Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• PlundersYourDungeon
    PlundersYourDungeon
    Soul Shriven
    Do the vampires have another form, like in Skyrim or is it just the werewolves?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the vampires have another form, like in Skyrim or is it just the werewolves?

Not another form, but the look of their skin changes as the vampirism stage increases.
  • Tadashi
    Tadashi
    1. Will you possibly be doing a DLC for Akavir including the raises like those monkey people ect.
    2. Along with that DLC would it be possible for there to be any new skill lines like Oblivion for example bringing back the Monk skill line so you can train unarmed. The skill line from Oblivion really makes your character feel unique.
    3. Spell making, could that be a possible thing? (I understand these questions are a bit far fetched and I shouldn't get my hopes up)
  • siryoshi17
    siryoshi17
    Soul Shriven
    Got a few questions
    I'm in Stonefalls in Ebonheart I practically just started the game. I want to do a bunch of side quests and then venture off into Black Marsh, my favorite province, as it is home of the Argonians, the race I play as. Is it advised to go there or not?
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    It's something on Steam's end rather than ZOS's end. Steam doesn't want to give away a key that's its selling because when you buy a game on Steam, Valve gets money out of it. if you buy a game elsewhere that isn't a steam key, Valve doesn't get money for it. But a lot of us bought the game prior to it being on Steam
    wraith808 wrote: »
    There's nothing in place on Steam for the gifting of the codes without Zenimax having to take the hit. I know other companies that are in the same situation, and they have the same conundrum. Some choose to pay steam it's money and give them to the purchasers. But that's being nice, and shouldn't be expected.

I see....
    ....thanks both for reply. It does sucks non the less, form both parts nobody wants to bend.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well since you say "ask us anything" I shall ask.

Why don't you ever truly listen to your playerbase? Oft times we make suggestions that could improve things but you never take them into consideration such as running maintenance every week instead of every 2 weeks.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 18 August 2015 01:00
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just want to know if there are any plans to implement jewelry craft within the foreseeable future?
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • apav
    apav
    ✭✭
    Will you add more mounts to the game that can only be purchased with gold? Not being able to buy every every mount that comes to the crown store for a limited time breaks my completionist heart. Having more outside of the crown store that require reputation and a lot of gold so they are harder to get would be nice.
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Is there any rumors or talks of flying mounts? I think that would add a great depth even if flight cannot ascend too high. thanks!

*****Vikerion
    EH*/*

Will not happen. The world is not open and built for flying mounts. You'd have to completely redesign the game world from the ground up, and you'd encounter problems like people flying over cyrodiil.

also map isn't big enough to handle it.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be feasible to offer extra storage slots as a perk of ESO plus?

The idea is generating a bunch of interest.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    here are my questions:
    1) where is Vvardenfell, is Vvardenfell going to be added?
    2) where is the dark brotherhood?
    3) where is the thieves guild?

thank you

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I too want to know where Vvardenfell is! Plus the two guilds.
    Edited by Volkodav on 18 August 2015 17:47
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. When are Shields going to be dyable?
    2. Also can we have metallic style dyes for our weapons, some of the colours we get are off-putting, and we would like to dye them colours we can live with?
    3. When can we craft jewellery?
    4. Will we ever get a barbershop, so we can change hairstyles and maybe tatoos and scars.

you don't see jewelry on your character, so why would you want to have jewelry dying??? ;) lol

Haven't asked for jewellery dyeing, I asked for crafting Jewellery, so I can make the rings and amulets I want. (stats and maybe set bonuses)

I also asked for Shields and weapons to be dyed, but not pink or any other silly colour (oh alright you can dye your shield pink, just don't let me see it).

oh, yes. srry I read it wrong. but now we are on it, wouldn't it be cool if we could see our rings on our fingers like we could in skyrim. ;)

You could see your jewelry in Morrowind too!
  • Areso1
    Areso1
    Do you have any plans on adding a new race or class that you can play as
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    siryoshi17 wrote: »
    Got a few questions
    I'm in Stonefalls in Ebonheart I practically just started the game. I want to do a bunch of side quests and then venture off into Black Marsh, my favorite province, as it is home of the Argonians, the race I play as. Is it advised to go there or not?

@siryoshi17: Depending on your personal skill level and play style, you might want to level a little first. Shadowfen is level 24-31 for EP-native characters.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Zenimax for listening and scheduling maintenance this week. I hope it becomes weekly to minimize server issues.

I also hope ya'll manage to fix the login latency sometime in the near future that causes things to load so slowly upon login.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to ask again since it was skipped: Is the Veteran Rank cap going to be raised with Wrothgar?
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to increase the number of character slots?
  • Dullahan
    Dullahan
    Not really a question but. I think it would be a good idea to get a notification up in the top corner or something when you get a mail. Instead of having to go into the menu to check if you have mail.
    Just stating my opinion here
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon, folks. Below are the "Ask Us Anything" questions and answers from the latest episode of ESO Live from 8/14. Enjoy!

Do you plan a final part of the cinematic trailer? I need to know how the fight against Mannimarco ends.@BuggeX
    Your actions in the Main Story determine that - it’s up to you how the fight against Mannimarco ends!

What are the plans for Alliance Points as a currency going forward?@TheBull
    Going forward, you’ll be able to use Alliance Points in order to buy the teleport stone, called the “Sigil of Imperial Retreat,” from Imperial City. You’ll also be able to get soul gems for a new reduced price, and we’re also planning on adding food and potions that you can acquire.

Can you talk about what you’re doing to improve the Looking For Group system? It’s currently very frustrating to use, especially on consoles.@Frankie
    There are several changes we’ll be rolling out for the LFG system. Not all of these will happen at once but a large focus is on reducing some of the restrictions in place that prevent players from being grouped by the tool. We’ll be releasing additional details in the future on how these changes work.

Will I ever be able to customize my controller to suit my needs?@J2JMC
    We’ve discussed allowing player customization, but there are no plans to support that at this time.

Why are there no NPCs smoking pipes in ESOTU (tobacco or dried herbs)? Is it due not being part of the Elder Scrolls lore?@randolphbenoit
    In TES lore, Cyrodilics smoke tobacco, while the Wood Elves smoke dried bugs. We’ve referred to this in ESO lore books, but there just hasn’t been any reason for it, as yet, to actually appear in-game.

Would it be possible to add the role someone is playing on the character they are logged on with to your friends list? @JBsnow404
    It’s a nice suggestion, and something we’ll consider for future quality of life improvements, but we don’t have any immediate plans.

When can we expect to get a new trial?@Chufu
    A new trial is on the list of things we want to do. We don’t have a firm ETA just yet, though.

Whatever happened to the plan to add an option to turn off the notifications showing guild mates leaderboard rankings.@Vonovosi
    We are working on adding a setting that allows you to turn all guild notifications on or off for a future patch.

Will duel wield characters ever be able to carry the weapons on the back (crossed)?@Arjun
    We don’t have any plans to adjust the current weapon docking positions.

Will there be any updates to the guild trader system? For example a type and search function.@Geemarc
    We don’t have plans for this at this time, but we’d like to incorporate more improvements to the system in the future.

Are there any plans for solo content for those that have finished Caldwell's Gold?@Sabaticus
    Imperial City has soloable content in it, but if you really love the core questing experience as a solo player, Orsinium is for you.

Can you add new icons to the group HUD? During PvP, the crown icon is often used to coordinate huge numbers of people. Could there be an option to add a queen or a bishop or maybe just a few other icons signifying important group members?@mrskinskull
    We like the idea, but we currently don’t have plans to implement different group member icons.

Will we be able to purchase the Imperial City DLC from the store with a credit card transaction? Or will it only be available in the crown store?@rowanwatkins3
    You’ll be able to purchase crowns from the Crown Store or from the official ESOTU website, which can be used to redeem the Imperial City DLC game pack upon release. If you’re playing ESOTU on Xbox One, you can purchase crowns from the Xbox Store, while PlayStation®4 players can purchase crowns from the PlayStation Store. If you’re an active ESO Plus member, you’ll automatically receive the Imperial City DLC game pack upon release, and will have access to that content for as long as you keep your ESO Plus membership.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    Question, during the last eso live twitch feed there was several posts and questions being asked reguarding text chat being added to console. Someone was nice enough to answer us with the following response:

ZOS_Jessica_Folsom: For those asking about text chat on console, we do see all the requests for it (on our forums, social media channels, reddit, etc.), but we don't have anything new to share about the topic.

So let me ask this because I'm not sure.. it states that you don't have anything new to share.. so what was the last bit of information that was shared about text chat then? Was it that there will not be any text chat for console of was there something else that was mentioned?

Thank you for your time.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going forward, you’ll be able to use Alliance Points in order to buy the teleport stone, called the “Sigil of Imperial Retreat,” from Imperial City. You’ll also be able to get soul gems for a new reduced price, and we’re also planning on adding food and potions that you can acquire.

Thanks responding even though the response is very disappointing. Being able to improve you character through AP and make gold brought a lot incentive to keep fighting. On top of that it just felt good to cash in after a night/week of hard fought battles and maybe get something you could use.

I urge you guys to please reconsider and allow v16 gear/box purchases with AP.
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by TheBull on 19 August 2015 18:37
  • MisterJimothy
    MisterJimothy
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert

This has come up before and isn't going to happen, as they've covered.

On the surface, yes, it would be nice. However, you have many folks with tens of millions of AP who will easily get every set in v16 from launch with out breaking a sweat and completely bork the already strange economy of the game by flooding unused pieces into stores and trades for likely obscene amounts of gold. Once they get propagated into the economy, you then remove a significant reward for playing new content to get any special V16 sets, which means you then just don't have to buy IC. Plus, this is an MMO. New levels and new gear are going to happen, and old gear sometimes just has to be left behind.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert

This has come up before and isn't going to happen, as they've covered.

On the surface, yes, it would be nice. However, you have many folks with tens of millions of AP who will easily get every set in v16 from launch with out breaking a sweat and completely bork the already strange economy of the game by flooding unused pieces into stores and trades for likely obscene amounts of gold. Once they get propagated into the economy, you then remove a significant reward for playing new content to get any special V16 sets, which means you then just don't have to buy IC. Plus, this is an MMO. New levels and new gear are going to happen, and old gear sometimes just has to be left behind.
    Your name is not Rich Lambert.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are we going to see the seasonal CP cap mentionnel by e. Wroebel?

When is race change coming in crown store?
  • siryoshi17
    siryoshi17
    Soul Shriven
    I just started the game and am in Ebonheart on Stonefalls. I joined the Ebonheart Pact and want to go to Black Marsh as I always play as an Argonian and want to see what it looks like. Is it advised or not advised to go there at this time in the game?
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    To sum up the above 8/14 Ask us Anything:
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

Such positive information from Devs has my heart fairly palpitating!

[Edited to add post number forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2161600/#Comment_2161600].

Edited by SLy_Kyti on 24 August 2015 02:17
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • niawrathb16_ESO
    niawrathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do the fighters guild abilities additional effects only trigger on enemy players WW when they are in WW form?

Thanks
    May you have keen eyes and sharp scythes

Morrigan Duskhunter
    Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer

The Reapers Guild - PC/Mac - EU - AD
    The Reapers Guild are recruiting! We run regular events from Motif Gathering to PvP. We run weekly N. Trials and achievement earning events. We have a website we require you to join us on and a Guild Hall with Transmute and Crafting Stations. We also have TS and Crafting Officers. We are a community we love to help so any experience is welcome. We are looking for people who join in! Jump in a group tag along to an event or play and chill in guild chat or on our Teamspeak channel. Really join in and get chub in our fishing events! Get "welcomed to the asylum" by whispering me
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the fighters guild abilities additional effects only trigger on enemy players WW when they are in WW form?

Thanks

Yep, only when they're in WW form. At least that's what my research has found.
    Edited by OmniDevil on 20 August 2015 14:43
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Hi zos

First thanks for answering my question on hybrids last live at zos show. My new question is about the undaunted skill line.
    Are there any plans to alter what these cost or how they work, seams to me they dont fit that well such as bone shield, great concept but why cost stam.... Its a shild of magic bone. This would be the perfect tree to have one magic and one stam morph of evey skill. I now this may be a daunting task but i would love to see more done with this skill line and to make each choice a series consideration

Thanks NecrosisSoul
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    To sum up the above 8/14 Ask us Anything:
    [Post 2631]

No,
    A few,
    Little,
    No plans,
    No,
    No plans,
    Later man,
    Much later,
    No plans,
    No plans!
    Later,
    No plans,
    No.

Such positive information from Devs has my heart fairly palpitating!

[Edited to add post number].

So, what would rather? They didn't answer the questions that don't have the answers you want?
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
This discussion has been closed.