Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Vet Imperial City Prison, final boss issue

emeraldshado
emeraldshado
✭✭✭
A group of us, 4 players, were running vet imperial city prison 2 nights ago. We spent 3 hours in the dungeon, primarily on the final boss, as we didn't wipe on any of the others.

After he hops into the air, and you enter the white Swirrley portals, 2 people per portal, you are ported to the top of the top of the room, in the middle of the room.

The issue arises after your screen finishes loading, and you hear the sound queue to synergize.

you hit the triangle and circle buttons, and it makes the sound acknowledging that the buttons were hit, however, the display prompt doesn't change, it is still prompting you to hit the synergize button, and you proceed to go splat onto the gound.

a sound is made each and every time you hit triangle and circle however, the display prompt is still there, signifying the game did not accept the player input of circle and triangle. so they frantically try holding them both down to get the prompt to leave the screen, which it does not. I've actually used both of my thumbs, thus moving my hand configuration on the controller to do so, to make sure that i am evenly applying pressure to the 2 buttons, and the underlying membranes, however, this was equally as pointless as trying any other method to apply the synergy.

Enter the Swirrley, screen loads, count to 1, then synergize. but that doesn't work every time, and the triangle circle prompt is still displayed as you proceed to fall to your doom.

in the current state it is impossible to complete a no death run when the synergy is bugged during the free fall.

please fix this, as we were running our tank through here to get the helm as well, and would not want to spend as much time in there again, and reduce stress and ire when it fails to function as intended.

i'd also like to enter a gripe at the character length provided for inputting bugs on the console vs the pc. you really hamper the length of data i can input leaving me to use 2 instead of (two, to, too)(as they sound the same to convey any of the 3 meanings) , da instead of the, dmg instead of damage.
  • Patrynn72
    Patrynn72
    Soul Shriven
    Been like this for a little while. Frustrating enough that we don't run it anymore.
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    its a gamepad issue.
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    its a gamepad issue.

its not. there are apparently other various reports for this dungeon

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6744081#Comment_6744081

This issue is on other platforms as well.

its not a membrane. it appears to be a timing window issue were wthin the first 3 seconds after the portal, the game will accept the synergy application, after that it will make the sound that it got the input, thus negating the theory that its a game pad membrane issue, and dis regard the input.
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    It got fixed on pc last patch. And its not gamepad related cause I am using one just fine. I guess they forgot to fix for consoles as well.
  • BeamsForDemacia
    BeamsForDemacia
    ✭✭✭
    just skip Portal and u are good
    IR/GH/TTT/GS [MEDUSA]