The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 30 - Bug Reports for Companions

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got Bastian (after doing the quest for him) and played for a couple of hours with him, overland in several regions fighting trash mobs and world bosses. I also took him into a dungeon (Crypt of Hearts) where I killed the first 2 bosses before heading to bed. Bastian died very early in most fights, but he helped a teesy bit. What is puzzling, though, is that he got absolutely no drops of any gear for the entire time we played together. Surely they should get a drop when we kill a boss, at least?! Having naught but his starting gear did *not* help his effectiveness or his survivability.

Although I love the idea of having a companion, the implementation is super disappointing.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took Mirri all through Sanguine's Demesne, which is daedric AND a public dungeon. Killed every single boss, went down every single hallway. It never unlocked that part of the achieve to increase Mirri's rapport.
    jck20qcdt0q6.png
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bastian unlocked the "Share the Wealth" achievement (equip him with something of purple rarity) when I only gave him a blue dropped lightning staff. That did also count for the 'Equip Bastian with something purple' in the Brother-in-Arms achievement

He did NOT seem to recognize when I took him to Eyevea.
    Edited by tomofhyrule on 21 April 2021 23:00
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I took Mirri all through Sanguine's Demesne, which is daedric AND a public dungeon. Killed every single boss, went down every single hallway. It never unlocked that part of the achieve to increase Mirri's rapport.
    jck20qcdt0q6.png

I can confirm that neither Sanguine's Demesne nor Mehrunes' Spite checks this off. Not sure whether to spend more time visiting other places or if the whole sub-achievement just isn't implemented yet.
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    When riding somewhere companions tend to often do some pirouettes,
    which is probably a result of pathfinding issues.

I dont know if that idea has any usage, but why not just tell the companion to take the exact same way the player took.
    He/She wants to get where we are anyways.
    So just copy our behaviour, like speed, sprint and jumping when riding/running somewhere.
    If this could be implemented this might solve the pathfinding issues and funny behaviour.

Ofcourse their could be some additions. Say if the player jumps for no reason, the companion just keeps on riding and skips the jump :)

• ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    Constantly getting a "Slot is not unlocked" warning.
    After slotting some skills for my companion.

wjljtq8xxuq8.png
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    As an addition:

Checking later, the skills on 3 and 4 where gone again.

So maybe the warning wasnt a bug, but than being able to put skills on those slots was a bug.
    At least the abilities stayed in those slots until Mirri had a level up.

So eighter way, something here is not right.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »
    My companion reached level 4 and then every time something died, it would ding that the companion had leveled up. It wouldn't stop until a relog.

Also, I'd suggest that the companions riding speed matches the character's speed. It's really distracting to have the companion health bar keep disappearing and reappearing in the top left hand corner because it got too far from the character.

i noticed the top bit as well, it was extremely annoying.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Chimeraling
    Chimeraling
    ✭✭
    I've been mostly testing out Mirri but here's what I've encountered with her so far:

- As others have mentioned, after reaching level 4, every enemy killed prompts repeated "level up" dings. Checking Mirri's EXP tells me she has over 4 million exp out of 12,500. It's worth mentioning that a relog fixed this, so I don't have a screenshot handy.

- The dialogue for the "info" and "relationship status" options is very quiet. Turning up every option in the game to 100% volume doesn't increase this. Even with my computer at max volume it's hard to hear her. All of her other dialogue is fine, but choosing those makes her practically whisper.

- Sometimes she doesn't use her weapon. She just fights with her fists despite having a weapon equipped. A relog fixes this as well.

- (QUEST SPOILER) For the quest "A Mother's Obsession", the quest objective "Go to the Inner Sea Armature" doesn't complete and I can't progress the quest. I've tried relogging, abandoning the quest and starting again, exiting and re-entering the delve... Nothing works. Here's a screenshot of the issue:
    nlati46449cg.png

I submitted a bug report about the last one but I thought it was worth mentioning here regardless.
    PC/NA: Elyria Indavel, AD Dark Elf magplar, main DD ⋆ Miryne Elinith, DC Dark Elf nightblade, main healer ⋆ Sayani al-Elinhir, DC Redguard DK, main tank
    PC/EU: Elyria Indavel, AD Dark Elf magplar, main DD ⋆ Rivani Andaryn, EP Dark Elf warden, main healer ⋆ Nolinawen, AD High Elf sorcerer, main tank

"For the Queen!"
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I essentially cleared all of Blackwood with Mirri, however I JUST got the 'Seasoned Friendship" achievement ("Adventure with any companion") today when I cleared my first dolmen with her in Bangkorai for a Fighter's Guild quest. Not sure if that's working as intended, since we cleared all the Blackwood delves and a number of Deadlands portals together and I never unlocked that until now.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I completed and handed in quests for the mages guild, the fighters guild, and the undaunted all with Mirri active, but those skill lines still aren't unlocked for her.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once Mirri dismounted to fight some people and from that point on, she would never mount back up again. Had to relog to fix it.
    Edited by Cireous on 23 April 2021 00:03
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on 20 April 2022 16:52
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know whether this is intended, but the tooltip for Bastian's ultimate skill gives a cost of 170 ultimate when he's with a sorcerer (who has an ultimate cost reduction passive), vs. 200 on other classes.

Also, feedback: Please tell us what companions' rate of ultimate gain generally is.
  • Merca
    Merca
    Companions are made haltingly, they should not occupy a whole slot instead of one player in the group. A maximum of a third of the slot so that three players and three companions can play together. And why only two satellites, why in the initial quest cannot be chosen from two options? For example, a woman from Sirodil or a man. In another quest, a woman dunmer or a man dunmer. Be more democratic in their game. This totalitarianism in the game has already tortured.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I died fighting a boss in the deadlands, when I rezed Bastian was down, I fought the boss again Bastian stood up but didn't do anything.

The continued for the rest of my time in the deadlands. Bastian would appear to be downed when I jumped through a portal but stand up and do nothing when I fight started. I could not interact with him until I managed to solo my way through the deadlands.
  • Batgirl32
    Batgirl32
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting notifications in Bastion's Equipment that he has items available via checkmark notification (image 1). However, when I open the equipment screen, he has no new items available (image 2). Even when I select the specific item, it still does not remove the check mark, even if I try unequipping and reequipping the only item he has available.
    eeof6i519w6c.png
    6txuqv4863wj.png

• Batgirl32
    Batgirl32
    ✭✭✭
    Visited Eyevea with Bastion for the Bastion's Favour Achievement "Visit Eyevea with Bastion," but it did not unlock. Also, why is there a wayshrine in Eyevea if I cannot access it from my Locations when I am outside Eyevea?
    9wtxp109hle8.png
    dc0q7x6t2sbu.png

• Batgirl32
    Batgirl32
    ✭✭✭
    Completed one of each with Bastion and handed them in with Bastion - Fighter's Guild Daily, Mages's Guild Daily and Bolgrul Undaunted Daily. He did not receive any experience when I handed them in and it did not unlock the skill lines for him.

Also, I noticed that some of the boxes to slot skills unlock overtime, However, this is not clear. Perhaps if they were greyed out a bit so that you knew they weren't available.
  • Batgirl32
    Batgirl32
    ✭✭✭
    Which areas or zones were you in with your companion? Shadowfen

What types of gameplay were you doing with your companion? Dolmens for Fighter's Guild daily quest

During the battle at one dolmen, Bastion died, and then suddenly I kept repeated notifications of him leveling up, so I checked the overview screen to see he had somehow earned almost 5 billion exp (image 1). So we ported to a different area of Shadowfen and the exp reset back to normal (image 2)

7d2dhgsoajuw.png
    imo7w8insc3w.png
  • Batgirl32
    Batgirl32
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to get Bastian the achievement "Fashionable Friend." I received the notification that his outfit was changed on the screen when in the Outfit Station (image 1), however it did not unlock the achievement in my Journal (image 2)

dtw6eo3bqi3g.png
    deebzrl76v6u.png
  • Batgirl32
    Batgirl32
    ✭✭✭
    Went to try to get the achievement for placing a Companion in my house (Bastian), but there was no option nor did he appear in any of the categories to place him.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone found a way to start the Guild skill-lines yet?

I took Mirri to the public dungeon in Blackwood, in case the achievement was currently only working in the new zone. No luck there either.

Am I right in assuming that the companions' second and third quests unlock with Rapport level? Since I'm letting that operate naturally, I may not have triggered them yet.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This applies to companion gear:

It shows up in the Transmute UI (I don't think it should) but it cannot itself be transmuted (This seems intended). You can choose a trait and click on Apply but it doesn't go through, doesn't consume gems or change the trait of the gear. The UI is frozen but you can back out (with the Esc key) to reset it.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • NakedPoorNord
    EXP bar of companions completely bugged and to see real numbers you need ro re-zone

but its just visual bugs

another one

why after 11 lvl it required much less exp, its intended?

Level Experience for Next Level
    1 500
    2 1500
    3 3500
    4 7000
    5 12500
    6 19500
    7 27500
    8 36100
    9 45200
    10 54600
    11 10000
  • NakedPoorNord
    so its how companion exp looks like
    also Achievement Summon companion at max level isnt working

JW33fac.png

• Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way to start the Guild skill-lines yet?

I took Mirri to the public dungeon in Blackwood, in case the achievement was currently only working in the new zone. No luck there either.

Am I right in assuming that the companions' second and third quests unlock with Rapport level? Since I'm letting that operate naturally, I may not have triggered them yet.

Did fighters/mages/undaunted quests with Mirri; none of the skill lines unlocked for me.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fcy2kdlzozxd.png

This may be me being pedantic, but if the cooldown's *reduced* by a *negative* percentage, doesn't that mean that the cooldown's actually *increased*?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u0lcot5oaw37.png

While Mirri mentions liking wine a lot, to date neither crafting nor ingesting nor doing anything with wine has pinged the rapport notification for her.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    I complite guilds daylie quests with Bastian (fighters guild dolmens, mages relic and Undaunted Bolgurs Delve) and anyone guild skills of my companion dont unblock. They still unavaliable after first daylies.
    what you need to fully level and unlock one companion might be:
    • 1 quest to originally unlock them.
    • 2 quests to build rapport.
    • 110 repeatable daily quests each for the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted skill lines.
    • 1-2 million or so combat XP.

Daily Quests only:
      • Undaunted Bolgrul quests give a version of Blood Altar.
      • Mages Guild quests give a skill much like the resto HoT (and having more than one seems appropriate).
      • Fighters Guild quests give a damage reduction circle.

OMG. ZOS, please unlock these skills by doing these quests the FIRST time.
    Having to do HUNDREDS OF BORING QUESTS TO UNLOCK is A REASON NOT TO USE companions.

Edited by BalticBlues on 25 April 2021 06:15