The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does summon shade proc olorime?

Deep_01
Deep_01
✭✭✭✭
Can someone with the gear test if summon shade (the stationary archer active skill from nightblade class) can proc olorime's major courage buff? Would save me farming nCR just to test :)
Edited by Deep_01 on 6 March 2021 07:56
@Deepan on PC-EU
  • Argonianv2
    Olorime procs by your aoes. Templar shard, DK ash cloud, caltrops from assasult etc.
    Taunts-Like-Permablock
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Although this was answered, I think that OP was asking if the shade DW'er spin-attack causes Olorime to proc. Technically a spin attack is an AoE, so maybe. I don't have this set, so maybe OP can try and find out still.

Another test would be if a Sorc's Scamp familiar (AoE bursts) does the same thing.
    Edited by Syrpynt on 12 June 2021 14:35
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I had to hazard a guess, I would say no. Traditionally, proc condtions for sets that require an ability, require said ability, at its core, to be of the catagory at the tooltip level for which the proc condition is asking for.

Shade at first pass is a minion skill, which is why it triggers things like necropotence. Upon activation, it is it's own entity. Sets like olorime do a check upon ability activition, of which shade is not an aoe ability.

On the contrary though, I'm fairly certain, things that boost aoe damage, will boost shades minor maim cleave. I believe this is because that is not a proc condition check, but rather a overall damage buff from all things that are sourced from you that fall into the damage catagory.

This is a toilet seat post so I cant check in game, but that is how the game has been coded for other sets in the past.

But while this is none of my business, shade is better suited for NB tanks than NB healers, the later of which would be using olorime, and most assuredly using springs or refreshing path anyways, so the proc condition is covered.

In pvp, if you need to source minor courage, spc is the better choice.
    Edited by exeeter702 on 12 June 2021 18:27
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Although this was answered, I think that OP was asking if the shade DW'er spin-attack causes Olorime to proc. Technically a spin attack is an AoE, so maybe. I don't have this set, so maybe OP can try and find out still.

Another test would be if a Sorc's Scamp familiar (AoE bursts) does the same thing.

Olorime procs from "abilities that leave an effect on the ground", not from AoE in general, so it wouldn't be procced by a spin attack even if it wasn't coming from a pet.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭

Olorime procs from "abilities that leave an effect on the ground", not from AoE in general, so it wouldn't be procced by a spin attack even if it wasn't coming from a pet.

Ah yes! "Ground effect" specifically. Then no, I agree it would not work with Shade.