The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Maintenance and Eso Plus?

Berchelous
Berchelous
✭✭✭✭
So most of us won't be able to play today. Will our eso plus be extended one day?
  • Gandamir
    Gandamir
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the same as all the other times there is maintenance...
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    Gandamir wrote: »

Yes? No one's ESO+ gets extended because of maintenance afaik. If it does, can you direct me to where I can find this information, please?
  • red_dog82
    red_dog82
    ✭✭

Yes? No one's ESO+ gets extended because of maintenance afaik. If it does, can you direct me to where I can find this information, please?

Apparently someone has trouble recognizing sarcasm....
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same question has the same answer. If your going to play eso and pay for eso + perhaps you should read the TOS. In particular the section about accessing the game, maintenance, etc.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    So most of us won't be able to play today. Will our eso plus be extended one day?
    Read the terms of service (tos), you agree to basically not care about stuff like this and accept zero liability from the company. I don't like it either, but that's what it is.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    It's like politicians, when the *** hits the fan they pass a law to protect themselves...
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    red_dog82 wrote: »

Yes actually, due to Neurodivergence I do sometimes have trouble recognising sarcasm.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes because that in 7 years is actually 168$ and that is only from 53 cents... Now you know why rich are rich.
    Edited by PigofSteel on 17 May 2021 16:44
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PigofSteel wrote: »
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes because that in 7 years is actually 168$ and that is only from 53 cents... Now you know why rich are rich.

:D
    You, however are not getting 53 cents a day, you are asking for reimbursement for one day. Let's say you are reimbursed once a month, in 7 years that is $ 44.52.
    Edited by Inaya on 17 May 2021 16:54
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Semantics probably but you meant wealthy here, not rich. Rich people are all about having tons of money and blatantly spending it. Wealthy is more about your means exceeding your expenses and implies a more thrifty lifestyle inorder to maintain or gain more.
  • vapandreiub17_ESO
    Not even about the money, but about the principle.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Semantics probably but you meant wealthy here, not rich. Rich people are all about having tons of money and blatantly spending it. Wealthy is more about your means exceeding your expenses and implies a more thrifty lifestyle inorder to maintain or gain more.

Thank you for that academic explanation.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes?

you should have read the tos before agreeing to it. and yes, you did agree to it.
  • vapandreiub17_ESO
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes?

you should have read the tos before agreeing to it. and yes, you did agree to it.

You should get a hat. I bet it's quite cold on that moral high ground..
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually been a really long time since I've seen a thread like this.
    Not even about the money, but about the principle.

If you were truly standing on principle, then you would have not agreed to the TOS in the first place, as it pertains to the ESO+ subscription.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    each time somebody asking the same question. remember i did too.
    but the answer is always the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyZv4EghX_I
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes actually, due to Neurodivergence I do sometimes have trouble recognising sarcasm.

To be fair, written sarcasm is difficult to properly pull off.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes?

Im crying.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The principle...

ZOS FIX YOUR POS GAME!!!!!! WHY THE LAG?!?!? LOADING SCREENS ARE TAKING FOREVER WHY, ZOS, WHY?????????? [various other assorted rants, whines, demands, canceled ESO+, threats of legal action]

ZOS schedules maintenance to work on issues and patches.

WHY THE ENDLESS MAINTENANCE, ZOS???? WHY DO YOU HATE YOUR PLAYERS????? THIS IS MY TIME TO PLAY, ZOS, WHY *ANOTHER* MAINTENANCE??????? [various other assorted rants, whines, demands, canceled ESO+, threats of legal action]

ZOS can't win no matter what. If they schedule maintenance to try to fix things, people get upset and annoyed. If they don't schedule maintenance to try to fix things, people get upset and annoyed. They can't win...they can't even break even with some people.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

I have often used both terms interchangeably; even though I do understand the difference between both behaviours I had not realised that each adjective pertains to one of them.

I do - no sarcasm intended - appreciate your contribution to my command of the English language.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already included in the price.
    The Moot Councillor
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes?

stating a fact is not moral high ground. pointing out the obvious to the intellectually challenged is not moral high ground. more of a public service.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes because that in 7 years is actually 178$ and that is only from 53 cents... Now you know why rich are rich.

You, however are not getting 53 cents a day, you are asking for reimbursement for one day. Let's say you are reimbursed once a month, in 7 years that is $ 44.52.

4x a month (mondays maintenance) 0.53x4=2.12
    Per year 2.12x12=25.44
    In 7 years 25.44x7=178

I did this 4 per month because usually EU maintenance is more than one day normal worktime and there are usually complications with logins after and the other things...
    Edited by PigofSteel on 17 May 2021 17:14
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? 53 cents a day?

Yes because that in 7 years is actually 178$ and that is only from 53 cents... Now you know why rich are rich.

4x a month (mondays maintenance) 0.53x4=2.12
    Per year 2.12x12=25.44
    In 7 years 25.44x7=178

I did this 4 per month because usually EU maintenance is more than one day normal worktime and there are usually complications with logins after and the other things...

You would have had a really rough time back in the 18 hour maintenace 1 x per week in FFXI LOL
  • rk1101320
    rk1101320
    ✭✭
    lol they care too much about money to give u anything
    GM of Pimp my Elf
    Ex member of TOXIC, KNOW YOUR PLACE, [snip], KNOWN'[snip]
    member of D-Ticks and E-Cheeks
    trolling your scrolls since beta
    youtu.be/FxjscqBxOJs
    well known T-bagger and shimmering shield spammer

[Edited to remove Profanity and Inappropriate Content]
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe offer a Maintenance + subscription, in addition to ESO +. Maintenance + would offer you to get online hours before your non-Maintenance + players. :)
  • Gandamir
    Gandamir
    ✭✭✭

For the sake of those like you, I should have put sarcasm tags on it to simplify when reading it. This is not meant as sarcasm, but as an actual learning opportunity for myself. Thank you for pointing it out.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the insight. From now on I will always use sarcasm tag when writing something sarcastic.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
This discussion has been closed.