The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil lagging out and locking out your character

hobicabobjob
hobicabobjob
✭✭✭
While in cyrodiil, I keep experiencing very, very bad lag which eventually drops me from the server. When I try to log back in, the character in Cyrodiil gets infinite load screens, locking me out from playing that character. I am able to log in other characters.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems I am now a victim of this too. I remember trying to rez back at a keep, went to check my phone, noticed after about a minute I was on an infinite load screen. Restarted ESO and now when I try to log into that character I just get an infinite cyrodiil loadscreen.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me today too . If the loading screen goes longer then a few minutes I close out the game and relaunch . I've seen them stay up for over 10 minutes before so I don't wait .
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I restarted my whole system, because why not. Then I tried a different character and it was okay, so I tried the locked character and it worked.

So who knows. I had tried twice before with just restarting ESO and it hadn't worked.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this time all it took was switching characters to do inventory management and I am back to having my one guy locked out even after a whole system restart. I was in PVE land this time though..................................... . . .. . . . . ..... . . . . . . . . .
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I confirm this bug.
    This bug has been reported multiple times(My report: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/295177/infinite-loading-screen-in-cyrodiil-after-sudden-game-crash-alt-f-4-is-the-only-result#latest ).

I hope it will get fixed in the next incremental patch.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    cant log in to cyro, endless loading screen unable to fix??
    Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on 16 October 2016 21:07
  • leowkwok
    leowkwok
    Have seen multiple threads on this one problem already. Along with the group bug in cyrodil where you get kicked from the group once you teleport or revive yourself. Hope they fix this really soon.
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here made a bug report thread over a week ago, others responded with the same issue, but its still happening.

I put it down to a memory leak caused when you port from keep to keep over time memory is not cleared like it should be and after a while you will freeze or crash and not be able to log back in with that character for a while, can log in on other characters no problem just not the one who was in Cyrodiil.

I tested it by porting around a few keeps and saw my ESO memory use up to 8 gigs and rising, I also submitted a ticket and I did get a reply within 24 hours telling me to run repair on my client LOL !

Edited by elvenmad on 17 October 2016 12:47
    < PC - EU >
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, happens to me all the time as well.

I found that I just need to log into any other character, then I can log back in with the char on Cyrodiil.
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »
    Yeah, happens to me all the time as well.

I found that I just need to log into any other character, then I can log back in with the char on Cyrodiil.

I tried this, it's a good workaround.