The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Run Speed Reduced? (Edit: Confirmed Bug)

pmn100b16_ESO
pmn100b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone noticing run speed has been affected in this latest patch? I'm talking about run (w key) not sprint. Don't know if its a pvp only thing but it feels noticably slower.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, not only "pseudo-sprinting" (hold W) is slower but Major Expedition, at least the one coming Boundless Storm, that was so very useful to walk long distances is a complete crap.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I posted in my guild chat on monday was, "are we slower?" Not sure what happened. I really noticed it on last VMA boss when chasing down that shield trying to destroy crystals.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's an absolutely enraging change.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the patch notes posted 2 days ago:
    • Increased the bonus movement speed from Sprint to 40% from 30%.
  • idahogeekette
    idahogeekette
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be purposeful slowing of speed (my character is maxed out) but I don't recall seeing general speed reduction in the patch notes, not that I couldn't have overlooked it in the length of text.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My horses seem slower too since the update
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have felt slower when running (NOT sprinting, just normal running) as well.

@Nestor try a different mount. I saw elsewhere on the forums some people's bear (or something) was slow, but their senche would work fine.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • idahogeekette
    idahogeekette
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Nestor try a different mount. I saw elsewhere on the forums some people's bear (or something) was slow, but their senche would work fine.

On my main guy I tried it on several different horse, and still slower, but I'll try the senche mounts too, good idea.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the new lag reduction plan.
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the new lag reduction plan.

Sounds about right. They want to cut down on random loading screens so they just slow down the players so the game has more time to load textures.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I only have Horses. Well, I have a Guar, but do not like how it looks when I am sitting on it (though I do love the butt slap when galloping)

The horses are slower during Sprint or Run now.

Ironically, I have not noticed all that much difference in the Sprint Speed unmounted either.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also they reduced Jump height it seems...
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually looks/feels faster to me.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The baseline speed is reduced...completly ***
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is DEFINITELY something weird and unannounced going on with both run and jump. @ZOS_GinaBruno are you guys looking into this? The run issues seem to be happening with both character run and mount run. Characters are definitely running (not sprinting) slower... and there is a glitch with the horse sprint as well. When using sprint with mount, the mount stamina will drop a small amount and then immediately return to full bar.

As for jumping... if the devs need an example... tell them to go to Dune in Reaper's March and try to get the Skyshard from the rock. It took me several minutes because each time I tried to jump it would immediately go to that extremely slow falling animation... I had to find the exact right spot to finally reach the Skyshard. This is clearly not working as intended and hopefully all of this is being investigated.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the patch notes posted 2 days ago:
    • Increased the bonus movement speed from Sprint to 40% from 30%.

And?
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. The top speed of my character(major expo+sprint) has definitely dropped. I am an Orc wearing Medium armor and have this character built around my movement. It is very, very disappointing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this needs confirmation please
    Edited by I55UE5 on 9 March 2016 18:26
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    first time , i play eso , i feel the speed are a bit too quick , let hope shower the game a bit help vs the lag
    Edited by charley222 on 9 March 2016 18:29
    the wall of the covenant
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »
    first time , i play eso , i feel the speed are a bit too quick , let hope shower the game a bit help vs the lag

Just because you enjoy playing slower doesn't mean the rest of us do, especially those who've played the game for a long period of time and understand that SPEED is necessary in this game because of having to travel great distances or when running between areas doing quests. A overall speed reduction is NOT good for this game.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed yesterday that my character seemed to be running a lot slower (not using sprint, just normal run speed). I thought it was just me. And she slowed down dramatically when I had her run with her daggers unsheathed. I don't think I would slow down that much running while holding small objects like daggers....

I felt like the horse was slower too but wasn't 100% sure on that one.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character and mount speed in general seems to have slowed down. I'm guessing some sort of wrong decimal point or change inserted in the wrong place... after all, they were supposed to ONLY reduce Major Expedition by -10% and INCREASE regular character sprint +10%. But as I noted above regarding mounts, there is definitely a bug happening with mount Stamina because it never goes down anymore no longer how long you sprint on the mount.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    It took me several minutes because each time I tried to jump it would immediately go to that extremely slow falling animation...

I fill with RAGE every time I get stuck in that damn animation. ARGH!!!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the first thing I've noticed as soon as I started walking/running (not sprinting). It's slower, plus my female characters take larger steps. My male character not, apparently.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...) there is definitely a bug happening with mount Stamina because it never goes down anymore (...)
    I didn't check thoroughly the changes in CPs UI because I didn't need to change anything in my main character but sounds like the War Mount passive was removed and given freely to everyone
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
    Edited by I55UE5 on 10 March 2016 02:29
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...) there is definitely a bug happening with mount Stamina because it never goes down anymore (...)
    I didn't check thoroughly the changes in CPs UI because I didn't need to change anything in my main character but sounds like the War Mount passive was removed and given freely to everyone

Well if that is true, then nobody will bother buying the Stamina mount upgrades from the Crown store then, so I doubt it is intended.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt slower running, slower sprinting, slower riding & slower riding with sprint :( Rapids now feels like a very minimal incrase in speed.

The worst part is... the sprinting on horseback doesn't seem to work for more than 1 second. I get on my horse, start moving, hit rapids, hold down shift key to 'sprint' & the horse speeds up & starts to lose stamina.... then after about a seconds it slows down & stamina goes back to full.

My horse & I both also seem to baulk at even smaller rocks & ridges in the terrain. I can be going full pelt (which only feels like half pelt) & there is a small rock in the road & my horse stops dead like it hit a brick wall.

The there is the jumping issue... I can no longer jump over objects while in stealth that I used to jump over every time without fail before the patch. Maybe I am being overly critical but all movement in the game seems to have been changed slightly but just enough to be annoying.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know they nerfed the movement speed buff from rapids. I think it got reduced 10%. But like someone said above they were supposed to have increased sprint speed by 10%. Wouldn't be to surprised if some numbers got goofed somewhere. I'll see if I notice a dif when I login in a few mins.

NM the nerf to rapid maneuvers speed didn't make it from the test server. It does however only buff group members instead of all nearby players.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on 10 March 2016 03:30
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    The worst part is... the sprinting on horseback doesn't seem to work for more than 1 second. I get on my horse, start moving, hit rapids, hold down shift key to 'sprint' & the horse speeds up & starts to lose stamina.... then after about a seconds it slows down & stamina goes back to full.

This is odd because when I sprint on mount, the stamina bar briefly goes down, but then jumps back to full... however, the mount continues at regular sprint speeds. It is also worth noting that STAMINA has nothing to do with 'speed' and only impacts how much damage you take before you are thrown from the mount... so the quirky Stamina bar shouldn't be impacting actual Sprint speeds... note I said shouldn't because with this latest update all sorts of strange things have been occurring.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normal run speed (not sprint speed, stop thinking we're talking about that!) was stealth nerfed, this is the result.
    OIKnJiu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.