Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its not about legal issues why haven’t they issued an apology? People pay for this service and it needs to work

Someone in this thread used the phrase “hard eye contact” and that about sums up the non response.

It all just is what it is. ESO has a lot of great strengths. QA and UI development on consoles is so shameful that it drags what would be a 4, even 5 star game on its best days down to two on those platforms. It is such an awful and absurd waste of potential that it has been for years and remains a game impossible to hard sell to our friends and family in good conscience.

It is a hard lesson as far as investing too much of oneself in one game. I’ve been gaming since 300 baud, as an Ultima Online beta tester and most of the big titles in the space including ESO but managed to avoid it in all but here. Never again :smile:
    Esse quam videri.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its not about legal issues why haven’t they issued an apology? People pay for this service and it needs to work

Business should not apologize for things that they won't be changing. When businesses, or people, do this, it is hollow. It is meant to appease or gain favor, and that is all. No substance.

If this situation comes up again, and it probably will, I expect that ZOS will do the same thing. Spock logic.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Business should not apologize for things that they won't be changing. When businesses, or people, do this, it is hollow. It is meant to appease or gain favor, and that is all. No substance.

If this situation comes up again, and it probably will, I expect that ZOS will do the same thing. Spock logic.

Good point
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

I am still disappointed because I have not yet seen any apology from the community managers regarding the serious PSN problems, and I stress that "sadly" I am also a subscriber.
    [snip], please explain to the PSN community what will be the next step and how and when you will fix the issues.

[edited for discussion of disciplinary action]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on 12 May 2021 14:56
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m super glad I decided to hold out and not get a new PS5. Can you imagine what that enhanced version will be like on release day ?
    If I had a PS5, I’d be concerned
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that PS4/5 and Xbox have 4 more weeks of this bull doodoo to look forward to. Any hope or excitement that players felt about the upcoming chapter OR the Xbox X enhancement (what a joke!) have been drained from players. I say this as a guild master of a 3-family guild.

I've received messages from several guild members asking me to not remove them for inactivity since they'll be taking a break from ESO until things are fixed.

ZOS also needs to realize that the game economy drives Crown sales. Trader and craft bag glitches =less money for everyone, including them.

To add insult to injury, they took Xbox offline yesterday to fix a glitch in the Crown store. Can fix that quicky!!

Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    azjuwelz wrote: »
    To add insult to injury, they took Xbox offline yesterday to fix a glitch in the Crown store. Can fix that quicky!!

And they wonder why we complain about the crown store taking priority. Disgusting.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • elijah12
    elijah12
    ✭✭
    They can fix the crown store the moment it has a bug but can't fix the constant bugs/glitches Xbox and PlayStation has every time they bring something new to the game. Doesn't surprise me anymore. We all know where their priority lies.
    Edited by elijah12 on 11 May 2021 16:23
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really. So, a "hardware failure" is a "glitch" in the Crown Store, now?

Sometimes, when told that it is an elephant, it actually is an elephant...

220px-Blind_men_and_elephant.jpg
    Edited by Elsonso on 11 May 2021 17:55
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they wear socks...the elephants I mean. Be easier to relate to anyway, otherwise just be cold and sad :smile:
    Edited by Riptide on 11 May 2021 18:04
    Esse quam videri.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cancelled my CE Preorder and ESO plus officially.

I can't support this game when it's in this condition and ZOS is representing themselves in such a fashion. I'd encourage anyone on this thread to do the same if you're upset about how this has been handled. It's the only voice we truly have.

Just gonna do my crafting research and zone clearing until they sort out the issues.
    Edited by Destai on 11 May 2021 19:03
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    Grymharth wrote: »
    [snip]

I am still disappointed because I have not yet seen any apology from the community managers regarding the serious PSN problems, and I stress that "sadly" I am also a subscriber.
    [snip], please explain to the PSN community what will be the next step and how and when you will fix the issues.

Welcome to the club
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on 12 May 2021 14:58
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Are you xbox? I can't figure out how to cancel. Is there a link?

I would turn it all off if I could cancel that. The 15 bucks can go in the trash with the game. Maybe I'd be back, maybe I wouldn't, what is clear is that ZOS couldn't care a less. Like gaming with the DMV or an Airline.

I was thinking about trying out SWTOR, great timing. F your process for making me evaluate my commitment to the game I was looking forward to playing some more, I don't see things improving.

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me in Mournhold this morning clutching my craft bag wondering where everyone went....

bu9z5v5z5cwq.jpeg
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

The moral of the story? Don't just cancel the monetary support. Cancel the game from your life. If you used to be an addict - or are an addict presently - you will thank yourself. And, oddly thank ZoS for making such screw ups that you couldn't deal with it anymore. Maybe things'll look better in a year.

I'm inspired, I found a way to get a refund on my pre-purchase of CE Blackwood. I also cancelled my eso + and xbox game pass (because why not pass the pain around a bit to daddy). Guess I don't have to stress about finding that new xbox by June 8 either.

Don't be discouraged by the lack of an instant refund button, just keep clicking. Easier than the sell items work around!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/cancel-an-order-or-pre-order-from-microsoft-store-793f83c9-c142-4e43-1033-c21dc08e258d

It says you have to fill out a form, then you don't have to, boom refund.

ZOS/ESO didn't turn some folks off enough, but I'm gonna take my game loving to someone who wants me back. LOL.

Going to find a graphics card and try some new things. You are a disappointment ESO.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as an update. I have been conversing with sony since the patch of death. I had bought 12 months eso plus upfront. Today i had it refunded in full by sony. Im guessing eso was annoyed as i lost all eso plus perks instantly. Rightly so i may add. But sony told me they had no other complaints so far and it was an isolated case perhaps a fault my end. But due to the uncertainty found in my favour. Hopefully more will contact sony and dont give up. Took a lot of messages. Including me sending them zos updates on here etc.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Are you xbox? I can't figure out how to cancel. Is there a link?

I would turn it all off if I could cancel that. The 15 bucks can go in the trash with the game. Maybe I'd be back, maybe I wouldn't, what is clear is that ZOS couldn't care a less. Like gaming with the DMV or an Airline.

I was thinking about trying out SWTOR, great timing. F your process for making me evaluate my commitment to the game I was looking forward to playing some more, I don't see things improving.

Sorry dude, I'm on Playstation, so I just contacted their customer support and used their chat to get it cancelled.

In case anyone else needs it, it was a quick process for me and I preordered back in January.
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/store/cancel-ps-store-pre-order/

This might help:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/cancel-an-order-or-pre-order-from-microsoft-store-793f83c9-c142-4e43-1033-c21dc08e258d
    ceiron wrote: »
    Just as an update. I have been conversing with sony since the patch of death. I had bought 12 months eso plus upfront. Today i had it refunded in full by sony. Im guessing eso was annoyed as i lost all eso plus perks instantly. Rightly so i may add. But sony told me they had no other complaints so far and it was an isolated case perhaps a fault my end. But due to the uncertainty found in my favour. Hopefully more will contact sony and dont give up. Took a lot of messages. Including me sending them zos updates on here etc.

I was pretty close to asking for a refund on all the crowns I purchased. I dropped a lot on crowns in support of this game early in the year and now I'm regretting it. That's just too much hassle, but good on you for doing it.

I'll be enjoying other games for a while. Life's too short to spend money on leisure that makes you angry.
    Edited by Destai on 11 May 2021 20:53
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as an update. I have been conversing with sony since the patch of death. ... sony told me they had no other complaints so far and it was an isolated case perhaps a fault my end.

Honestly, do you expect anything different? Even if people walk away, very few people are going to demand a refund. The number of people who would are probably vastly outnumbered by the people who don't even walk away.

I mean, I get where you are coming from. I dropped kick my PS4 into the trash over how Sony handled CP2077. Now I am on XBox. Go Sony! However, I am certain that very few people, if anyone else, did the same. I expect nothing else.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Just as an update. I have been conversing with sony since the patch of death. ... sony told me they had no other complaints so far and it was an isolated case perhaps a fault my end.

Honestly, do you expect anything different? Even if people walk away, very few people are going to demand a refund. The number of people who would are probably vastly outnumbered by the people who don't even walk away.

I mean, I get where you are coming from. I dropped kick my PS4 into the trash over how Sony handled CP2077. Now I am on XBox. Go Sony! However, I am certain that very few people, if anyone else, did the same. I expect nothing else.

Honestly no i didnt. But they did ask for the link to this thread weirdly but then claimed they had no other reports. And it did take a lot of effort on my behalf to prove the issues, workarounds and messages from zos. So id expect a lot of people wont bother.

Also i mounted my argument on the paid for benefits of eso plus being not provided in consistent manner or addressed promptly the bugs.

Crowns itself i think would be harder to seek a refund on, as would the chapter pre order.

Its very complicated.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t worry everyone I am sure we will be getting a free useless pet out of this at some point or maybe extra exp scrolls. Something that cost them nothing to do. Doing nothing on ZOS part was a business decision nothing more nothing less. We are not worth the money and effort to ZOS.

Noticed when I did Black Villa on vet today and tried to give my helm to a team member, I could not scroll down to find it to give it. So I guess that is broken sometimes too.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    If there is no respect for one's customers, why should the customer have respect for the company?
    From my point of view, it's a lost-lost.
    I'm really puzzled, and nauseated. I think I'll follow the example of the player who asked for a refund of his subscription.
    A game is for relaxation, not for increasing stress.
    Otherwise what game is it?
    I'm not having fun anymore.
    I haven't been able to sell anything for about 3 weeks. The game's economy is 70% based on crafting and sales. I do not have had any good income since the fault patch. This is no longer a playable game. If on the one hand, I understand the economic problems linked to the economic management of the game, I do not see why to delay the maintenance hotfix that is really urgent and indispensable.
    As a customer, we have not received valid apologies or explanations.
    What would you do in our place?
    I think I will opt for unsubscribing through Sony.
    Edited by Grymharth on 12 May 2021 08:58
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Don’t worry everyone I am sure we will be getting a free useless pet out of this at some point or maybe extra exp scrolls.

I don't think we're going to get jack, to be perfectly honest. Not even stupid free stuff.

Look at how quiet it's been on their side ever since the "not gonna fix it, just work around it" post. This really does seem to be a non-issue to them, apparently.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Don’t worry everyone I am sure we will be getting a free useless pet out of this at some point or maybe extra exp scrolls.

I don't think we're going to get jack, to be perfectly honest. Not even stupid free stuff.

Look at how quiet it's been on their side ever since the "not gonna fix it, just work around it" post. This really does seem to be a non-issue to them, apparently.

This
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we will get is more game breaking bugs within the next dlc with fixes for these that in all probability will not completely work, while adding new bugs and issues we are just supposed to ignore.
    I mean we can buy from the crown store and it's quite obvious this is at least at the level in control of these things all that is cared about.
    We are just here to he fleeced while we can.
    This course of action really is short sited however as it's just causing people who were happy supporting a hobby they enjoyed and giving extras such as the crown sales that at this point I'm sure aren't really being put back into the game but instead in some higher managements pockets.
    Now people are getting fed up.
    Zos has shafted the endgame community for years with broken and non functioning content on console and the huge decline in population is obvious.
    Now however they are essentially shafting the entire console population and the overall decline is obvious.
    Trade guild sales are way down, people aren't even logging in, few are posting anything.
    What does this expansion even offer?
    Companions?
    Do they really think the damage being caused to their reputation right now will really be forgotten by some near useless ai?
    And people will flock back in droves just to see?
    Well I have my doubts lol
    Really for me the damage caused is quite probably irreparable.
    There will be no eso support, no crown support.
    And to be quite Frank if my progression raid team falls apart the entire game from my system as that is quite literally the only reason I still log in.
    Good job lmfao.
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that PS4/5 and Xbox have 4 more weeks of this bull doodoo to look forward to. Any hope or excitement that players felt about the upcoming chapter OR the Xbox X enhancement (what a joke!) have been drained from players. I say this as a guild master of a 3-family guild.

I've received messages from several guild members asking me to not remove them for inactivity since they'll be taking a break from ESO until things are fixed.

ZOS also needs to realize that the game economy drives Crown sales. Trader and craft bag glitches =less money for everyone, including them.

So that’s what that was lol what a joke.
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Isn’t there a console boy thread?

Maybe all the lag and bugs are due to all of you tbagging cp200s after 20v1ing them.

A simple tbag requires a lot of calculation on server side.
    Edited by xv1_me on 12 May 2021 15:52
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    Hey ZoS no one even asked me for my gold when I announced my break yesterday. Read the tea leaves lol.

Found a sweet rig for 4k and look forward to buying lots of new choices today, your adult customers can do better for sure.

You kinda motivated me to upgrade my life. I started asking what happens when I reach CP1200 will I be playing alot then or am I grinding to an end. I'll come back when it seems fun.

Oh, for those seeking a reimbursement, microsoft will not allow a reimbursement if it's more than 14 days after purchase, even if it's only a pre-purchase. I got stuck donating whatever the CE cost, still not worth waiting, I have no faith in whatever is coming.

• EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have cancelled my wife's and my ESO plus as well.

These kind of bugs should have never been rolled out in the first place, as this just shows a total lack of proper test procedures.

[snip]

[Edit for Bashing.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on 12 May 2021 18:09
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silence from the team is deafening.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    This is also a total lack of respect for whoever is paying their salary anyway.
    If that's really what they want, that's just fine for me.
    Besides, I don't have much choice. Continue to pay for a subscription when I should continue non-playing for at least another month? It's ridiculous.
    I tried to figure out who I was dealing with. Now I know.
    Too bad, the game was and remains interesting.