The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Proc Set Plan in Cyrodiil

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

First, we want to thank everyone for taking the time to provide so much valuable feedback regarding our decision to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil until Update 31. We understand this is a very polarizing topic and while many of you like this direction, we acknowledge that there are just as many who do not. When we had the last Cyrodiil test activated, we did initially get a lot of positive feedback surrounding the removal of item set procs in Cyrodiil, and from a technical standpoint, it made sense for us to leave proc sets disabled until we were able to complete some additional necessary work for Update 31. We also recognize that disabling proc sets in the long term generated a lot more concern than the three-week test we initially proposed, and that this sudden change in the timeline was quite jarring.

We’ve spent a lot of time discussing our options to improve the experience in the short term. We still plan to leave proc sets disabled in Cyrodiil and will instead reduce the duration of this change until Update 30. With the Update 30 launch, we will then re-enable all item set bonuses in Cyrodiil alongside some additional planned proc set work (we'll provide details in the Update 30 Combat Preview). In Update 31, we still plan to add more flexibility and customizable campaign rulesets as it relates to item sets, and we will be able to fine tune which proc sets we turn on and off.

For those of you on console, you can expect to see item set procs disabled in Cyrodiil this Tuesday, March 16, once Update 29 launches. Any subsequent changes will follow the schedule outlined above.

Again, we greatly appreciate everyone’s feedback on these proposed changes and the related timeline. We want to ensure that you can still play the way you want and have fun in PvP, and we hope that these revised plans strike a better balance for everyone both in the short and long-term.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS Confirmed sets that fully work:
    Amber Plasm
    Armor of the Trainee
    Beekeeper’s Gear
    Crafty Alfiq
    Draugr Hulk
    Endurance
    Fortified Brass
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hunding’s Rage
    Impregnable Armor
    Law of Julianos
    Leviathan
    Mother’s Sorrow
    Plague Doctor
    Shacklebreaker
    Spinner’s Garments
    Spriggan’s Thorns
    Willpower
    Agility

Unconfirmed(maybe I made mistakes) Sets that have an extra stat line of some kind as an extra 5pc, so could still be maybe considered (not counting trial sets that have trial-only buffs in them):

Akaviri Dragonguard
    Black Rose
    Call of the Undertaker
    Champion of the Hist
    Coward's Gear
    Dauntless Combatant
    Dead Water's Guile
    Dragon's Defilement
    Eternal Vigor
    Fasalla's Guile
    Hanu's Compassion
    Healer's Habit
    Heem-Jas' Retribution
    Hex Siphon
    Hide of Morihaus
    Jailbreaker
    Kagrenac's Hope
    Knightmare
    Might of the Lost Legion
    Night Mother's Embrace
    Oblivion's Edge
    Obvlivion's Foe
    Order of Diagna
    Pestilent Host
    Ranger's Gait
    Rattlecage
    Sentry
    Shadow Dancer's Raiment
    Shalk Exoskeleton
    Toothrow
    Treasure Hunter
    Vampire Cloak
    Vastarie's Tutelage
    Vicious Death
    Warrior-Poet
    Wisdom of Vanus
    Wizard's Riposte

[Edited to reduce spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 18 April 2021 12:22
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • Aruu
    Aruu
    ✭✭✭
    If you could leave Crimson disabled when Update 30 rolls around that'd be great :kissing_heart:
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that you'll really adjust proc sets as soon as you enable them again. I have so much more fun currently without tanks having insane damage through Malacath and ridiculous passive damage from procs. It feels good to see damage coming from our class/weapon skills again instead of from borrowed power.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and we will be able to fine tune which proc sets we turn on and off.

Yes please, this is what people have been wanting to hear. Fix the sets that are over performing, not getting rid of every set because of a select few.
    Still wish you guys would have left Cyrodiil sets available. But this is better than it was before.

Edited by AuraNebula on 12 March 2021 15:55
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks! 6 months was really too much considering we pay to use those sets,

Please adjust them so we can still use our normal sets like seducer, vicious death etc.
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Gina, it's refreshing to know that the proc issue is actively being worked on by the team. It's also nice to hear that pvpers won't have to wait until fall to see what Zenimax has planned for cyrodiil. Looking forward to Blackwood again
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clearing that all up @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear you've been able to take in a lot of feedback and provide both proc and no-proc gameplay before Update 31, when we can have the option for both.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    When is update 30 for console? This still is NOT good for console if performance is even worse, however is update 30 isn't too far from now it's better than 6mos of even crappier performance.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    As frustrating as three vanilla months is, this is.. good to hear.

Thanks... I think...
    Edited by IAmIcehouse on 12 March 2021 16:18
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, three more months of denied access to 95% of our gear.

Well, at least my new sorc is almost lvl 50. Can't wait to join the new no proc meta.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is update 30 for console? This still is NOT good for console if performance is even worse, however is update 30 isn't too far from now it's better than 6mos of even crappier performance.

Update 30 will be the upcoming Chapter release, so June.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Honestly all I really care about is Monster sets coming back. Those take time, effort and in some cases a lot of AP to acquire!

:)

@ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Quite honestly i think the overarching feeling from the community is we just want them balanced. We don't need loads of campaigns with different rules. We just want proc sets to scale with offensive stats so you can't build a tank with 3 proc sets and all their stats into survival and be as effective at killing as a glass cannon esque build with all of their attributes into offensive stats.

There are particular sets that may still need further tweaks, but essentially I don't think a proc set should be effective without investment into damage. Exactly as a skill is ineffective without decent offensive stats.

I think adding more campaigns with varying rules just complicates combat and balance for any future iterations. Not to mention, the hordes of new players we get each year.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    NIce to see those upset about the Procpocalypes were listened too by the dev team. No more fearing the Walking Dead!

Thumbs Up @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have had the most fun I have ever had in no-proc Cyrodiil. My friends that I run with agree. I am sad they will be coming back. I hope you can somehow keep them in line.

Anela
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Me like.

I hope some of that proc set work relates to balancing these sets, so they would be less polarizing.
    I think ultimately, this shouldnt be a dividing factor in the already smallish pvp player base.
    I'd rather have every set we'll balanced and enabled, then some overtuned and disabled.
    Just my 2 cents.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulation ZOS now you have mannaged to anger most people playing pvp, one way or the other.

A suggestion, create an advisory board of pvp players, including solo players, small scalers and guild raids both casual, balanced and hardcore and you may avoid this mess in the future.

GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Items that have 4 percent Healing yes they work or no they do not.

We have had an ongoing discussion about this, and testing shows it does work....

But everyone in the forums and other places say it does not.

Can we please get a yes or no... does 4 percent work or not.. on sets..
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thank you for the follow-up! I have to say that while I found it fun (and have been continuing to find it fun) to run no-proc Cyrodiil, I think it was mostly for the novelty of it and that this feeling will fade over time. I know a lot of other people super hate it though, so I'm glad they won't have to suffer through the changes for most of the year.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in here says that cross healing will be enabled on console again. Zos can you clarify if cross healing will be back or not on the flames of ambition patch for console?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best PvP in TESO history. I don’t worry at all if procsets will never be turned on.
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    Still 3 months with zero point to log in, considering slotting stars nonsense you've made out of cp.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Quite honestly i think the overarching feeling from the community is we just want them balanced. We don't need loads of campaigns with different rules. We just want proc sets to scale with offensive stats so you can't build a tank with 3 proc sets and all their stats into survival and be as effective at killing as a glass cannon esque build with all of their attributes into offensive stats.

There are particular sets that may still need further tweaks, but essentially I don't think a proc set should be effective without investment into damage. Exactly as a skill is ineffective without decent offensive stats.

I think adding more campaigns with varying rules just complicates combat and balance for any future iterations. Not to mention, the hordes of new players we get each year.

Actually I quite like the very limited amount of sets that we currently have. Stat saturated builds can do it all even without the procs. Fury, NMA, Defensive monster = tank/burst meta we had for 2 years prior to procs. Throw Eternal Vigor in the mix, and yeah, stats become to high for my taste. Too many ways to build for it to even get into fairly. Arena weapons, shesh. I haven't forgotten what that is like. And don't even get me started on ball groups and how they exponentially are strengthened by "build diversity". My only hope is they put no procs on a faction locked server. That would be my preference, personally.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this update, and the acknowledgement that the situation has caused a lot of frustration and anger in the PVP community. Knowing that there are solutions in progress to address a broad set of preferences is super encouraging.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for reducing this nonsense.

Please, next time, be carefull who you are listening to on the forums. There are loud people on forums that are immune to self critic and are blaming everything and everyone but themselves for their lack of succes in any game. In this case were the "proc sets" that for any player with half a brain can easily outplay, but which reduced the class inbalance, ofered variaty in builds and made the game more fun. Same "proc sets" are not as strong on any class and I can say that because I tried them all (Crimson, by the way, is "trash" level for any serious pvper) and while some might be a bit overtuned in certain situations, in most situations they can simply be outplayed (roll away from vateshran or zaan).

There is a quiet majority of veterans that know the games ins and outs that suddently became active on the forum after this outrage of a decision and gave ZOS some great advice. Please listen to them !
    Edited by WolfyRaps on 12 March 2021 18:53
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nothing in here says that cross healing will be enabled on console again. Zos can you clarify if cross healing will be back or not on the flames of ambition patch for console?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Sorry, yes. This will be re-enabled for consoles on Tuesday with U29 launch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Bashu wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Items that have 4 percent Healing yes they work or no they do not.

We have had an ongoing discussion about this, and testing shows it does work....

But everyone in the forums and other places say it does not.

Can we please get a yes or no... does 4 percent work or not.. on sets..

They do.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys need to consider nerfing proc sets and Malacath band because if you are reenabling them earlier than expected. With the new cp system and proc sets it’s not going to promote a healthy environment. It’s going to push people to use them even more to even play the pvp. With damage being through the roof with new cp plus proc sets it’s not going to be fun. It really would hurt the longevity of the game and it’s replay value. These tests have been by far the most fun cyrodiil has been in the past 3-4 years personally. And I’m sure many others think of it the same way. Seriously can not imagine what terrors will be created with new cp and proc sets with no further adjustment to them. It’s not going to be fun and force people to use them to even compete.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭

WolfyRaps wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for reducing this nonsense.

Please, next time, be carefull who you are listening to on the forums. There are loud people on forums that are immune to self critic and are blaming everything and everyone but themselves for their lack of succes in any game. In this case were the "proc sets" that for any player with half a brain can easily outplay, but which reduced the class inbalance, ofered variaty in builds and made the game more fun. Same "proc sets" are not as strong on any class and I can say that because I tried them all (Crimson, by the way, is "trash" level for any serious pvper) and while some might be a bit overtuned in certain situations, in most situations they can simply be outplayed (roll away from vateshran or zaan).

There is a quiet majority of veterans that know the games ins and outs that suddently became active on the forum after this outrage of a decision and gave ZOS some great advice. Please listen to them !
    There’s no way you said this with a straight face....