Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Witch Hunt?

• clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't a report. Reread what was said.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »
    The only reason why she was banned is because of these exact words: "excessive ultimate using". That's it. We know nothing else.

You're going to have to be more specific than that. What ultimate was she using?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me it was a script ZOS run that caught these people so the whole "a lot of people reported my friend" isn't exactly what happened. I again reiterate that it should be a perma ban.

It is exactly what happened. She fought a group with a couple other people and after that got the ban. I find it interesting that the ban occurred after the in-game conflict and not before or many hours after.

So you know the people who reported her? Was in the room when they did it?

I call Bulls hit on this whole thing.

Good try though to put confusion out there.

Sigh. Yes, because I have nothing better to do than spread misinformation on the official forums of ESO. I of course am so bored I'd lie about a friend getting suspended then ask others to consider to not spam reports on individuals they've never exactly met/watched for quite some time. Do I know the exact character names of the group that fought her? I will try to find out and get back to you on that.

No matter what I say, even if I agree with you that cheaters should get permanently banned, you seem to think I'm here to lie. Your mentality is why I am worried about the report system being used en masse.

Its the internet bub. Plenty of people trolling about to get people up in arms over things. No one here knows you, no one can vouch for you from what I can tell. So Im not really sure why you think people should believe you when your story doesnt add up to what we've been explicitly told by the Community Manager.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    It wasn't a report. Reread what was said.

I have read what you said. As reiterated by others in this thread, a decent number of those who were caught cheating have been permanently banned. My friend was not. You keep insinuating that I am lying or that my friend was "caught". A 3 day ban that occurred soon after she fought a group in Cyrodiil is why we think that they reported her and not in the wake of the recent bans.

And if, IF they did report her and she was suspended BECAUSE of those reports, then we are back to the real focus of this thread: stop reporting people en masse because it may lead to unneeded bans/suspensions. I have already said that I've seen people urge others to report individuals for "shuffle stacking" and other things. Undoubtedly others have seen such things too.

If it was not caused by multiple reports then that's fine. I would suggest looking at the automated system for suspending people. But the fact still remains: people still report an individual in large groups.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me it was a script ZOS run that caught these people so the whole "a lot of people reported my friend" isn't exactly what happened. I again reiterate that it should be a perma ban.

It is exactly what happened. She fought a group with a couple other people and after that got the ban. I find it interesting that the ban occurred after the in-game conflict and not before or many hours after.

Sigh. Yes, because I have nothing better to do than spread misinformation on the official forums of ESO. I of course am so bored I'd lie about a friend getting suspended then ask others to consider to not spam reports on individuals they've never exactly met/watched for quite some time. Do I know the exact character names of the group that fought her? I will try to find out and get back to you on that.

No matter what I say, even if I agree with you that cheaters should get permanently banned, you seem to think I'm here to lie. Your mentality is why I am worried about the report system being used en masse.

Its the internet bub. Plenty of people trolling about to get people up in arms over things. No one here knows you, no one can vouch for you from what I can tell. So Im not really sure why you think people should believe you when your story doesnt add up to what we've been explicitly told by the Community Manager.
    If she got a 3 day ban she got off pretty easy. According to Jessica anyone caught using the 3rd party program will be getting slapped with permanent bans.

So right now Im going to make the assumption that this thread is based on nonsense that hasnt actually occurred. Because its either youre making this up. Or Jessica is.

Go ahead and point out the part in the Community manager post that says anyone being caught will be permabanned. It aint there.

They say they have permabanned some already caught. Notice they gave a number and no where did they say all.

They say they will continue to ban. not perma ban. just ban. A 3 day ban is a ban.

If you can quote me something different go ahead.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on 31 May 2016 00:02
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the 3day bans are going out to the ones who do 2 or 3 ultimates in a row, possible cause being lag. And the permabans are going out to the ones who can keep spamming it over the course of minutes with unlimited ultimate.

Maybe, OP is lying.

Maybe his friend is lying.

Maybe Jess is lying.

Maybe we will understand when we get a more official response to the situation.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    The only reason why she was banned is because of these exact words: "excessive ultimate using". That's it. We know nothing else.

You're going to have to be more specific than that. What ultimate was she using?

True!
    If she was using soul harvest which gets filled very fast then its not a cheat.
    ( drink potion and spam sap essence in a zerg battle, less than 0.5 to 1.5 min you can activate soul harvest)
    Edited by Van_0S on 31 May 2016 00:05
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a big difference in people getting pissed at someone who is "shuffle stacking" and someone who is using a 3rd party program. That is what the bans were for. Excessive ultimate usage is one of the things that 3rd party program can do.

So anything else you would like to add?
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on 31 May 2016 00:04
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If she got a 3 day ban she got off pretty easy. According to Jessica anyone caught using the 3rd party program will be getting slapped with permanent bans.

So right now Im going to make the assumption that this thread is based on nonsense that hasnt actually occurred. Because its either youre making this up. Or Jessica is.

Go ahead and point out the part in the Community manager post that says anyone being caught will be permabanned. It aint there.

They say they have permabanned some already caught. Notice they gave a number and no where did they say all.

They say they will continue to ban. not perma ban. just ban. A 3 day ban is a ban.

Go ahead and point out where they said theyre giving out 3 day bans right now? Oh you cant because the only source is some nobody on the internet? Okay. Well I guess when you can present your evidence...Ill bother to go hunt down those quotes.

Dont worry, I wont wait for it.
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Nope, I don't believe it for a second... they verify the reports thoroughly & have to check the stats that more ultimate was used than should be possible to generate.
    ZOS to consider that not all reports are authentic

they DO.

sry, i remember good the ban-script with the writs exploit, and nobody wanted to believe, that people were banned without using that exploit, and zos appologied days after to them. i dont believe anything here, and that any ban MUST be rightfull.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative

She was NOT using an ultimate in this case. No Nova, no Remembrance, nothing. The only PvP she has really done was Trueflame on Saturday and after that, Arboretum in Haderus occasionally with forays against other groups in open world. She rarely uses an ult save for Bat Swarm. She already replied to the email after submitting a ticket and all she has now gotten is a mail telling her that the 72 hour ban is "definite" and that she should read the rules and that there may be a permanent ban. There is nothing else in the email regarding a cheat engine or anything.

She does not remember any of the group's names she fought but will look into it with the friends she PvP'ed with that time.

At this point, I have nothing more to add since the rest of this case is between her and the support team. That's all.
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Everyone in prison is innocent.

Just ask them.

She was NOT using an ultimate in this case. No Nova, no Remembrance, nothing. The only PvP she has really done was Trueflame on Saturday and after that, Arboretum in Haderus occasionally with forays against other groups in open world. She rarely uses an ult save for Bat Swarm. She already replied to the email after submitting a ticket and all she has now gotten is a mail telling her that the 72 hour ban is "definite" and that she should read the rules and that there may be a permanent ban. There is nothing else in the email regarding a cheat engine or anything.

She does not remember any of the group's names she fought but will look into it with the friends she PvP'ed with that time.

At this point, I have nothing more to add since the rest of this case is between her and the support team. That's all.

Did the support tell the explicit reason? She should ask for it. I had to write 3 or 4 friendly mails to the support, stating that I didnt do the writ-exploit until they checked and confirmed that.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Did the support tell the explicit reason? She should ask for it. I had to write 3 or 4 friendly mails to the support, stating that I didnt do the writ-exploit until they checked and confirmed that.

Nope. No reason except for what I said in the original post. I've already told her to try to work with support in looking into it. Thank you. If there are any others who have been suspended/banned because of reports/system then I strongly suggest going through the ticket system as soon as possible.

As for reports that can lead to unnecessary bans, again, please don't use the report system if there is no valid reason to.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Go ahead and point out where they said theyre giving out 3 day bans right now? Oh you cant because the only source is some nobody on the internet? Okay. Well I guess when you can present your evidence...Ill bother to go hunt down those quotes.

Ok let us play that game. Go ahead and point out where they say they aren't.

I'm not trying to be rude, but several post now from different people are trying to use that quote to say things it just doesn't.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on 31 May 2016 00:36
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well...if your friend was unjustly banned, then I'm sorry. But it honestly just doesn't make sense. The reason for the 3-day ban, according to you, was for 'excessive ultimate using.' And yet now, you are saying that she wasn't using an ultimate at all. Just doesn't add up.

All she can do is wait it out. Write a letter to Zos. And move on. There is really no point to telling others to not report people who they think is exploiting. If enough people report someone over the same period of time, then I would think that Zos would look into it and take action.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not trying to be rude, but several post now from different people are trying to use that quote to say things it just doesn't.

Still waiting for that confirmation that 3 day bans are in use. And when someone has to say they arent trying to be rude...They more than likely are being rude.
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well...if your friend was unjustly banned, then I'm sorry. But it honestly just doesn't make sense. The reason for the 3-day ban, according to you, was for 'excessive ultimate using.' And yet now, you are saying that she wasn't using an ultimate at all. Just doesn't add up.

please dont ask for sense in bans. lets talk again, when u also were banned without doing something "unrightfull". en-forum writers seem to like witch hunts. i dont mean u in this case, but u allready can read again that stupid "in prison also all say they are not guilty blah blah börks...". lets take it seriously: if someone claims to be banned without any reason, the support should react and ckeck it correctly, should work with the player instead of trying to get rid of him by threats - and if that ban then still is correct he can ban someone for rest of his life out of the game. but right now, i dont believe that any ban must be correct. its just experience with zos. happened to me, happened to a friend who was accused to have stolen mats from somebody - the support didnt even check it technically, they just banned after he was reported. so i can understand, that people say, that people have to use the report-button with responsibility.
    Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on 31 May 2016 00:48
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Still waiting for that confirmation that 3 day bans are in use. And when someone has to say they arent trying to be rude...They more than likely are being rude.

I said it because you seemed like you were getting angry. A lot of people do that when they realize they are wrong. Just trying to make you feel better about it.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

please dont ask for sense in bans. lets talk again, when u also were banned without doing something "unrightfull". en-forum writers seem to like witch hunts. i dont mean u in this case, but u allready can read again that stupid "in prison also all say they are not guilty blah blah börks...". lets take it seriously: if someone claims to be banned without any reason, the support should react and ckeck it correctly, should work with the player instead of trying to get rid of him by threats - and if that ban then still is correct he can ban someone for rest of his life out of the game. but right now, i dont believe that any ban must be correct. its just experience with zos. happened to me, happened to a friend who was accused to have stolen mats from somebody - the support didnt even check it technically, they just banned after he was reported. so i can understand, that people say, that people have to use the report-button with responsibility.

please re-read my 2nd paragraph.
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yeah, but your second part is just wrong. if people get reported often doesnt mean, that zos checks it correctly. why then get people banned which didnt do anything? i dont know wethere the actual complaints are correct or not, who did what or not, but i know the past. and that showed me, that if u think, that zos and support always does check reports correctly and THEN ban. then u are wrong.
    Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on 31 May 2016 00:56
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to inform you that we've felt it necessary to close this thread. The reason being that this thread has been created to discuss another members disciplinary actions, which is against the Forum Rules. Along with this it seems this thread has become a place for heated back and forth. At this time if unusual behavior is found occurring on an account, a team will begin to investigate said account to ensure the legitimacy of the accounts recent activity in game.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.