The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Any chance for a flying blade rework on this patch ?

Sarousse
Sarousse
✭✭✭✭✭
A few patches ago Flying Blade was changed, to a totally unpractical skill :

"Fire a secret dagger from your sleeve at an enemy, dealing 509 Physical Damage and marking them for 5 seconds. If the enemy hit is casting an ability they are interrupted, set Off Balance, and stunned for 3 seconds. While an enemy is marked, reactivating this ability on them allows you to jump to them, dealing 509 Physical Damage and grants you Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20% for 40 seconds."

Very few players are using it (in PvP at least).

Any chance for it to be reworked so we get a real spammable for the dual wield branch ? That would add another option other than using Dizzy Swing.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW already has Flurry as a spammable. What's wrong with Flurry, and/or why have two spammables in a skill line if Flying Blade were also a spammable?

I used to use the old Flying Blade as a spammable and I really miss it, especially the bounces that increased damage. That was fun. The range on the skill doesn't help THAT much, since you can't light attack weave with it unless the enemy is in melee range, anyway.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flurry is totally useless in PvP, though it's a powerful PvE skill.

There's no real alternative to wrecking blow in PvP right now, too powerful, too many side effects.

Lolnado is very clunky, + it's AoE damage. In PvP, 50% of the time either it doesn't hit targets or just it doesn't fire, and is highly mitigated thanks to major evason.

Dual wield needs a real monotarget spammable with high damage and useful side effets.
    Edited by Sarousse on 19 July 2020 11:08
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Flurry is totally useless in PvP, though it's a powerful PvE skill.

There's no real alternative to wrecking blow in PvP right now, too powerful, too many side effects.

Lolnado is very clunky, + it's AoE damage. In PvP, 50% of the time either it doesn't hit targets or just it doesn't fire, and is highly mitigated thanks to major evason.

Dual wield needs a real monotarget spammable with high damage and useful side effets.

Actually flurry is used pretty often and it is very dangerous skill, I've seen many great players use this skill.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In battlegrounds maybe. In Cyrodiil, I think I've seen it twice in 6 monthes in my death recap.

I'd be curious to seen ZoS stats on this skill use.
    Edited by Sarousse on 19 July 2020 12:07
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be something like "this skills is working as intended". in facts you may not like flying blade, your claim about flurry is wrong, you just dont like flurry neither while this skill and morph have very ok-ish dmg + benefit from a passive against CC'd target + execute that no other skill in game as.
    Edited by kalunte on 19 July 2020 11:43
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me they reworked it into a gap closer that gives the major brutality buff for 40 seconds which is pretty neat. Two handed has critical charge so giving dual wield a gap closer seems like a good idea. If you want the spammable version there is Shrouded Daggers.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Shrouded+Daggers
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah why is there a gap closer that takes two casts and has no other advantages besides major brutality? This seems deliberately terrible.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah why is there a gap closer that takes two casts and has no other advantages besides major brutality? This seems deliberately terrible.

Yep. Meanwhile Two-Hander be pre-buffing from stealth for major Brutality while also gaining minor endurance, because rogues obviously want to use heavy, clunky, noisy two-handers for assassination. Yet they took minor endurance from Grim Focus as well. Make sense much?
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried many times to use it, but It's totally clunky, unpractical, useless in any situation in Cyrodiil. Damage is low, other melee moves will proc unbalance in better ways, , double cast is terrible and major brutality comes from better sources.

It definitively needs a rework, especially as the fifth skill from the dual wield skill line, it's supposed to be the "strongest" skill, but it's the worst.
    Edited by Sarousse on 19 July 2020 19:15
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    DW already has Flurry as a spammable. What's wrong with Flurry, and/or why have two spammables in a skill line if Flying Blade were also a spammable?

I used to use the old Flying Blade as a spammable and I really miss it, especially the bounces that increased damage. That was fun. The range on the skill doesn't help THAT much, since you can't light attack weave with it unless the enemy is in melee range, anyway.

The other morph bounces between targets though.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The other morph bounces between targets though.

Sold necro.

On the topic of flying blade, with the new arena dw I've been able to pull some pretty good numbers from shrouded daggers, highest was 12k crit, but you can probably go higher even.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    while this post was necroed, i thought i'd post my take. personally i think the idea for flying blade is interesting, but it fails in a few areas. throwing a projectile to mark the target with the jump is extremely slow, having to re-aim onto the target in order to activate the teleport is slow and annoying, and the jump itself feels laggy. overall it's just too slow. if the dagger projectile was instead an instant application such as like with elemental drain, and you could recast the skill at any time to teleport, you could use the skill to juke, and it would honestly be quite good. however, i don't think that the flying blade skill is quite the right target for this kind of idea.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on 16 November 2020 10:06
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the Vateshran DW drop for me and wanted to try it out since I barely ever have used this skill.

In PvE it was actually kind of interesting to use as a spammable. Its damage surpassed Flurry at something like something like ~75% of boss HP and it became ridiculously cheap to cast once the boss dropped under 50%.

Of course, before that its cost is crazily high for a spammable, but overall it worked better than I figured that it would.

In PvP though, this skill is still a huge mess.

The gap-close morph should honestly be on the first cast and Major Brutality should be moved to the base morph of the skill.