The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 30 - Bug Reports for Companions

• jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot "position" companions. Not sure what "button 3" is supposed to be on an Xbox controller, but nothing I have tried results in the companion picking a target.
    As far as I can tell there is no mechanism for positioning companions. There is only;
    Attack
    Stand Down
    Use Ultimate
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot "position" companions. Not sure what "button 3" is supposed to be on an Xbox controller, but nothing I have tried results in the companion picking a target.
    As far as I can tell there is no mechanism for positioning companions. There is only;
    Attack
    Stand Down
    Use Ultimate

@jwellsub17_ESO2 This is what I'm referring to from PTS Patch Notes 7.0.0
    While companions will always attempt to engage in combat to support you, utilizing pet commands allows you to direct the companion to engage with specific targets or to pull back, respectively.

By default, hold Y and left or right clicking on mouse and keyboard, or press L3+R3 along with the left or right bumper on gamepad.

I assumed L3+r3 to be sticks, did not work. Tried with Triggers - did not work. Can't be bumpers because there's a special callout. I tried the same combinations on live... all I got were my Sorc pets extra attacks, since they are slotted on bumpers.

Trying LS+RS on PTS yields crouch or tab target. NOT companion Ultimate, even with "auto ultimate" turned OFF. ZOS is again hamstringing gamepad ui. Because only a bunch of people who left console and us old people with bad joints use it.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on 17 May 2021 22:00
  • Phyyyyer
    Phyyyyer
    Soul Shriven
    Agalloch wrote: »
    I bet no one will use companions after a month.

not true for me. My Bastian is a beast.
  • Phyyyyer
    Phyyyyer
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if this is intended or not, but this happens to me when I'm in Deshaan. When I get near the Mundus stone 'The Lord' he goes away. It's doesn't seem like its really the stone that is affecting it, it seems like it's the area anywhere around that point all the way up to Shad Astula. I can summon him back after he leaves, but then he will despawn again in a few seconds.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still testing Bastian's controls - if the gamepad keybinds are set to default, pressing LS+RS yields the message "Bastian Hallix cannot use their ultimate right now" - even when full AND in combat AND not casting other skills.
    Yes, on PS4 I also cannot use Bastian's Ultimate most of the time. Bug report:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577966/ps4-bastians-ultimate-cannot-be-used-99-of-the-time

And when replacing S&B with a Frost Staff for tanking, the Frost Staff loses aggro. Bug report:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577973/companion-frost-staff-loses-aggro-because-of-bad-time-setting

Edited by BalticBlues on 20 June 2021 03:53