The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stop with these maintenance!!

Levianna
Levianna
✭✭✭
Dear ZoS...

May you please PLEEEEASE please stop with these 1 or 2 per week frequent maintenance!

We love you but we prefer to play this game. :D

Organize yourself differently, don't waste our time!

In almost whole Europe people are unable to play literary whole maintenance-day, because it finishes at the evening and then its the time for gym, sex with husband/wife/bf/gf and sleep for everyone who aren't unemployed or little kids who doesn't go to school...

Give us GAME, pls!! We are paying you for it!! Love ya... <3
There's no Higher... not outside the man.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather maintenance and stuff half functions then none and no functioning game. As for paying, it US in the agreement that they can't guarantee continuous access.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The servers should be spent on those maintenance as long as it is required.
    PC/EU
  • vapandreiub17_ESO
    I approve of this message. Lately, it's become way too often that the servers are down. I know that content is added and stuff, but this is too much.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is funny! The servers used to be taken down every week for maintenance. When ESO became available on Stadia and the maintenance schedule changed to once every 2 weeks, people got upset that fixes wouldn't get released as often. Now people don't even want maintenance every 2 weeks? Oy vey.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, they always do maintenance on certain days.

Sorry if it falls on your day off or something, but they schedule it when they will have the fewest number of players impacted. Every other game that has maintenances does this the same way.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best would be daily 30min like in some other games...
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it was for me one of the bad surprises when I started playing ESO a few months ago! In the meantime, I got used to how often it is, but not to how long it takes: I can't help it, I grumble every time, because due to my playing times, for me it's one day without the game.. :(
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a dog, I let her out to do her business outside, then I have to go out and clean it up. I'm sure you can imagine what my yard would be like if I never cleaned it up. Same goes for servers, sometimes you just have to do a bit of maintenance or your world will be full of poop.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they should move their maintenace to prime time. The servers are running so badly that you can't play anyway ...
    Edited by Luede on 17 May 2021 13:54
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where the OP gets 1 or 2 per week from.

People complain about performance, they complain about the servers, and they complain about maintenance to fix these things.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    I have a dog, I let her out to do her business outside, then I have to go out and clean it up. I'm sure you can imagine what my yard would be like if I never cleaned it up. Same goes for servers, sometimes you just have to do a bit of maintenance or your world will be full of poop.

This so much!
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    This is funny! The servers used to be taken down every week for maintenance. When ESO became available on Stadia and the maintenance schedule changed to once every 2 weeks, people got upset that fixes wouldn't get released as often. Now people don't even want maintenance every 2 weeks? Oy vey.

Back at launch it was 2 days a week for about 6 months as well. And then they stopped for a few months. Getting it once every two weeks is a blessing tbh
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it makes you feel any better, I can’t play right now either. Today is my only day off.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like once every other week and its been a bit for general maintenance its normally something patch related so cleaning up things on the back end if my bet.

Keep up the good work ZOS
    Edited by RedTalon on 17 May 2021 14:07
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't know where the OP gets 1 or 2 per week from.

People complain about performance, they complain about the servers, and they complain about maintenance to fix these things.

Yeah....as you may or may not know, maintenance doesn't actually fix anything.
    In fact, if you play on PS4, there's a good chance something is going to be broken.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I would much rather they had two clusters and they would fail over when maintenance is necessary thus minimizing downtime.

However because this has a cost attached to it and they don't have to do it they don't do it. Simple.

If other competing entertainment services - for instance streaming - would do this they would lose custom left, right and centre but when it comes to MMOs we have been conditioned to accept this behaviour and actually 'shut down' anyone that posits that 'they could do better' real fast.

Imagine Netflix for instance taking down the service for maintenance during prime time twice in four weeks both times coinciding with a major bank holiday.

INB4 'but Netflix is not an MMO', everything that competes for your 'leisure $$$' is competition not only another MMO.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on 17 May 2021 14:16
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry OP but what the actual bleep? I think you have no clue of what is actually required to keep a game running. There is no way to copy functionality over to redundant servers to keep it up. That's economically not viable at all.
  • CountonMe
    CountonMe
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind having the Monday from 4AM-10AM maintenance commitment. But nothing boils my blood more than when they extend it (maybe when I die in Vault of Umbrage)!! If I asked for extensions at work I'd get fired. So ZoS is either slacking, or incompetent, or clueless--or maybe all three.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    imagine complaining maintenance schedule while it fit with your timezone, while us SEA, NZ and AUS player can only do is sigh
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maintenance every week would be fine if they were constant and ended on time. Also if they were doing balance changes and tweaks every week we would not have these slug hammer patches. I play other games that have patches every week and you get use to it. And when they have maintenance that runs long they apologize to the player base. This would require more out of pocket money for staff and that ain't happening.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its either have maintenance or the servers just explode lol, go outside, take a walk, play something else, i'ts not going to be down forever just chill!
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it 2021 and we're this far into the Digital Age and people can't grasp why it matters that you perform regular maintenance on a high-traffic server? This is an issue of general IT literacy that everyone who uses the internet for anything ought to understand by now.

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    How is it 2021 and we're this far into the Digital Age and people can't grasp why it matters that you perform regular maintenance on a high-traffic server? This is an issue of general IT literacy that everyone who uses the internet for anything ought to understand by now.

People don't understand why it takes 8 hours or more.
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    8 hours scheduled maintenance... let's see what time they come back online, just half hour missing.

After last maintenance, we had login issues on PC EU for 2 days.

Edited by MarioMario on 17 May 2021 15:34
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    How about just NO standard maintenance during events! Missing out on double XP and double nodes...not cool. :|
    Heavy is the crown.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    its either have maintenance or the servers just explode lol, go outside, take a walk, play something else, i'ts not going to be down forever just chill!

it explodes regardless lol
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »

it explodes regardless lol

sadly true :( lol
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does the game get more glitchy after maintenance?
    they/them/theirs
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry OP but what the actual bleep? I think you have no clue of what is actually required to keep a game running. There is no way to copy functionality over to redundant servers to keep it up. That's economically not viable at all.

"Economically not viable" - says who? Microsoft as the (ne) owning company? I'd expect putting up some server capacity should be very doable by the MS folks. I agree that would probably require a bit of redesigning the patch and maintenance routine...

WIth a redundant pair of servers the maintenance and patching would just need a (rather) short downtime to copy and adjust the player data. It might be possible to even use a "live" user data database, but that probably would require some serious modifications. A simple "copy" is much easier.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance is needed and their schedule is catered to NA users.

It would be great if they had a different schedule for EU servers but there could be technical limitations on their end to do that. Who knows.
This discussion has been closed.