The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Updates to Guild Trader Swap Times

• brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    The problem I can see with this is that other things seem to go wrong on Tuesdays and with this change there is a good chance that we will have more than 1 problem to cope with!
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭

An in-game message to GM's would have been nice... Here I got all worked up about not having the money back for failed bids.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would require some thought about how and what to communicate, and you can't expect that during QuakeCon. (Or probably, anytime else.)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JPS wrote: »
    An in-game message to GM's would have been nice... Here I got all worked up about not having the money back for failed bids.

How can you be a GM and not follow the official forums ?
    You don't have to read all and everything, but it doesn't take much time to follow the "dev tracker", and then you know pretty much everything you need to know as a GM.
    I wouldn't like to be spammed ingame with dev announcements.
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    Holding my breath!
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    Went to two traders that had no guild listed and only had the option bid and hire. Tried hiring them and it said this trader was already hired. Xbox na
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by shalalaA7X on 11 August 2020 20:50
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, minor thing.. Are you ever going to add a text search bar in the Guild Finder? It's confusing to not have it there, and I'm trying to find a specific guild (that I know the name of) to find their new trader, if any.

(Edit: Also, maybe a way to contact the GM? I doubt this'll happen, but in this instance I'm not trying to apply to the guild, I'm trying to find out if they're out of a Trader this week due to funds, or just forgot, since I wanted something from their store.)
    Edited by kadochka on 11 August 2020 21:37
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    Hey, minor thing.. Are you ever going to add a text search bar in the Guild Finder? It's confusing to not have it there, and I'm trying to find a specific guild (that I know the name of) to find their new trader, if any.

That would be both sensible and awesome
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shalalaA7X wrote: »
    Went to two traders that had no guild listed and only had the option bid and hire. Tried hiring them and it said this trader was already hired. Xbox na
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are they in Outlaw Refuges?

Asking because that is a regular occurrence on PS4 NA that usually sorts itself out by the next day, where you can then actually see/shop the guild who’d won it.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    shalalaA7X wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are they in Outlaw Refuges?

Asking because that is a regular occurrence on PS4 NA that usually sorts itself out by the next day, where you can then actually see/shop the guild who’d won it.

Yea it ended up sorting self out. Been a long time since I went hunting trader after flip. Didn’t know they took so long to register who hired them after bidding closed.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

European (EU) megaserver: Tuesdays - 14:00 UTC, 10am EDT / 9am EST

North American (NA) megaserver: Tuesdays - 19:00 UTC, 3pm EDT / 2pm EST

I'm not combing through all these replies to check but... has anyone pointed out yet @ZOS_GinaBruno that EDT _is_ EST? 19:00 UTC is 3pmEDT/EST and 2pm CST. You have a typo you need to fix there lol.
      NA EP CP1200+
      Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
      Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
      Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
      Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
    • virtus753
      virtus753
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hi everyone!

European (EU) megaserver: Tuesdays - 14:00 UTC, 10am EDT / 9am EST

North American (NA) megaserver: Tuesdays - 19:00 UTC, 3pm EDT / 2pm EST

I'm not combing through all these replies to check but... has anyone pointed out yet @ZOS_GinaBruno that EDT _is_ EST? 19:00 UTC is 3pmEDT/EST and 2pm CST. You have a typo you need to fix there lol.

No, Eastern Daylight is not the same as Eastern Standard. EDT is used in the summer months and EST in the winter months. There are a few places in the US that ignore Daylight Saving Time, but most of the country switches back and forth.
      • Dont_do_drugs
        Dont_do_drugs
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        and most of the püeople do not care and have 0 clue and just put the utc time into google and let google do the calculation for their current location...

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
        They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
        Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
        First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
        Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
        Deutsch | English

• anitajoneb17_ESO
        anitajoneb17_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        and most of the püeople do not care and have 0 clue and just put the utc time into google and let google do the calculation for their current location...

.. But they shouldn't have to.
        ZOS officially supports 5 localizations. They should provide times in Maryland / Paris-Madrid-Berlin / London / Moscow /Tokyo .

• Elsonso
        Elsonso
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS officially supports 5 localizations. They should provide times in Maryland / Paris-Madrid-Berlin / London / Moscow /Tokyo .

Actually, I think they should post one time and let people convert it. It can be ET, GMT, or whatever they want, so long as the time zone is clearly identified.

While it is less convenient, and less consumable, it is much more reliable, and that is more important.
        Edited by Elsonso on 15 August 2020 14:49
        PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
        XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
        X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
      • Dont_do_drugs
        Dont_do_drugs
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

i do agree with elsonso here. its not like ure ideal case is bad. just too idealistic for zos. but its actually a bit like the fact, that zos is supporting multiple languages in forums and sometimes provides translations to some new information. but then again not to all. which leads into people using their mother language forum missing out information, just because they thought, zos provides information there. its a bit like here: either zos is able to provide correct and fill information, or they arent. but if second case happens, zos should just not and leave it to the people, so people do learn to use the given tools to get their correct information instead of beeing mislead by false assumptions. :)
        Edited by Dont_do_drugs on 15 August 2020 13:59

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
        Deutsch | English

• Gythral
        Gythral
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Elsonso wrote: »

Actually, I think they should post one time and let people convert it. It can be ET, GMT, or whatever they want, so long as the time zone is clearly identified.

While it is less convenient, and less consumable, it is much more reliable, and that is more important.

UTC
        after all it is the internet & that is what the servers ACTUALLY use
        and everybody 'should' know how to convert it to localtime or how to get "google" to do it!
        Edited by Gythral on 9 September 2020 12:30
        “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
        Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
        Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
      • MurtaghGrim
        MurtaghGrim
        ✭✭
        How is it possible to hire four traders at the same time? You don't believe?
        Check out the EU PS4 server an travel to greenshade, marbruk
        There you'll find one Trader upstairs, another one down in outlaw refuge (seems like "free" trader, but you can only make a bid for next week, or see the stuff they are offering...from the guild that already has a trader upstairs)

And this guild has another two outlaw refuge traders...one in rivenspire and the other one in malabal tor

Someone can explain it to me?
      • Dont_do_drugs
        Dont_do_drugs
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        There you'll find one Trader upstairs, another one down in outlaw refuge (seems like "free" trader, but you can only make a bid for next week, or see the stuff they are offering...from the guild that already has a trader upstairs)

And this guild has another two outlaw refuge traders...one in rivenspire and the other one in malabal tor

Does the name of that guild cobstit of multiple L or I? Then it might be different guilds. I never saw such happening ever. Would be crazy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• DragonRacer
        DragonRacer
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

Does the name of that guild cobstit of multiple L or I? Then it might be different guilds. I never saw such happening ever. Would be crazy.

That's what I was wondering as well. On PS4 NA a month or so ago, we had what looked like the same guild at a trader in Alinor and in Daggerfall, but when I looked closer at the name, the lower-case L was actually either an upper-case i or a straight line symbol | like that, which made it look like identical names.

FOUR of them in such a manner is a bit extreme, though.
        PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
      • Dont_do_drugs
        Dont_do_drugs
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I was wondering as well. On PS4 NA a month or so ago, we had what looked like the same guild at a trader in Alinor and in Daggerfall, but when I looked closer at the name, the lower-case L was actually either an upper-case i or a straight line symbol | like that, which made it look like identical names.

FOUR of them in such a manner is a bit extreme, though.

Depends on the name. With two minor L in the name u could make 4 guilds same name. U will only see it when opening guild store, where the name in upper corner then is shown in capital letters. So before reporting this as bug, this should be made sure. I also wonder, how Cyrillic letters are treated, as example Cyrillic a and western a.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Dont_do_drugs
        Dont_do_drugs
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Oh and the outlaw refugee is common bug - I just reread. The outlaw ref flip is massively delayed, I reported that for over 2 years. After trader swap the outlaw ref traders swap don't proceed for hours, sometimes even one or two days. The trader then shows non hired, sometimes u have access to guild store of previous week then, and when the guild hired on upper World for New week, this means, that guild will have both traders a while.

Well...
        Does that mean outlaw didn't flip since weeks?
        Edited by Dont_do_drugs on 16 September 2020 12:07

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• OsManiaC
        OsManiaC
        ✭✭✭✭
        @ZOS_GinaBruno
        @ZOS_KaiSchober

I want to report a bug. No, I won't go through your automatic-ridiculous-answer-bots or to the guys who never opened and played eso in their life.

Happened in PC EU - 15 Sep right after guild kiosks swapped

First, t=x, what we had
        1. Account A with Guild ALFA- bid and lost all its 10 bids - got trader previous week
        2. Account B with Guild OMEGA - bid and lost all its 10 bids - did not have trader previous week
        3. Account C with Guild TETA - bid and lost all its bids.
        4. Kiosk Y - a free spot
        5. Kiosk T - a free spot
        6. PC specs, network, all same for PC 1 which has Account A, and PC 2 which has Account B

what happened
        1. Account A with guild ALFA tried to get Kiosk Y, there was a hire trader option but the system gives feedback that the guild trader is swapping some sh**
        2. Account B with guild OMEGA tried to get Kiosk Y, - while Account A was spamming for guild ALFA - there was hire trader option and BAM, account B took the trader.
        3. Account A with guild ALFA said bad words and cursed. Because the owner knows it was not a timing issue
        4. Account A went to another city for Kiosk T
        5. Account A with guild ALFA tried to get Kiosk T, there was a hire trader option but the system gives feedback that the guild trader is swapping some sh** - but remember Guild OMEGA got the previous spot.
        6. Account C came and hired the Kiosk T
        7. I later heard from a close GM, that he also tried Kiosk T and failed. - which got trader previous week

conclusion
        1. There is a bug or maybe still on background system thinks guilds still got the trader and not swapped so they cannot hire.
        2. it may be related to if a guild previously does not have a kiosk, then it has a higher chance to get a kiosk as other noobs which got trader last week but lost this week cannot hire it.
        3. Fix this stupid thing.

Edit: grammar stuff.
        Edited by OsManiaC on 19 September 2020 17:27
        GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
        if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
      • Gythral
        Gythral
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Fix it

or revert the code to pre u25, when it did work!

PLEASE
        “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
        Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
        Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
      • dvonpm
        dvonpm
        ✭✭✭✭
        Is it going to stay this way forever?
      • Dont_do_drugs
        Dont_do_drugs
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        dvonpm wrote: »

Yes
        Edited by Dont_do_drugs on 30 September 2020 17:45

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• Evilspock
        Evilspock
        ✭✭✭✭
        guild page is still broke.. when is ZOS going to get their act together and fix this? We are on like week 9 of this fiasco.
        🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
      • OsManiaC
        OsManiaC
        ✭✭✭✭
        I opened a new topic which includes below and deleted due to spamming and I accept that - but this does not change the fact that you left me without answers and I have nothing else to do

The deleted topic is below due to spamming
        "
        I don't know what to do, as I opened tickets and they are closed.

No one reached me about what I am facing.

So I am asking, ZOS, do you need any info? any constructive feedback?
        1. There is none hired status in guild page (press g) for 7 weeks.
        2. In guild finder if you click the filter "has traders" it shows guilds but all has info "NONE" as guild trader.
        3. after maintenance guild pages (press g) shows correct but guild finder still broken.
        "

I had to open another thread on Reddit, as maybe we got your attention because clearly forum and support tickets not worked

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/j687py/guild_trader_none_hired_bug_is_ongoing_for_7/
        Edited by OsManiaC on 7 October 2020 08:13
        GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
        if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
      • Evilspock
        Evilspock
        ✭✭✭✭
        Another trader swap, and the bug continues. Is it really that hard to fix this? It seems like a very basic function. I don't think ZOS appreciates how this impacts the community considering their lack of response.
        🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
      • dvonpm
        dvonpm
        ✭✭✭✭
        dvonpm wrote: »

Yes

Do you know that or are you assuming?

*clings desperately to hope*