The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that was a load on non answers - oh well always hope for next time.

1) Can you please explain the logic of Argonian health buff, it went from 3 to 6 but the Nord went from 3 to 9. Why did the Argonian health buff get less of an increase than Nord? Are you aware that Argonian buffs are the worst in the game (No one likes the potion passive and healing bonus is insanely under powered) and did the people who told us they would be improved in open beta get fired for liking Argonian's or is there disappearance unrelated to this? As a tie it wouldn't it be insanely easy to tie this into champion points if to get 12% health bonus (imperial) costs 40 champion points, and 9% healing received (Argonian) costs 20 champion points clearly the Argonian one is under powered even by your own calculations so tie the bonus directly into champion points? When will Argonians have better racials?

2) Will we ever see better solo content with interaction between more than one NPC not having to stand and listen to a group conversation and then speak to each person in turn. Will we see improvements to Cadwell Silver and Gold so they actually continue the story rather than start it again as some kind of dream?

3) PvP still seems very very broken but I will save my questions on this till we get 2.1 onto the EU server.

4) There seems to be two lines of thought on the Argonian race, some claim they need the Hist tree to have hatchings other claim that Argonains can be born away for them hist. Which is correct and why do some believe that the Hist Tree is necessary for hatchlings?
  • Vac333
    Vac333
    Add UI customization plz
    the addons we have from the community are great, but they are not always updated so do not work all the time and they still do not cover all features, like notice information positions, at least add option to move UI elements,
    but a full feature fully customizable UI like most MMO'S, built into the game would be much more stable
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering my question about the themes. I look forward to new ones in the future. :)
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will the VR15-16 crafting materials be available as standard harvesting nodes outside the PvP zones?

I am not talking about Dungeon drops. I am not talking about Guild Store provision through other players. I am not talking about the PvE material in IC. I am talking specifically about harvestable nodes in the wild, similar to those that exist in the 1-50 level zones for each faction.

Will these exist?

...and if not, why not?
    Edited by Iluvrien on 1 September 2015 01:14
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the incoming changes to the UI, it was voiced that people were concerned of being forced into these changes. We were fortunately met with a response saying everything added would be optional.

Our Health/Stam/Magicka bars now show at ALL time if we have an active effect (such as a food buff) on - even when you have health bars completely turned on in the game settings.

Why was this change not optional?

[EDIT] And why does is a drink not considered an "active effect" - AKA doesn't force your stat bars on. (If that's a bug, please leave it alone unless we get an option button ;))
    Edited by MissBizz on 3 September 2015 21:14
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Will ZOS ever bring back the Loayalty Pet system?
    (Console players want to know. ;) )
    (At least this one does. :smiley: )

Edited by Ace_of_Destiny on 1 September 2015 10:53
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm asking again:

Will veteran ranks be increased for Wrothgar/Orsinium or will it remain VR16 so that PVE players who don't want to buy a PVP dlc can catch up?
  • Bloodsignal
    Regarding the text chat discussing for consoles: I think it would be a good idea to have an Application where player can text chat. Everybody has an Ipad, Iphone, or an Android device so it will be easy to chat. It won't ruin your or other player's interface while playing. Like a second screen.

That app could be used as a map or something like that, same as seeing your combat logg, buffs and other interesting UI. But still voice chat works fine for me. The only downside is grouping up with randoms. If you have an active guild it isnt a problem.
    Is this something for the future??? :smiley::smiley:
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Daedra die on Nirn, do they leave a body behind or disorients back into oblivion over time? As we know their spirit returns an eventually reforms (unless trapped in a piece of armor) but little is talked about their mortal shells.

If their bodies do remain behind, do Bosmer have a recipe or cookbook on them (they cook just about anyone else)?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the text chat discussing for consoles: I think it would be a good idea to have an Application where player can text chat. Everybody has an Ipad, Iphone, or an Android device so it will be easy to chat. It won't ruin your or other player's interface while playing. Like a second screen.

That app could be used as a map or something like that, same as seeing your combat logg, buffs and other interesting UI. But still voice chat works fine for me. The only downside is grouping up with randoms. If you have an active guild it isnt a problem.
    Is this something for the future??? :smiley::smiley:

I would like this feature as well.

Even without text,would there be Any chance of a skyshard, mage book app in the future?
  • Kama_Son_Of_Dharma
    Kama_Son_Of_Dharma
    Soul Shriven
    Why has spelldamage been nerfed? pre patch rings of cyridiils light at vr14 gave 171 spelldamage and vr14 martial knowledge in legendary quality gave 179 spelldamage now it just gives 120 something.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why have you added Major Brutality to Hidden Blade instead of making a universal ability to increase Major Brutality for all the Weapon Classes to use.

Hidden blade was given Major Brutality to resemble the two hand skill momentum. Shouldn't Bow or Sword/Shield get the same treatment?

Many player's use Bow and Duel Wield and have no use for a long ranged ability such as Hidden Blade when they have a Bow dedicated for their range attack's.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does killing a non-combat animal lock you into combat far longer than a combat mob does?
    signing off
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is ESO's Imperial City rotated about 30 degrees counter-clockwise in comparison to Oblivion's Imperial City?
    Edited by Gidorick on 3 September 2015 00:41
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance of introducing a hunger mechanic by way of an optional skill line?
    Something similar to the vampire feeding mechanism, stages of hunger and well fed etc.
    If it were an optional skill line that had to be chased similar to vampire or werewolf, casual uninterested players would not be bothered by the extra mechanic.

If not standard hunger by way of a 'survivalist' skill line, than a darker option by way of a 'cannibal' skill line might easily fit into the lore.
    Thanks.
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to show costumes on the character select screen?
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is CP catch up and cap starting?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • keonimeyer
    In the future, will we be able to transfer our console characters over to the pc?
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Ok, here's a question...

When will city guards be leveled in such a way so that when some $&#% decides to go on a murder spree, he can't just turn into a werewolf and kill all of the guards, as well. Part of the challenge of being the bad guy is that the guards will want to destroy you. However, if your Veteran rank makes you a God compared to the guards then, what's the point. The guards need to be hard core, vet level fighters, not pushovers. There must be consequence or this is just GTA. I watched some Vet wipe out at least twenty people in Shornhelm today. When the guards went to attack him, he killed them as if they weren't even there. I mean, come on! If somebody wants to be a serial killer in this game, don't nerf the guard skills and give it to the psycho for free. Make them hide, stalk and work for it. What's the point of a Justice System if the lack of guard skills makes it impossible to get caught/punished? It's just God Mode at that point...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Why is ESO's Imperial City rotated about 30 degrees clockwise in comparison to Oblivion's Imperial City?
    *Anticlockwise. Clockwise is the way they need to turn it to fix it ;)
    Domino44G wrote: »
    When will city guards be leveled in such a way so that when some $&#% decides to go on a murder spree, he can't just turn into a werewolf and kill all of the guards, as well. Part of the challenge of being the bad guy is that the guards will want to destroy you. [...] When the guards went to attack him, he killed them as if they weren't even there.
    @Domino44G I'm not sure what you saw, but you can't kill Justice System guards. They are Invincible.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't BoP sets from dungeons scaled to v16 drop at v16 ?
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • keonimeyer
    Will werewolf get an increase to its timer? Also, will vampires get atleast another ability or two?
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Gidorick
    Why is ESO's Imperial City rotated about 30 degrees counter-clockwise in comparison to Oblivion's Imperial City?
    I, Ghrimn of Elder Wood, swear to the Seven that if anyone says "it's the Nords' fault" again I will gather an army just like Ysgramor did, and I will wreck the horker dung of a province from which said person comes from. You hear me Phrastus of Elinhir!? You better watch your tongue you Wombat Licker!

Edited by Ghrimn on 3 September 2015 10:07
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a question about the "dungeons and loot from dungeons will now scale up to vr 16".

Does this only apply to dungeons, or does it apply to trials as well?

There are set pieces from trials like the stygian and dreugh king slayer sets, which pre-dlc max at vr 12 and vr 14, respectively.

Does the new update allow for vr 16 versions of these set pieces to drop or are trials still locked at their original levels?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    So with console we don't have a text chat option .... We have Voice Chat.
    Overall I am ok with this BUT there are some serious issues with its implementation...
    Since we are able to join up to 5 guilds and each guild can have 5 voice channels on top of the area chat channel.
    That's 26 voice channels not including a group channel.

Ok that is the scope...

Now the problems...
    • ESO does not remember the last channel that any given toon was active in OR if area chat was disabled.
    • Why is the default voice chat channel "- All Members 1" of the first guild you accepted an invite from?
    • Note, I stated default voice chat channel above yet the game may or may not enter you in that channel on loading :-/
    • Same can be said about area chat.... sometimes it auto loads.... & sometimes it does not :-/

Solutions...
    • Have the ability to set 1 of the possible 26 channels as the DEFAULT! (Per Toon would be nice)
    • Have the ability to have area chat disabled in settings as a default option if prefered!
    • Have the ability, like area chat has now, to monitor another chat feed. (Explained below)
    • At the least -- Have the game remember the last state a toon was in when it logs out?

Chat feed monitoring
    As it is now we can be in guild/group chat and monitor the area chat feed.
    This feature should be available for all feeds. (One participant feed & one monitoring feed)

NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be a PVE version of the Imperial City? I have 0 interst in PVP, I want no part of the competition that happens there. I have NO need for Tel Var Stones, I'll either craft my gear, or i'll get it from drops from mobs.
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Will you fix Jumping while sneaking? Or Explain a reason to limit it.
  • -BOONeR-
    -BOONeR-
    Soul Shriven
    When will we get Hirelings for the Alchemy profession?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aneova_ESO wrote: »
    Will you fix Jumping while sneaking? Or Explain a reason to limit it.

On one of my faster sneakers I didn't notice the jump change so the jump change seems to be tied to movement speed, and apparently dodge rolls are reduced by snares as well. I think these are related.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Why is ESO's Imperial City rotated about 30 degrees clockwise in comparison to Oblivion's Imperial City?
    *Anticlockwise. Clockwise is the way they need to turn it to fix it ;)

*facepalm* thanks for the correction.
    Edited by Gidorick on 3 September 2015 00:43
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
This discussion has been closed.