The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUGGED ELSWEYR STORY QUEST: Jode's Core quest will not complete...

lylanya
lylanya
✭✭
UPDATE... IT'S FIXED FOR ME FINALLY, BUT OTHERS ARE STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM...

I ascended the Moon Gate and killed Mulaamir. I then used the dragon horn on the other dragon when Khamira told me to. The moon circle thingy on the ground started moving and she said something about being trapped in the plane and my objective changed, telling me to leave the Plane of Jode, which I did through the door opposite of the dragon I just blew down. Going out that door put me back in Elsweyr proper and my objective didn't change. I noticed my story quest diamond is now back at the palace in Rimmen, so I go there. The diamond shows to be situated just behind the statue outside the front door. There's nothing there. I went inside the Palace, but there's nothing there either. At this point, I figure it's bugged, so I go back to the moon gate door in south western Elsweyr and go back inside. My quest objective now wants me to talk to Calo again, so I did and now it wants me to ascend the moon gate again... That dragon took me FOREVER to kill the first time. I went back out the door into Elsweyr and the objective goes back to telling me to leave the Plane of Jode and the quest objective is back at the palace with the same result as before. I'm stuck in this story quest with only one step to go. Please help.

Reference numbers 190522-004630 and 190522-004675
I have screenshots of my objectives changing depending on what side of the door I'm on.
23gfnyjifq7g.jpg
0yzpitpu01jv.jpg
Edited by lylanya on 28 May 2019 19:14
Co-GM Legions of Mordor
PC/NA
  • lylanya
    lylanya
    ✭✭
    Honest question... does ZOS actually look at bug reports on a regular basis?
    Edited by lylanya on 23 May 2019 16:29
    Co-GM Legions of Mordor
    PC/NA
  • lylanya
    lylanya
    ✭✭
    RESOLVED! Thanks! <3
    Edited by lylanya on 28 May 2019 20:16
    Co-GM Legions of Mordor
    PC/NA
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lylanya wrote: »
    RESOLVED! Thanks! <3

What was the fix @lylanya ? I'm having the same problem. :(
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • tonyb16_ESO17
    tonyb16_ESO17
    ✭✭
    Me too!
  • lylanya
    lylanya
    ✭✭
    lylanya wrote: »
    RESOLVED! Thanks! <3

What was the fix @lylanya ? I'm having the same problem. :(

I'm not sure, actually... I just kept going back to the place where the quest diamond was in front of the Palace in Rimmen and would sit and wait while I would go afk to grab coffee or whatever and eventually, there were people there for me to talk to. Sorry I don't have a better answer. :neutral:
    Co-GM Legions of Mordor
    PC/NA
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is bugged for me.

Tried to kill him, got killed by his 80K attack (little harsh for any non-tank, maybe?).

After I ressed, he just flew into the sky and stayed there, hovering out of range.

Blowing the dragonhorn didn't do anything and didn't reduce his health.

If I went closer to him, he would aoe me, but otherwise, he just hovered, doing nothing and receiving no damage.

Left by the door, to see if he would reset, ended up back in Elsweyr.

Tried to go back in and was right back at the beginning of the area...

Tried to run back to the dragon, but one of the earlier doors was now locked.
  • BlueBlurChrome
    Had not fixed for me, I plan to just abandon quest and start from scratch again and just fight all of it all over again. If it happens again I will just conclude this quest as "completed" and just do other quests in Elsweyr and not do Jode's Core until next week.
    "I'll never look back, I've got no regrets. Because time does not wait for me, I choose to go my own way"
  • XCleverGirlx
    The fix is to be patient. If you wait a second instead of going through the door, Cadwell will appear and make a portal out. I also took the door and had to redo half the quest, but the second time I waited and exited the correct way and had no issues.
  • lylanya
    lylanya
    ✭✭
    Good to know, XCleverGirlx! I'm already through it on my main, but I'll remember that for future play throughs.

Co-GM Legions of Mordor
    PC/NA
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • princessl0llie
    princessl0llie
    Soul Shriven
    First time I couldn't get past the 3rd wave with air atronah AND all the air at once kept dying got stuck..gonna try again n pray for a miracle..yes they are bosses but shouldn't take that long or be this hard to beat or complete....so far this whole story questline has been filled with bugs n glitches..my river hold battle quest took 2-3weeks to complete due to bugs
  • Organic
    Organic
    ✭✭✭
    In my case, I was literally standing inside the circle and just kept taking damage regardless. I died, resurrected under the dragon, then he wouldn't come back down after taking to the air again. I walked out, but it takes you all the way outside of the instance. Walking back in, you can run all the way to the final room, but can't enter. So, you're forced to abandon, go back to Rimmen and pick up and redo the entire quest. Really annoying.