Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Grim focus proc broken

NightAngel690
NightAngel690
✭✭✭
I noticed the last few days in grey host campaign that the grim focus proc, as well as both morphs, tend to drop in the middle of combat. I will be fighting multiple people, go to incap/soul harvest merciless proc someone and then I just end up recasting it and have to build the 5 stacks up over again.
I originally thought it was just the lag from prime time but then I got on during the off hours when there was only 1 bar 1 bar 2 bars and it was the same result. The grim focus stacks would Disappear if the enemy briefly went out of my LoS. This was the same result outside of pvp. I would kill an enemy Box while building grim focus procs and they would disappear even if I was in combat with other NPCs.
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    I have experienced this as well. I reported it in the forums with no response from ZOS. Something changed causing the stacks to reset when they should not. Very frustrating.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I notice this in cyrodill for a while now. I notice it mostly while fighting guards at resources. If When I kill one guard, the stacks go away even though there are 3 more guards right there attacking me.

There is this in the PTS patch notes under Grim Focus. I don't know if it refers to our issue with grim focus in pvp.:
    Stacks removed from these abilities after ending combat will now only be removed in PvP zones, rather than all the time, fixing numerous issues where you could lose all stacks generated where you appeared to still be in combat.

Edited to fix embarrassing conditional :#
    Edited by Dojohoda on July 31, 2020 3:19AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously.

nothing worse than working to finally build up those stacks so u can go in, u burn ur ult, then instead of finishing them, u just cast a threatening buff at them instead lol

Then they're like, "oh well ok, that was... an interesting choice there... I guess Ill just kill u instead then, thanks!"

Life as a magblade... everything about the class fights u.

All my other classes try to make life easier and more fun (which makes sense, this is a recreational videogame after all). But my main seems to fight me at every turn, whether its cast times, travel times, ridiculous audio cues, etc...

even this stack mechanic... Why on an assassin?!? lol wtf put that mechanic on a dk brawler or something not the assassin class!!!

Light attack 1: "Hi, I'm a stealthy assassin"

Light attack 2: "I going to try to kill u, just wanted to give u a heads up."

Light attack 3: "well, in a min anyway, just wait here a bit if u could, thx"

Light attack 4: "sorry, just a few more attacks... I know, I know, don't blame me, I didn't design it, just pretend "IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND" or something. Indulge me here.

Light attack 5: "YES, I can actually burst now!! I am the stealthiest assassin of all time!! I bet he has no idea I'm here, I.. AM.. THE WIND!!!!!!!"

Bow Proc: "Dodged."

Edited by SHOW on July 31, 2020 3:17AM
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    I agree. Having to build up the stacks on an assassin class seems rather odd but that part I have learned to live with. I understand the stacks will have to reset eventually but prefer it not be immediately upon killing a enemy when still engaged with multiple people/NPCs. A short timer (20 or 30 seconds) after you leave combat would be acceptable. Maybe it will be fixed in the next update.
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    After Patch 6.1.5 on PC/NA, the stacks accumulated while Grim Focus is active still seem to be resetting immediately after a target is killed, even though you may still be engaged with other targets. This is very noticeable when engaged with an NPC as well as another player in Cyro. If you build a few stacks off the NPC and then become engaged in combat with another player, when the NPC dies, the stacks reset even though you are still in combat. I thought the intention was for the stacks to only be removed if you fire the spectral arrow or leave combat (as in are able to mount). However, I find myself still in combat but the stacks reset. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this as well.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHOW wrote: »
    Seriously.

nothing worse than working to finally build up those stacks so u can go in, u burn ur ult, then instead of finishing them, u just cast a threatening buff at them instead lol

Then they're like, "oh well ok, that was... an interesting choice there... I guess Ill just kill u instead then, thanks!"

Life as a magblade... everything about the class fights u.

All my other classes try to make life easier and more fun (which makes sense, this is a recreational videogame after all). But my main seems to fight me at every turn, whether its cast times, travel times, ridiculous audio cues, etc...

even this stack mechanic... Why on an assassin?!? lol wtf put that mechanic on a dk brawler or something not the assassin class!!!

Light attack 1: "Hi, I'm a stealthy assassin"

Light attack 2: "I going to try to kill u, just wanted to give u a heads up."

Light attack 3: "well, in a min anyway, just wait here a bit if u could, thx"

Light attack 4: "sorry, just a few more attacks... I know, I know, don't blame me, I didn't design it, just pretend "IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND" or something. Indulge me here.

Light attack 5: "YES, I can actually burst now!! I am the stealthiest assassin of all time!! I bet he has no idea I'm here, I.. AM.. THE WIND!!!!!!!"

Bow Proc: "Dodged."

Its awful 'cause it's true, but you just worded it so well I nosefountained my drink into the keyboard :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D