The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to login: "Login Failed"

HumbleThaumaturge
HumbleThaumaturge
✭✭✭✭
Unable to login. Get "Login Failed" message. Was logged on no more than an hour ago.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Alvar
    Alvar
    ✭✭✭
    Same, started about 3 minutes ago for me.
    PC/NA
    Edited by Alvar on 12 May 2021 11:24
    You can't sprint and use abilities at the same time.
  • JonnoRex
    JonnoRex
    Soul Shriven
    See above maintenace message
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same ol' ****
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same, except when I try to login via Steam it asks me to link my already linked account to Steam (?), I tried writing my ID and password, it said thanks for linking the account > logging in > back at "are you a new player or link the account to Steam"
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That should not affect login to the game. Never has before.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • kevinb16_ESO40
    kevinb16_ESO40
    Soul Shriven
    Same here - on two different accounts
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    Same. PC/NA. Both Steam and Bethesda launchers with the same issue.

cc @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by xpolilla on 12 May 2021 11:30
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭

Account maintenance is not a "server down" situation. We've had these maintenances plenty of times and this is the first time I have issues logging in because of them.
    Edited by xpolilla on 12 May 2021 11:30
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Try to log in, asks me if I'm new or existing. Existing, put in my info. It wants me to link to Steam, so yes, internal error. I could be sleeping...
  • PurpleScroll
    PurpleScroll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game crashed and now it refuses to let me log in both via Steam and outside of it.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭

And there goes the......
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC-EU. I was just logged in, and got forced logged out. Haven't been able to log back in: "Login failed!"

PS: Non-steam version.

Edit: Working again, a minute or two later.
    Edited by Sarannah on 12 May 2021 12:45
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    same here...
  • Alvar
    Alvar
    ✭✭✭
    working now
    You can't sprint and use abilities at the same time.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot log in PC NA or EU. "Your user name and account may be inactive at this time." I this a new thing with ESO Store and account system maintenance? In other words, no one can play the game until noon eastern?
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on 12 May 2021 11:34
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logged in :)
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started working for me now
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Working for me now, PCNA.
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    Just started working for me now

Yes! It's working now. Two possible explanations:

1) It was all a little "incident" for us few who tried to login just at the 10-min window when the maintenance was working on the login part... and we were just unlucky.
    2) Forums actually worked and ZoS said "oops" and fixed it right away.

Either way, it's fixed. Thanks.