Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If we are not getting custom Sorc summons, move the twilight to the other side.

• Reinfarcements
    Reinfarcements
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the Year-End stream. Still nothing on this. We've mentioned high effort solutions to this (new models for summons) and we've mentioned low-effort solutions (Move Twilight to the left side and Clanfear to the right, perhaps push Twilight further away from player as well). I really hope this gets acknowledged as a problem soon and some sort of solution is cooked up for us.
  • Reinfarcements
    Reinfarcements
    ✭✭✭
    Something else I thought of was perhaps the order in which you have your summons on the ability bar could affect where they spawn. For instance if Twilight is before the Clanfear, it will spawn on the left instead, while Clanfear is on the right. This idea could extend to the Necro with the skeletal mage and the healing wraith. This would give players greater customization while also potentially fixing this issue.
    Edited by Reinfarcements on 8 October 2021 16:56
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the damm thing out of my line of sight!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are non-problems and there really doesn't need to be more incentives to play petsorcs, in fact I believe there should be fewer incentives to play them. Set your camera to zoom your character to the right of your screen and your twilight summon won't intrude on the screen (you can even zoom so far in that it disappears from your screen entirely).
    Edited by Bat on 11 October 2021 11:06
  • Reinfarcements
    Reinfarcements
    ✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    These are non-problems and there really doesn't need to be more incentives to play pet sorcs, in fact I believe there should be fewer incentives to play them. Set your camera to zoom your character to the right of your screen and your twilight summon won't intrude on the screen (you can even zoom so far in that it disappears from your screen entirely).

Non-problems? You believe there should be fewer incentives to play pet sorc?

Right so we got someone who got hurt by some pet sorcs and now hates them. I'm not even going to get into how incredibly unwise it would be to have something like a pet blocking your screen being some sort of "gameplay decision" to discourage players from playing as a pet sorc. Instead I'm going to move on straight to your other statement.

The camera is by DEFAULT on the right shoulder of your character. This is also the more common (by a long shot) side to put the camera in video games period, not just eso. This is what most people prefer and it is what they are used too, on top of that, the DEFAULT setting should not have glaring issues like a pet flapping its wings on your eyeballs.

So please, instead of trying to get revenge on a playstyle you don't like, make your own thread about pet sorc balance (if you even truly believe its an issue) rather than stick around here trying to discredit our requests.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The camera is by DEFAULT on the right shoulder of your character.

So ZOS should cater thoroughly to petsorcs and have everyone who isn't a petsorc have the sorcpets being all over *their* screens instead? Your proposed solution would cause even bigger problems than the one which you already have the means to solve by yourself. Just use the tools already at your disposal and change the horizontal zoom. It's a non-problem. Petsorcs would be shunned in trials if they changed this.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So ZOS should cater thoroughly to petsorcs and have everyone who isn't a petsorc have the sorcpets being all over *their* screens instead? Your proposed solution would cause even bigger problems than the one which you already have the means to solve by yourself. Just use the tools already at your disposal and change the horizontal zoom. It's a non-problem. Petsorcs would be shunned in trials if they changed this.

I don't understand. How does moving the twilight to the left make it worse for other players? With the twilight on the right, I have to deal with MULTIPLE TWILIGHTS in my line of sight, especially in a trial stack. Having them on the left would be a small gift!

Non-pet magsorc here. Not just because I hate flappy bird, but I hate the playstyle she makes me adopt. Flappy bird on the left wouldn't make her suddenly appealing to me.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have an invisible Twilight. The wings are driving me insane!! SHE'S A MISERABLE, FLYING *insert word*!
    The flapping wings make my eyes hurt because no matter how I zoom, they're sill there, flapping away on my screen!

PLEASE ZOS, REMODEL THE DAMN THING!!! I don't mind paying crowns for it! I despise the damn thing despise needing it!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That right shoulder thing bugs the heck out of me. In ESO, I have moved it. Maybe that is why pets are only an occasional problem for me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand. How does moving the twilight to the left make it worse for other players? With the twilight on the right, I have to deal with MULTIPLE TWILIGHTS in my line of sight, especially in a trial stack. Having them on the left would be a small gift!

Maybe an example can help; Sunspire trials, you'll preferably put petsorcs on the right stack of the second dragon as to not be a nuisance for everyone. If the pets were instead on the left, they'd be a nuisance for everyone on the middle stack. If you put petsorcs on the middle stack, their pets would be a nuisance to the tank.

Fact of the matter is; sorcpets will not be any less of a nuisance by painting them in other colours or moving them to petsorcs' left sides. The best we can do is work around the ways in which they are implemented and if one is bothered by one's own sorcpets, tough luck, maybe try playing another class, or get used to playing the petsorc with the camera over the left shoulder as that is a tool which is readily at our disposal. Non-problem.
  • Reinfarcements
    Reinfarcements
    ✭✭✭

Maybe an example can help; Sunspire trials, you'll preferably put petsorcs on the right stack of the second dragon as to not be a nuisance for everyone. If the pets were instead on the left, they'd be a nuisance for everyone on the middle stack. If you put petsorcs on the middle stack, their pets would be a nuisance to the tank.

Right so the vast majority of players who don't do trials should have to deal with a nuisance at all times so a very small amount of trial players, and even smaller number of trial players who actually even care about the pet sorcs placement, don't have to deal with them just during trials?

How about instead of saying too bad play as another class to the vast majority of players, we instead tell this very small number of picky trial players to just not allow pet sorcs into their trial?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much sales of crown crates would increase if Zenimax put skins for combat pets into the crates.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how some complain about pet sorcs while playing them. Theres a lot of other classes or you could just not use them...

Wish they would make the twilights at the very least look different so you can tell what morph they are. They do need more animations too. Twilight npcs already have standing/roosting animations when not flying.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Reinfarcements
    Reinfarcements
    ✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Funny how some complain about pet sorcs while playing them. Theres a lot of other classes or you could just not use them...

I will never understand how some of you keep coming up with this as some sort of justification. This is not a deliberate gameplay design decision that I don't like. This is not some fundamental element of the Sorc class that I don't like. This is not me trying to change the intended gameplay of a class to better fit my preference.

This is a visual eyesore that can easily be fixed that has been annoying many of us for 5 plus years. This is my favorite class, so no I'd rather not "just not use" my favorite class because of something that is annoying. I will however ask ZOS to improve the quality of life of my favorite class, especially when it will have zero gameplay balance implications, its purely a visual issue. It doesn't take long to see I'm not the only Sorc player who feels this way.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to say. So say the Templar spear spammable lit the screen-up white like a flashbang with every tick of the ability. Would you tell everyone to stop playing Templars or would you ask ZOS to fix it? This is a more extreme example but is very much in the same category of what I'm trying to say here.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The developer response has been that they trialled skins with the Warden Bear skin. The thought wasn't finished, but the implication is that it wasn't popular enough to warrant more.

Its an interesting observation. To what degree does thinking "a slate grey recolour in a package of other stuff you don't care about is not appealing" correspond to "we don't want reskins"?

I just hope that if they do give it another chance one day that they do something lore-appropriate. I'm really fatigued with anything lore-based getting shunted off for the sake of grind or convenience, and for me, a lot of the stupid, shiny, flashy mmo-ified crap just doesn't cut it. There's like 25 years worth of inspiration to mine.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on 15 October 2021 14:20
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really getting tired of wings in my face all the time. I can't be the only one.

This is the main reason I stopped using any pet on my Sorcerer, the second reason being that there is no direct way to dismiss them.
    PCNA
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »

I will never understand how some of you keep coming up with this as some sort of justification. This is not a deliberate gameplay design decision that I don't like. This is not some fundamental element of the Sorc class that I don't like. This is not me trying to change the intended gameplay of a class to better fit my preference.

This is a visual eyesore that can easily be fixed that has been annoying many of us for 5 plus years. This is my favorite class, so no I'd rather not "just not use" my favorite class because of something that is annoying. I will however ask ZOS to improve the quality of life of my favorite class, especially when it will have zero gameplay balance implications, its purely a visual issue. It doesn't take long to see I'm not the only Sorc player who feels this way.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to say. So say the Templar spear spammable lit the screen-up white like a flashbang with every tick of the ability. Would you tell everyone to stop playing Templars or would you ask ZOS to fix it? This is a more extreme example but is very much in the same category of what I'm trying to say here.

Vent if you need to, but that wasn't directed at you. Just those who want to remove pets altogether. I even said they could take steps like a landing animation so that they aren't flying at all times.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fact of the matter is; sorcpets will not be any less of a nuisance by painting them in other colours or moving them to petsorcs' left sides. The best we can do is work around the ways in which they are implemented and if one is bothered by one's own sorcpets, tough luck, maybe try playing another class, or get used to playing the petsorc with the camera over the left shoulder as that is a tool which is readily at our disposal. Non-problem.

Okay, I get it for that particular example, thanks for explaining. In the majority of circumstances, however, all of the DPS will be in one stack, and there's usually enough space between the tanks and DPS, so to me it seems like the twilights are a nuisance to most DPS most of the time.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right so the vast majority of players who don't do trials should have to deal with a nuisance at all times so a very small amount of trial players, and even smaller number of trial players who actually even care about the pet sorcs placement, don't have to deal with them just during trials?

How about instead of saying too bad play as another class to the vast majority of players, we instead tell this very small number of picky trial players to just not allow pet sorcs into their trial?

There was a lot to unpack here and I don't know where to start exactly, but here's a try;

You don't have to deal with the nuisance of your sorcpets at all, not even as a solo player. You can do these things: Unsummon your pets when you don't need them. Change the camera positioning. Build a sorcerer that doesn't rely on pets to play the game for you. That's three things that you can do with no effort at all in order to entirely avoid being inconvenienced by your flappies and squeekies.

The vast majority of players play other classes. According to recent forum polling, which I would assume you base your beliefs on, the sorcerer player base is 29% of players. That's less than 50%. Meaning, less than the majority.

To disallow sorcerers in trials entirely would be unwise as they bring class group buffs that are rather essential to have in trials.

This is how it is, if it bothers you too much to play a petsorc, you can always refer to paragraph 1.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why the Matriarch and Tormentor look the same. They are two different pets.

Definitely need more customization.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 16 October 2021 02:16
    PC NA
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There was a lot to unpack here and I don't know where to start exactly, but here's a try;

You don't have to deal with the nuisance of your sorcpets at all, not even as a solo player. You can do these things: Unsummon your pets when you don't need them. Change the camera positioning. Build a sorcerer that doesn't rely on pets to play the game for you. That's three things that you can do with no effort at all in order to entirely avoid being inconvenienced by your flappies and squeekies.

The vast majority of players play other classes. According to recent forum polling, which I would assume you base your beliefs on, the sorcerer player base is 29% of players. That's less than 50%. Meaning, less than the majority.

To disallow sorcerers in trials entirely would be unwise as they bring class group buffs that are rather essential to have in trials.

This is how it is, if it bothers you too much to play a petsorc, you can always refer to paragraph 1.

Naughty forum! That wasn't my quote!
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Ugh sorry about that, still learning to clip things.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Ugh sorry about that, still learning to clip things.

It's okay. 🤣 If I had a dime for every time I did something silly related to quoting on here...
  • Reinfarcements
    Reinfarcements
    ✭✭✭

Again how is "don't play as that class" or "don't use that ability" or "unsummon the pet after every fight (I'm a console player btw, definitely not doing this)." acceptable solutions to a visual issue with a skill? How about instead it just gets fixed to please the VAST MAJORITY of pet sorc players? If you were suggesting these steps as a temporary fix until ZOS fixes this that would be one thing, but you seem to think these are acceptable permanent solutions, which they are not.

When it comes to the camera, again I'll say the DEFAULT view should be the optimal playing experience when it comes to avoiding visual issues and issues in general really. Right now when it comes to playing as a pet sorc it is nearly the least optimal option. Most pet sorc players are not going to want to mess with their camera to just to fix this skill.

And when I said the majority of players I thought it could safely be assumed I was talking specifically about pet sorcs since that was what we were talking about. I have never believed that over 50% of the entire player base played as a pet sorc, I'm not sure who would believe that. But there you go, thats clarified. I also never said trial players should ban all sorcs if they have an issue with the pet, I said pet sorcs specifically.
  • Reinfarcements
    Reinfarcements
    ✭✭✭
    I think addressing this issue would be a nice thing to start the new year too. Just sayin.
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that the default position of the twilight was out of my field of view. I agree with OP.
    It's very distracting and literally hurts my eyes to constantly have flappy wings in my face or directly in front of NPCs I'm talking to.
    (I am a Mag-Sorc main)
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, dear ZOS! I love playing a pet sorc, and I love my Matriarch, but her flapping wings give me a headache.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one reason why my Sorcerer doesn't use any pets.
    PCNA
This discussion has been closed.