The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
  • Home Previewing
    • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
    • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
    • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
  • Furnishing Sourcing
    • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
    • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
  • Specialty Furnishings
    • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
    • Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
    • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
  • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
  • Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
  • Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
  • Which was your favorite home, and why?
  • What did you think of the prices for each home?
  • Are you an ESO Plus member?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home preview: How do we get back to where we were without buying the house?

Edit: leaving the house will do that, despite where it says you are going.
    Edited by Elsonso on 4 January 2017 20:10
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • s_ch_kb16_ESO
    s_ch_kb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just started testing, but why am I getting eaten by slaughterfish at the edges of my craglorn cavern? Is this on purpose? I don't see a reason for that.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't preview the Grand Topal Hideaway because of a "Jump failed. Instance is full." error.

Are you throwing me into the same instance as the other people previewing it?
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those arpartments are more like prison cells! LOL
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already found a bug with the Cyrodilic Jungle House, Tried to jump on the barrel next to the door to get an image and got stuck, I tried opening the editor to move it but since I'm in the falling animation I couldn't do it

*Edit* Managed to move the barrel and free myself

IkRFnWI.jpg
    Edited by JamieAubrey on 4 January 2017 20:50
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit tried to sit on chairs in The Rosy Lion and could not sit on any.

The chairs she placed herself - no problem and very welcome.

Item placement in houses is really easy to use.

Have settled on the small Redguard house in Bangkorai. Would have gone for the medium one in Sentinel but it has no garden space. Would have liked one of the big places but not at the present price!

The inn rooms are really really teeny tiny. Khajiit will probably use hers as a private bar or something - depending on how many others you can have in at any one time.

Some screenies here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRTq6Mq

Too tired to do much more tonight. Maybe more tomorrow.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Edited by SantieClaws on 4 January 2017 21:00
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Can we add a reset feature for decorations?
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I broke it!

bXiOPjR.png

e: I did it for all of them

GMz1QN6.png
    Edited by rhapsodious on 4 January 2017 21:10
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I can't preview the Grand Topal Hideaway because of a "Jump failed. Instance is full." error.

This was happening since PTS just opened and everyone was basically jumping into homes immediately. The issue should be resolved by now, but if you're still running into the issue, just keep trying and you'll eventually get there.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Just one small player house in Eastmarch? Was looking forward to a large snow covered house! Sad days -_-
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was happening since PTS just opened and everyone was basically jumping into homes immediately. The issue should be resolved by now, but if you're still running into the issue, just keep trying and you'll eventually get there.

So it's gonna be a problem as more players buy these homes cause of how it's instances when going live?
    (Asking based on context?)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While touring the Forsaken Stronghold I found this random floating flame.

rrj04Y0.jpg

Old Mistveel Manor has some strange skyline.

nzOFrxy.jpg
    Edited by BigBragg on 4 January 2017 21:42
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chances we'll see a replica of the Dark Brotherhood Cave as a home?
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To purchase the homes you need specific achievements unlocked on the character performing the purchase.

Litte offtopic.. but we need account wide achievements!
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I feel like the prices are too steep. I understand that there are trade guild leaders with millions sitting around, but they in no way represent the entire community. It seems that the manor houses were priced around PvGers, not those who run trials and dungeons, spending all of their money golding things in order to achieve BIS. Not for the countless PvPers who fight for their faction with honor or cunning. It was priced for those who spend hours manipulating the market, which, although impressive, is not the primary focus of the game. As another community member stated in a different discussion, it would be great if there were more rewards for playing the game. Limit the BOP items and allow PvEers to make money in their own way. If not, lower the prices. The most expensive manor should cost, at most, one million, without changes to gameplay. This would be a good balance for those who have plenty of gold sinks already. This is all just my opinion, so take it however you wish. Good day.
    Edited by MythicEmperor on 4 January 2017 21:49
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serenity Falls estate in Reaper's March: I love everything about this house except for this pathetic tiny balcony. You can barely put any furniture on it! What is this, a balcony for ants?
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorite: Grand Topal Hidaway. There's so much win in this. Ultimate Island getaway paradise. And the layout is incredible.

My only small gripe is for something so large I should be able to ride a mount on the exterior grounds.

@ContentTeam: Awesome work. Truly.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    To purchase the homes you need specific achievements unlocked on the character performing the purchase.

Litte offtopic.. but we need account wide achievements!

Well I'm just using the one who has the progress.
    I only see issue with housing crafting needing account wide for motif and research and maybe pushing the envelop on passives.

I'm ok with requiring us to use the skill points tho but the progress is what I'm touching on.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The 'Overlook Shore' trapdoor in Daggerfall Overlook Manor drops me right into the water! If I try to swim I get eaten by slaughterfish!

eso64%202017-01-05%2007-56-12-04_1.jpg
    Edited by kip_silverwolf on 4 January 2017 22:07
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    Favorite: Grand Topal Hidaway. There's so much win in this. Ultimate Island getaway paradise. And the layout is incredible.

My only small gripe is for something so large I should be able to ride a mount on the exterior grounds.

@ContentTeam: Awesome work. Truly.

I agree and some fishing.

I am also on the same page with @SantieClaws about needing some gardening space. Was a bit surprised by the lack of it in some of the medium homes.
    Edited by BigBragg on 4 January 2017 22:13
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish i could get into pts... console problems

Can someone make a dueling arena? Get big statues with a flat bottom and place them upside down in the ground for a duel arena.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did great here , wonderful , amazing . I completely give credit to ZOS here for doing a fantastic job . I would enjoy this so much more if a bad balance patch wasn't tied together .
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    I agree and some fishing.

I am also on the same page with @SantieClaws about needing some gardening space. Was a bit surprised by the lack of it in some of the medium homes.

Yeah fishing here, especially for the cost would be ideal. Seeing something masterful like this instance makes me notice the flat ocean and I think of there's no boats sailing by.

Some ambient boats moving in the distance would be awesome in the instance...and in general on coastal Zones in the world but I digress. I doubt it would be that resource intensive.

I woudn't complain about a jetski lol.
    Edited by Cronopoly on 4 January 2017 22:29
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    I see most of the houses, at least the larger ones, have some source of water. Would it be possible to add fishing holes---especially on the Island Retreat--Why have your own Island if you can't fish on it:)

So far everything went very smoothly--from doing the initial quest to get the apt--to--editing the houses and placing objects.

I think visually everything looks great, but right now, as it stands, all the items with the exception of sitting in as chair or lighting a candle are very static. It would be nice if we could actually use the chests and shelves in the houses. Note: most chairs kick you out after you sit down?

It still baffles me that "Storage" did not make the cut--that is, for me at least, the primary reason to own a home???

Otherwise, nice work:)
    Edited by Willard on 4 January 2017 22:34
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmm... have to admit to being a little disappointed with what i saw.

started at the top end and worked my way down....

if i'm to spend 3.8 mil on a home i want something with a lot of space both inside and out. ok the cave thing is fairly large but i have no desire to be a troglodyte.

all i all i would prefer a hut on the beach on kenarthiis roost.
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    The water in both Earthtear Cavern and Hunding's Palatial Hall will kill players, but there is no clear indication of how far we can swim before we insta-die without hope of swimming back closer.

Please create invisible walls that prevent our movement further out OR create visible walls that prevent us from moving further out.

Anything is better than wondering if we will or will not suddenly die. I know my main purpose in buying these homes is so my character and guests can swim in them.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorkrunne wrote: »
    The water in both Earthtear Cavern and Hunding's Palatial Hall will kill players, but there is no clear indication of how far we can swim before we insta-die without hope of swimming back closer.

Please create invisible walls that prevent our movement further out OR create visible walls that prevent us from moving further out.

Anything is better than wondering if we will or will not suddenly die. I know my main purpose in buying these homes is so my character and guests can swim in them.

Build a wall.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vorkrunne wrote: »

Build a wall.

and make the slaughter fish pay for it.

good luck with that.
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    Mathiisen Manor suffers from magical sunlight produced by... no window.

There are no windows that could possibly cause this light. It appears during sunset or sunrise, I believe.

The remainder of the day cycle does not produce magical sunlight without a window.
  • Eryas
    Eryas
    Soul Shriven
    Black vine villa is not yet visible on the city map

212764d4704b29ef421c0ed41ca1bdce.jpg