The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock Spooky Rewards during the Witches Festival Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
zmcy530bz4fb.png

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Unlock Spooky Rewards during the Witches Festival Event"

Tamriel’s most ghoulish gala returns! Put monsters to the sword to receive ghastly goodies and double XP during the Witches Festival in-game event!
Staff Post
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Grab Bags, it is good idea.

I hope some day there will be some bag with indrik berries for those who missed some events.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Grab Bag idea. Great for catching up on what you've missed.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love ESO events. Witches Festival is always one of the best: rewards for things l like to do anyway.

I am concerned by the amount of items on the loot tables. Even with the grab bags, it seems like there is a TON of stuff here and it will be tough if there's something specific you're after.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    I love ESO events. Witches Festival is always one of the best: rewards for things l like to do anyway.

I am concerned by the amount of items on the loot tables. Even with the grab bags, it seems like there is a TON of stuff here and it will be tough if there's something specific you're after.

I don’t think it will be too difficult, especially with all the motifs and style pages floating around from last year. Last year was my first Witches’ Festival and I was able to complete the Dremora, Glenmoril and Hollowjack collections without difficulty. While I had hoped that there would be a new motif this year, that would be a lot for a new person to try to collect everything! I do enjoy participating in the event, especially going in groups of all skeletons! :lol:
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Hollowjack Motif pages only obtainable in the Grab Bags? Does this mean that the only way to get these in the future is with tickets? Would that mean if an alt character needed this motif, they would need to be the one redeeming the grab bag?

Edit: Question mark
    Edited by SerraKBella on 16 October 2020 04:29
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollowjack Motif pages only obtainable in the Grab Bags? Does this mean that the only way to get these in the future is with tickets? Would that mean if an alt character needed this motif, they would need to be the one redeeming the grab bag?

Motifs can be deposited in your bank and used by another character. Style pages cannot (and those don’t matter which character uses then).

You can buy Hollowjack motifs now from guild traders quite cheap. I’m not trying to discourage anyone from earning them through the event, only to know that you have options and not to stress about it. :)
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Motifs can be deposited in your bank and used by another character. Style pages cannot (and those don’t matter which character uses then).

You can buy Hollowjack motifs now from guild traders quite cheap. I’m not trying to discourage anyone from earning them through the event, only to know that you have options and not to stress about it. :)

I wonder if the price would go up this year, since you will need to spend tickets and cannot get duplicates anymore
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The first time you slay each different type of boss each day, you’ll receive a Dremora Plunder Skull."

So is this a dremora box from every different type of boss or the first time we kill any boss? Meaning we can get all 7 once per day?
    Also is this per character or per account?

Not did the event for years so can't remember.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭

Motifs can be deposited I know, but the grab bag wont drop what you already have. If my main has learned all the Hollowjack motifs pages, but my alt characters have not, then they would need to be the one redeeming them, I think, to even get them to show in the grab bags. I would love to see some clarification from ZOS on this, if possible.

I did go around yesterday and buy Hollowjack Motifs for my alts so I would not have to spend tickets on them :smile: but future alts...?

Nairinhe wrote: »

I wonder if the price would go up this year, since you will need to spend tickets and cannot get duplicates anymore

I was wondering this same thing. Also I think the Hollowjack motif pages will be bound if purchased with tickets like other things from the Impresario have been. So does that mean the current supply of Hollowjack motif pages floating around is all there will ever be obtainable from guild traders from now on?

Edit: Spelling :blush:
    Edited by SerraKBella on 16 October 2020 15:41
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    "The first time you slay each different type of boss each day, you’ll receive a Dremora Plunder Skull."

So is this a dremora box from every different type of boss or the first time we kill any boss? Meaning we can get all 7 once per day?
    Also is this per character or per account?

Not did the event for years so can't remember.

I am also wondering about this, and is there a official boss list, or type of boss list?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, Dremora box drops from each type first, not any first at all.
    As for the list - it's in the article, by type:
    Depending on the type of boss you defeat, you’ll receive one of two different Dremora Motif pages:

Final Arena Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Bows and Legs
    Dark Anchor, Geyser Bosses, Craglorn Focus Points, Harrowstorms, and zone Dragons drop Dremora Motif pages for Daggers and Gloves
    Delve Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Staves and Belts
    Final Dungeon Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Helmets and Maces
    Public Dungeon, Imperial City Bosses, and Quest Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shields and Boots
    Final Trial Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Swords and Chests
    World Bosses drop Dremora Motif pages for Shoulders and Axes
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Grab bags are a wonderful idea. However, I was hoping (as mentioned above) that previous event Indrik berries would be included. This time last year because of all the hiccups with events we could collect previously missed berries. I was hoping that would occur this time around as well as I missed quite a few events this year.

Oh well, this is a step in the right direction anyway and in the future there might be an event that lets players have an opportunity for missed items.

Hopefully if there's enough positive feedback it'll be something that can be included with each future Impressario event.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

During the Witches Festival, when you defeat a boss monster, you’ll receive a Plunder Skull in addition to its regular loot. These creepy containers have a chance to award you with the following items:

New Pieces of the Throwing Bones memento
    Combine 10 pieces to craft this collectible
    Hollowjack style items
    Dremora style items
    Witches Festival-themed recipes
    Witchest Festival-themed furnishings and furnishing recipes
    Bewitching Alchemy reagents
    …and an assortment of creepy items!

48hnykuxepl5.gif
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    Hollowjack Motif pages only obtainable in the Grab Bags?

Hollowjack style items

?
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »

During the Witches Festival, when you defeat a boss monster, you’ll receive a Plunder Skull in addition to its regular loot. These creepy containers have a chance to award you with the following items:

New Pieces of the Throwing Bones memento
    Combine 10 pieces to craft this collectible
    Hollowjack style items
    Dremora style items
    Witches Festival-themed recipes
    Witchest Festival-themed furnishings and furnishing recipes
    Bewitching Alchemy reagents
    …and an assortment of creepy items!

48hnykuxepl5.gif

Hollowjack style items are what you use to make the hollowjack armor or weapon. I don't think the style items include the motif pages. The article specifically listed that the hollowjack motif pages will be obtainable in the grab bag. But I could be wrong. That was why I was asking about this in the first place.

In the past the Plunder Skulls did drop the hollowjack motif pages, however the new Grab Bag I think is ZOS way of having it still available, but leaving room in the plunder skulls for the new items this year. Again I could be wrong and I would love some clarification from ZOS on this if possible.

Really what I am trying to get clarification on now is Hollowjack motif pages. Are they only obtainable from a grab bag using a ticket? And would you need to be using a character who has not learned that hollowjack page before to have a chance to redeem it?

I know they are in the guild stores currently ( I did purchase the missing pages for my current alt characters), however for future alt characters, would I only be able to get these pages from the impresario, since the supply of hollowjack pages will dwindle down if the pages are now bound from purchasing with a ticket?
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One question?

What are " spoopy Plunder Skull containers"?

Edit: Never mind, looks like I need to be more aware of modern culture LoL

;):p:D
    Edited by Casdha on 20 October 2020 15:24
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cab we get some confirmation of whether the in game stuff from the impresario is tradeable please. Style pages and mementos.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Cab we get some confirmation of whether the in game stuff from the impresario is tradeable please. Style pages and mementos.

Was it ever?
  • Valongo
    Valongo
    Soul Shriven
    The Witches Festival starter quest doesn't appear in the Crown Store on either my NA or EU account.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the Crimson berries are showing as already purchased and under the collections/fragments the crimson indirk mount is not even listed.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the Crimson berries are showing as already purchased and under the collections/fragments the crimson indirk mount is not even listed.
    I dont even have Crimson Indrik in Fragments menu. I only have Nascent indrik feathers... And yes, I can not buy new Berries as they game says that I already have them... And yes, I have 12/12 event tickets, so it should work, but new berries are "greyed out" in red. Also, Crimson Indrik is missing from collections menu, all uncollected mounts are there (greyed out) but the new one is not even listed there...
  • gadget2775
    gadget2775
    ✭✭
    Instructions for joining the event state "Navigate to the Holiday section of the Crown Store and acquire the free quest." However, there is no such section showing in the Crown Store and the quest starter doesn't show up on the Quest Starters tab either.
  • Athanasia_Nocnitsa
    Athanasia_Nocnitsa
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I can't buy the new berries. They are 'red' and it says 'you already have the crimson indrik mount'. There's also no tab in my collections menu :(.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DREMORA MOTIF REWARDS

Final Arena Bosses - Bows and Legs
    Dark Anchors & Overworld Bosses- Daggers and Gloves
    Delve Bosses - Staves and Belts
    Final Dungeon Bosses - Helmets and Maces
    Public Dungeon, IC & Quest Bosses - Shields and Boots
    Final Trial Bosses - Swords and Chests
    World Bosses - Shoulders and Axes

The plunder skulls are account-wide.
    You can acquire up to 7 Dremora Plunder Skulls each day by defeating each TYPE of boss.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A maximum of 7 Dremora Plunder skulls per day per account?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope that for future events the Impressario will again have furnishing items available! I always appreciate having a variety of options and some spooky furnishings would have been grand!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I am late chiming in, but 2 tickets for one chapter of the Hollowjack Motif seems ridiculous for something that is needed for an achievement and the only way to get them - what happens when no extras are floating around on stores?

Should add the basic hollowjack chapters back to the plunder skulls and maybe the Grab Bag could just drop the motif Book?

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only saw 2 "New things" The Grave Dancer weapons and the companion. :( everything else is the same as before.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    " When you open a Grab Bag, it will only ever contain items you don’t already own or know"

6 tickets, 2 grab bags with skeletal marionette parts. Already have the memento and 6 parts from last year in one of my coffers. A waste of tickets.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    " When you open a Grab Bag, it will only ever contain items you don’t already own or know"

6 tickets, 2 grab bags with skeletal marionette parts. Already have the memento and 6 parts from last year in one of my coffers. A waste of tickets.

See, stuff like this is going to make it difficult to get Hollowjack pages to complete the main achievement of this event on one character, let alone practically impossible to do on multiple characters. The was the primary joy I got out of repeating these events year after year, was earning the title on alts. They never should have taken Hollowjack pages out of the plunder skulls. @ZOS_GinaBruno , tell them to put my joy back into this event.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●