Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exploiters selling their cheap mats and getting rich

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
ZENIMAX handled the issue not exactly really well.
rewarding exploiters is not a good thing ZOS.
And how do I know? It is quite obvious if people sell materials 2k lower than usual all of the sudden in all zone chats lol.

The small punishment of a 3 day ban just encourages people to exploit again once another opportunity arises
Edited by Alcast on 13 May 2016 08:26
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one of these threads...? Really...? When do you think as a community we can look past this. =_=
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Another one of these threads...? Really...? When do you think as a community we can look past this. =_=

You speak on behalf of the community and we all agree we should ignore exploiters.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will be okay when i get millions of gold because of exploiting and not get banned or have my materials/gold seized
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at a guild store now and as soon as the ban was lifted one player listed 200 tempering alloys in groups of 10. just lol
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    ZENIMAX handled the issue really well.

And how do I know? It is quite obvious if people sell materials 2k lower than usual all of the sudden in all zone chats lol.

At least now everyone know what to do the next time such an "opportunity" arises... just hope it doesn't involve a ridiculously expensive NPC :wink:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

At least now everyone know what to do the next time such an "opportunity" arises... just hope it doesn't involve a ridiculously expensive NPC :wink:

this..
    Edited by Alcast on 3 May 2016 15:02
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The small punishment of a 3 day ban just encourages people to exploit again once another opportunity arises

Been tooting this horn since we found out that they were being banned. Posted multiple times in many different threads asking ZoS what was going to be done with the exploited materials, even tagged ZoS employees in the post. STILL have not received any kind of acknowledgement from them on the issue.

ZoS clearly doesn't care about its player base anymore. Becomes more and more obvious.

You best believe next time there is a cash grab exploit we'll all be using it.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, it could be people who believe things without verifying the source making assumptions.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who cares dude. buy some alloys for cheap. if i was on right now and i had the gold i would buy them all.
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »

Or, it could be people who believe things without verifying the source making assumptions.
    yeah this guy clearly found 200 tempering alloy the day the ban was lifted its all just a coincidence :)

• sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeez guys. you act like this has ruined ur life
    - THE MORALES -
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »

nope just dont want a few reprobrates to get a rewarded for ballsing up a game a lot of us enjoy and also getting the eu server pulled in prime time. they should have got perma banned or at least banks and bags wiped
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Well I know several people who where in TS with me where exploiting the hell out of it... They didn't get anything done to their accounts or materials. So I can confirm with complete honesty that some did fall through the cracks. Idk what happened to the people that got banned for 3 days and whatnot, but in my TS it was pretty much a *event* and no one got touched there.
    did you report them?
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... WHAT DID I MISS?
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course not. I did not partake, And it's not my responsibility to police this game. Besides with the Way Zos reacts to Blinxy and other things, I'd prolly be the one to get actioned against if I did speak up.
    Edited by NativeJoe on 3 May 2016 15:17
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, selling mats cheaper is good for me,when I neex to buy stuff... Lol...

I agree the 3 day ban without removing the mats from their account is a stupid move.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course not. I did not partake, And it's not my responsibility to police this game.

well then your as culpable letting people exploit and doing nothing zos cant have eyes everywhere thats why the report option exists
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    sirrmattus wrote: »

nope just dont want a few reprobrates to get a rewarded for ballsing up a game a lot of us enjoy and also getting the eu server pulled in prime time. they should have got perma banned or at least banks and bags wiped

i agree and i was pissed about the server goin down on friday. so pist i got a 72 hr ban from forums. but this exploit hasnt effected me at all. 1st im pooor, 2nd i dont have tempers to begin with, 3rd i just dont care. why are you guys so upset?
    - THE MORALES -
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... WHAT DID I MISS?

You missed an exploit with the Banker in which you could go to a survey put the survey in the banker, loot everything, run 30 feet back, withdraw the survey, and rinse and repeat to get thousands of raw materials, kutas, nirncrux, and alchemy materials.
  • Elevenstorm
    Elevenstorm
    ✭✭✭
    Last response from ZOS was from Gina and she wrote they had data to see who exploited and the materials gained from them. This fact alone does not excuse them for not removing said items from inventories. This was poorly handled. I will be partaking in any opportunity from now on as the upside from taking part far outweighs the 3 day ban....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another example of Zos' incompetence. Thanks Matt. Great job.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs should let them keep their stuff, but mark each character with a large scarlett E on their chest that will not go away, regardless of what outfit is worn.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHA. Damn this sucks. Bet this thread is closed soon.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. NativeJoe
      NativeJoe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      oh it will be. they don't like discussions like this. this stuff is for reddit only. not the official forums
    2. anitajoneb17_ESO
      anitajoneb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wait... WHAT DID I MISS?

Nothing. Forum members are complaining. Some agree, some disagree.
      See ? Same as every day :-)
    3. daemonios
      daemonios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Of course not. I did not partake, And it's not my responsibility to police this game.

well then your as culpable letting people exploit and doing nothing zos cant have eyes everywhere thats why the report option exists

Agree 1000%.

Turn a blind eye and you're as guilty as the exploiters.
    4. lathbury
      lathbury
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      oh it will be. they don't like discussions like this. this stuff is for reddit only. not the official forums

its better on twiiter and facebook so any potential new players know to exploit at there first opportunity
    5. NativeJoe
      NativeJoe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      daemonios wrote: »

Agree 1000%.

Turn a blind eye and you're as guilty as the exploiters.

Meh, I'm not even playing this game at this point and unsubbed. DB destroys my class and 5/6 builds for my sorc... so whatever. I'm still in TS with my friends tho, and I wouldn't be a very good friend if I logged on just to go around reporting them. my loyalty is Greater to my friends then a game that repeatedly betrays me and insists I get "more skill"
    6. LordSock
      LordSock
      ✭✭✭
      Conspiracy theory says that they actually wanted this to get out of hand so more people would know about it and purchase the banker from Crown Store w/ real money. Then they shut it down.

Good money grab Zenimax.
    7. GaldorP
      GaldorP
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I posted this before in another thread that was deleted.

Current legendary upgrade material prices based on MM data from one of the most active trading guilds on PC EU server:

Tempering Alloy:
      fUCgcQF.png
      Dreugh Wax:
      h0nbY4K.png
      Rosin:
      jAGOXL4.png

Don't see a huge impact from the exploit yet. Will see how it changes in a few days.