The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

constant disconnects

Morbeer
Morbeer
✭✭
I have been playing on and off since beta and never had the issue of disconnecting as much as i do now. I have renamed/deleted/moved the ProgramData folder. I have deleted all addons in the live/addon folder, as well as, deleted everything in the saved variables folder and the AddOnSettings document. I have forwarded all ports on my router to the recommended (https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/1133 ). I have a static IP from my ISP on a 1gig connection. I have repaired and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing i seem to try fixes the issue. Playing on PC with launcher and not using steam.

The errors given are :

"An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again." - no error code; this happens randomly when playing and when it starts (1-3 hours into playing) it happens every 10-15 minutes
"Error 103 (4:5:301:0) Failed to obtain server connection information" - this happens after the error above when logging in unless i close out the game completely and do a repair
"Error 334 (3:1:1211:0) Lost lobby connection" - this usually happens when zoning mixed in.

I can go hours without an issue but as soon as the first error message happens then its every 10-15 minutes afterwards. I dont have any issues with any other game i play. I already have a support ticket open (240414-007935) just looking to see if anyone else has or had this issue and can offer any insight or their fix for it.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Hi there,

Please refer to our general connection troubleshooting article to see if it helps when these issues appear https://beth.games/3NZow3E
    Options
    Staff Post
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disconnecting has become a pretty serious issue since U41. Just the way it is.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Morbeer

We have sent you a forum PM regarding your ongoing ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    It's been giving me pain with error 301 and such for a while -- and started out of nowhere, all good with internet and everything, been playing for a few days all fine.

I tried to reboot the laptop, and it gave me another error after 10 minutes of game.

Then I had to verify through the launcher, which helped. >.<""

So, it's not just me it happens to?
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely not just you
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • the_raven27b14_ESO
    Been having the same issue ever since they did last week's maintenance. I log in and about 10 minutes after that the game freezes and then boots me back to the login screen with the message saying an error has occured. Has happened every day since the maintenance Thursday morning, some days its every 10 to 15 minutes it happens. The lag has gotten far worse as well. This is actually the first time I've ever had any issues with this game whatsoever. Don't know what's going on with their servers but really wish they would figure it out and get it fixed. I know the issue isn't on my end because ESO is the only game giving me any issues. All the other games I play run flawlessly.
    Options
  • Morbeer
    Morbeer
    ✭✭
    I searched the forums and various sites and found that after uninstalling it doesn't delete all the files from the documents/live folder and, for me, it wasn't uninstalling some of the launcher files. I searched and deleted everything on my computer associated with ESO and reinstalled. So far no disconnects, well no disconnects during my game time last night (2-3 hours). I updated the ticket and will update this post if it doesn't disconnect me tonight.
    Options
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Morbeer wrote: »
    I searched the forums and various sites and found that after uninstalling it doesn't delete all the files from the documents/live folder and, for me, it wasn't uninstalling some of the launcher files. I searched and deleted everything on my computer associated with ESO and reinstalled. So far no disconnects, well no disconnects during my game time last night (2-3 hours). I updated the ticket and will update this post if it doesn't disconnect me tonight.

I have never uninstalled or reinstalled that game on this laptop, I have been playing it the same since the very beginning many years ago, and I've had little to no issues. I certainly didn't have any persistent disconnects where I couldn't log into the game right after the error without verifying files like I had it last night.
    I have a fast internet connection and everything was running smoothly before that last night incident, so I hope it was just some fluke, and also it didn't seem to be my side's fault, either. Just at some points server got weird, and even Eso launcher in Steam didn't load the news until it verified. This very website was not loading, either, actually - coinsidentally, even. Everything else on Internet loaded with no problem and fast as always. So it was definitely something going on with their server.
    Edited by Kainarel on 17 April 2024 14:58
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kainarel and @the_raven27b14_ESO

If you've exhausted the troubleshooting, have you moved to the next step and opened a ticket with our support team?
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Kainarel and @the_raven27b14_ESO

If you've exhausted the troubleshooting, have you moved to the next step and opened a ticket with our support team?

That troubleshooting truly does nothing for us players because the issue is not on our side -- everything works perfectly except for Eso whenever that disconnect happens.

So last night I rebooted my PC, it helped for 10 minutes, then I had the same error 301. Then I verified the game files through the launcher and was able to play all right after that.

I am going to see what happens tonight, and if some issue arises, I shall ask for help. Thank you for responding, @ZOS_Bill
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kainarel

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if the repair continues to help tonight.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Kainarel

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if the repair continues to help tonight.

Has been working so far. I suspect my issue was due to the guild store or crown store maintenance that's been done that day, and maybe something in game required verification of the game files through the launcher after that.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kainarel

Great!

We are glad to hear back that after the repair the issue has not come back.
    Options
    Staff Post