The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

My Experience With Recent Crown Store Releases

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is my personal experience and read some threads across forum, not sure if ZOS is even noticing such issues.

Recently ZOS have good and average crown store releases, which definitely affecting their sales one way to another (I may be not a better person to comment on this). Few of my concerns are:

1. Breton Costume, i bought it but feeling regret. I am never using this costume its pretty weirdo design and wasted my crowns. Just see your toon running while wearing this, seems like he will feel down (costume is all the way squeezed b/w legs)

2. Race Change, wow i was excited for this and bought many crowns to change 2-3 races but have not made single change. 3000 Crowns is a whopping price

3. Imperial City Collector Edition, ZOS probably knows i am subscribing on PC and PS4 both and buying lot of crowns and had already bought Imperial City DLC so i should pay half price for this edition instead of paying full amount (why twicely charging me for buying a skin)

4. Merchant and Banker, well i am happy with my banker but not with merchan, feeling wasted 5000 Crowns as can not repair items (pretty much limited). I have enough gold and do not want to sell penny stuff to merchants (not bothering to pickup)

5. Mount voices, very poor indeed. My Senchie or Demonic Wolf voices makes me feel riding a goat

I bought all additional characters slots immediately (reasonable price), personally i now fear ZOS they may remove it like happening with Costumes...

My suggestion is ZOS should add Rating (1-5) to their crown store items, may be this can only convince them about crown store releases quality.
Edited by Lord_Eomer on 29 August 2016 19:37
  • Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    Was waiting to get the mind-shriven skin too too. Got ESO plus and bought the DLC on release.... too bad ZOS is greedy and don't care about loyal costumers and the community at all
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my personal experience and read some threads across forum, not sure if ZOS is even noticing such issues.

Recently ZOS have good and average crown store releases, which definitely affecting their sales one way to another (I may be not a better person to comment on this). Few of my concerns are:

1. Breton Costume, i bought it but feeling regret. I am never using this costume its pretty weirdo design and wasted my crowns. Just see your toon running while wearing this, seems like he will feel down (costume is all the way squeezed b/w legs)

2. Race Change, wow i was excited for this and bought many crowns to change 2-3 races but have not made single change. 3000 Crowns is a whopping price

3. Imperial City Collector Edition, ZOS probably knows i am subscribing on PC and PS4 both and buying lot of crowns and had already bought Imperial City DLC so i should pay half price for this edition instead of paying full amount (why twicely charging me for buying a skin)

4. Merchant and Banker, well i am happy with my banker but not with merchan, feeling wasted 5000 Crowns as can not repair items (pretty much limited). I have enough gold and do not want to sell penny stuff to merchants (not bothering to pickup)

5. Mount voices, very poor indeed. My Senchie or Demonic Wolf voices makes me feel riding a goat

I bought all additional characters slots immediately (reasonable price), personally i now fear ZOS they may remove it like happening with Costumes...

My suggestion is ZOS should add Rating (1-5) to their crown store items, may be this can only convince them about crown store releases quality.

In regards to Merchant... you do realize that they SELL repair kits in the Crown Store, right? They're not about to take away a source of steady revenue by giving you the chance to repair 'free for life' in the field. So they make it inconvenient for you to repair so you either have to stop grinding to go find a merchant for repairs OR buy repair kits from the Crown Store.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clearly the crown store is only about making money. While I sympathize with OP, in the end it is CAVEAT EMPTOR.

th?&id=OIP.M7d65c798eaea90fd347df76ae34f6a2do0&w=237&h=166&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like the CEO of Mylan said of the massive EPIpen cost increase... "We are a for-profit business".
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is a company, not your hero. They exist for the sake of money in your wallet. They mean business. :'(
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. So much logic in this thread.

Yes, preview for costumes works great and has always looked the same on my character sans hide head slot.

Race change is priced to invoke more serious thought so it's not something many would change often.

If you want the special package and it's that important to you the the price is probably irrelevant.

Didn't we all know the merchant didn't repair but sold repair kits? If not some research before buying the item is worth the time. It was all over the forums before the DLC dropped.

Should have bought the recent masked bear mount. Voice irrelevant, we get to pet the bear when he is moaning.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Clearly the crown store is only about making money. While I sympathize with OP, in the end it is CAVEAT EMPTOR.

th?&id=OIP.M7d65c798eaea90fd347df76ae34f6a2do0&w=237&h=166&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

This one million times.

I agree the crown store items are over priced for what they deliver and totally not worth it for me. If someone else loves it and thinks that it is great value, good on them.

I vote ewith my dollar and chose NOT to buy these items. Too expensive or not interested in them at all.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    ZOS is a company, not your hero. They exist for the sake of money in your wallet. They mean business. :'(

What I am trying to say is that with much higher prices ZOS is losing sales atleast i did not buy couple of things which i wanted to.

On some average items like breton costume quality is far behind.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on 29 August 2016 21:02
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What I am trying to say is that with much higher prices ZOS is losing sales atleast i did not buy couple of things which i wanted to.

Check out the prices for costumes in Black Desert and you wont feel so bad about ESO's costume system. It's one of the more fair costume systems in MMO's today (excluding when Crown Gamble Boxes drop).
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

In regards to Merchant... you do realize that they SELL repair kits in the Crown Store, right? They're not about to take away a source of steady revenue by giving you the chance to repair 'free for life' in the field. So they make it inconvenient for you to repair so you either have to stop grinding to go find a merchant for repairs OR buy repair kits from the Crown Store.

Do you actually buy Repair kits from the crownstore?

you get them from doing Crafting Writs, I have like 200+ on multiple characters...and *** if its just leveling alts or what not..Make some level 4 gear..Go to Wrothgar and buy about 50 of the level 4 repair kits for less then 200 gold and you can level all way to max level there and repair while leveling...

There is absolutely zero reason to ever have to stop grinding in this game to got o a Merchant or buy repair kits on the Crownstore.
    Edited by Xsorus on 29 August 2016 21:44
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭

Price is fair tbh compared with other MMOs. While "you" feel ZOS is losing sales because "you" did not buy, they see it much clearer with background sales data (just like what happened with the Dro-Amotha Senche sale last time - people on forum are making numerous posts complaining how the price was not acceptable, while more players just bought it in-game without hesitation). All these mounts / costumes / skins in crown stores are purely cosmetic - you can always choose to vote with your dollar not to buy it, or wait for future discounts etc.