Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[SHOWCASE] Halloween Houses in ESO

TheValkyn
TheValkyn
✭✭✭✭✭
Post your Halloween (best holiday of the year!) or horror houses below and show us what you’ve built.

Here are mine. The brightness from videos is a bit odd. Sorry in advance.

Underwater Metropolis

https://youtu.be/wVNAjsQSIoE

A horror is unfolding in the depths. Can you find the chilling secrets before they find you?
lQRO3TV.jpg
QRUqNk2.jpg

Le Bayou Bastion

https://youtu.be/0jSEP1A2gf8

Welcome to Le Bayou Bastion. It's a taste of the south with a New Orleans meets classic horror vibe taking place right here in Tamriel.

Please feel free to swing by anytime but proceed with caution. This is the site where many have performed their last act.

bdak1hia1do9.jpeg
g02xf2hgcz73.jpeg

Underwater Metropolis Screenshots

Entry Way
dfMPRwK.jpg
SjLOkCs.jpg

Lobby/Library
yWwKQLh.jpg
lQRO3TV.jpg
VpIdfGW.jpg
dEr9Efn.jpg

Bedroom
AQUpaXF.jpg
DqdZ5en.jpg
FQOmyj9.jpg

Dining and Sitting
VuBccbf.jpg
xCzoQ7n.jpg

A look into the depths. Is that a skyscraper? Beneath the sea?!
GzMzHj7.jpg

This gate swung aside and the door just opened on it's own....
1lL1JN1.jpg

Ummm, what the?
yvk8v35.jpg

Is that a body?
nE6HCuE.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this...
QRUqNk2.jpg
cBzvQlR.jpg
G10e36P.jpg
v5NF884.jpg
2w1J8ge.jpg
Ss1Xvuc.jpg
dl6GnJJ.jpg
6CpRcVN.jpg

Some behind the scenes specials
O2jvwg6.jpg
7LeYsBT.jpg
KYM9H0X.jpg
2iW2WKB.jpg
krN4R8X.jpg
6SHqpf2.jpg

Screenshots of Le Bayou Bastion

Entry and Street
bdak1hia1do9.jpeg

Oddities shop
g02xf2hgcz73.jpeg

”Fresh” Food
h3aaut5qvd0c.jpeg

Southern Cemetery
2bzq2jp7xheg.jpeg

What's that in the service alley?
myywnlk4j09d.jpg

Is that a - man?
a8w6bzjiez5h.jpg

Shops
d9ty9k7kat75.jpeg

Potion Shop
68satcj8vqap.jpeg

9ix7sgq7qpc4.jpg
9dwmvp0yz44q.jpeg

fp9lqwieajry.jpg

Questionable Meat, Inc.
dx37wyzm4wd1.jpeg
4gmhgqhcqb2x.jpeg

ckdc0g8npxp2.jpg
xt1jmk23nns4.jpg
7bcegqip0p4o.jpg
yo43m04drrro.jpg

Fishing Spot
xdfna3d474fs.jpg

*Main Attaction*

Theater to Die For

Welcome
yyf5znhvktxg.jpeg

The tickets seem cheap but might cost you more in the end....
xcyhp5kvauyy.jpeg

3va4vf493626.jpg
sl51be1dtw2t.jpg
gnesiahxj235.jpeg

Getcha popcorn (Popcorn machine) There may or may not be moon sugar cooking on that table.
v249y8ionlby.jpg
7830ub5tv5bo.jpg
9wp29nfhu6ui.jpeg

vvvij3chco3p.jpg

Enter stage left
ejqmm7uw7d8t.jpg
mbz8ad16abjs.jpg

Huh, the crowd is dead tonight.
m7itytgceali.jpeg

kgdi488dpu29.jpg

I'm on Xbox NA. GT:Batman USC

Au revoir, my delicacies.
Edited by TheValkyn on 27 October 2020 23:38
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The broken walls surrounding the witches coven inspired me to partially "reconstruct" an abbey-ruin that once was standing there.

Just started with some base structures, some like the tower placed outside the editable area. So there are glitches like misplaced walls, and no details yet.

But already in this early state, it changes the ambience of the compound very strong :)

ORtuHgv.png

rsI7HxV.png

mtXJPe6.png

RLQILBo.png

KpfkAFp.png

SuhmEHz.png

mB71eui.png

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @markulrich1966 - thanks for doing screenshots instead of video! I don't have data to waste on videos, not to mention they bother my vertigo. Love what you've done with the place! Very creative, and a spooky vibe for sure.
  • Intha1313
    Intha1313
    ✭✭✭
    The broken walls surrounding the witches coven inspired me to partially "reconstruct" an abbey-ruin that once was standing there.

Just started with some base structures, some like the tower placed outside the editable area. So there are glitches like misplaced walls, and no details yet.

But already in this early state, it changes the ambience of the compound very strong :)

I really like this, nicely done!
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @markulrich1966 - thanks for doing screenshots instead of video! I don't have data to waste on videos, not to mention they bother my vertigo. Love what you've done with the place! Very creative, and a spooky vibe for sure.

Hmm. I’ll take some screenshots later tonight. Sorry @Sylvermynx for not accommodating your condition.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, no worries @TheValkyn - the older I get the more the vertigo messes with me. Some days (like earlier today) I couldn't even stand the game.... way too much movement on the screen. And of course there's the tight data limit with satellite too!

• TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, no worries @TheValkyn - the older I get the more the vertigo messes with me. Some days (like earlier today) I couldn't even stand the game.... way too much movement on the screen. And of course there's the tight data limit with satellite too!
    I’ll get ya squared away after work. Just need to wrap up a few things. I’ll @ you when it’s updated.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really kind of you! Looking forward to seeing them!
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by the way: the Abbey-ruin is on the NA server. It benefits from and emphesizes the spooky nature of the compound.

On EU, I did right the opposite, I "unspookied" the compound by hiding the view to all the dead trees outside.

I share 4 pictures to show how different the same area can look if you set a completely different focus :)

RJI2bYT.png

This is the exit, everything behind the gate (trellis, trees) is not reachable and only placed there to hide the tristesse of Glenumbra.

GuPcJdg.png

JeyN2IH.png

7UdkdZh.png
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bog Water Coven

Upon The Crumbling Gateway
    aIaqfJ7.jpg
    And Thru The Bitter Fog
    4s09Uqs.jpg
    Is A Place Where Secrets Are Laid
    Z37VmZN.jpg
    And Dark Intentions Are Brewed
    nnCmxP3.jpg
    With A Devotion To the Spinner
    JvZNQUq.jpg
    FE9Bzse.jpg
    A Covenant Given Only Stone And Branch May Hear
    cPZRKyk.jpg
    SEAaErN.jpg
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on 27 October 2020 23:28
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sylvermynx You're all set here! :blush: Sorry about that. I hope you enjoy!
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pmh20.png
    PMH25.png
    PMH9.png
    pmh22.png
    PMH29.png
    PMH16.png
    PMH7.png
    PMH26.png

Coldharbor house 100% built from nothing
    Edited by Xarc on 28 October 2020 03:12
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »

Oh my gosh! Outstanding - wow., you are really good at spooktacular! Again, my thanks for doing so much more work to make an older lady happy! Your Bayou Bastion reminds me of the Peterson/Child books - and the others, just wow! You are very very creative. So much imagination! Questionable Meat Inc - I laughed so hard husband was looking at me like I had totally lost my mind! (That happens a lot, as he has no clue about computers, games, the 'net etc.)

@Nomadic_Atmoran, @Xarcus - you guys also have that really subtle "almost normal" horror vibe going. Love those shots!

@markulrich1966 - wow, that other Coven setup is like a whole other place entirely!

Gosh, all of you should get prizes! Yep, I know it's not a contest, but hey.... you all win in my book!

• Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »

Oh my gosh! Outstanding - wow., you are really good at spooktacular! Again, my thanks for doing so much more work to make an older lady happy! Your Bayou Bastion reminds me of the Peterson/Child books - and the others, just wow! You are very very creative. So much imagination! Questionable Meat Inc - I laughed so hard husband was looking at me like I had totally lost my mind! (That happens a lot, as he has no clue about computers, games, the 'net etc.)

@Nomadic_Atmoran, @Xarcus - you guys also have that really subtle "almost normal" horror vibe going. Love those shots!

@markulrich1966 - wow, that other Coven setup is like a whole other place entirely!

Gosh, all of you should get prizes! Yep, I know it's not a contest, but hey.... you all win in my book!

Thank you. That's actually what I was going for. I wanted it to feel like you had been walking through the woods only to stumble on to something really sinister. I've had a few guildies that are from more rural parts tell me there's nothing scary about my house. That it just feels like walking through the woods lol.
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. That's actually what I was going for. I wanted it to feel like you had been walking through the woods only to stumble on to something really sinister. I've had a few guildies that are from more rural parts tell me there's nothing scary about my house. That it just feels like walking through the woods lol.

Uh.... I LIVE in the "outback" (which is a really good thing right now....) - and let me tell your guildies, the times you wake up at 2am KNOWING you heard something but you're not sure what, and then you hear it again and it's a cougar down in the meadow trying to kill your horse; or a coyote pack running down someone's pet cat, or just before full sunup when you hear an eagle scream as it snipes the little dog off the neighbor's deck....

The woods.... the outback.... the wilderness - it's scarier than city folk have any idea of.

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thx for feedback. ofc it's better ingame, sounds and animated things, scorpions fighting, skulls, bats & spiders, fountain & carillo sounds.

It's more the house of a witch working for Sithis.

Edited by Xarc on 28 October 2020 03:27
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    thx for feedback. ofc it's better ingame, sounds and animated things, scorpions fighting, skulls, bats & spiders, fountain & carillo sounds.

It's more the house of a witch working for Sithis.

Well, I do have a pretty good imagination, so I "heard" the sounds and "saw" the skulls etc. But yes, I do understand that in game is a better measure of spooktacular!
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh.... I LIVE in the "outback" (which is a really good thing right now....) - and let me tell your guildies, the times you wake up at 2am KNOWING you heard something but you're not sure what, and then you hear it again and it's a cougar down in the meadow trying to kill your horse; or a coyote pack running down someone's pet cat, or just before full sunup when you hear an eagle scream as it snipes the little dog off the neighbor's deck....

The woods.... the outback.... the wilderness - it's scarier than city folk have any idea of.

I love the woods but I have a mild case of claustrophobia and walking through heavily wooded areas tends to set that off. Nothing like walking through a bunch of overgrowth and stumbling on an old abandoned house.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the woods but I have a mild case of claustrophobia and walking through heavily wooded areas tends to set that off. Nothing like walking through a bunch of overgrowth and stumbling on an old abandoned house.

Oh, let me tell you about one of those....

We really live a long way out (not in actual miles, but in feeling if you know what I mean) and back when we had horses and wandered all over this half million acres of mountain, sagebrush plain, and glacial moraine valleys, we wound up out in the area just outside a very tiny settlement about 10 miles north of here. Husband mentioned he knew someone with a cabin fairly close though since it was late in hunting season he didn't know if Gary would be there, but we decided to ride by.

Um. That was NOT a good idea. The gate was wide open, which we both decided was really weird once we got to the house - because there was no one there, and the doors and all the windows were wide open. There were no car tracks, no foot prints - no one had been there in a LONG time.

We dismounted, and started really looking around because by that time we were both worried that maybe Gary had been there.... and something had happened.

And then we noticed the vultures. Hundreds of them. They all flapped and rose... and the horses panicked. So did we. We got to hell out of there. When we got back home I called the sheriff, detailed what we had seen, and we just hoped it wasn't a real problem....

Well.... it wasn't Gary. But there were three people dead in there....
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, let me tell you about one of those....

We really live a long way out (not in actual miles, but in feeling if you know what I mean) and back when we had horses and wandered all over this half million acres of mountain, sagebrush plain, and glacial moraine valleys, we wound up out in the area just outside a very tiny settlement about 10 miles north of here. Husband mentioned he knew someone with a cabin fairly close though since it was late in hunting season he didn't know if Gary would be there, but we decided to ride by.

Um. That was NOT a good idea. The gate was wide open, which we both decided was really weird once we got to the house - because there was no one there, and the doors and all the windows were wide open. There were no car tracks, no foot prints - no one had been there in a LONG time.

We dismounted, and started really looking around because by that time we were both worried that maybe Gary had been there.... and something had happened.

And then we noticed the vultures. Hundreds of them. They all flapped and rose... and the horses panicked. So did we. We got to hell out of there. When we got back home I called the sheriff, detailed what we had seen, and we just hoped it wasn't a real problem....

Well.... it wasn't Gary. But there were three people dead in there....

Yeah I would of noped out of there real quick.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well done all. There is some very cool stuff happening in those homes!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    So many awesome, spooky creations! Thanks for sharing these everyone. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work on these everyone. I love ‘em!
    Edited by TheValkyn on 29 October 2020 06:09
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come by my Velothi Reverie -- @Araneae6537 on PC NA

Trick or treat...?
    OnTW9Wv.png

J29vMkE.png

Beware what lies upstairs...
    yGnUmlC.png

And what lurks in the basement...
    5DwV2jd.png

njeFRLW.png
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn, and I thought I did a good job with MY house!
    Some gorgeous work in here.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.