The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Class/race : why not a Daedra ?

• magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard enough trying to not look like a monster with the limited slider options, I don't need another class (that'll lead to more unbalancing) that looks like chewed brown gum.

Fashion Wars are important ^.^
    Edited by magnusthorek on 5 May 2021 15:33
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    We could be daedra like dremora or xivilai if the game will start in Coldharbour, like Mannimarco kills us in the prologue intro, but then somethings goes wrong with the ritual and we obtain a daedric body instead of soulshriven. Pretty simple decision, I think.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to the question of having Dremora as a playable race, I'm for it (as well as for Maormer). However, it doesn't really make any sense in terms of the usual storylines - why should the bad guys we normally fight suddenly stand peacefully next to you in the bank or at the merchant? I actually find it somehow weird with the vampires too.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    When it comes to the question of having Dremora as a playable race, I'm for it (as well as for Maormer). However, it doesn't really make any sense in terms of the usual storylines - why should the bad guys we normally fight suddenly stand peacefully next to you in the bank or at the merchant? I actually find it somehow weird with the vampires too.

Arnt we all the same being? aka the world doesn't see the other players.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Arnt we all the same being? aka the world doesn't see the other players.

The world may see us all as Vestige (if I get you right), but we see everyone else just as another random NPC. And I, as Vestige in my version of the world, would find it strange to first kill Dremora in Coldharbour and then meet some of them at the sunny market in Alinor.

• six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only new class I'm interested in getting is a battlemage. A 1 hand & magic user hopefully using alteration, destruction & illusion magic in their skills. Alteration would work for tanking or healing & buff/debuff. Illusion would be great for cc & also buffs/debuffs or even damage. Destruction obviously mainly for damage
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    Only new class I'm interested in getting is a battlemage. A 1 hand & magic user hopefully using alteration, destruction & illusion magic in their skills. Alteration would work for tanking or healing & buff/debuff. Illusion would be great for cc & also buffs/debuffs or even damage. Destruction obviously mainly for damage

That is nothing like the current class mechanics though. You don't have a sword in one and a spell in the other. You can only use one at a time.
    they/them/theirs
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a new profession or class. I think sticking with the same races we've always had in ES games is enough.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »

That is nothing like the current class mechanics though. You don't have a sword in one and a spell in the other. You can only use one at a time.

I know but I can hope [snip]

[Edited for Rude/Insulting Commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on 6 May 2021 13:31
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think people in city are afraid by a Daedra, when you use your polymorph from Maelstrom, or Xyvkin from sewer, people are not afraid
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daedra sounds good, anything but another elf.

I prefer Goblins though.
  • Hal
    Hal
    ✭✭
    When creating the character we could choose which prince deadra we appear or want to pledge allegiance to, this will modify certain attacks or the animation of the ultimate for example.

Me who am RP Orc, I imagine an ultimate with Malacath who gives us Volendrung, or who comes to make a big attack ect

Others have already mentioned it but, I'll add to it.
    I love your concept. This is something that piques my interest.

Worship as a selectable thing that helps modify a playing experience.

Buffs or debuffs could occur similarly to Vampirism. Only instead of leveling up through biting, you could level up from completing 'acts of faith.' (Acts could change dependent on the Object of Worship.)

Just the other day I was sitting in Murkmire, under a Hist, with no option to do anything involving the Hist - from a religious point of view. I held a private naming ceremony for one of my lizards which consisted of praying to Sithis shrines, and praying in front of a hist.

For the longest time one of my Woodelf characters was running around with like... 15 devotional cards to Sanguine in their inventory. (& would occasionally just hang out in Sanguine's Demesne down in Shadowfen for a few mins.)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the Vestige is daedric enough as it is with barely any npcs reacting to their resurrecting shenanigans.

A daedra race as player choice makes no sense and would be incredibly lore and immersion breaking. Just imagine all those quests where an npc wants you to kill daedra who appeared out of nowhere and is now running amok on their farm/in their town. Yeah, they'd totally ask that dremora or xivkyn for help.

If you want to look like a daedra, wear daedric styled armour or use a polymorph.

Depending on how it was implemented a "faith" skilline could be fine, though. Would be tricky to balance if there are a bunch of variations.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

I prefer Goblins though.

Please explain how you would quest???
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aertew wrote: »

I prefer Goblins though.

Plenty of great history, peaceful interactions, & avenues for ZOS to expand on.

"Goblins can communicate with their own language that can be learned by others, though it largely comes off as gibberish. Vice versa, some goblins are capable of speaking Tamrielic to a coherent level."

"Goblins are also more than capable of not being hostile to humans who observe them, with the Stonechewer Tribe shamans stopping the warriors from killing a scholar known as Nellic Sterone, with there being no further incidents of hostility and them tolerating his presence as long as he kept a distance from the female goblins and their offspring."

"Coral-Splitter Tribe of Goblins, who lived off the wealth of the land as an agrarian society. Because of their hospitality, the High Elves were able to establish trade with the Coral-Splitters, bargaining for the ore in the caves. The Altmer had secured trade agreements with nearly every tribe in the region, trading fish, textiles, and tools for the fruits of the goblins hunting and trapping skills, as these goblins were adept at capturing and taming welwas and gryphons."

"The Sharp Tooth and White Skin tribes were engaged in a war due to the White Skin totem being stolen by the Sharp Tooth tribe. The White Skins' chief was a Breton named Goblin Jim."

"While their societies are often led by the strongest and largest goblins (called warlords) or their religious leaders (called shamans), some tribes are ruled by other races."

"The Last Dragonborn saved Gogh (Goblin) by killing the Orc and his remaining goblin followers. Gogh thereafter entered into the Dragonborn's service and continued to wield the Spear and its powers in battle."

"Goblins have also been used traditionally by the Altmer to supplement their armies."

Magic affinity & possible xpac idea
    "The Western Reach clans were known to be particularly advanced, having the ability to create and inscribe magical runes onto handcrafted obelisks, with some saying that the workmanship speaks to a better time in goblin history."

Character model size options
    "They can range in height from three feet to over eight feet."

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Goblin#:~:text=Goblins (also derogatorily called Gobs,feet to over eight feet.&text=Goblin wax has alchemical properties.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on 7 May 2021 03:05
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭

I prefer Goblins though.

"Goblins can communicate with their own language that can be learned by others, though it largely comes off as gibberish. Vice versa, some goblins are capable of speaking Tamrielic to a coherent level."

"Goblins are also more than capable of not being hostile to humans who observe them, with the Stonechewer Tribe shamans stopping the warriors from killing a scholar known as Nellic Sterone, with there being no further incidents of hostility and them tolerating his presence as long as he kept a distance from the female goblins and their offspring."

"Coral-Splitter Tribe of Goblins, who lived off the wealth of the land as an agrarian society. Because of their hospitality, the High Elves were able to establish trade with the Coral-Splitters, bargaining for the ore in the caves. The Altmer had secured trade agreements with nearly every tribe in the region, trading fish, textiles, and tools for the fruits of the goblins hunting and trapping skills, as these goblins were adept at capturing and taming welwas and gryphons."

"The Sharp Tooth and White Skin tribes were engaged in a war due to the White Skin totem being stolen by the Sharp Tooth tribe. The White Skins' chief was a Breton named Goblin Jim."

"While their societies are often led by the strongest and largest goblins (called warlords) or their religious leaders (called shamans), some tribes are ruled by other races."

"The Last Dragonborn saved Gogh (Goblin) by killing the Orc and his remaining goblin followers. Gogh thereafter entered into the Dragonborn's service and continued to wield the Spear and its powers in battle."

"Goblins have also been used traditionally by the Altmer to supplement their armies."

"The Western Reach clans were known to be particularly advanced, having the ability to create and inscribe magical runes onto handcrafted obelisks, with some saying that the workmanship speaks to a better time in goblin history."

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Goblin#:~:text=Goblins (also derogatorily called Gobs,feet to over eight feet.&text=Goblin wax has alchemical properties.

In the link it mentioned them being violent and primitive. Also altmer enslaved them.

Also even if some golbins knew common tongue doesn't mean all would. Not only that but it would just be akward and wierd. It doesn't work like WoW.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There hasn't been a new player race added to TES since 2002. Imperials were made playable for the first time in Morrowind.

I think the fact that in almost 20 years no new player race has been added to the franchise, really should tell you something.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on 7 May 2021 07:49
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, the Vestige is daedric enough as it is with barely any npcs reacting to their resurrecting shenanigans.

A daedra race as player choice makes no sense and would be incredibly lore and immersion breaking. Just imagine all those quests where an npc wants you to kill daedra who appeared out of nowhere and is now running amok on their farm/in their town. Yeah, they'd totally ask that dremora or xivkyn for help.

If you want to look like a daedra, wear daedric styled armour or use a polymorph.

Depending on how it was implemented a "faith" skilline could be fine, though. Would be tricky to balance if there are a bunch of variations.

Funny. That actually makes me think. Perhaps, somehow, there might be scope for ZOS to one day make a skill line for players who forgo werewolf or vampire, based around Aedric worship?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I prefer Goblins though.

In the link it mentioned them being violent and primitive. Also altmer enslaved them.

Also even if some golbins knew common tongue doesn't mean all would. Not only that but it would just be akward and wierd. It doesn't work like WoW.

Yes the link does mention that, but also the opposite.

Same could be said about Argonians. Dunmer enslaved them and yet it works out.

I don't think we can put the whole Goblin race in a basket and label it X. Goblins make up many tribes and variations. Small primitive goblin-kin with crude weapons to highly advanced magic and bigger than a nord.

Goblins were here before most playable races, & are still here. Lots to work with.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on 7 May 2021 13:52
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    Goblins look good, but i really prefer a deadra
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think deadra would work. Some locations like Craglorn have deadric vendors, so it would be fine. But Summerset is VERY anti-deadra and there it would not make any sense.

Personally I don’t think they should add another race until they get the base 10 straight. Right now some of them, like the bosmer, seem very different from the stand alone games, and I would like them to fix those before expanding the race choices.

I am also worried that adding a new race would “break the lore” of the stand alone es games, as they come after the time that eso is set in. There would have to be an explanation about why those races are not present in those “later” games.

However, if at some time they actually get their act together and actually do the base 10 races right, I think the Maomer is the best bet as a new race.
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    Daedra the best !
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoping and wishing to be right around never.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello
    I think such a class will be extremely fun to play and powerful, plus it will really give you a lot of choice in skill creation ect ....

I think I have a good idea too: when creating the character we could choose which prince deadra we appear or want to pledge allegiance to, this will modify certain attacks or the animation of the ultimate for example.

Me who am RP Orc, I imagine an ultimate with Malacath who gives us Volendrung, or who comes to make a big attack ect ...

The creative potential of this class is really amazing I think

Approved. As long as it doesn't suck. Gonna be hard to top Necro or Warden, you do know that?
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    WOW did the whole ALLIED RACES thing... some prerequisite for unlocking might work here - e.g. hit 2000 CP , then you can transform that character accessing races like Sea Elves, Snow Elves, Reachmen etc. I could possibly see Dremora added... but would not want them running around everywhere.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Humaniod like daedra to play would be awesome.

Also want more Tamriel races to play as well. Also sub-races would be awesome as well, like main house for Dunmer, type of argonian etc etc
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    yes
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    No Druid for new class ! A Daedra !!!
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    Hello
    I think such a class will be extremely fun to play and powerful, plus it will really give you a lot of choice in skill creation ect ....

I think I have a good idea too: when creating the character we could choose which prince deadra we appear or want to pledge allegiance to, this will modify certain attacks or the animation of the ultimate for example.

Me who am RP Orc, I imagine an ultimate with Malacath who gives us Volendrung, or who comes to make a big attack ect ...

The creative potential of this class is really amazing I think

Just one question.
    Why do beliveyou need other class\race?

We have hibryd chars....no reason at all for other class i belive.
    Use, skins, Costumes etc.... Then use Bow in main bar and Two handed in Second bar in a Warden with Half stamina\half health andyou will have TOP damage char (if you're good in rotations)

So...why you need other class\race?!
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why did you bump this?
This discussion has been closed.