The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So many random pug complaints, give us multiple build options.

ForeverJenn
ForeverJenn
✭✭✭
All these posts boil down to support not wanting to play support because a lot of content excludes us. How about giving the us the ability to template multiple builds so that we don't have to spend gold and 10 mins in the constellation screen just to respec?

Random doesn't need me as healer or tank? Cool, let me switch my spec to my backup build and let's burn this place to the ground.

No one wants to help my tank on the WB? Cool, let me switch my spec to my backup build and I'll burn this place to the ground.

This is available in other games, why isn't a feature here?

Edit: Put spec change on a 10 min cooldown or something to avoid problems.
Edited by ForeverJenn on 17 May 2021 17:55
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are addons which let you switch you CP, skills and gear setup with one push of a button.

There have been multiple build options in the game since the birth of ESO.
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    mrfrontman wrote: »
    There are addons which let you switch you CP, skills and gear setup with one push of a button.

Cool! Can you tell me which addon changes my cp and attributes and morphs?
    Edited by ForeverJenn on 17 May 2021 18:19
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got an addon for the gear/skill swap - but for the CP and attributes, how does that work on the fly?

I'd assume too there would also be a gold cost incurred with each swap, no?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What content are you doing that would require that?

I just change gear/skills for off-spec.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    I've got an addon for the gear/skill swap - but for the CP and attributes, how does that work on the fly?

The system would have to allow for you to have more than one build and give you the option to toggle. It doesn't exist yet and cannot be done with addons, despite what the above poster is trying to infer.
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    Easier to do on a healer to a dd, not so much on a tank tho.
    Edited by ForeverJenn on 17 May 2021 18:30
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Going from tank to DD or healer in most content that isn't base game vet dungeons, like vMA, vVH, group arenas, or vet DLCs.

Running on any DD or healer and wanting to tank, real tank, in the above content. That one probably means more in the context of this conversation. I can and have tanked that group content on every single character that I have, save one.

Im not going to spend the gold to swap out everytime I want to queue as a real tank. I just dont queue with them or queue with them as a DD.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The system would have to allow for you to have more than one build and give you the option to toggle. It doesn't exist yet and cannot be done with addons, despite what the above poster is trying to infer.

Correct, not if those changes include changes to attribute points or skill morphs. You cannot do those with add-ons. You have to go to the shrines and pay gold for those changes unless you have a scroll which aside from the character bound ones you get do levelling up a new toon, are Crown store purchasables only.

If you just want to swap gear and CP, yeah there are add-ons for that, but tanks usually have at least differently allocated attribute points from dps which is why I tell people my tanks are "retired" at the moment because i do not want to hassle with re-tank-ifying they current dps attribute point allocation just to go run one dungeon or trial. I just don't get asked to tank enough anymore to want to bother with that.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Going from tank to DD or healer in most content that isn't base game vet dungeons, like vMA, vVH, group arenas, or vet DLCs.

Running on any DD or healer and wanting to tank, real tank, in the above content. That one probably means more in the context of this conversation. I can and have tanked that group content on every single character that I have, save one.

Im not going to spend the gold to swap out everytime I want to queue as a real tank. I just dont queue with them or queue with them as a DD.

Yeah, but how often in those situations does the group go "oh we don't really need a tank/healer"? (And if they do, any DPS contribution you bring to the group will be welcome)

vMA and vVH you'll go in prepared for solo anyway. For vet trials, you'll know your role ahead of time as well.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »

Correct, not if those changes include changes to attribute points or skill morphs. You cannot do those with add-ons. You have to go to the shrines and pay gold for those changes unless you have a scroll which aside from the character bound ones you get do levelling up a new toon, are Crown store purchasables only.

If you just want to swap gear and CP, yeah there are add-ons for that, but tanks usually have at least differently allocated attribute points from dps which is why I tell people my tanks are "retired" at the moment because i do not want to hassle with re-tank-ifying they current dps attribute point allocation just to go run one dungeon or trial. I just don't get asked to tank enough anymore to want to bother with that.

Yes. I agree. That is why I suggest that we have multiple options. I enjoy helping the helpless noobs I occasionally get grouped with on their first clear as a tank, but for the common group of rushers, I'd like to keep up with the bunch and not be winded cause I have no stam by then.

It would just incentive me to play support when it's needed and something else when it's not. I get why ppl don't wanna queue as tanks. It's punishing. My suggestion is trying to make this better.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, but how often in those situations does the group go "oh we don't really need a tank/healer"? (And if they do, any DPS contribution you bring to the group will be welcome)

vMA and vVH you'll go in prepared for solo anyway. For vet trials, you'll know your role ahead of time as well.

I didnt mention trials, because theyre a bit of a stretch really.

Saturday. vMHK as a random. We asked the tank several times if they knew the mechs. No response. It was apperant they did not. After the tank hit the scroll the healer bailed without a word. I dont blame them.

After a couple attempts the tank also bailed. The other DD was inexperienced, but not a bad player and they were cool, so I swapped to tank, got another DD, and we finished with 3 players. They got the bust and the monster helm.

In the process I lost my random bonus because I changed to one of my tanks. No good deed goes unpunished.

But what Im really talking about is the stable of character that do not tank but otherwise could and alleviate some of the burden. But since most are used for things other than tanking primarily, Im not going to pay twice a day to change them and then change them back. So if they enter the queue, they do so as a DD.
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭

The situations where a fake tank leaves cause he got put into MoS or another DLC. Now there's 3 ppl who have to wait again cause some of those heavy attacks are too frequent to keep roll dodging out of.

The situations where the tank gets put into Fungal Grotto I and is bored to tears running out of stam just to keep up with the group.

The situations where the healer isn't needed but can't do as much DPS as they could have if the could switch to other options.

The situations where my tank is alone at a WB and slowly chipping away with his 3k dps

I'm not saying it's impossible to complete content with legit tanks and healers, I'm merely offering a solutions to a common complaint about disincentivising support roles and making them more difficult to find when actually needed.

Edited by ForeverJenn on 17 May 2021 19:01
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With there already being active topics on this subject, we're going to go ahead and close this one down. For further discussion feel free to discuss on this thread here.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.