Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dps nerf next update

SP39EMC2
SP39EMC2
✭✭✭
I understand In the soon coming update overall dps for all will be nerfed. No more capable of hitting 100K+ dps. Maybe around 80Kdps max? Maybe because ZOS is not happy with people getting the "Godslayer" & more & more will get it. Maybe "Godslayer" is not suppose to be attainable but as a motivation for high end players to try to get it but would be impossible therefore they will continue playing, especially the elite players. The title "Godslayer" meaning is "God" cannot be slayed therefore it will be impossible to get it?
Edited by SP39EMC2 on 17 May 2021 12:14
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad part is that, by nerfing "the top" it's translating into an overall nerf for classes at the bottom in PvE and PvP with zero real or attainable method to regain that power or close the gap.

It just means balance will keep shifting, and so will nerfs. How creative...
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is when 2 elite guilds log in just to break records and make couple youtube builds than other mortal players suffer for months.
    Edited by PigofSteel on 17 May 2021 12:11
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    The sad part is that, by nerfing "the top" it's translating into an overall nerf for classes at the bottom in PvE and PvP with zero real or attainable method to regain that power or close the gap.

It just means balance will keep shifting, and so will nerfs. How creative...

Can slowly by gaining CP to the max increase the overall max dps?
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS needs a nerf. No point giving us dungeon mechanics which nobody sees.
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    :D
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPS nerf? Then why groups already completed in the PTS the three hard modes of the new trial?
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game needs a huge dps nerf! The entire game is catered to dps most good groups run dungeons without a tank or healer the fact you can bring just a tank is bad for the game.

Too many dps checks that force people to stack dps lol...... Yeah please nerf dps ty
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »

ZOS Designs a dungeon to be completed with gear gained from previous tier of content.

People with gear form the tier above the dungeon go in.

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

Why don't you go do those Vet dungeons with overland and normal dungeon gear and see how it goes.
    Edited by Hexi on 17 May 2021 12:44
  • jonathanb16_ESO
    jonathanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SP39EMC2 wrote: »
    I understand In the soon coming update overall dps for all will be nerfed. No more capable of hitting 100K+ dps. Maybe around 80Kdps max? Maybe because ZOS is not happy with people getting the "Godslayer" & more & more will get it. Maybe "Godslayer" is not suppose to be attainable but as a motivation for high end players to try to get it but would be impossible therefore they will continue playing, especially the elite players. The title "Godslayer" meaning is "God" cannot be slayed therefore it will be impossible to get it?

I hit 90k+ with an unoptimize setup(without mythics), so 100k+ should still be possible, plus the new mythic is pretty strong especially in vss. And last path godslayer time were under 24mins so even with a dps nerf its still be more than possible just not that easy.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    DPS nerf? Then why groups already completed in the PTS the three hard modes of the new trial?
    PigofSteel wrote: »
    This is when 2 elite guilds log in just to break records and make couple youtube builds than other mortal players suffer for months.

nuff said
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexi wrote: »

ZOS Designs a dungeon to be completed with gear gained from previous tier of content.

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

Why don't you go do those Vet dungeons with overland and normal dungeon gear and see how it goes.

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?
    Would overland and base game dungeons count as a tier above dungeons?
    Because I can burn through stuff in 4 person fast af with bsw/ms or medusa and 2 piece crit.

It's not tiers of gear, it's tiers of knowledge.
    Knowledge and skill are the key factors in dps in this game, sorry this isn't wow.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, the new update will only affect DPS that run proc sets AND if their SD/WD is lower than 6.5k. Also top end players can easily hit 90k+ DPS. I'm CP 800ish and can reach 86k DPS and I'm by no means a top end player.

• Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?
    Because I can burn through stuff in 4 person fast af with bsw/ms or medusa and 2 piece crit.

Knowledge and skill are the key factors in dps in this game, sorry this isn't wow.

Base game vet dungeons were not designed with weaving and animation cancelling in mind. If they beefed up the HP pools to DLC vet dungeon levels, newbies would get demolished.
    Edited by Hexi on 17 May 2021 13:01
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Base game vet dungeons were not designed with weaving and animation cancelling in mind.

Weaving has been here since day 1.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Base game vet dungeons were not designed with weaving and animation cancelling in mind.

Let's be clear weaving was unintended.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

For what a month at release?
    By the time it hit console it was accepted.
    They even tell you how in load screens
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS does need to be addressed. Rationalize it how you will, if you're doing 100k+ dps, nearly the whole game is trivial to you. That's not good for the game, or for you.

My characters average between 5-10k dps... and overland content is largely trivial to me. If I find things trivial at THAT level of dps... anyone with higher dps is only going to benefit from the top end being pulled back down to reasonable levels.

From what I've seen (and I could be wrong), a large part of the problem is animation canceling. This has allowed people to essentially fire off two attacks at once, more or less DOUBLING dps. Lower level, less experienced/skilled players are not generally able to do this effectively, so eliminating animation cancelling strikes me as a move that would lower the top end without affecting the bottom end substantially.

But, that's just my first take on it. I don't know what they've chosen to do with it.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    DPS does need to be addressed. Rationalize it how you will, if you're doing 100k+ dps, nearly the whole game is trivial to you. That's not good for the game, or for you.

My characters average between 5-10k dps... and overland content is largely trivial to me. If I find things trivial at THAT level of dps... anyone with higher dps is only going to benefit from the top end being pulled back down to reasonable levels.

From what I've seen (and I could be wrong), a large part of the problem is animation canceling. This has allowed people to essentially fire off two attacks at once, more or less DOUBLING dps. Lower level, less experienced/skilled players are not generally able to do this effectively, so eliminating animation cancelling strikes me as a move that would lower the top end without affecting the bottom end substantially.

But, that's just my first take on it. I don't know what they've chosen to do with it.

I don't think you understand animation cancelling at all.
    It doesn't in any way allow you bypass global cooldown.

Are you aware of the hp of final bosses in vkahm and the speed run time with console in mind?
    How about the hp of bosses in hm.of the new trial?
    Sorry to tell you but a certain level of dps is required to achieve speed.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Nobody knew it wasn't a bannable thing to do for a long time. That's not even the point. The dungeon mechanics and enemy HP were not designed with weaving and ani-cancelling with block in mind.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did this really need to turn into an opinion thread with misinformation about weaving and animation canceling? There are plenty of those already.

On the original topic, DPS is looking fine next patch. Just get the kilt and you’ll be about the same as current builds without mythics, maybe a little higher. The only thing that took a large hit was Simmering Frenzy builds with Pale Order, and those were only used for score runs, not achievement attempts.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on 17 May 2021 13:13
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Nobody knew it wasn't a bannable thing to do for a long time. That's not even the point. The dungeon mechanics and enemy HP were not designed with weaving and ani-cancelling with block in mind.

Prove this
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Prove this

I was actually there at launch. Even then, when no one had traits for crafting, and yellow mats were ridiculously hard to come by, the dungeons weren't hard.

They were never designed to be.
    Edited by Hexi on 17 May 2021 13:13
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Prove this

I was actually there at launch. Even then, when no one had traits for crafting, and yellow mats were ridiculously hard to come by, the dungeons weren't hard.

And I have been here since console launch.
    However this isn't in any way shape or form proof.
    You are simply marketing your opinion as fact.
  • jonathanb16_ESO
    jonathanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

I play mother sorrrow(zone drop) and medusa(basegame dungeon) in the new Trail on the pts at the moment and 1pc icehart(basegame dungeon) and 1pc slimecraw(basegame dungeon) , that's gear that can be be easly optained my any player or even bought. In trash i play accuity(craftset) and bsw(basegame dungeon).

All sets i would consider in vet dungeons on a mag toon, are basegame zone or basegame dungeon sets.

In eso you really can't blame your gear for your bad performance, its so easy to obtain best in slot gear. Just Siroria is not super easy to get, but you probably couldn't keep it up anyways.
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    From what I've seen (and I could be wrong), a large part of the problem is animation canceling. This has allowed people to essentially fire off two attacks at once, more or less DOUBLING dps. Lower level, less experienced/skilled players are not generally able to do this effectively, so eliminating animation cancelling strikes me as a move that would lower the top end without affecting the bottom end substantially..

Hi, I've played multiple MMOs at a relatively high level (Operations in SWTOR, Savage raids in FFXIV, Mythic raids in WoW), and all games have something like this.

In WoW and SWTOR it's a stupid short GCD coupled with some oGCD abilities and things like Bloodlust in every piece of high end content so you can Press Buttons Faster(TM). In FFXIV nearly every class (including healers) has some sort of oGCD ability that they should be weaving in (specifically that's where you do most of your healing as a Scholar in that game).

Animation cancelling is merely ESO's method of the same, and while I could understand changing it to something else (my poor mouse's left button), in and of itself it's not a problem.
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

For what a month at release?
    By the time it hit console it was accepted.
    They even tell you how in load screens

Consoles were 1 year after the PC release.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Base game vet dungeons were not designed with weaving and animation cancelling in mind. If they beefed up the HP pools to DLC vet dungeon levels, newbies would get demolished.

Seriously this again, people on the forums have showed dps parses of 80k without light attacks. You dont need to weave or animation cancel for good dps. Weaving was widely accepted before the first expansions (Craglorn and version II of some base game dungeons) were introduced so everything after that designed with weaving in mind, not that it makes such a big difference.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"OMG Y IS GAYME SO EZ?!"

What tiers are there?
    Perfect and non perfect?
    That's like 1k dps?

Seriously this again, people on the forums have showed dps parses of 80k without light attacks. You dont need to weave or animation cancel for good dps. Weaving was widely accepted before the first expansions (Craglorn and version II of some base game dungeons) were introduced so everything after that designed with weaving in mind, not that it makes such a big difference.

Yes it's so "widely accepted" even today that 90% of players have no idea what you're talking about when you mention it.

This game is targeted for casual Elder Scrolls fans, the "average player" isn't good at the game, because they aren't here to be good at the game, and the game needs to be designed and balanced with it's target audience in mind.

If you're looking for a challenge, PvE is not it. Never has been and never will be. They got rid of Vet levels and zones because the vast majority of their playerbase COULD NOT DO IT. The Vet zones were COMPLETELY deserted.
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask to Annul god slayer to all players who do it in patches with dots and 120+ k dps and be happy =)))

I even do not care about achivments some other people want me to achive, only care about my own.

House of pain - fort of Molak Ball - to build =)))
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for a challenge, PvE is not it. Never has been and never will be. They got rid of Vet levels and zones because the vast majority of their playerbase COULD NOT DO IT. The Vet zones were COMPLETELY deserted.

While I welcome the changes that One Tamriel brought and I LOVE the CP system, as I think it's a massive improvement over vet levels, this is incorrect.

Vet zones weren't deserted at all (in fact, I personally basically lived in Craglorn at the time). The change was more that non-endgame zones ended up deserted (a la WoW), and this helped make the whole game more vibrant.