The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to find the new vendors. So far, I have (from the patch notes):
    • Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator in each alliance capital
    • Zanil Theran, the Luxury Furnisher, can be found in the Hollow City at weekends
    • Achievement Furnishers, can be found "throughout Tamriel, including Cyrodiil"
    • Home Goods Furnishers, "throughout Tamriel in each alliance's main city and all capitals"
    Does anyone know specifics for the Achievement and Home Goods Furnishers? Is there one of each per zone, or more/less than that?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great effort from ZOS and I congratulate you guys for it.

I'll go straight to the things I believe should be looked at:

- Price / capacity disparity: a manor is way to expensive for such low capacity. Increase furniture / trophies / collectibles caps by at least 30% more or lower the prices, if it stays like this a manor is simply not worth 4MM gold.
    - Bad crown store furniture preview: furniture looks way too close and can't appreciate anything. Large items like statues are the worst. I suggest to make a "zoom out - zoom in" option on furniture preview.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of bugs I found:

Can't sit correctly on Orcish stone thrones.
    32082043516_a097bdd223_o.png

Medium sized Orc home has some flickering on the staircase section
    31279756394_4cda368a77_o.png

Getting UI error when crafting furnitures
    32120947975_a690e8db6c_o.png

Floating pillows in the pre-furnished Sentinel home
    32082050236_48aa995fb8_o.png

Edited by MarkusLiberty on 5 January 2017 17:42
    *Special Snowflake*

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

Yes. Yes, I bought a house before doing the quest, so I wasn't able to use the vendor. I was able to get a piece of furniture from the furnished house I bought and use it for the quest though.

Home Previewing

Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

Preview, yes. Did not try to buy with gold. I bought with crowns so I could see the furnishings.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?

Crown Store.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?

Yes

Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?

No.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?

No.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?

Haven't tried yet.

Specialty Furnishings

Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?

No. But I probably will today.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources?

Yes.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?

Yes. There is an issue if a chair is too close to a table though. Your character stands right back up.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?

Allow yes. Didn't try restricting.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?

No. I don't care for dueling. I do hope this becomes a thing though and there is less dueling in the open world.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?

I think it is funny you get a lot of achievements for buying a furnished house with crowns. I would think the achievements would be reserved for players that craft items themselves.

Which was your favorite home, and why?

Mathiisen. I think it had the best balance of interior and exterior space.

What did you think of the prices for each home?

Probably about right, although maybe we should get a discount if we complete all the quests in that zone, since the populace should love us at that point?

Are you an ESO Plus member?

Yes.

Do you have any other general feedback?

First the good:

- I enjoyed the decorating feature. My daughter will love it more though. I think you guys did well with it.

- The target skeleton is good. I would like it better if you would set it to 10,000,000 health though. I have a feeling the recipe is going to be really rare for it though. As will also be the "animus stones" to make it.

My main gripes are as follows:

- Wayshrines inside the houses to travel out. This needs to be included. Some of the houses are in inconvenient places. It is a bigger problem in PTS since the population is lower, but I would like to have it in live as well since there are not always players where I want to go.

- Being able to /camp or /quit inside the house without the 10 second count down. If the intention is for use to park characters inside the houses this is a annoyance, and will probably lead to me just using the house for the target skeleton.

- I would like to be able to enter doors while in decorating mode. Currently you have to exit the mode, enter the door, then re-enter decorating mode to decorate the house.
    Playing since beta...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is funny you get a lot of achievements for buying a furnished house with crowns. I would think the achievements would be reserved for players that craft items themselves.
    Wut? I didn't look into the achievements very closely but IMO there shouldn't be any achievements that require a Crown Store purchase.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proposal: Since there are some Crown Store-exclusive houses, maybe there should be some Gold-exclusive houses too. Drop the prices 30%-40% and make the three Manors with titles Gold-only. Then there's no buying those titles from the Crown Store, and the Manors are a true reward for quest completion.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of bugs I found:
    Floating pillows in the pre-furnished Sentinel home
    32082050236_48aa995fb8_o.png

Yeah, that's the one, I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a bed there, between the two nightstands. When I first noticed the lack of a bed in that place, I didn't notice the pillows at first.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorkrunne wrote: »
    The water in both Earthtear Cavern and Hunding's Palatial Hall will kill players, but there is no clear indication of how far we can swim before we insta-die without hope of swimming back closer.

Please create invisible walls that prevent our movement further out OR create visible walls that prevent us from moving further out.

Anything is better than wondering if we will or will not suddenly die. I know my main purpose in buying these homes is so my character and guests can swim in them.

Build a wall.

and make the slaughter fish pay for it.

good luck with that.

@jedtb16_ESO
    Dammit, you blew my cover at work, what with me falling off my chair laughing :)
  • nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    As a PS4 player, I've not been able to test anything myself, but after spending a day and a half pouring over the patch notes and watching streams from people on the PTS, I can honestly say that this is the single most disappointing thing about Homestead.....
      • Guild Reprints of Shalidor's Library
        • After you complete a collection from Shalidor's Library, a Mages Guild reprint of that collection will be available on any Mystic for a moderate fee.
        • Each reprint contains individual volumes of every book in that collection. These reprint volumes can be placed in your home, and you or your guests can read them at any time.
        • Reading a reprint volume does not grant Mages Guild reputation or progress towards Shalidor's Library--only the original version of a book counts for that!

This was, for me, going to be one of the two reasons to be excited for housing (the other being the dps dummy), but now, thanks to the final bullet point, it seems to be utterly worthless. I know there are add-ons for PC to help ease the grind of collecting the lorebooks, but even if you do use them (on the only 1 of this games 3 platforms on which they are available) it is a really tedious chore to level up mages guild.

Whilst I completely understand that it would be an issue if an entire 500 player guild could max their mages guild skill line on all of their characters if these reprinted books did give mages exp to anyone that read them, surely there is a way to make them only readable by the player that owns the house? Or only confer the mages guild exp to the player that owns the house?

Even if the sets of books were very expensive, at least they would provide something that would be worth working for. As it stands, any character with eidetic memory can re-read the text of these books from their lorebooks menu for free already (not that anyone actually cares about reading the text itself!), so this feature will be effectively pointless.

Whilst many players (myself included) will find it cool to own their own little part of the world and play around with decorating everything, you have to admit that there is actually very little in this update that has practical use. Crafting stations is one, and although you can easily find them in every city in the game, having them all in one organised spot will be really convenient. The DPS dummy is another, although I admit this only really serves a purpose for competitive PvE players and is little more than an expensive decoration for everyone else. The lore books could easily be a 3rd 'must have' feature for the majority of players, but as it stands, this feature ZOS has already done plenty of work to implement, has been robbed of the key aspect that would make it worthwhile, the mages guild experience. Please, please, please have look at reassessing this decision. I want my house to have a genuine purpose that will keep me going back there with every one of my characters, not somewhere I'll make look pretty in 2 weeks then never have to return to.

tl;dr - buying the shalidor's library lore books is literally pointless if reading them does not confer mages guild exp to your own characters. Please reconsider this, even if it means raising their cost tenfold :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno
      Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
      Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!
    1. Ilsabet
      Ilsabet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Enodoc wrote: »
      Does anyone know specifics for the Achievement and Home Goods Furnishers? Is there one of each per zone, or more/less than that?

I discovered that each zone has that pair of merchants standing together in one city or town in that zone, but not always the obvious city. For example, the Eastmarch vendors were at Fort Amol and the Malabal Tor vendors were in Vulkwasten. If there are actually more than one pair in each zone, I never caught sight of the others. They're not too hard to find if you consult the zone map first and look for them in the NPC lists of shopping areas and inns. Occasionally they'll have their own icon on the map that looks like a chair.

The achievement vendor sold 5-6 items ranging from blue to gold quality that each had a prerequisite of a major quest achievement from that zone. The items were specific to the zone (you could get braziers in the style of Grahtwood, Alik'r, and Greenshade, for example) and often related to the questline of the zone (such as a replica Ansei blade from Alik'r Desert). They were pretty pricy too, up to 100k for the biggest gold-quality items.

The home goods vendor sold more modest fare, mostly the same basic stuff with a varying number of zone-specific decor. I think the green-plus quality specific items were all plants and trees.

Aside from those two NPCs, there was also an Altmer lady selling more general achievement-related goodies, like a boat for Master Anglers and a Tamriel map for Tamriel Trailblazers. I want to say she showed up in the alliance capitals and was standing near the others.

As far as my feedback for the achievement furnishings, I'd mostly say that the prices could stand to be significantly lower considering that we already have to do the work to get the achievements to be able to buy the items at all. I was being quite wanton with my pretend PTS money, and went through over a million gold pretty quickly just buying up what I liked from the achievement vendors. Maybe the achievement furnishings are supposed to be especially rare in practice, but to spend more on a statue than a house seems not quite right.
      Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
      Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
      My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
      Ilsabet's Headcanon
      The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
      PC NA
    2. danno8
      danno8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can not complete the quest "A friend in Need". When I go to the Home Furnisher Merchants they have nothing to sell.

edit: Turning off all addons fixed it.
      Edited by danno8 on 5 January 2017 15:43
    3. Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ilsabet wrote: »
      Enodoc wrote: »
      I discovered that each zone has that pair of merchants standing together in one city or town in that zone, but not always the obvious city. For example, the Eastmarch vendors were at Fort Amol and the Malabal Tor vendors were in Vulkwasten. If there are actually more than one pair in each zone, I never caught sight of the others. They're not too hard to find if you consult the zone map first and look for them in the NPC lists of shopping areas and inns. Occasionally they'll have their own icon on the map that looks like a chair.
      Great, thanks!
    4. jmgrant44ub17_ESO
      jmgrant44ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭

The House of the Silent Magnifico has a large outdoor area that can't be used by the housing editor. When you exit the upstairs door it says “Exit to Sentinel”. The only way to get there is though the house.
    5. Jezveot
      Jezveot
      I made a post recently about two additions I have for housing that may or may not have been mentioned yet. I would like to post them here as well so they're not lost in PTS Oblivion.

First and foremost, locking items. I believe that having the option to lock items would benefit our housing experience immensely. Say you have a few items in your house you wouldn't like moved. Someone with decoratorative permissions may still move items, just not certain items you believe are in the right place.

Secondly, moderators. I wouldn't mind if people visited my house; however, I do not want anyone being unruly in my home. If I'm not there, but a friend or someone from my guild is, I want to be able to give them permission kick someone and/or ban the unruly guest from my house if they deem them unworthy to stay. Even if I am there, having a second person (or multiple people) who can make an executive decision without me having to make it would be an excellent addition.
    6. Taternater
      Taternater
      ✭✭✭
      Ont the PTS my guild leader came over to my house in game. I had him set to decorator but the guild set to visiter. He couldn't move anything. Next I went to his house. He had both the guild and me set to decorator. I moved his cooking fire. It seems guild permissions trump individual permissions. Would it be possible to reverse that?
    7. SorataArisugawa
      SorataArisugawa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SickDuck wrote: »
      Houses look great in general, even the smaller ones are really nice and affordable.

The only one I did not like is the AD manor which is massively underwhelming for the price. The interior is smaller than most large house. It cannot even be compared to the other two mansions considering the price - even half price would feel expensive. Would really like to see a decent manor on AD side too, the other alliances are great.

[...]

This. For me it is the weakest of all the manors. Not because the main building has to be bigger. At least it is not the only way to fix it, I think. A nice second living Building would make this mansion interesting. Sadly, it is in Reapers March. I don't like this place (red earth...)
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    8. SorataArisugawa
      SorataArisugawa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kikazaru wrote: »
      I think it would be awesome if I can hire NPCs like a cook, butler, minstrel, guards, etc, etc for my manors. I want my homes to feel more alive!

Yeah, that has to be implemented!
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    9. Carbonised
      Carbonised
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SOME FEEDBACK ON THE INDIVIDUAL HOUSES:

After having taken a tour over most of the available houses, I want to leave my feedback for some of them.

First of all, walls, walls, walls, walls. If you know anything about real estate, you know that location is everything. Location is for a huge part the view. Why in the name of the Nine Divines did you then block off pretty much all the view in most of the homes, especially the Dunmer ones, with huge walls and towering mountains? Man I'm so disappointed by this. You should have kept invisible area barriers instead of completely blocking off view of the scenery. These houses feel so claustrophobic, even when empty!

Daggerfall Manor home
      This one is rather well made, you have a large courtyard, much stable room, a large interior and plenty of space upstairs and downstairs. Doesn't feel locked in that much.

Khajiit Sand manor
      The largest house in the AD is also rather well made, an extremely large exterior with lots of sky and space makes this feel like your own private isle much like the crown store bought one.

Ebonheart castle
      This may be the house that disappoints me the most. Ever since seeing that there would be a house for sale in Stonefalls right next to the lava flow, I have ben excited. Stonefalls is easily my favourite zone, and my Dunmer DK would have loved that place. HOWEVER, the outside is extremely cramped. Huge walls and mountains block off pretty much all the view, you can't even see the lava flow outside, only glimpse it on the other side of that stone wall. I feel claustrophobic even when outside the house, and it gets even worse inside. Cramped space, small rooms, low ceiling bums this house out so much that I don't even want to buy it anymore. The stable is small, there is no huge garden area or outside area like the other manor houses. Why didn't you keep the lava flow right outside the house instead of blocking it off with the stones and walls? That would have made this house so much more epic. As it is now, it's just a larger version of the other Dunmeri houses, nothing special. Extremely disappointing!

Indoril House, Velothi House
      The Indoril house and Velothi house suffer from the exact same issues as the Ebonheart Castle. Cramped, small exteriors, huge walls blocking off everything. One of the houses would have a great view over the lakes of Deshaan, but you can barely see them due to the huge walls blocking everything off. Small rooms in the interior, uninspired, bland, hugely disappointing.

Hunding Palace
      Easily one of the best houses in the game. Huge exterior, large interior, and multiple viewpoints all over. There is even a sundeck on the balcony where you can place furniture and enjoy the view far in all directions, or the pool area where you have the beach and the view all over the ocean. THIS is what a house should be and feel like, the Dunmer houses are shameful and embarassing compared to this. But alas, not everyone fits a Redguard themed house on Stros M'kai. Great if you're a redguard or like the tropics, a pity if you play any other race.

Craglorn cave
      This one is gorgeous. Of course you saved the best of the homes for crown store, eh .. Even in a home that's supposed to be a cave, you manage to make it feel lofty and huge, instead of cramped and claustrophobic. A very nice home, and I bet it will cost a huge amount of real life money.

Concluding:
      Some of the houses are really good, especially the Crown Store ones (no surprise there .. I mean, Craglorn and the tropical island are miles beyond any of the others, even the 3.5 Mil manors). What makes a good house? View, view, view, view!
      I get that these are mini zones and instanced, but you could at least have made all the barriers half or a third of their actual size, and kept the invisible barriers instead of the visible ones.
      Those Dunmeri houses, even the manor, are extremely disappointing due to their lack of real outdoor space, and huge, cramped walls and mountains. The manor house absolutely needs large balconies with an overview of nearby Ebonheart and the lava flow next to the house. The interiors are also pretty disappointing. Just copies of the Dunmer houses you see everywhere else in the zones. The Khajiit palace is so much more attractive, even the Breton one outshines the Ebonheart Castle. If this goes to live with no change at all, I might just forego having a house altogether, as a Dunmer there are none of my race houses I feel are worth the money, and it doesn't fit my character to stay in neither Hunding nor Reaper's March.
      I really hope you'll consider brushing up on some of these before they are made available.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Edited by Carbonised on 5 January 2017 16:40
    10. Ilsabet
      Ilsabet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Questions answered based on my limited testing experience so far:

• Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
        I didn't do the quest because I was impatient to get to the house stuff so I just bought the houses I wanted with pretend crowns.
      • Home Previewing
      • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
        Previewing was generally fine, but I didn't buy any homes with gold because of the aforementioned impatience. Also it occurred to me later that I would have had less pretend gold to throw at furnishings if I had bought my houses with gold so I'm glad I didn't do that (at least for PTS; I intend to buy everything on live with gold).
      • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
        Crown store, because it was the fastest and easiest way to quickly look at a lot of homes.
      • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
        I didn't realize you could preview a furnished home. I only noticed that you could switch to furnished when I had already decided to throw pretend crowns at a furnished home just to see what they would give me. As others have mentioned, tying the preview options to the Buy Home button is confusing.
      • Furnishing Sourcing
      • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
        Yes. It was initially hard to find the Achievement Furnishers and it's a bit confusing and inconvenient to have to travel to every zone to get everything related to achievements, but once I got used to the system it makes sense somewhat that you get the zone-specific items in the zone where you got the achievements. If there's a way to preview items before buying from NPC vendors, I didn't see it, but that would be excellent to have, especially since currently most icons don't show you what the actual item looks like.

I had the same issue that others did where large items were difficult to see and place because of their size.
      • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
        Yes. I probably wouldn't have found him if I hadn't already been in the Hollow City looting everything for new blueprints, but once I stumbled across him I had no trouble buying and using his wares.
      • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
        I don't run a lot of dungeons in general so I haven't tried this.
      • Specialty Furnishings
      • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
        Once I realized that regular trade/craft vendors sold new housing stuff, I found a mystic that sold a lot of book collections. (I probably wouldn't have known to visit a mystic for library books if I hadn't been checking every vendor I saw.) I bought three of the collections. It was not immediately clear that they were containers that wouldn't show up in my housing UI until I opened them. I actually sort of forgot about them until I saw another mystic and thought "wait didn't I already buy some books" and checked my inventory until I found the containers.

The fact that you can take out individual books from the container is good, because all of those books would take up a crapton of space individually if you had to take them all out at once.

I had some issues when I tried to place the books in my furnished home (Hunding's Palatial Hall). The books are too large to fit on bookshelves the way you would normally orient them, so I had to lay them flat. In this orientation only two books could fit on each shelf. This will be immediately problematic if someone wants to display an entire collection on one shelf, or even find a place for all of the books in a container without just having piles of books stacked all over the place.

Once I had placed the books, it took some time for an interact prompt to appear after I switched out of the editor, but after that I was able to read the book fine.
      • Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
        The prompt when I hovered over the lighting items was clear, yes.
      • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
        I didn't try sitting on chairs outside my home. Chairs within the home were buggy as other people have mentioned. I'd immediately stand up after sitting, there were clipping issues with my character, and when I tried to sit on an Altmer throne that my goat was already occupying, I got stuck inside the throne until I wiggled my way out. Also some chairs in the furnished home gave me the sit prompt and others didn't, so I didn't know which ones I could use without hovering over everything to see what gave me the prompt.
      • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
        I didn't play with permissions at all.
      • Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
        I'm not the dueling type.
      • Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
        I didn't inspect these enough to say so. I noticed a lot of achievements popping up for learning blueprints and gathering new materials and I guess you get some for having a certain number of furnishings in your home based on the ones that popped up when I bought the furnished large home. So those are cool to have for doing what I'm doing anyway, and I'll have to look closer to see if there are any titles or dyes that I want to work toward.

The only titles I'm aware of right now are the ones for buying manors, which are nice titles but probably not something that I would throw money at unless I decided it was worth spending all that money for the home(s) itself.
      • Which was your favorite home, and why?
        Of the ones I visited, the Hunding's Palatial Hall, because of the large, varied, and lovely outside amenities and the ample indoor space. I'll probably put off buying that, though, since I'd feel more comfortable starting with one of the smaller and more manageable homes.

I'm currently leaning toward buying Mournoth Keep because it has a lot of space in the courtyard and I like the levels and entrances of the interior, and my Breton likes the idea of being in a little isolated nook of High Rock. (It remains to be seen whether that dolmen right outside will be annoying, though. I don't know yet if you get ambient noise from outside the estate.)
      • What did you think of the prices for each home?
        They're aight. Honestly my wallet is more concerned about the overall cost of all of the achievement-related furnishings I'll want to buy, which will easily add up to more than I spend on a house (see my earlier post about that).

The difference in pricing between houses of the same tier is interesting. I checked out the Gorinir Estate because it was the cheapest large home that wasn't made of mud, and I was very impressed with the exterior space while the pods themselves were quite modest. It's still a good option for someone who wants to save half a mil off of the more generously appointed Hunding palace. But in some cases, as others have mentioned, you'd have to weigh what you're getting for the price.
      • Are you an ESO Plus member?
        No. At some point I'm planning to sub for a month to take advantage of some perks, but that will be a temporary thing.
      • Do you have any other general feedback?
        It's difficult to find relevant NPCs until you stumble across them. I'd particularly like it if the master crafter dude was around permanently so I could see what he's offering without having to already have a master writ in hand. I spent a while searching for him in-game before I found a forum post that explained that prerequisite.

Item previews and placements need to be scaled or something so that you can see the entire item while you're previewing or placing it.

It's good to be able to merge items into walls or floors or whatever if we want, but often even when I had the surface sliding or whatever it was called on, items would go through walls or other previously-placed items making it hard to place the new item in a realistic fashion. More collision I guess would be good if we have that setting enabled.

My excitement at finding new blueprints was quickly harshed by the realization that I didn't have the mats to make them. Part of that was the fact that I hadn't gone gathering the new materials yet, but needing 20 or 50 of something for a single item is a huge mat sink. (And I say that as a hoarder who has a pretty decent stash.)

As a questing completionist, I kind of dig the quest achievement requirements for buying houses with gold, but I can see that being off-putting to people who like a home but haven't done the 60+ quests to get Grahtwood Adventurer or whatever.

I'd still really like the option to mount rare fish I've caught on the walls. The Master Angler boat is rad, and I'll definitely be looking for goodies to fish up, but it'd be cool to get some along-the-way accoutrements for those of us who haven't quite reached Master Angler yet.

Also I found more stolen items I'd like to have in my house during my looting spree than I found blueprints, and none of the blueprints were for the kind of awesome stolen stuff I'd like to have. Furniture is nice and all, but can I get a model pirate ship or a Dibella figurine?

Having furnishings taking up regular inventory space is going to make me cry.

The cheese grater item from the Mages Guild guy has the wrong Mages Guild quest listed as a prerequisite.

/just throwing stuff out there

Edit: Having reviewed a list of datamined furnishing items, it seems that some fish and other goodies are available somehow somewhere. I just need to figure out how to get them.
      Edited by Ilsabet on 5 January 2017 20:14
      Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
      Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
      My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
      Ilsabet's Headcanon
      The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
      PC NA
    11. danno8
      danno8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      One quick thing.

In regards to the DPS skeleton. Is there a way it can fight back a little bit? Many sets in this game proc off all sorts of incoming damage, both for extra damage and extra mitigation, sustain etc..

With dummies that don't fight back, it makes these sets impossible to guage in their effectiveness.

Perhaps the dummies, once engaged in battle, could have a small damaging attack that does 1 physical, fire, shock, frost, poison damage per second in order to help proc set bonuses.
    12. GaldorP
      GaldorP
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think two things are really missing when it comes to functionality of player houses, and that's guild store/bank access and a repair function (like NPC merchants offer it). I understand the financial interest to lock regular bank and merchant access behind paygates, but still... for 5000 crowns I think it wouldn't hurt if those assistants provided additional functions (guild store/bank access and repair function) when placed in player houses. I think more players would buy them if they provided those functions (only when placed in and interacted with at player houses). That would make houses so much more convenient.
      Edited by GaldorP on 5 January 2017 16:55
    13. luen79rwb17_ESO
      luen79rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bad design on skeleton dummy:

- Should be easier to craft
      - Should have made different types (mob skellie, Dungeon skellie, raid skellie)
      - Should allow different stances and status effects (ofensive skellie, defensive skellie, shielded skellie, Impen skellie, buffed skellie, debuffed skellie)

Very bland, expensive and overall bad design IMO.
      PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    14. ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager
      Thanks so much for your feedback so far, everyone! The team is finding all this to be very helpful.
      Taternater wrote: »
      Ont the PTS my guild leader came over to my house in game. I had him set to decorator but the guild set to visiter. He couldn't move anything. Next I went to his house. He had both the guild and me set to decorator. I moved his cooking fire. It seems guild permissions trump individual permissions. Would it be possible to reverse that?
      Yep, this is a bug. Individual permissions should be trumping guild permissions.

Bad crown store furniture preview: furniture looks way too close and can't appreciate anything. Large items like statues are the worst. I suggest to make a "zoom out - zoom in" option on furniture preview.
      There are a few furniture items that are zoomed in way too much - we're working on getting these fixed.
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Staff Post
    15. milkbox
      milkbox
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Philgo68 wrote: »
      Played around with houses. Bought some, moved and place furnishings. Happened to have one in my inventory, and left to do the initial housing quest.

Progressed fine until I needed a piece of Furniture. First had to disable every addon I had, but then could buy from Rohzika in Daggerfall. But alas, the quest does not advance. I've purchased 8 different kinds of funtiture, and the quest is still sitting at 0/1.

Finally, I destroyed all the furniture I had in inventory and then bought another piece and the quest advanced.

--Philgo

This happened to me, too. I bought some crown store houses and furniture, yesterday, then tried to do the quest today.

I could not progress in the quest until I deleted all of the furniture in my inventory. Really glad I remembered seeing it mentioned here and was able to solve it!
    16. Daz_dingoeb17_ESO
      Daz_dingoeb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Some of the things I didn't quite enjoy is that there was no preview for the furniture on the crafting table and also the preview on the editor does not let you zoom out on bigger items. A preview like in Skyrim would be much more welcome than this one

And lastly I was disappointed when I realized that non combat pets are stationary in your house like statues. I was hoping they would move around and make the place feel alive, same goes for assistants. I don't mind for the mounts but an animation that would show them eat or something would be welcome as well
      Uncle Sheo is the best
    17. Caff32
      Caff32
      ✭✭✭✭
      The biggest annoyance is the amount of areas that are inaccessible in a home. For example, the Strident Springs place has a cool watchtower on the west side overlooking Arenthia. I can use planks to get to the top of the tower, but invisible walls prevent me going in the middle of it. Same with the walls on the far east side. You can get into the tower, but can't jump down onto the walls or otherwise access them. Those houses would be way more fun if you could get onto the walls and place things, like PvP items such as Trebs, Catapults, Oil, etc. Those things belong on the watchtowers and walls!
    18. Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
      I completed the quest with a minor issue, quest marker on the furniture vendor didn't go away after buying furniture. The next marker appeared but this could be confusing. Otherwise the quest worked fine.

Home Previewing
      Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
      Preview worked great, bought them with Crowns though.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
      All three methods used, worked fine.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
      Yes

Furnishing Sourcing
      Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Did not attempt to purchase achievement items

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?Did not try.
      Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? Nope

Specialty Furnishings
      Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Didn't try
      Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes, easy enough

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? Some chairs provided no interaction prompt. Some did but your character stands up immediately after sitting down. Other chairs worked, but other players would still see your character in sitting pose with no chair underneath, after they stood up and stand still

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Yes

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? Yes. Duels worked fine. Naked bare knuckles boxing matches. Much laughs were had.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? As I like to save story and relevant content/accomplishments for live, I did not pay any attention to the achievements

Which was your favorite home, and why? As a Nord it hurts me a tiny bit that my favorite overall was the Ebonheart Chateau and my favorite view was some Khajiity skooma factory in an AD mudhole. I did really like both of the Nordly options in the Rift though.

What did you think of the prices for each home? I think the prices are as they should be. Entry level stuff is pretty accessible and the luxury stuff is priced as luxury homes would be. THAT EBONHEART DUNMER ERP DUNGEON CASTLE WILL BE MINE

Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes

Do you have any other general feedback? DPS Test Skele is going to be a very commonly wanted item and due to the various walls in front of being able to make it, plus the cost of the materials used, this may end up being a sore point for many. Something with this sort of much wanted utility should be on a furnishing vendor for a moderate amount of gold.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    19. Jeshima
      Jeshima
      ✭✭
      I was surprised that there was so little room for placing things - like the mounts/pets - in the small houses. I could only put out 2 mounts, then the house complained and said that I didnt have room for any more collectibles? Bah, thats not enough...

But over all - fantastic work! Really impressive and I love the houses. I would like if every house has at least SOME outside space, so we can place crafting stations outside in the sun.
    20. Jeshima
      Jeshima
      ✭✭
      Another thing: I did some edits to my houses. The next time I logged in, all edits were gone. Things I have displayed were missing, the stuff I had moved where back in their original places. This happened both in the snug pod and the black vine villa.

At the "Black vine villa". I cant sit on the wooden bench by the table, not even if I move it.

I do think the furnish/unfurnished options should be clearer when previewing a house. At first I didnt see it.
      Edited by Jeshima on 5 January 2017 17:56
    21. leepalmer95
      leepalmer95
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jeshima wrote: »
      I was surprised that there was so little room for placing things - like the mounts/pets - in the small houses. I could only put out 2 mounts, then the house complained and said that I didnt have room for any more collectibles? Bah, thats not enough...

But over all - fantastic work! Really impressive and I love the houses. I would like if every house has at least SOME outside space, so we can place crafting stations outside in the sun.

Well the point of the small or starting homes if that they are mean't to be teasers or temp. Your mean't to save up or something and buy a bigger house.

The only thing that i can say wasn't good was the prices, they are good overall i guess and i have enough to buy a manor but most people can barely get 100k nevermind a few hundred thousand to over a mil for a large house. Plus the cost to actual craft items or buy them for the house is very expensive.

Even a basic stone slab is going to cost like 500-600 gold per one just because of the crafting mats, some of the higher quality items take 2-6 tempers of that color.
      PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...