Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

15 GB Patch on PS4

FMarin83
FMarin83
Is this the norm for a patch to fix bugs? Finally the servers come up and now i have to wait 9 hours.
There is no try.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FMarin83 wrote: »
    Is this the norm for a patch to fix bugs? Finally the servers come up and now i have to wait 9 hours.

Probably not the norm, but given there are still a myriad of bugs out there expect quite a bit of patching in the near future.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Devve
    Devve
    no this rediculus. this is almost the entire games file size on pc
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    My patch was only 500-ish megs
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Just didn't think 15 GB on this soon.
    There is no try.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    I got 6 hours on mine
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    if the patch notes are the same as on xbox one yesterday, than the devs realy need to learn how to use winrar xD
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah seriously how often are they gonna expect me to download 15 gigs? And could it at least have started the download itself and not waited until i tried to login?
  • funkyjunky77
    I'm wondering whether the new patch has just been added to the day one patch, and so we're all downloading the day one patch a second time, if that makes sense?
    Either way, it's still pretty appalling.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's actually a smaller one.

They've been worse.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting to to see one hell of a patch list for 15gb of data lol.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • frenchyuk86
    frenchyuk86
    ✭✭✭
    15gb here too..
    Frenchyuk86 - PSN
    Vet 14 DragonKnight
    The Forlorn Hope Main Tank
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazza1968 wrote: »

Going off the patch notes for xbox yesterday it's not that much lol.
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    Yeah seriously how often are they gonna expect me to download 15 gigs? And could it at least have started the download itself and not waited until i tried to login?

Yeah. I just happened to finish installing Planetside 2 so i had to close this game to install the update file on that one while i waited. Then i login and it tells me to update and I see 15 gb. That means to me that they literally have us downloading the entire original patch with changes rather than addendum's.
    There is no try.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devve wrote: »

No.. no it's not.

Anyways, I would expect some larger patches at first due to the amount of fixes they are implementing. Once there is less stuff to fix, I imagine there will be smaller patches.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83
    Dazza1968 wrote: »

Going off the patch notes for xbox yesterday it's not that much lol.

The patch notes for this one are up too, and their not much. I think I have only had the pet thing affect me so far.
    There is no try.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devve wrote: »

Not even close buddy.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • frenchyuk86
    frenchyuk86
    ✭✭✭
    Missbizz that's all well but going off the patch notes there's hardly anything...at least not 15gb worth
    Frenchyuk86 - PSN
    Vet 14 DragonKnight
    The Forlorn Hope Main Tank
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preparations for the imperial dlc maybe? We are due to hear about it within a week or two.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nicer if it took advantage of the 160+Mbps Fibre Broadband I paid for rather than the measly 3-4 I'm downloading right now
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I just happened to finish installing Planetside 2 so i had to close this game to install the update file on that one while i waited. Then i login and it tells me to update and I see 15 gb. That means to me that they literally have us downloading the entire original patch with changes rather than addendum's.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering. Am I downloading the original patch with the changes implemented? That is cooler with me than a new 15g because i may need to go get a larger HDD if this is normal. Been planning that anyway but the higher rpms generate more heat in the console and i was holding off.
    Edited by Sithisvoid on 24 June 2015 13:46
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭
    Yeah but someone brought up an interesting question with so little being fixed compared to the HUGE file download is this the same original 15 gig modified or this the start of that expansion with the bears they announced at E3.

(Seriously could have done it in smaller parts or do it like FFAAR and save the cost of downloading on PSN all together.)
    Previous MMOs: Everquest Fennin Ro 99-04 / Star Wars Galaxy Wanderhome 03-04
    World of Warcraft Whisperwind 04-12 / FF 14: ARR 14
    Named Usually: Realmreaver
  • FMarin83
    FMarin83

Yeah that's what I'm wondering. Am I downloading the original patch with the changes implemented? That is cooler with me than a new 15g because i may need to go get a larger HDD if this is normal. Been planning that anyway but the higher rpms generate more heat in the console and i was holding off.

Will have to check the storage file and see if it's doubled once the patch has finished downloading. If it barely changes then this was terrible patching as we just downloaded the entire file again (with some changes).
    There is no try.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the notes?
  • Lifeshield
    Lifeshield
    ✭✭
    15gb for a patch? Again? Had to download a 15gb patch when I installed the game.

XBL: Unreal Warfare
    Xbox One - EU Server
    Selket Shadowdancer - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ESO today, its 15 gb.
  • slipHAZARD
    slipHAZARD
    ✭✭✭
    Now I I will fully admit, I know absolutely NOTHING about what it takes to update and patch a game. But 15gb seems like an awful lot just for a patch. Especially going from the patch notes about the Xbox update 15gb doesn't feel like it adds up. Does anyone know if the Xbox patch was 15gb as well?
    __---> Just My Opinion <---__
    Console: PS4
    PSN: slipHAZARD
    Server: NA
    slipHAZARD
    LVL 28 AD Altmer Sorc
  • xpshowers
    xpshowers
    Soul Shriven
    15GB AGAIN? THOUGHT I COULD GET THE WEREWOLF BITE IN AWHILE ...
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    15gb is this serious???
    Total is now 70gb for one game we only get 500gb and mine is under 50 already...

Edit: got 31gb on my console before i update...

Sonys fault why didnt they sell 1tb/2tb systems at launch, i assumed games would be 20/25gb max so you could get 15+ games, (and they would still be tight imo..)
    Edited by mikey27 on 24 June 2015 13:53
  • troner2
    troner2
    ✭✭
    haha this sucks *** seriously