

"Standard maintenance, no patches, better give it 8 hours though, you never know..."

"Oh. Slight overrun, better say it's delayed by 3 hours, just to be on the safe side..."

"Four hours? Well at least it's finished!"

"What's that? EU server has issues? Back to work..."
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA I'm in yea!
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try to log in with my bad wifi connection : said "queue for 26 min".
    Try to log in with my phone (4G) : said "30 sec" and it takes 10 sec.

Buuuuut : endless character loading screens :s
  • Evo95
    Evo95
    ✭✭
    OK this is a new one.

I had to do a double take when I went to do my writs and Lazy Writ said 'you don't have enough materials'.

Omg........... let us know before we login
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK this is a new one.

Will do.

Currently sipping tea and trying to not soil my pants.
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to see how the game's going after 6 month break, and I come back to the exact same reason why I stopped playing. I'm too flabbergasted to even be able to put into words how I feel about this. 6 months. Still the exact. Same. Issues. I quit the game for.

Nice.
    PC-EU - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher - Fashion Scrolls - 1400+ CP
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup. The loading screen just says 30 secs.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Barbara73
    Barbara73
    ✭✭✭
    Are you counting the endless que as being up?
    Not Every Player Is a Guy FFS
  • LadyHeart
    LadyHeart
    Soul Shriven
    Lol here to. Got "inactivity" while waiting for load out and when trying to log in to characters I get stuck in queue.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    halkjear wrote: »
    curtis337 wrote: »
    I would like to see an explanation for what when wrong and why it is running so poorly and it wasn't even a patch!

Perhaps it has something to do with about a million users who have all just been sitting around waiting for the exact moment the servers would open up and are now all trying to log in at once.
    Opposite a "normal" maintenance which is usually completely while a majority of users are still occupied with their everyday lives.
    Just perhaps.

That sounds logical.

Also, I almost always have longer server load screens and character load screens the first time I log in after a maintenance, even if I'm logging in long after the maintenance ended and hence should be avoiding the big rush and its resulting "traffic jam." But subsequent logins are usually at their normal speed-- meaning there can be variations in how long it takes, but it is not nearly as long as when I'm first logging in after a maintenance.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who cares ?
    Playing POE already.
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    Been in the queue for 18 minutes now, this is getting better and better. Just wanted to see the new CP system to see if it's worth it to come back, but ZOS is making it quite difficult, lol.
  • Sahqon
    Sahqon
    ✭✭✭
    who cares ?
    Playing POE already.

Here on the ESO forums?!
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't maintenance meant to solve problems, not create them?

You must be new here.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been in the queue for 18 minutes now, this is getting better and better. Just wanted to see the new CP system to see if it's worth it to come back, but ZOS is making it quite difficult, lol.

They actually made it easy for you, run, keep running, take a left and don't look back.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK this is a new one.

I just checked and everything appears to still be in my crafting bag. So it's not affecting everyone.

But then I was also able to log in without much trouble, maybe the two are related.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys couldn't see the large yellow box saying "COMPLETE" next to the server maintenance? You needed a thread as well?

But now I see this is just turning into another version of "PCEU IS DEAD".
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You guys couldn't see the large yellow box saying "COMPLETE" next to the server maintenance? You needed a thread as well?

But now I see this is just turning into another version of "PCEU IS DEAD".

To be fair to they OP, they made this thread before that yellow banner was updated...
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    OK this is a new one.

I just checked and everything appears to still be in my crafting bag. So it's not affecting everyone.

But then I was also able to log in without much trouble, maybe the two are related.

Glad to hear it :)

I'm currently stuck on the '30 sec' queue so can't really check if it was a 'glitch' or something I may need to open a ticket for and hope for the best.

I logged out an hour before maintenance started so is not likely to be related to not saving properly because I pushed to the last second.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play on EU you could at least check on the test server at what estimated amount of goods is gone from the crafting bag, as it has a recent copy of EU server. Hope you get your stuff back.
    PC/EU
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    I got updated to the 30 sec queue glitch! And it's nearing midnight - this is way too familiar and I don't like it.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you play on EU you could at least check on the test server at what estimated amount of goods is gone from the crafting bag, as it has a recent copy of EU server. Hope you get your stuff back.

Quick update: panic over!

I have managed to log in and all my stuff is there... must have been a glitch of some sort.

Phew!

Still, thanks for the well wishes :)

EDIT: Funny 'side note', I had 36 minutes left of the xp buff when I logged out this morning, now I have 9 minutes left. So technically I was logged in while stuck in the 'requesting character to load' screen.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on 17 May 2021 19:57
  • ohaphazardo
    ohaphazardo
    ✭✭✭
    ""Lol. Now I got disconnected for "inactivity". I can really be active while waiting for character information to load xD
    I am guessing this is part of the fix?""

Yep, I am perma-stuck at 18 mins 57secs until login after being logged out for inactivity despite never being able to log in!!

And our community managers wonders why we get angry when the product we pay top dollar for is not available or just does not work.

This game is supposed to be fun and a relief from the ordinary stresses of day to day life....
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    1hour loging queue...