The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bad Sets

Sporigudinai
Sporigudinai
✭✭✭
Hi there guys
I´m a beginner and i´m curious about sets like Juggernaut, Draugr's Heritage, Witchman, etc.
Are this sets that bad? Are there any build for pvp that use them?

I like the idea that i can go "all in" knowing that i will heal some life to get out later.

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 17 April 2024 12:38
PC-NA
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are really not worth it. That heal is not going to save you twice in one fight and if you try going "all in" you will get killed twice in 10 seconds for sure.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO there are only a few sets that are really bad. But, certain sets require you to set builds up in very specific ways for them to work. And if those specific ways of setting up the build don't fit your play style, the set isn't going to work for you. The 3 sets you listed won't really help you in the "all in" you want. Are you trying to put together a mag or stam build? Because that will have a huge impact on the set route you may want to go.
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭✭
    I have a DK stam Redguard
    PC-NA
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried a "bad set" last night (in Cyrodiil), and it was the best thing I've ever did. What a rush, never dropping it if things doesn't change. And I'm not telling you which one. LOL

I'd really like to encourage you - try "bad" sets once in a while. You will be surprised. The meta hysteria is a bit boring. Almost impossible to find these "bad sets" in traders, if you do they usually cost like 500 gold, which is good of course.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to see a statistic on how many 160+ players use each set. Sure ZOS have it
    Rawr
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I tried a "bad set" last night (in Cyrodiil), and it was the best thing I've ever did. What a rush, never dropping it if things doesn't change. And I'm not telling you which one. LOL

I'd really like to encourage you - try "bad" sets once in a while. You will be surprised. The meta hysteria is a bit boring. Almost impossible to find these "bad sets" in traders, if you do they usually cost like 500 gold, which is good of course.

Sure thing man...... you go ahead and hang on real tight to that secret tech that everyone has yet to discover.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    they are pretty bad , yes. Or lets put it this way : There are much better alternatives.You definitely don't want juggernaut over cyrodiil's crest for example.(which is the new ''meta'' defensive set for stamDK apparently) Or you don't want witchman because well mathematically if you want a sustain set bone pirate or shacklebreaker works much better in practice.

Also as far as open world PvP goes stamden is pretty much a better, upgraded and polished version of stamDK(even more so in no-cp&battlegrounds), as bitter as that sounds. Both classes are designed as brawlers, but stamDK excels at CP dueling, stamden excels at literally everything else.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on 18 February 2019 23:34
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used witchmans on my Stam warden a long time ago and it’s pretty decent imo. I always felt like it kept me topped off on stamina since I was running bloodspawn and werewolf hide with it.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no such thing as a bad "set" or "sets" of armor in eso.
    everyone has different styles and different fighting techniques.
    just find the set that gives you what you need for defense or even for offence and "that" will be your "Good Set"
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    just find the set that gives you what you need for defense or even for offence and "that" will be your "Good Set"

Yeah yeah. there are no bad sets, every player has different fighting techniques, all classes are perfectly balanced and lag is an excuse made up by bad players.. Oh , and also pigs can most definitely fly.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi there guys
    I´m a beginner and i´m curious about sets like Juggernaut, Draugr's Heritage, Witchman, etc.
    Are this sets that bad? Are there any build for pvp that use them?

I like the idea that i can go "all in" knowing that i will heal some life to get out later.

If its the heal you are after, Crest of Cyrodiil would be better, considering you would block at least once in any situation your hp is going down (or you will die anyway). With the right CP combination and stats you can permablock and get healed with it...

Sorry, my mouth runs too much. Let me not say how and get something else nerfed.

• Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    anyone ever try the pheonix set?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sithis Touch is pretty OP for PvP.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Na0cho wrote: »

Yeah for trolling.
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Yeah for trolling.

lol that is exactly why i was wondering. what sets did you pair with it? Id love to see the video evidence of it. I probably would be laughing my ass off the whole time.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A noob tried it and got killed a second time.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Ni3tnagel
    Ni3tnagel
    ✭✭✭

Yeah yeah. there are no bad sets, every player has different fighting techniques, all classes are perfectly balanced and lag is an excuse made up by bad players.. Oh , and also pigs can most definitely fly.

But he's right with what he say....covering truth with sarcasm is childish
    Edited by Ni3tnagel on 21 February 2019 04:07
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

A noob tried it and got killed a second time.

noob probably needed a better team then.

:disappointed:
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally agree, what maybe bad for the masses may actually work for an individual when you factor in other sets and play style as well as team composition
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk man there are so pretty bad sets. Like Daedric trickery... I mean has anyone EVERY run that set?
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Sure thing man...... you go ahead and hang on real tight to that secret tech that everyone has yet to discover.

Well, it's the first time I've actually found that a set that costs like 500-2000 in perfect traits, is actually performing so well, that I can drop an otherwise necessary skill for my build. I've even been messaged about being reported for cheating since I wrote that post. I'm not trying to say I'm constantly spitting out overpowered builds or anything, but this set really did a difference. Whether or not it's working as it should I can't really tell. But I can safely say, I have never seen anyone recommend it for any build. If I say which one it is and for what, it will probably be "nerfed" sooner or later.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wore the phoenix set for about a year on my mag sorc, I mostly paired it with vicious death at the time...

it worked great and was a blast...won't save you in every situation, but, saved me in a whole bunch of them...worked well in pve too...

variety though is the spice of life, and, after a while simply moved on to different builds...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are some cases in PvE where this set can shine I guess.(for no death runs). I used this set for that purpose a few times when I wasn't very confident in my ''avoid the red'' skills, however just having it equipped gave me a confidence boost so high that I didn't even need it to begin with. Buut that was years ago and I didn't knew how to play back then , so I don't recommend doing the same thing.
    Ni3tnagel wrote: »

But he's right with what he say....covering truth with sarcasm is childish

wearing pink glasses is what I call childish.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on 24 February 2019 18:12
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If youre going medium armor try to use bone pirate + armor master back bar + agility front bar and blood spawn,
    Infused jewelry with weapon damage, warrior mondus, and try to get around 3k crit resist (In CP).
    Should be a good starter.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭✭
    SO, some years later, still have any "bad sets" that can secretly shine?
    PC-NA
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Idk man there are so pretty bad sets. Like Daedric trickery... I mean has anyone EVERY run that set?

Well I don't disagree with you about there being some bad sets. Spelunker is my go to for an example of an utterly useless pile. But Daedric Trickery? Yeah, that' one was quite popular for a while. It's still decent though I think some of the newer stuff outshines it.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.