The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you feel the hype after the reveal?

Raegwyr
Raegwyr
✭✭✭✭
So we are after the announcement event and I want to know how community sees this new chapter. So we got new zone, trial (basicaly same old), companions sytsem for overland, new tutorial (option to select tutorial is the only exciting thing for me tbh) and almost no info about end game PvE/PvP (stream was mostly about questing, rp, selling merch, art stuff, selling more merch [seriously I never saw game announcement stream with so much merch talking]). Personaly I feel it will give us even less then Greymoor which is lame. One great thing is new servers but after so many broken promises I am cautious about any performance promises.

Do you feel the hype after the reveal? 349 votes

1 - Not intrested, probably won't be playing the chapter
21%
fastolfv_ESOilliobro_ESOSuddwrathZardayneasuitandtyb14_ESOFaulgorGythralploddab16_ESONebthet78forzajuve212WolfpawLoreScholarMicallefAsysPabstonWaylander07SOLDIER_1stClassGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALmb10Aiphaton 74 votes
2 - Not really hyped, I will probably buy the expansion tho when it will be on sale
19%
silvereyesMoloch1514NewBlacksmurfcalitrumanb14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOLadyAstrumCoatmagicMaster_FluffMuizerAlayneStoneSirCriticalChufuMornaBaineSaubonAsdaraThePlayerAustackerjad11mumblerMikeSkyrim3330lbertikus 68 votes
3 - Not hyped but will buy at launch because of reasons (i always do that/guldmates/etc)
16%
BelegnoleGlassHalfFullsekou_trayvondSoulshineBeolundDarkstorneproteinexeMaythorLADYKiLLERguulmanny254ZathLoralai_907EdaphonspoqsterThrerianFlaminirLavumLarianaSleep724 58 votes
4 - Medium hype, sounds okay enough to buy expansion when they will release, probably will enjoy the content
15%
Kikazaruvailjohn_ESODarcyMardinGnineKeldorThrabenDanikatTHEDKEXPERIENCEYukon2112adriant1978Livvytheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOVexariusMasterSpatulaValagashOtarTheMadVDoom1lillybitaldriqCameron991 55 votes
5 - Hyped, new content looks dope, cannot wait
15%
CireousDeathStalkerAstroCatwenchmore420b14_ESOArrodisiaDracanewakeyjimb16_ESOArwyrwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOj3crowDarkhorse1975bellatrixedDarkheartInaMoonlightManwithBeard9athekaAetherderiusFinneganFrothZenzukiAdamskiAlders 55 votes
6 - Super hyped, I want to play it now! Already preordered
10%
InklingsCyberOnEsoQuietPanda_22ZethirisDaemons_BaneKwoungCloudtraderNettleCarrierGarethjolnircyclonus11swifty3174Icy_NelyanSarannahMartoVoodooPlatypusIccotakMalmerTheImperfectTommy_The_GunSnowy_Wyndra_Karn 35 votes
Seriously where I can buy that merch stuff they talked about more then the actual game during the stream (sarcastic answer for ppl who only wants to see results)
1%
XuhoraJulianHunterJayKwellenSmexykins 4 votes
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entirely uninterested. Will save me 40 bucks like Greymoor, which is the only positive outcome of these two measly Chapters.
    Edited by Seraphayel on 27 January 2021 02:07
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 - Not really hyped, I will probably buy the expansion tho when it will be on sale
    Too little hype felt here. Not enough to make a purchase.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like paying $40 for the Chapter with the least extra features so far.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - Hyped, new content looks dope, cannot wait
    Somewhere between 4 and 5, but closer to 5 so that's what I picked.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 - Not hyped but will buy at launch because of reasons (i always do that/guldmates/etc)
    I don't like argonians, but I like to be able to play with my friends and misc stuff that gets attached to these (antiquities for example with Greymoor).
  • Welven
    Welven
    ✭✭✭
    Unless they have more to show then I'll wait for it to be at least 50% off or added to ESO+.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly at this rate i may only buy for the story and any houses in the area if they are nice other than that i really really dont get what is exciting here.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will buy at launch IF the new servers lower our ping and make Cyrodiil playable again. Otherwise downgrade me to a 2 - I'll wait until the winter sale again like I did for Greymoor.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was absolutely underwhelming and it feels like much of this hype is forced hype. I'll probably wait until next year to play it because I'm not going to pay full price for this.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty done with Daedra and Oblivion and I can see the claim that ZOS are now just rehashing old lore for nostalgic effect. Morrowind, Skyrim, and now Oblivion.

Really hoping one day for the Alliance War to officially end and Cyrodiil gets a chapter where we help rebuild the Empire. I'd actually enjoy a more, mundane, peaceful content. One more focused on side questlines and exploration. The whole "THE BIG BAD IS COMING YOU NEED TO SAVE THE WORLD" plot can only be done so many times.

Edited by ArchMikem on 26 January 2021 23:19
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah whole stream was a merch ad. No real info on the xpac, no gameplay just bits of artwork.

Game is easy enough without annoying companions.

New tutorials unnecessary there can't be that many new players coming in and the game is pretty intuitive anyway.

They said the server upgrade is just replacing end of life kit and won't improve in-game performance.

Our sub money spent on expensive trailer rather than fixing the game
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will buy at launch and hope the new servers and selectable tutorial will be worth it. Also hoping for new antiquities. Otherwise.... not into argonians or companions - so most of it will be like Murkmire for me: only there for antiquities and skyshards. I'll enjoy Leyawiin though - was one of my favorite cities in TES IV.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm never hyped. Hype does not affect me. I'm one of those old farts who wants to test the merchandise before I decide if I'm interested.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not hyped, will probably buy the chapter because I kind of like to have done all the quests, and to be able to do the trial.
  • Vasoka
    Vasoka
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a chapter. It's not even DLC worthy. It's a joke.
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad times. No new class, CP rework, weapon or skill line. Yes companions, but yet again, not for PvP.

I know they said 'dont expect too much', but you cant use that excuse against a new class, CP rework, wepon or skill like when you introduced a wholey new system for companions which is larger and more complex than any of the mentioned systems above.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm dead inside, don't feel anything at all. Will try the chapter occasionally, though.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the price. I want to pre-order for the pre0order bonuses but if we're talking more than $30 then NOPE.

Summerset was $30 I'm pretty sure and offered way more.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 - Medium hype, sounds okay enough to buy expansion when they will release, probably will enjoy the content
    I’m excited for all the content but I am extremely disappointed with the lack of systems in this chapter no new class or no new weapon skill line... it’s quite underwhelming
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not hyped in the slightest.

Game continues to be a mess on Console. No updates on Next Gen updates at all...

... but PLENTY of time to create new DLC to sell in the crown store!

Meh

I'll just wait for this to go to the crown store and buying from a crown seller in my guild.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my view, the game is officially dying
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm here for the lore
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at all interested in the stupid bot companions.
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    lol they killed their game today :D why they think people will buy nothing? same game with new maps lol
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm still playing by that time, I'll probably do what I always do, buy the CIS-priced copy at Black Friday sale. 6 EUR after one patch iteration seems fair.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For companions, not at all. For everything else, especially the CP rework I'm hyped more than any other update.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Really hoping one day for the Alliance War to officially end and Cyrodiil gets a chapter where we help rebuild the Empire. I'd actually enjoy a more, mundane, peaceful content. One more focused on side questlines and exploration. The whole "THE BIG BAD IS COMING YOU NEED TO SAVE THE WORLD" plot can only be done so many times.

I feel the same way. I also took Lyris mentioning Skingrad way too seriously considering those hints held true the past couple years, and I was really excited for it.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about new classes or skill lines, I mean sure there are nice to have, but not a must-have right now - I'd rather have more balance and improvement of the current classes and skill lines.

As for the Chapter, I have medium hype for the story content and lore of the new region and cannot wait to see both Leyawiin and Gideon, not to mention visiting pockets of Oblivion in Dagon's realm.

$40 is a bit much, though.
    Edited by AVaelham on 27 January 2021 00:17
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really.

I always preorder the collector's edition upgrade, but this time, I really doubt that I will. None of the special items appeal to me at all.

I'm excited to have more of the map open up, and it sounds reasonably interesting, so I'll definitely buy it eventually. But I'm not anxiously awaiting it the way I did most of the other chapters. But I also have most of Greymoor to work through, still.

I'm going to be particularly disappointed if once again we get no extra character slots.
  • Eevee_42
    Eevee_42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I felt like I was watching an infomercial for ESO merch most of the time. The content of the chapter itself is underwhelming, I won’t be purchasing it. My disappointment with Greymoor has somehow been surpassed. The most interesting part of the stream today was hearing about the CP and armor reworks, but that’s base game and not even part of the chapter.