The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm playing Breton because I want to be a handsome Altmer!

• SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    Pro-Tip: If you have an appearance or race-change token, you can start the change to screenshot the sliders on any existing char, then abandon the change without consuming the token.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro-Tip: If you have an appearance or race-change token, you can start the change to screenshot the sliders on any existing char, then abandon the change without consuming the token.
    That's the main reason I buy these tokens lol
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's because of the darker skin tones, but I find it rather easy to make realistic looking Imperials and Redguards characters compared to the ones with lighter skin tones

I really love the woman's face on the right upper picture <3 Beautiful!

I have Khajiit magblade whom I want to change to Altmer for years... But he has black hair as Khajiit, and he must have black hair as Altmer to keep at least part of his original look. Sadly, players can't have black hair on their Altmer (only NPCs can tease us with it) :/ I was even considering making him Breton for black hair, but I don't really like male Breton faces... So he remains Khajiit :D

I like certain female Breton faces though. Dark make-up is a must have for my taste, because it emphasizes the eyes and visually "changes" the form of lips. My magnecro:

Rw75QJ3.jpg

Her face looks different with other types of make-up, and with no make-up at all:

gVwenbw.png

How my khajiit magplar would look if I changed her to Breton (no make-up in this case):

foQuE8T.jpg

My second favourite is one of Imperial female faces (with darker make-up to emphasize eyes). My stamnecro:

zwicE6U.jpg

If I ever decide to change my khajiit stamblade into Imperial, she will look like this:

LaJzoAA.jpg
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there are good-looking bretons (for example, Madearn), I prefer altmer faces:
    9cEo51z.jpg
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if ESO kept the look of elves from Skyrim they'd be the least played races. I was floored that Skyrim actually put those creatures in that game. Might as well have made Falmer playable.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I must be one of the few who really likes the look of Skyrim's Altmer, though I admit I do have a texture mod to smooth out their complexion a little. They have such a distinctive look - not conventionally attractive by any means; quite the opposite of the Bretons, who look pleasant but a little bland.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I can´t stand is the damm beard shadow all male characters get. Is it so difficult to get a nice clean-shaven look in Tamriel?
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Altmer female is very beautiful, well she was, may be more accurate.

maSvwXM.jpg

I may cure her, its been a long time like that, and she is only stage one. ;)
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find Imperials the prettiest; they can be soft or angular and still look great whereas Bretons have less flexibility (plus you get so many people that do the all soft, big lipped, big breasted cliche).
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also think altmer look the best. Nords are the only iffy looking race to me in ESO
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost my entire magicka roster has been Breton because I can't stand playing with races that look so ugly to me, like altmers and dunmers lol
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think altmer look the best. Nords are the only iffy looking race to me in ESO

Its the Nords females for me. You can adjust the males well enough but females seem to go from manly features to blow up doll faces and they're eyes don't seem quite attached to their heads.
    Almost my entire magicka roster has been Breton because I can't stand playing with races that look so ugly to me, like altmers and dunmers lol

Oh I beg to different about altmer females who can look quite good. Dunmer females even better especially with the right coloring. Smallest waist, wider hips than the normal setting and not too much backside give Dunmer females the best look to me. Even though I'm almost positive the actual sliders for the body shape is the same on every race the actual clothing or costumes seems to fit differently. With the elven faces its all about the eyebrow. On the others the eyebrow has no affect on the face but with the elves you can have normal faces or faces with metal rods that run under the skin with an eyebrow choice.

Of all the races, its the animal ones I struggle with the most in playing. I can't get over asking myself how are these lizards and cats speaking English so well without lips. But I quite like my Khajiit now and thought with various crown items my female Khajiit came out quite nice looking. I think its white gold eyeshadow or something looks really good on her. To me. But they got no lips so how do they speak again? I'm confused on that.
  • black_lady666
    black_lady666
    ✭✭✭

Well, am i ugly enough for you? :p
    20210408001958-1-5.jpg
    Grand Overlady/Former Empress Lady Nefertari Naraya Elenya Aldmeri
    Your typical AD "Mehsorc" since *2017 ;P
    PC EU
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The males of any race got short shrift in this game, facewise. Bretons are the most tolerable to me, followed by Imperials. I see where you get the goblin-y thing with Altmer--specifically "Green Goblin", with that nose, the chin, the ear size and the slant of the eyes. I don't like the nose at all, I can't find a bridge shape that appeals to me because it seems to go straight from extremely hooked to extremely dished. And the wrinkly skins...yeah. No. And Bosmer are so much worse, every single male Bosmer looks like he has slept outside in extreme weather and bright sunlight since infancy. You'd expect better skin from someone with a high-fat/zero carb diet. Dunmer with their Star Trek bumpyheads are my least favorite, I just cannot get that tamed enough to be attractive to me. Nords have either a lantern jaw or a mile of upper lip.

The only thing that annoys me with male Bretons is that there is no skin that isn't hairy. You can make a prettyboy face but there's no variation in body hair.

I'm not really in love with the non-human, non-mer either because of the shape of the Khajiit skull being weird on a human neck and the general blockiness of Argonians. I would have liked more snout variation in Argonians and more delicate morphs on Khajiit males.

All the females are better. Dunmer females get to almost not have a scrub-board for a forehead, even orc women can be made with a less extreme underbite and the shape of the lips can mitigate what's left. They get nicer skin, too. Khajiit females have appropriately sized eyes for kittycats even without maxing them, Argonian females can be given a nice tapered face.

I guess they all have their foibles. And it obviously would depend a lot on the aesthetic preferences of the player! Some of us are into rugged and craggy, some of us are into bishounen, and this game leans heavily toward the former with all of their males.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    The males of any race got short shrift in this game, facewise. (...) All the females are better.
    I agree with this statement 100%. In pretty much every race the females look better than the males, at least face-wise.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    And Bosmer are so much worse, every single male Bosmer looks like he has slept outside in extreme weather and bright sunlight since infancy. You'd expect better skin from someone with a high-fat/zero carb diet.

If there is too much sunlight, even a special diet doesn't help anymore, just think of people who visited the solarium a bit too often... :D

• bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an Altmer and Bosmer alt of mine. They're both pretty good looking. Can't be having ugly alts. The Altmer one used to be a Breton till I race changed him..... Eldanor.png
    Llucus.png
  • vallisas
    vallisas
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, having made males from all of the races it's easiest to make a good looking Breton of any complexion. Darien and Jakarn two of the best looking men in this whole game are both Bretons afterall. However unlike you, I found it fairly easy to make a good looking High elf as opposed to the other races of man. I was saddened by how derpy most Nord males look, sometimes you come across a decent one, but most of them look like a parody lol. I think Imperials might be second for humans, but sometimes they have this old look about them. Adontus was very good looking though.

My Breton is my favorite i've made

IrjNVTO.png
    FIlazpo.png
    WmoCKoi.png
    OAwOEzf.png
    JfWPbIz.png