Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Many people do actually read the books, and revisit them in Eidetic Memory. The types of people who do this will love this feature.

I don't think that adding Mages Guild XP to these decorations should be a feature at all. Anyway to what purpose? You have to have read them to make the reprints anyway. If it's for quickly leveling an alt? No thank you. There's a reason that was made character based and not account based.

Will definitely be putting these collections in my home(s)

Fair enough, I shouldn't have said nobody reads them, but I'm sure the majority don't, especially not repeatedly re-reading them. All I'm saying is that as you can already read the books from the eidetic memory menu, at any time in any location, there is no practical benefit gained from spending gold just to get another, less convenient means of reading the same content.

And yes, the purpose of them providing mages guild exp would be for helping to level alt characters, as well as providing a second place for people to read the text if they chose to do so. There is no skill or fun whatsoever involved in forcing players to use google to find and follow imprecise maps to then slog across the entire in-game world, including forcing people into PvP to pick up the exact same books 8-10 times for each of their characters. If somebody has managed this once I don't see how it is unreasonable, if they were willing to pay gold, to make this process quicker for their additional characters and allow people to get back to actually playing the game.
    Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
    Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Does anyone know specifics for the Achievement and Home Goods Furnishers? Is there one of each per zone, or more/less than that?
    I discovered that each zone has that pair of merchants standing together in one city or town in that zone, but not always the obvious city. For example, the Eastmarch vendors were at Fort Amol and the Malabal Tor vendors were in Vulkwasten. If there are actually more than one pair in each zone, I never caught sight of the others. They're not too hard to find if you consult the zone map first and look for them in the NPC lists of shopping areas and inns. Occasionally they'll have their own icon on the map that looks like a chair.
    Great, thanks!
    OK, so I've looked around the Dominion and Coldharbour so far. I've found 'Home Goods Merchant' Maladdiq and 'Accolade Furnisher' Athrahgor in Skywatch, Redfur, Marbruk, Vulkwasten, and Rawl'kha. (There's an inconsistency with these guys in that they are called those titles on the map, but 'Home Goods Furnisher' and 'Achievement Furnisher' respectively when talking to them. There needs to be consistency here; 'Home Goods Furnisher' and 'Accolade Furnisher' would be best.

In Elden Root, I found two 'Achievement Furnishers' who are not on the map: Haralda Garscroft and Narwaawende. Narwaawende sells Main Quest furnishings, so she needs to be called an 'Accolade Furnisher' like Athrahgor. Given Haralda's current inventory, she seems to sell furnishings related to Festival achievements, so a better title for her would be 'Festival Furnisher'. Once their titles are sorted, these two need to be added to the map.

In Coldharbour, I found 'Home Goods Furnisher/Merchant' Krrztrrb, and 'Achievement/Accolade Furnisher' Lozotusk. These guys need to be given consistent titles like Maladdiq and Athrahgor. The map also suggests that Narwaawende is here, but in 10 minutes she never appeared, so she may be bugged in this location. Zanil Theran, the Luxury Furnisher, is also here. His map entry says 'Prestige Furnisher' rather than 'Luxury Furnisher', so that needs to be fixed too.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a slight tweak to the names of two inn rooms, to remove ambiguity:

The Rosy Lion --> The Rosy Lion Inn Room
    Mara's Kiss Public House --> Mara's Kiss Inn Room (this one's already called that on the door, but it needs to say that in the UI --map, loading screen, collections, etc-- as well)
    Edited by Enodoc on 6 January 2017 10:11
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The island to the south of the Hunding's Palatial Hall should be instanced inside the house, and we should be able to swim to it... There's a gimpy invisible wall and slaughterfish like 10 feet from the bank...
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'd be great if the pets we place in our home could move around and have their own actions rather than just sitting there.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just experienced a huge bug that would certainly make me very, very angry if this was live and I had spent actual coin on things. I had bought Hunding's Palatial furnished but wanted to change things around, so I spend ages redesigning and crafting to get it just right since it has become my home base. Got the horses in the stables and my banker in place, then went off to do some writs and other things. When I came back later, everything was gone aside from the three horses. EVERYTHING else. Not just the furnishings I had crafted/purchased and added.... all of the original furnishings too. Only my three horses remain. I rezoned, no change. Relogged, no change. I'm rather upset about it because I had put a lot of work into it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno you might want to look into this. I noticed a page or two back someone else said their stuff went missing also.

Other things that have bothered me during playing today:

- The amount of collectibles for large houses and manors needs to be raised a lot. 2 for a small 50k house is fine, but when you are spending over a million you should get more than 4, and certainly more than 5 for a manor. The large houses often have a three space stable so of course people will want to put multiple mounts in there, but then you can have a banker/merchant or one pet and you are done. This is ridiculous.

- An option should be added to the map to enable hiding of houses you don't own.

- As others have stated, previewing larger items is next to impossible. Even something as simple as choosing a bed becomes a guessing game. There also needs to be previews when crafting so you don't waste your resources (some of them don't even have proper small pictures).

- most houses are way, way too dark and the lighting is ridiculous. When you have a larger stone building like Daggerfall Overlook or even Hunding's Palatial, they are incredibly dark even during the daytime and no amount of candles are changing that. I played around decorating for ages trying to figure out lighting sources that would help, but they all throw only very small amounts of light. Given that there is a low limit on decorations, I don't want to be wasting it all on rows of lamps. Please make the lighting options throw more light, or add more options that do, and maybe make some natural light come in through windows more in the daytime too.

- In the browse section of the housing editor, please please please add a lighting section where all candles, sconces, chandeliers and everything of that nature could be. I found it really difficult to figure out where to find everything I could use as lighting since it is all over the place.

- when you stand up from sitting in a chair, the animation is a bit delayed so that if you just hit W and run forward, the character lurches forward and doubles over like they are very sick. Kind of funny, but kind of annoying. Also, as others have noted, I'm having issues with half of my chairs making me stand up the instant I sit back down.

- and something that will drive a lot of us crazy in the future - bank space needs to be raised with all of these new materials again being added. I find it very upsetting that more and more items keep being added, but those of us that can't afford to sub aren't even given a measly 10 space upgrade to help with it. Also, as people have pointed out, furnishings are going to be an inventory-killer. I had to destroy a lot of stuff today just because I didn't have space to carry everything around. Maybe some bag space upgrades would be good too.

Edited by Annalyse on 6 January 2017 02:18
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
    I previewed houses through the Crown Store this afternoon, bought one and began decorating. I would have liked to just run up to a house, but I play on the EU server, and my NA characters haven't traveled very far in Tamriel. I did not find the quest, though I'll try harder tomorrow.

Which was your favorite home, and why?

Small - Black Vine Villa. It has a pretty yard and a comfortable, airy interior.
    Large - Hunding's Palatial. The terraces overlooking the ocean are simply wonderful! It also comes with a tower, which is my favorite kind of dwelling. I would love to have just a tower with several levels. I think the view really makes this house stand out, and it's not so large that it becomes ridiculous for a single person.

Runners Up, Large:

Serenity Falls - One of the most inviting exteriors with its waterfall, stream and bridge.
    Old Mistveil - the second floor balcony is perfect for a warm evening. I can imagine spending most of my time there. I also like having a bedroom with a doorway.
    Strident Springs - the pond is not quite as pretty as the one at Serenity Falls, and the interior is rather dark.
    Daggerfall Overlook - the dungeon is a major selling point. One hopes implements of torture can be crafted.
    Mathiisen - I would have been drawn to a house in Auridon, except the yard isn't special, and it's an overwhelming amount of space for one person.

I looked at all the mid-size houses, but I prefer a house with a little outdoor space. I get claustrophobic. The humongous houses would serve guilds very well, and I can imagine hosting RP events at the island and the cavern.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
    I bought a few furnishings and placed them on the terrace at Hunding's. I wasn't able to sit on the sofas or the pillow I placed on the carpet. The Argonian chaise did have a sit menu, but I would immediately pop back up. The sitting animation is rather stiff. A chaise requires a swooning pose! I was also disappointed that I couldn't loll around on the beds. Traveling Tamriel in search of herbs can be tiring, and I'd like nothing more than to nap with a sea breeze wafting its salty scent through the balcony door.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    Wow, no, I didn't realize I could preview the houses furnished. They would have been much more inviting with interior lighting!

Are you an ESO Plus member?
    Yes.

What did you think of the prices for each home?
    As a fairly new, low-level player, I don't have much gold. However, I think it's good for RP and immersion if pricing is realistic. I well remember not being able to afford the price of a room whilst wandering the dusty paths of Morrowind, and having to huddle against the cold under a bridge in Skyrim (once I'd cleared out the trolls). The cushions are plusher and the hearth warmer if one has walked many a weary mile to arrive at a place of comfort.

• Magister_Aena
    Magister_Aena
    ✭✭✭
    Questions:

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Yes, after reading the forums, there should be an ingame notification of where he is.

Did you run into any issues? When being told to acquire furniture, I bought and crafted furniture from different locations and the quest still didn't advance. Going to the inn and talking to the house broker allowed me to finish however.

Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? Didn't try. Bought them all with crowns.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? All three, worked fine.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? Yes, after reading the forums.

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Yes, and I like the system, but there should be an ingame guide to this as well, it took me some time to figure out. The achievements should also tell you what furniture they unlock.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher? Yes, and I loved the flowers.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? Dungeons are lame.

Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Yes, loved the detail that went into them.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
    Yes.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? It was clear, but the chairs were very buggy and my character would often immediately stand up.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Yes, no issues here.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? Didn't try.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? Every time after relogging I acquired the achievements again after entering a house. Besides that, I thought the titles were nice.

Which was your favorite home, and why? Earthtear Cave is amazing. I spent four hours decorating before I realized there was another cave behind the entrance, and I screamed "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THIS SPACE!"

What did you think of the prices for each home? Pretty high for most of them, but it's understandable, it is a gold sink.

Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes.

Do you have any other general feedback? There is a GREAT DEAL of information that is simply not presented and is discovered through trial and error. For instance, when placing an assistant or workshop, if it's highlighted, you won't be able to access it. NOWHERE in the game does it say that, and it's easy to think some people might not understand that and get frustrated. The housing quest should also give a guide on furniture, pointing out the new achievement furniture merchants and which merchants have now had furnishings added to their inventory (I found out several hours in that the gold coins were on the merchants in the Thieves Den, after spending an hour looking at every achievement furnisher). I still have not figured out how to get the Daedric prince statues (dungeons?). Likewise, how to view a furnished home is not clear. There needs to be more in game information on furnishing and housing. It feels like the person who made all of this (I would like to thank them though for all the amazing stuff I've found so far) didn't realize players wouldn't know how to get many of the furnishings off the bat and simply assumed it was obvious, probably because he made all of it.

The crown prices for the furniture is also absurd, and should absolutely be lowered. Pricing a bowl the same as a tent is simply silly. The crafting requirements for some of the furniture items could also be tweaked, it's a little silly it takes so much of each style stone to make furnishings. The other materials, like heartwood, aren't too bad to come by, though, but the style stone requirement is just oddly high.

The targeting skeleton is very difficult to acquire in my opinion and was a very looked-forward to feature, something many players need. Perhaps attributing it to acquiring level 50 achievement and charging 50,000 gold for it?

Looking through the furniture recipes, I've found a great deal of Argonian ritual items and Dunmer Tribunal items, even Khajiit altars and an altar to Hircine (THANK YOU). However, I haven't found anything for the Eight, despite an altar to one being shown on the stream. Perhaps this is like the gold coins and I simply haven't found the merchant for it yet, but if you have Argonian and Dunmer ritual items so easily available, why do the other races not have that? Also, I've hardly found any Bosmer ritual items, besides an engraved pillar. Where are statues to Y'ffre?! Or Redguards, who, as far as I've seen, only have a sacred bowl and basin? Overall, with the furniture (although it's absolutely amazing how much of it there is and I'm having tons of fun with it) I feel there's an imbalance with certain races (ARGONIANS) getting more items in certain categories (structures, shrines, mirrors) and other races hardly having any (Altmer stalls and Dunmer tents pls).

The pet and mount limit is far too low, especially for manors. Many people have more than ten pets, and they can't have all their pets comfortably inside their hard-earned home? I'm sure there's performance issues with this (as with the 24 player cap, which I believe NEEDS to be raised), but this was very disappointing to see.

Lastly, not sure if this is a bug, but at least half the furniture icons are a generic workshop and bucket, making it very difficult to figure out if I actually want it or not. Adding to this, there should be a preview option for furnishings outside the crown store.

Bugs:

There are these untextured stone pillars, which I assume are supposed to look like the pillars around the transit shrines in Cyrodiil (also untextured in PTS)
    nRayo75.png
    5XLOrjH.png

The pillars on live:
    ry0MCIt.png

In Forsaken Stronghold bottom floor, there was this chest on a box, after picking it up and storing it, it stayed there and I was unable to move it or retrieve it from the menu. It also had an interact menu saying "Empty" but I couldn't access it as it repeatedly said out of range.
    bS02h2B.png

This is not a canopy. This is a boat.
    pMNyzRY.png

I'm repeatedly getting this error in crafting menus in my houses.
    AlMTNJn.png

The description of the Yokudan tumbler is that it's for drinking...when placing it, it's a hanging lantern.
    dEkhibm.png
    tbKG092.png

Floating lantern in Daggerfall Overlook after purchasing it furnished, couldn't move or retrieve it.
    aNRIz2e.png

After purchasing an unfurnished Hunding's Palatial Hall, this floating block was on the second floor, unable to be retrieved or moved.
    IpQGP69.png

Entire category called Uncategorized with question marks and unbuyable items.
    wJwAkpy.png

This is not a block. This is a tent.
    SFm6pFV.png

This is not a table. This is a brazier.
    9Ykd2lI.png

Several items in the store are doubled up or missing icons.
    rQOiN9k.png
    8RRgLbJ.png
    0yFAMkx.png
    suMLo0X.png
    OvwFnFC.png
    IGDnS6A.png
    KWm5gK2.png

These aren't wardrobes, these are trunks.
    6ZESv07.png
    gVa03vh.png

I'm not sure we have the same definition of "filled".
    fQqkJDW.png

The door in the basement of Daggerfall Overlook is called "Overlook Shore". It drops you into water (even if you place furniture there, jumping lets you stand though) and swimming will get you eaten.
    YsNFmSX.png

No pictures for this one, but after placing assistants, mounts, and pets, after relogging, leaving, or switching character,s some of them would be missing and back in my inventory. Seemed to happen randomly, sometimes they would stay, sometimes they would be gone. Sometimes only a few would disappear.

Character: Aena d'Eltorn
    Faction: Aldmeri Dominion
    Campaign: Thornblade

|

Character: Droz'Makal
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact
    Campaign: Blackwater Blade
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So my DC Breton went to pick up some Covenant swag from Cyrodiil, but I think her supplier got a little mixed up...

20170105202102_1.jpg

All of those red banners and the dragon head were listed as Covenant items in the furnishings list.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

When it rains outside the Sleek Creek House, it also rains inside the Sleek Creek House. :)
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! :) Loving the housing!
    Ill post more feedback when played more with this, but for now just a few bugs I found:
    1.Placed pets, mounts and assistants disappear after logging out and back in. All that I placed in 4 houses yesterday were gone: I now placed some pets in one house, fast traveled away and back again and they were still there, so maybe this only happens after logging out?
    2. It rains inside the Rawl`Kha medium house when it rains outside.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorkrunne wrote: »
    The water in both Earthtear Cavern and Hunding's Palatial Hall will kill players, but there is no clear indication of how far we can swim before we insta-die without hope of swimming back closer.

Please create invisible walls that prevent our movement further out OR create visible walls that prevent us from moving further out.

Anything is better than wondering if we will or will not suddenly die. I know my main purpose in buying these homes is so my character and guests can swim in them.

Heh, could leave as-is to make dueling more intense: eg. use a knockback a duel opponent into the water: muhahaha. "Two men enter, one man leaves..."
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Phaius
    Phaius
    ✭✭✭
    I'll address these questions as one list, rather than broken up:
    • Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues? - I did not do the initial quest, as I was interested in just jumping in and getting into decorating my house, rather than test out the quest.
    • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? - No, because I had not done the housing quest first.
    • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? - I tried the Crown Store and also walking up to houses encountered out in Tamriel.
    • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? - Yes
    • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? - Yes
    • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher? - Yes, although today when I went back to him, his list was absolutely empty. There were no furnishings in his list or in the lists of the other vendors next to him.
    • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? - I've not ran dungeons, so no.
    • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? - I have not tried that yet as I've focused on the outside of the house I've bought.
    • Did you understand how to use the various light sources? - Yes. they work as in other games that have interactive lighting.
    • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? - In both one of my houses and out in Tamriel, some chairs my character would sit in perfectly. Others, he would perch right at the edge of the seat, or at a weird side. For benches, he would attempt to sit in the middle but then immediately stand up. Chairs next to tables also seemed to cause him to try to sit but then quickly stand up. Other chairs had the text "sit" appear, but not the option to do so.
    • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? - I did not try.
    • Which was your favorite home, and why? - The Strident Springs Demesne. It's my favorite because of the house style, the size of the garden, the waterfall and pool, and the large, out of the way areas where one can set up crafting stations and vendors or set up some sort of entertainment area.
    • What did you think of the prices for each home? - I'm fine with the house prices. They're clearly meant as gold sinks and something to work for, though I will probably use crowns to buy houses. At least they are not available only through auction and then require a weekly upkeep fee as housing in Aion does, for instance.
    • Are you an ESO Plus member? - Yes.
    • Do you have any other general feedback? - Great addition to TESO. A number of things could be improved, such as being able to speak to Rolis Hlaalu without having to have a master writ on hand, the wonkiness of how seating works, more structural elements other than simple blocks and bricks. Otherwise, I really like Homestead. It's one of the more fun additions TESO has added in a while and it is nice to have your own piece of Tamriel to decorate as you like and to call your own.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how you make houses - notice especially the exteriors

67021-5-1434660083.png
    67021-2-1434660084.png

Waterfall nearby, cliffside in the background, lots of space around the cabin, and you're able to see for miles around from the dropdown of the mountainside, all the way over the Eastmarch sulphur pools.

Hunding's Palace and the Crown Store Craglorn Cave home are also excellent.

The Dunmer homes on the other hand are uninspired, crammy, locked in, offer no view over the countryside whatsoever, and are just very disappointing.

Edited by Carbonised on 6 January 2017 09:19
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my earlier feedback I have previewed a lot more houses, in both furnished and unfurnished mode.

I'm still very much of the view that the smaller properties are too small, and the bigger ones too expensive.

It's clear from the feedback that the need for people to have the bigger houses is based on the size needed for the placing of furnishings and the very inadequate limits on the placing of pets and collections etc.

Based on the gold prices, however, for anyone who doesn't spend their time farming and trading the only way it's going to be possible to acquire a reasonable sized house will be if the Crown Store prices are reasonable. It really is impossible to give a full feedback on the housing system (other than by way of specific bug reports) without knowing what those prices will be.
  • SophiCat
    SophiCat
    ✭✭
    I was very disappointed to find that the small things we pilfer - statuettes, decorative skooma boxes, etc cannot be used as decorations!!! I had so hoped we could add some variety and individuality to our houses that way.
    :(
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Not able to sit at the desk in the Wayrest Gardner house using gamepad.
    She keeps popping back up and sliding off to the side.
  • koekie1991b16_ESO
    koekie1991b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love the overall look of the new patch regarding to player housing. Although its full of bugs.

Chairs: Even when placed right, u should be able to sit on them but you just can't, or the animation is there but you stand up right after sitting.

Items: Items that come pre bought with the home such as the orange basket arent visible in the menu, although it is in your bag after retrieving it. You cant place it back because the items isnt listed in the menu to place items. (the ones you own)

I came to find that despite I have an eso imperial edition account. I cannot build or craft any imperial stuff? Altho most of the crown store items can be crafted with materials and crowns, NONE of the nibanese (imperial) stuff is listed for normall crafting. I find that rather odd.

I find the number of placeable items to your home very diturbing and unbalanced. A inn room can have 100 items ( how the hell would you place 100 items in a 1 by 1 square room) while the bigger estates only have an item number placement of 600 if you have an eso sub. Much houses lack fireplaces and stuff, (also none avaliable to build) So if youd like immersion, you gotta make one out of stone tablets, thats maby 40 pieces already. Hell nobodyc an make himself a nice garden, cuz I am absolutely sure as skyrim house modder, that a nice full garden will need over 200 pieces of not 300.

I think the item placement number really needs to be adressed. Im not going to buy a huge cave if I can only place 600 items, hell that doesnt even fill up 1/4th oft he place looking immersive.

Items I discovered missing from the (place list) in the dit menu but are craftable so far: ( it seems by going offline and online, this fixes the issue)

Orange Basket
    Argonian Lattice, rough
    Edited by koekie1991b16_ESO on 6 January 2017 14:25
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Also the stool in the upstairs room pops you off of it intermittently using gamepad.
    One of the rocking chairs will slide you down until you're sitting halfway on it. (screenshot)
    Additional screenshots added to show location.
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Kind of disappointed you can't really interact with the bed in homes.
    Unless you count this?
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The 'Overlook Shore' trapdoor in Daggerfall Overlook Manor drops me right into the water! If I try to swim I get eaten by slaughterfish!

At last! A convenient disposal for all those cretins who challenge me to a duel without bothering to introduce themselves. I will accept, on condition they take a tour of my house first. I shall have the largest slaughterfish in Tamriel.

Please allow us to re-name the door to something appropriate, such as, "Delightful Courtyard" or "Honeymoon Suite."
  • JRCandeias
    JRCandeias
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will we be able to buy some land and build a house from scratch in the near future? That would be awesome!
    PC EU
    Hellooo!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serelir wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The 'Overlook Shore' trapdoor in Daggerfall Overlook Manor drops me right into the water! If I try to swim I get eaten by slaughterfish!

At last! A convenient disposal for all those cretins who challenge me to a duel without bothering to introduce themselves. I will accept, on condition they take a tour of my house first. I shall have the largest slaughterfish in Tamriel.

Please allow us to re-name the door to something appropriate, such as, "Delightful Courtyard" or "Honeymoon Suite."

"Aquarium" might be appropriate...
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
    - Yes, No issues.

Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
    - Yes, No issues.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
    - Generally, I previewed them by jumping through the preview options in the store. I bought several furnished ones with Crowns, and I bought a few unfurnished ones with in game gold. I did not approach individual doors. No issues.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    - Yes, although it took a second, as this this was not inherently intuitive. I would recommend relocating the option to someplace other than under the "Purchase" section. Some end-users might be hesitant to click purchase, and others might not even think to look there for the option. Yes, but could be more intuitive

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
    - Not yet. Haven't even found them. So far I've purchased homes, stored furnishings from various houses that I purchased "furnished", and started trying to decorate a single property from start to finish. I'm not finished and have not yet hit the item limit cap - so we'll have to see how far we get. Not tested.

Quick note/request - I used the Craglorn circular seat to turn my Sleek Creek into a Japanese hot springs. PLEASE sell that seat, even if it has to be for real gold in the store, I'm never going to be able to afford Craglorn but I really want that seat.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    - Haven't looked yet. Not tested.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
    - Do not have any busts, as I haven't done the Undaunted quests yet. Not tested.

Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
    - I see them in my inventory, I have not yet tried to place or read them. Not tested, verified availability however.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources? -
    - Yes. Most had no issue. There were a couple of times I tried to place them on a column or wall and, probably because I placed them wrong (too far through the object) I could not reselect in the house editor and had to "retrieve them".

Additional Information about above question -Lights were not the only objects I ran into this problem with. Additionally, if you actually place something "out of bounds" it is not retrievable Example - in making my Japanese style hot spring, I rotated a Cherry tree so the base of the trunk was behind the left edge of the creek wall, so the leaves hung over the side, but part of the trunk was not visible. There is no way to retrieve or reselect that tree - it's gone from inventory - I'm, assuming it's not reading it as "on property"). I also ran into issues trying to select tapestries/paintings that were accidently placed too far through a wall in the houses that don't have outside zones. While it might not fix the issue of retrieval, improving the ability to align objects against a wall or other vertical structures might mitigate this becoming a problem for other players.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world?
    - Multiple Issues. Some chairs could not be interacted with despite having the interactive option appear. Some caused my character to sit down in mid air and slide across open space until properly seated. Some chairs simply caused the character to sit and then immediately stand.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
    - I was able to create permissions, and copy them from house to house with only one error. When I tried to copy the settings to (I think) Serenity Springs it said "Failed to copy permissions". It gave no other information and I had to reset those permissions manually. That said, having given my husband's account Decorator permissions, he has still yet to download the patch and log into the PTS server. I have not been able to confirm that the permissions are working. Although I did find them and implement them with one small glitch.

Which was your favorite home, and why?
    - The Sleek Creek house. I love the look of the Khajit houses and this one isn't so large that I am going to immediately have to spend a ton of money to decorate it. I may "upgrade" to Serenity Springs (once I actually hit the item cap for the Sleek Creek house - however, right now I have no idea what those caps are).

What did you think of the prices for each home?
    - I have no problem with the in game prices, but some of the quests are going to be difficult to accomplish for some of the lower level/non-offensive characters. I've only been playing a couple of months and am a non-offensive healer. The idea that I may have completed ALL of the quests in DC, EP or AD is silly. Especially since I tend to solo unless my husband's character happens to also be online. But I have been harvesting the heck out of Craglorn in anticipation of this release so my character is already quite wealthy. I'd love to "buy" one of the manors, and could theoretically eventually afford it, but it's going to take a long while for me to complete every quest and earn those accomplishments. Or else I will have to purchase them from the store (which I and many others simply can't afford). Maybe this is as intended, but it means newer players are not going to have access to these properties for a long time, whereas "older" players will be more likely to move right in. As a newer player I feel that there are already plenty of ways that Veterans have a strong advantage over newer players and this feels like "character age discrimination". Or an attempt to make sure you keep as many ESO plus subscribers for as long as possible. But if they don't love questing, they're just going to find the requirement frustrating and be more likely to not bother with getting a nice house, and then the point of having housing will be moot. There are characters for whom questing is not their favorite thing about the game. There are PvP lovers, compulsive flower pickers (like myself), and people who love to go fishing. Requiring specific achievements for quests only is unbalanced. If you were Emperor in Cyrodil, shouldn't there be a special house for that achievement? This just seems off balance.

Are you a ESO Plus subscriber-
    - Yes. As of yesterday. Loving that craft bag.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    - Yep. Even though I left tech almost a decade ago, I spent most of the 90's and early aughts in either tech support, QA, or acting as a liaison between tech, QA and Dev. This is an amazing update. You'll never make all of your user base happy in one go (especially if it involves class balancing). However, having at least some idea the amount of coding and resources that must have gone into this large of a roll out, I have to say you guys have done a fantastic job. I understand that things have to be rolled out in stages and then later expanded upon, but adding all new crafting options, housing, furnishing, object placement tools, and integrating it well without any immediate game breaking problem is a fantastic accomplishment and everyone involved deserves kudos. I do have a couple of suggestions on things to add in the future if possible:

* I know you're already working on storage. It would be neat if that storage was accessible through other interactive furniture, such as wardrobes and chests.

* The ability to place items from your inventory that aren't specifically "furnishings". For example - I have SO MUCH FOOD. The idea that I have to find "decorative food" is a little silly, I mean it's not like the food actually rots. Also I have an entire alt dedicated to holding "collectibles" because I thought they would be usable in my home. At bare minimum this will annoy the Anglers who have been holding onto "collectible fish" because they thought they would be able to display them on their walls.

* Be able to place your Assistants (and pets I suppose) in a specific residence and have them remain there. This will be helpful to people who want to provide guild access for their mates, but wish for the residence to actually be helpful to them, not just a substitute wayshrine.

* Add another layer of permissions to housing that allows specifically named players the option to take & remove items from a residence. This helps two groups - character's that are married in game, and want to at least simulate "co-ownership" of a residence, as well as benefit guilds where several officers may chip in to buy a large manor and all of the contributors want equal access. In these situations the abode would still officially belong to one person, who could boot anyone at anytime.

* To mitigate the lack of guild halls, the ability to transfer ownership of a dwelling to other characters would be helpful. A guildmaster leaving the game would then be able to pass the property to a different owner.

* Please come up with an alignment function for items that hang on walls. Right now it appears that everything at can be snapped horizontally on any flat plane, but not vertically. Currently, adding things to the walls is tedious, and if placed too far into the wall, either have to be retrieved using the tool or, depending on how far it's been placed in the object, may become unretrievable. Accidently realigning your item by right clicking when you've just gotten it place can be very annoying.

* For houses with yards, allow the renaming of the front door, so characters can personalize their homes even further (So I could name mine "The Anybody House" or "Big Nini's House of Swing"). You get the drift. :smile:

Oversights

* You need a separate inventory system for user's furniture. I have the craft bag, and furniture seems to show up there (at least some of it), however it is also taking up all the room in my inventory, which is not how I understood the craft bag to work (although I did just get ESO Plus yesterday). Still, I haven't begun to test the crafting furniture function, I imagine that a lot of materials will need to be collected. Something really needs to be done about this, as I feel this will make the game extremely frustrating, and possibly unplayable, for most players. Players either need to be given a significant amount of free inventory and bank space, or a completely separate furniture inventory, or you need to seriously drop the price on bank/bag upgrades and raise the cap at the same time. I mean drop it to like, $5k - drop it a lot. Honestly, it's already ridiculous, I know you need to get gold out of the game to control inflation, but you now have housing for that. This really feels like an oversight, and it needs to be fixed.

* You need to either add a large number of new, easily accessible skyshards, or more quests will have to award a skill point, and those points need to be applied to previously completed quests for older characters retroactively. Since you are now requiring characters to cross specialize in multiple disciplines to make furniture. This will put player's in position where they will have to choose between making their character a functional fighter, or being a completely specialized crafter. Right now it's possible to find a balance between those two things, even though some characters decide to go one direction or the other. However, without more accessible skill points you will be forcing the choice, and some people don't have time, day to day, to roll up two high level separately specialized alts.

Bugs:

One repeatable bug found.
    - When it rains (at least in the Sleek Creek house) it rains both inside and out.

Two occasionally recurring bugs:
    1) Twice, when traveling from Sleek Creek to Mournhold, my system crashed directly after Mournhold started to load. To clarify, I landed at the Mournhold Wayshrine, all the characters around me were still in the black silhouette stage, and then the program crashed.
    2) Trying to logout with Tythis the personal banker still out, had caused my system to crash. I didn't initially notice the trend, so I don't know exactly how often this has happened. I know I have crashed 5 times since the patch - but my machine may be slightly out of date.

Off the top of my head that is about it. I've only been testing for about a day though. I'll post an update if I see anything else. I do have one quick question though - is jewelry crafting coming with this release?

Thanks again to you and your team!

Multiple Edits: Words & stuff
    Edited by Ninane on 6 January 2017 15:51
  • Naerri
    Naerri
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really necessary for each house to be surrounded by these high walls? Feels very cramped to me, almost like a prison and you cant really enjoy surroundings and local vistas.
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Game crash loading Mistveil Manor preview from the Collections UI using Gamepad
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having the issue with Cyrodiil Alliance items being wrong faction. All my banners for my DC character appeared to be Ebonheart Pact.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »

- The amount of collectibles for large houses and manors needs to be raised a lot. 2 for a small 50k house is fine, but when you are spending over a million you should get more than 4, and certainly more than 5 for a manor. The large houses often have a three space stable so of course people will want to put multiple mounts in there, but then you can have a banker/merchant or one pet and you are done. This is ridiculous.

- and something that will drive a lot of us crazy in the future - bank space needs to be raised with all of these new materials again being added. I find it very upsetting that more and more items keep being added, but those of us that can't afford to sub aren't even given a measly 10 space upgrade to help with it. Also, as people have pointed out, furnishings are going to be an inventory-killer. I had to destroy a lot of stuff today just because I didn't have space to carry everything around. Maybe some bag space upgrades would be good too.

These two points I strongly agree with. To elaborate further, I feel like the large estates should allow 8 unsubbed and 16 if you are subbed. That would allow the subbed folks to place extra mounts and pets but still give the unsubbed folks enough to fill the stables and place assistants and maybe a pet somewhere.

The bank space needs to become unlimited. Just make it 10K per slot with no cap. Problem solved. Also add additional slots in crown store for 100 crowns each. What can this possibly hurt?

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bug here ! ( french version " i'm french " , same description for the 15 and 50 achievement point of this achievement ) why i post here ? simply because we still not have the patch note / and we don't have anny PTS feedback thread .

659836Screenshot20170106161434.png

929365Screenshot20170106161436.png
    Edited by Apherius on 6 January 2017 15:38
  • ZOS_MandiParker
    ZOS_MandiParker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »
    Also I am disappointed in the availability of things to craft. Master writs drop somewhat rarely (8 writs, 2 characters, no drops). On top of that, many of the master writs I got from making a template require legendary mats. LEGENDARY. Are you aware that tempering alloy are currently 10k a piece? That means a master crafting writ that require legendary mats cost up to 80k gold to complete. Absurd.

There are no basic crafting items, like a table, chair or anything that a max level woodworker should be able to make right off the bat without blueprints.

Most of the furnishing recipes are found out in the world, not from the Master Writ vendor exclusively (which has a very small number of top tier recipes). The vast majority of furnishing recipes (well over a thousand) are found in all sorts of containers throughout the world, and also from things like pickpocketing and murder, certain vendors, humanoid enemies, and some other sources in the game. Also, recipe sourcing is influenced by region so if you are in Eastmarch for example, then you will see more Nord style furniture items recipes, and if you are in Alik'r, you should see more Redguard stuff. You will still find other recipes, but the local culture's recipes will be more common.
    Mandi Parker
    Systems Designer
    Staff Post