The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Volendrung Achievements not happening

SekaiXD
SekaiXD
✭✭
As a fairly new player to Cyrodiil, it's exciting when Volendrung appears. Two days ago I was on my newest character (level 20-something then) and I finally got to wield Volendrung. I picked it up at its spawn point and killed a few opponents with it before logging out so that a guildmate (who doesn't run at a snail's pace) could wield it. I have also helped to kill the wielder a couple of times before, and once picked it up after killing them. BTW I'm playing in Ravenwatch no-CP.

I found out that there's a furnishing item from the Achievement vendor, but when I went to purchase it, it stated I had neither of the required achievements, Volendrung wielder or Volendrung Vanquisher.

Is there a minimum number of opponents you have to kill to get the wielder achievement? Do I have to kill the wielder all by myself, which I doubt happens to anyone since everyone swarms to the hammer? Am I the only one not getting these achievments? What am I doing wrong?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to get the killing blow for the Vanquisher achievement.

I can't speak to the Wielder one.
  • jmccormick
    jmccormick
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue....a year later and still no achievement even if dealing the killing blow...:(
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

both of those should only trigger when you are the one getting the killing blow

i already have the achievements from when volendrung was first added and thats how it worked then (wielder had to get killing blow on a target, slayer had to get killing blow on the one using volendrung)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

both of those should only trigger when you are the one getting the killing blow

i already have the achievements from when volendrung was first added and thats how it worked then (wielder had to get killing blow on a target, slayer had to get killing blow on the one using volendrung)

Good to know! Sorry to hear it sounds like this has bugged out in the past two years :(
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have dealt the killing blow while wielding Volendrung and have dealt the killing blow to someone wielding it. Multiple times. And still don’t have the achievement.

I got it on another account before they changed the “kill players” quests to not only count the killing blows but ever since that was changed it seems to have been bugged. You know, for two years or so.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i thought i would get it last night but now i dont know if i didnt get it because of a bug or because of maybe not getting the killing blow

this is a frustrating achievement
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.